Categories > Original > Drama > All Those Unfinished

The Way Dracula started working with Helsing

by SylarGrimm 0 reviews

so this is like the prequel. sorry, didnt find this until after i posted the other.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2012-05-28 - Updated: 2012-05-29 - 2531 words

0Unrated
The first part to "If Dracula Worked with Helsing"

*


How do you want me to start? It was a dark and stormy night? Well indeed it was but I'm not gonna use that. Let's say… it was just a dark night. How does that work? Well you get the picture.
The full moon was high in the sky, shinning down on the forest, casting eerie shadows on the frost covered ground. Some where a wind howled mixed with the sounds of crickets and other night creatures. Now this forest was placed on the west side of the Carpathian Mountains in Transylvania on the border of Bukovina and Moldavia. Now only about a mile away was a large crumbling castle that belonged to Transylvania’s richest and scariest man, Count Dracula. He appeared as an older gentleman, a white mustache and graying hair. He seemed feeble, harmless, apart from his sharp teeth that is.
Now for the past few days Dracula has been tormented by a small group of people. The main one being a professor, Abraham Van Helsing. He was especially annoying due to his over flowing information of Dracula’s vampiric kind. Dracula also found himself cornered by several other men such as Jonathan Harker. The others, he didn’t care about. His poor castle had been ransacked and his three brides, murdered, though he had only turned them due to boredom and could have cared less about their passing. The woman, once married to Harker, was now claimed by him. He smiled at the thought. These pathetic humans hadn’t seen his true power yet. He hated having to waist the energy on pests such as these but in order to protect his own skin and immortality he would have to do the worst imaginable. He grinned as Helsing stepped closer, he could imagine a lot of painful ways to make this man suffer, though he did admire the man for his courage and powerful attacks, despite his feeble human body.
Dracula pressed the thick book to his chest, this book was his life and if that wretched Helsing got his grubby hands on it, he would be doomed.
“I'm quite tired of this face now” His voice was dulcet as it slid from his mouth, holding quite an odd accent not known to those around him.
Dracula reached up with his left hand, placing his fingers on his hair line. He used his long nails to rip at skin, making it peel. He eventually got a good flap going and he ripped the rest of the skin away, literally ripping off his face. The white hair on his lip and wrinkles were now gone. In their place was a handsome young man in his early twenties. Short black hair blew around pointed ears. The face was slimmer and more gaunt than before. The nose was perfect and fit into his face perfectly.
“This is my true face!”
His blue eyes were gone, now burning a hostile red, glaring at Helsing in the dark as rain began to fall. Bones cracked as Dracula straightened his back. Helsing ran at him and he smiled.
“Not quite smart, charging at a cornered animal”
Dracula looked at the ground Helsing was about to step on. Just then a black mass surged out of the ground, teeth were quite visible, gnawing and tearing at Helsing’s flesh. The black wolf had no definite shape, moving too fast to be seen by the human eye, as Helsing did all he could to get it away from his face. Helsing grabbed the mutt by the jaws, holding it back inches from his face. Dracula looked at the man’s hands. Curse that Helsing! For on his gloves were strange symbols and glad silver tips. One of the men tried to come around the side and Dracula flew at him. He used one hand to back hand the man, sending him far away, bones cracking as he went. A black murk surrounded Dracula and he laughed, it was more like an insane chuckle.
“Tisk, tisk, Helsing”
Helsing had managed to shove his silver covered hands down the dog’s throat, pulling out what looked like a bloody heart. Dracula found this amusing, that Helsing had some how pulled a heart out of a throat and now had blood covered hands.
“Interesting”
Dracula tilted his head examining and weighing his options. Kill Helsing, then escape. Or run right now leaving every one alive. As soon as the 2nd idea came to mind he wanted to kick himself. Running was not an option. Helsing wiped his bloody hands on his coat, breathing heavily.
“Having fun professor?”
The man was strong, and he would have made a good ally in his plan for world domination. In truth Dracula had gotten bored with his dark and dreary lifestyle and wanted a change, a bigger feeding ground just decided to come with it. Cash too was involved though money meant little to him. The world domination idea was just a pass time.
Hey, old vampire death lords are like that. They kill people just for fun and take over the world just for giggles.
So Dracula threw around some more people, calling forth bats, rats, and freakishly large wolves to devour them. The fight lasted for some time, mostly consisting of Dracula toying with people laughing insanely. But out of no where that woman, Harker’s wife, eyes gleaming red appeared. Harker was giving her a horrified look. Dracula smiled at her and extended his free hand.
“Come my bride, join me”
But the woman didn’t move.
“Eh?”
Her eyes faded back to their normal color and Dracula cursed Helsing for his medaling. Somehow Helsing had found away to block the bond between he and the woman. She ran at him, using her inhuman speed against her master. Dracula, completely caught of guard by Mina didn’t see Harker come from behind and snatch the book, right out from under his arm.
“What?”
Mina slammed into him tearing at his throat. He easily threw her off and watched in growing horror as Harker threw the book at Helsing, who was quite a ways off, standing in a chalk drawn circle. The book landed just outside the circle. Dracula started running at the speed of light but just then the sun rose and the rain stopped. The heat slowed him down as he tried to hide his eyes. The next time he looked, Helsing had the book open and was pouring something red on the pages.
“NOOO!!!! CURSE YOU HELSING!! I’LL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF YOUR SHOULDERS!!!!”
But from behind one of the men that Dracula had no name for stabbed him with a silver bowie knife. He crumbled to his knees as the sun shown right on his back.
Now, as you’ve already figured out, this isn't quite the way Bram Stoker told the legendary tale of Count Dracula’s death scene. That’s because Stoker had to make it up. He had only been told a few parts of the actual tale and what he did know he had to dumb it up so as not to seem… crazy. Taking into fact that this tale happened around the 15th century (aka: 1400’s) stuff gets a little twisted on the way down the line. So by the time Bram got a hold of it, the whole thing was pretty far off base anyway. You see that book that Dracula had was his priced possession. Not only was it pretty, decorative and dated back before time, it was his life. Literally, his life. Well, you’ll get the explanation later in the story, but just know, it's very important! Now the story continues, cuz as we all know, Dracula ain't dead
So like I said, Dracula was stabbed by some guy who ain't important and falls flat on his face under the rising sun. Helsing closed his eyes and whispered
“I bind thee to man, to love as a man, to serve as a man, to die as a man. By the power of the Helsing blood I bind thee back to life. I restrict thy power to hold thee to earth and life. May the darkness be replaced by light. Break the bonds of evil and die fowl beast” Helsing’s voice was sad and burdened
“Did you just call me a fowl beast?”
Helsing's head snapped up to see Dracula staring at him, now standing, with the silver blade in his hand.
“What?! That was supposed to…”
“Supposed to what? Kill me?! I am the lord of an evil, the master of the dead, and the king of DARKNESS!!”
Dracula threw the knife at the white circle. A black murk surrounded the knife and exploded, destroying the white chalk. Dracula took the step across and smiled psychotically, a deranged look in his eyes. Helsing stayed still, staring in disbelieve
“You are a brave and powerful man Helsing, I admire that in you. But it's time to end you. By the darkness in me, I order you to…die”
Dracula pulled his right hand back, ready to stab it into Helsing's chest. Helsing closed his eyes, knowing his defeat, but just as Dracula thrust it forward to stab Helsing in the chest his hand stopped, just as if it had hit a wall.
“EH?!”
He thrust again and again but kept hitting a wall. He growled in frustration and extended his claws. He started slashing at Helsing but sparks flew around him as if he was hitting a solid unbreakable wall. He started using both hands, frowning
“Curses, what is this magic?!”
He started going faster and faster, even using his teeth, but still the invisible wall held. He swore and stopped, breath coming out in angry bursts
“What kind of spell is this!?”
Helsing, who had opened his eyes to see the frenzied vampire, frowned looking at the book in his lap. He had poured his blood on it mixed with the herbs just like the wizard had said. And yet, Dracula was still alive, but unable to hurt him. Then Helsing ran over what he had said for the spell.
“God forgive me”
Dracula frowned, anger burning in his red eyes
“What?”
“I said the wrong words”
“What are you talking about?!”
Dracula was clearly ticked off and was very determined to kill Helsing, no matter what. He raised his hands to the sky. A black wolf emerged out of his cloak and attacked Helsing. But it too hit a wall. Dracula swore and called his demon away.
“What wrong words?!”
Dracula got as close to Helsing’s face as the wall would allow. Helsing's blue eyes stared into the demented red ones and he sighed
“You are bound to me”
Dracula closed his eyes, smiling as he rubbed his ear
“I'm sorry, I must have heard you wrong…. did you just say I was bound to you?”
“I was supposed to say ‘by the power of GOD’S blood I bind thee to DEATH’ but I messed up…”
“I’d say you did!”
Dracula clenched his fists and looked around. He smiled when he saw the Harkers hugging each other to his right.
“I might not be able to kill you but…”
Dracula disappeared and reappeared behind Harker. He pulled him away from his wife, holding him by the throat.
“But I can kill him!”
Helsing stood letting the book fall to the ground.
“Let him go”
“Like I would listen to you”
Helsing glared at Dracula
“I said let him go. As my slave, you must obey.”
As Hellsing stared into his eyes Dracula felt a pain in his head. He struggled keeping his hand on Harker’s throat. He felt his palms burning and he finally let go.
“And as your master I give you this command. You will never kill another innocent soul on this earth ever again, do you understand me? You can no longer harm them”
Dracula felt as if he was burdened down with a sorrow.
“You…you think I’d follow that rule? I enjoy killing all to much”
“No matter, you will follow it”
Dracula swore at Helsing every word he could think of in every language he knew, which took him a long time. Dracula stalked past Helsing and picked up the book. He dusted the dirt off it and opened it up to the first page.
“You’ve ruined it!!”
On the first page had been an unreadable name in a strange language written in blood. Now a giant red stain blotted out over half the name, a blood stain.
“That’s not going to come off is it?”
Dracula glared at Helsing who smirked
“I doubt it leach”
“What do you plan to do? Have me kill myself?”
“That won't work, I bound you to life which means I can't purposely get you killed”
“Whatever”
Dracula started off
“Stop”
Suddenly Dracula’s feet stopped against his will
“Dash it!”
He tried to move forward but his feet began to burn. He turned back to Helsing in frustration.
“What?!”
“Hand over that book”
“Hell no”
“Now”
“I said no”
“I said now!”
Harker sat on the ground tending to the fallen men, shaking his head at Dracula’s child like defiance
“I won't give it to you, never!”
“Hand it over!”
Dracula hugged it to his chest but after much thought he smirked. If Van Helsing had the book, then maybe she would come after Helsing and not himself. Dracula stuck the book out at arms length as if Helsing might have an illness
“Here”
Helsing took it and turned to Harker
“Let's get out of this Hell”
Dracula twisted his foot in the ground
“If I'm gonna be stuck at your hip then I might as well tell you. As soon as your little spell wears off” Dracula looked at Mina “She will be under my control and no longer obliged to Harker” Dracula waved his hand “But I won't steal her, she's not my type”
Mina smirked
“No you like pale hags”
Dracula chuckled
“I care not for anyone, I merely got bored of being lonely. Plus I didn’t want to clean”
Mina giggled and Harker gave her a disapproving glare.
Eventually everyone packed up, buried the dead, and headed back to London, dragging Dracula with them. Needless to say he was not a very happy camper. But he was very excited about seeing London, new places, new smells, new blood.
Now let me tell you. Dracula is not really as he is described in Stoker’s novel. He's an inquisitive, charming, very curious, sadistic, psychotic, demented, neat freak, flashy, killer. He doesn’t fear garlic nor does a stake hurt him. Silver only hurts in the daylight but it seems to hinder his animals. Holy water does hurt and he can not go only Holy Ground unless let in. Now he can come and go as he pleases in people’s homes, which can cause problems. If you cut off his head he will merely reattach it and be very ticked.
Sign up to rate and review this story