Categories > Original > Drama > All Those Unfinished

How Dracula got to Work with Helsing (Edited)

by SylarGrimm 0 reviews

So found this, a differnt way Dracula started working with Helsing with the thought that Dracul was the killer and Dracula wasnt. again the dates are screwed

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2012-05-28 - Updated: 2012-05-29 - 4434 words

0Unrated
Again, messed up dates and what not. now that i think about it this was going to be the precusor to a story i was writing with a little girl and a vampire in the basement

**

Now almost every vampire fan out there knows of Dracula’s last stand at his castle. But you see the story happened in the 15th century (aka: 1400’s there abouts). So by the time Bram Stoker got a hold of it, the whole tale was quite warped and out of context. You see, Stooker’s novel told of an old Count Dracula, a feeble old man with a white mustache and elderly appearance. This is the only vampire in the tale other than Dracula’s three brides. He was defeated by a vampire hunter and professor named Abraham Van Helsing along with the help of Jonathan Harker and his wife. A few others were suitors to a now dead woman who kinda started the whole thing. Dracula was killed by an American named Quincey Morris with a bowie knife.
Now who really believes Dracula died that easily? And if someone did die, who said it was Dracula? Who said Dracula was the only ancient vampire there? Bram Stoker did but who’s to say that his tale was a hundred percent correct? After all he retold it after it was told to him… 400 years later. Tales get pretty twisted when told down the line and Dracula is no different.
You see to completely understand what I'm about to tell you, you have to know that way back when, around 1436, a man named Vlad II Dracul came to power in Romania. He had several sons but his most beloved was Vlad III Dracula, better known as Vlad the Impaler, who came to power in 1456. Now way before this in an unknown time and place there lived two men, a man and his son. They had no names, nor did they need them. But everyone knew of them. They traveled the land slaughtering everyone and everything in sight. After a few years of doing this the son reached his late twenties and the father was in his fifties. They were hunted down and because the father was ill and old they could not run forever. So the son led them to an old library where they, naturally, killed every one and claimed it as their own. They hid here for a few weeks but soon the son’s inquisitive and curious nature got the best of him.
He now found himself standing in front of a large door. The door was hidden into the wall, barely visible in the darkness of the cellar, with large strange symbols drawn in red and black all over the door. Several wood blanks covered the handle and hinges, keeping it from opening. He spent hours, peeling at the wood and banging anything he could find against the door.
Finally, after hours of work the door sprung open. As it fell open dust flew up and the son heard whispering in an unknown language. The dust cleared and the whispering stopped as he stepped inside. The room was bare except for a stone pulpit with a large leather bound book on it. The son took a few cautious steps forward as he read the title out loud.
“Liber Mortuorum?”
The boy had no idea that to us English speaking people it was Latin for “The Book of the Dead”. He of course knew a little Latin, due to his travels and was able to read the title easily. He grinned as he opened it. The first page read this:

To Whom It May Concern
I warn thee by the blood of Christ
To never open or use this book.

He flipped the page and read this


For use of the book of the dead
Spill your blood
Think of what you long to live for
Write your name in your blood
On the open page

If you are the first
Then you are
Lord

The boy smiled at this. He liked the thought of being lord. He pulled his knife out of his belt and without a second thought, slid it from the base of his palm to the tip of his index finger on his left hand. Blood leaked out of the large wound and he smiled at the pain. He thought of why he wanted to live forever and wrote his name on the blank page.
At first, nothing happened. But he felt a pain in his chest. Then it was like everyone’s pain in the world was suddenly upon him. He screamed in agony as he fell to the ground. His bones cracked as they moved into a new position. He felt his teeth grow longer as well did his nails. His once brown hair grew and became black. His clothes caught fire and burned to ash. His legs got longer as well did his arms, as he became what he himself viewed as perfect. He shot his head up to face the ceiling. He closed his blue eyes and when he snapped them open they were a brilliant gleaming red. He felt some sort of power course threw his veins as the pain faded. He chuckled at first but soon it became a full out maniac laugh. He heaved as he tried to get air in his lungs.
Well the father, who had viewed all this threw the door, ran in to hold his son, only to be flung off and into a wall. The son stood and stretched out his arms. As he did so a black cloth materialized out of nothing and formed clothes for him. He smiled running his tongue over his newly sharp teeth. He looked at his left hand to see the wound now turned into a scar. He picked up the knife and pressed against his wrist. A small drop of blood dripped onto the already stained knife. But the skin sealed right back up as soon as he too the knife away. He laughed some more, feeling a thirst for blood.
As you can probably figure out the father wrote his name as well and they both became invincible. Though the son was much stronger than his father. Having the ability to turn into a mist or a group of bats, even a wolf. He could defy gravity, scaling walls at the speed of light. He was invisible as he ran, he was unstoppable.
Now why did I just tell you the tale of a nameless son? It's because, after the two men stole the book and went back to traveling, they found themselves in Romania in the year 1393. And from there on its history. The father became Vlad II Dracul, while the son became Vlad III Dracula. Their total rule last for 26 years, from 1436 to 1462.
Well some time later the two, after killing millions, moved to Transylvania, where they decided to lay low and play it save. They lured young girls to the castle they lived in, draining them of their blood. For years they lived in this castle. Over that time two more names were added to the book. Crina Daciana and Alister Beathan. Crina was a woman of Romanian decent while Alister was a traveling Scotsman. Both stayed in the castle while Dracula taught them how to control their powers and urges. But soon they flew the nest, of in search of their own place.
So for a few more years they hung about until, naturally, Dracula became bored with his dreary lifestyle and decided to learn something. So he parted ways from his farther and went to Amsterdam to attend college. Here he met a very bright professor named Abraham Van Helsing. He learned a great deal about him, including his knowledge of the supernatural. Helsing watched as he researched the Book of the Dead, searching for weaknesses. Soon he found it, with Helsing’s help.
If you killed the Vampire’s reason to be immortal than it would die. But this only went for book vampires, or the Moroi. Any vampires turned by the Moroi were not even bound to life by their reason to live but to their master, that is whoever turned them. These turned vampires can be split into two categories: Strigoi and Victus Mortuus. The Strigoi are humans that are bitten by a Moroi and willingly drinks their blood, making them some what weaker versions of the Moroi. They are able to be killed with stakes, fire, decapitations, etc. Now the VM as they're called are… well… Zombies. Enough said. Let's move on.
Dracula went back to his father but told him nothing of the book’s weaknesses. Dracula and his father went on killing and killing until Dracul decided he, well, wanted to rule the world. Starting with London. Now Dracula didn’t share any interest and went on killing as his farther started his plan. But soon Dracula found Jonathan Harker wondering the castle, getting attacked by his father’s wives. He quickly saved the man, due to reasons no one can fully understand, and allowed the man to escape. He investigated some more and discovered Helsing’s involvement. He quickly came to Helsing in the place he was staying at and demanded to talk to him. Now Dracula told Abraham of his powers and his father. The scene went something like this:
Dracula took his seat across from Helsing in the small lobby. No one was insight and Dracula found this the perfect time to inform Helsing of his plan, his plan to kill his own father.
“Now, Dr. Helsing, as you’ve guessed I am the son of a monster. And I wish to kill this monster, but I can not do it on my own.”
“If your it’s son that makes you a part of his crimes”
“True”
“You're not going to deny it?”
Dracula waved his hand
“Why would I? I admit I have taken my share of lives and blood but I'm bored now.”
Helsing cocked his head
“You want my help to kill your father because… you're bored?”
Dracula grinned
“Yes”
Helsing shook his head
“I should kill you”
“Go ahead and try old man, I am unkillable. Unless you know what I live for”
Helsing’s eyes looked into Dracula’s face, trying to pull out any clue as to why the monster was here.
“Let me guess, you know your father’s reason to live?”
“Precisely”
“Why don't you kill him yourself?”
Dracula reached forward and grabbed and empty wineglass. He leaned back in the chair, bringing the glass to his eyes.
“Because I need your help”
Dracula set the glass between his legs and pulled up his right sleeve. Helsing gasped as Dracula ran his long nail from the wrist to his middle finger, blood trailing behind it. He tilted his hand down and blood flowed unnaturally down his arm and into the glass, just enough to fill half. The extra blood pulled back into the wound and the skin closed up without even leaving a trace. He fixed his sleeve and picked up the glass. He offered it to the man across from him.
“Drink this and seal the deal. Not only will I help you kill my father but I can save that woman from his clutches. I will be your servant for ever more, never leaving your side. You will be my new master”
Helsing looked at the grinning creature than at the wineglass. If he had the help of another Son of the Night then he could kill the thing in the castle.
“Is there anything else I have to do?”
Dracula widened his smile
“Let me drink your blood, it seals the pact”
Helsing gulped
“I won't become one of them… will I?”
Dracula closed his eyes
“No, I have to bite you first, then you drink it willingly straight from the source.”
Dracula opened his blood red eyes
“Unless that’s what you want?”
Helsing grimaced
“I'll pass on that.”
Helsing grabbed another wineglass. With a sigh he pulled out a pocket knife and made a cut on his palm. The blood trained from his hand to the glass much slower than Dracula’s. Helsing picked up the glass and made a switch with the vampire
“For Mina”
“For Death”
Both men downed their drinks. Helsing looked sick while Dracula ran his long tongue on the inside of the glass.
“The deal… Is sealed”
Helsing led Dracula to Mina’s room where she lay convulsing on a bed.
“This is not good”
Dracula knelt next to her and took up her hand. Her eyes snapped to his face and he smiled. He brought her hand to his own face and placed the palm on his chest
“Do you feel that, Love? I am one of the monsters.”
Mina just stared at him
“I can save you from your fate as a useless creature.”
He leaned closer, smiling
“Join me, willingly drink my blood and be healed. Become a vampire”
Mina shook her head, moaning. Dracula sighed and turned to Helsing
“Give me an empty wine bottle”
Helsing handed the bottle to him and he did the same as he did with the glass. His blood flowed unnaturally into the bottle, filling it almost to the top. He put the cork back in it as the wound healed. He stood and offered the bottle to Harker, who was eyeing Dracula, uneasy
“Mix this with any food she eats and any drink. It will counter my father’s blood and bond. But it will…” Dracula threw her a worried glance “Give her some side affects”
“What do you mean?”
“For a few weeks, she will thirst for blood and have the strength of a vampire.” Dracula wagged his finger in Harker’s face “But it will pass once the blood is out of her system.”
Harker put his hand on the bottle and Dracula grabbed his wrist. Harker froze under the cold touch
“She must drink the whole bottle and rest. Don't give her any blood, no matter how much she begs you. Her safety depends on you”
Dracula let go and took his leave.
So Dracula and Helsing teamed up and, with the help of a dead girl’s suitors, cornered Dracul to the shadow of his castle.
**
The full moon was high in the sky, shinning down on the forest, casting eerie shadows on the frost covered ground. Some where a wind howled mixed with the sounds of crickets and other night creatures. Now this forest was placed on the west side of the Carpathian Mountains in Transylvania on the border of Bukovina and Moldavia. Now only about a mile away was a large crumbling castle that belonged to Transylvania’s richest and scariest man, Count Dracul. He appeared as an older gentleman, a white mustache and graying hair. He seemed feeble, harmless, apart from his sharp teeth that is.
Now for the past few days Dracul has been tormented by a small group of people while he hid out with his only son. His poor castle had been ransacked and his three brides, murdered, though he had only turned them due to boredom and could have cared less about their passing. The woman, once married to Harker, was now claimed by him. He smiled at the thought. These pathetic humans hadn’t seen his true power yet. He hated having to waist the energy on pests such as these but in order to protect his own skin and immortality he would have to do the worst imaginable. He grinned as Helsing stepped closer, he could imagine a lot of painful ways to make this man suffer, though he did admire the man for his courage and powerful attacks, despite his feeble human body.
Dracul pressed the thick book to his chest, this book was his life and if that wretched Helsing got his grubby hands on it, he would be doomed.
“You are all fools!” His voice was dulcet as it slid from his mouth, holding quite an odd accent not known to those around him.
His blue eyes were gone, now burning a hostile red, glaring at Helsing in the dark as rain began to fall. Bones cracked as Dracul straightened his back. Helsing ran at him and he smiled.
“Not quite smart, charging at a cornered animal”
Dracul looked at the ground Helsing was about to step on. Just then a black mass surged out of the ground, teeth were quite visible, gnawing and tearing at Helsing’s flesh. The black wolf had no definite shape, moving too fast to be seen by the human eye, as Helsing did all he could to get it away from his face. Helsing grabbed the mutt by the jaws, holding it back inches from his face. Dracul looked at the man’s hands. Curse that Helsing! For on his gloves were strange symbols and glad silver tips. One of the men tried to come around the side and Dracul flew at him. He used one hand to back hand the man, sending him far away, bones cracking as he went. A black murk surrounded Dracul and he laughed, it was more like an insane chuckle.
“Tisk, tisk, Helsing”
Helsing had managed to shove his silver covered hands down the dog’s throat, pulling out what looked like a bloody heart. Dracul found this amusing, that Helsing had some how pulled a heart out of a throat and now had blood covered hands.
“Interesting”
Dracul tilted his head examining and weighing his options. Kill Helsing, then escape. Or run right now leaving every one alive. As soon as the 2nd idea came to mind he wanted to kick himself. Running was not an option. Helsing wiped his bloody hands on his coat, breathing heavily.
“Having fun professor?”
The man was strong, and he would have made a good ally in his plan for world domination. In truth Dracul had gotten bored with his dark and dreary lifestyle and wanted a change, a bigger feeding ground just decided to come with it. Cash too was involved though money meant little to him. The world domination idea was just a pass time.
Hey, old vampire death lords are like that. They kill people just for fun and take over the world just for giggles.
So Dracul threw around some more people, calling forth bats, rats, and freakishly large wolves to devour them. The fight lasted for some time, mostly consisting of Dracul toying with people laughing insanely. But a familiar voice came from the shadows behind him.
“Having fun father?”
In all the action Dracul had completely forgotten about his son.
“Come my boy, join me!”
Dracul smiled warmly and Dracula grinned as Helsing held his breath
“No”
Dracul tilted his head
“No?”
Dracula his arms out and the rain fell harder. A thick, blacker, murk surrounded the son and he laughed like a maniac
“It's time to see how superior I am to you father! It's time for you to pass on!”
A large dragon like creature formed out of the murk and roared. Though he won't admit it, Dracul trembled in fear
“Son what are you doing?!”
Dracula smiled, eyes gleaming with murder on his face
“I’M GOING TO PUT AN END TO YOU!!”
The dragon flew forward and Dracul dropped the book in fear, taking to his feet. But the dragon was faster than him and swallowed the vampire. Dracula stepped forward and picked up the book while Helsing went about their plan.
Dracul fought his way out of the dragon and watched in growing horror as Dracula threw the book at Helsing, who was quite a ways off, standing in a chalk drawn circle. The book landed just outside the circle. Dracul started running at the speed of light but just then the sun rose and the rain stopped. The heat slowed him down as he tried to hide his eyes. The next time he looked, Helsing had the book open and was setting it on a pile of burning sticks.
“NOOO!!!! CURSE YOU HELSING!! I’LL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF YOUR SHOULDERS!!!!”
But from behind his own son stabbed him with a silver bowie knife in the heart. He crumbled to his knees as the sun shown right on his back.
You see that book that Dracul had was his reason for living, the Book of Death. The reason he gave to live was to protect the book at all cost. And in his eyes he had failed.
The book burned to ash and Dracul let out screams in agony. When the book was completely gone Dracul turned to dust.
Dracula picked up the knife and threw it at the white circle. A black murk surrounded the knife and exploded, destroying the white chalk. Helsing backed up as Dracula extinguished the fire with his bare hands. He scooped up the ashes stared at them. He smiled as he felt the energy within them. He let them fall to the ground feeling Helsing watching him. He placed his hand in the pile of ashes and closed his eyes. The ashes shook and started to take shape. After a few seconds the Book of the Dead was back to its normal self.
Dracula picked up the book and looked at Helsing
“Did you know that you killed my reason to live?”
Helsing looked at the vampire
“Then why aren't you dead?”
“My exact words to the book were that I would serve my master, this is my reason to live. You killed my master and replaced him”
Helsing grinned
“So whoever kills me would be your new master and so on?”
“Correct”
“You cheated, you fowl beast”
Dracula chuckled
“Did you just call me a fowl beast?”
Helsing laughed
“You are forever bound to me then?”
Dracula closed his eyes, smiling as he rubbed his ear
“I'm sorry, I must have heard you wrong…. did you just say I was bound to you?”
“But you just said…”
“You’ll die old man, and then I will serve your son. I am bound to your blood”
Dracula opened the book and observed the pages. On the first page there had been four unreadable names in a strange language written in blood. Now a giant red stain blotted out the 2nd name.
“Hand over that book”
Dracula frowned
“Hell no”
“Now”
“I said no”
“I said now!”
Harker sat on the ground tending to the fallen men, shaking his head at Dracula’s child like defiance
“I won't give it to you, never!”
“Hand it over!”
Dracula hugged it to his chest but after much thought he smirked. If Van Helsing had the book, then maybe, if anyone came looking for it, they would come after Helsing and not himself. Dracula stuck the book out at arms length as if Helsing might have an illness
“Here”
Helsing took it and turned to Harker
“Let's get out of this Hell”
Dracula breathed in and frowned.
“Stop”
“What?”
Dracula twisted his foot in the ground
“I smell blood”
“Well your father just killed a man…”
“No… down in the town…That woman”
The men ran down the hill, Dracula already standing in front of Mina before the men even noticed he was gone. Dracula smirked at the blood covered Mina. She had just got done slaughtering a young man and was licking her lips.
“Naughty girl”
They just stared at each other and the men arrived, out of breath. Dracula turned to them
“What took you so long?”
Harker took a step towards Mina
“Mina… Are you alright?”
Dracula laughed
“Does she look alright?”
He stepped forward and grabbed her neck. She struggled against him, brainless
“Listen girly do you want to stay like this forever?”
Mina stopped struggling, her red eyes turning back to blue. She began to cry
“Then drink my blood and control that thirst in you”
Dracula used his free hand to pull down his collar
Harker grabbed Dracula’s arm
“Don't!”
Dracula glared at the man
“Do you want her to kill you? She’s out of her mind right now! My blood from the source is the only thing that can save her. It’s the closest thing we have to my father's blood, since she is already bitten”
Harker let go and stepped back, tears in his eyes. Dracula rolled his eyes
“What a pansy”
Dracula smiled at Mina
“Insanity or eternal life. Your choice”
Mina closed her eyes
“Life”
“Good choice”
Dracula brought her to his neck and she bit down, crying as she drank.
After about an hour everything was settled and Mina turned to Dracula as he was about to get in the carriage with Helsing, heading back to the hotel
“If I didn’t know any better I’d say you actually cared for human life”
“I care not for anyone; I merely get bored of being lonely.”
Mina giggled and Harker gave her a disapproving glare.
Eventually everyone packed up, buried the dead, and headed back to London, dragging Dracula with them. Needless to say he was not a very happy camper. But he was very excited about seeing London, new places, new smells, new blood.
Now let me tell you, as you can see, Dracula is not really as he is described in Stoker’s novel. He's an inquisitive, charming, very curious, sadistic, psychotic, demented, neat freak, flashy, killer. He doesn’t fear garlic nor does a stake hurt him. Silver only hurts in the daylight but it seems to hinder his animals. Holy water doesn’t hurt and he can go only Holy Ground unlike any others like him. Now he can come and go as he pleases in people’s homes, which can cause problems. If you cut off his head he will merely reattach it and be very much ticked.
NEXT TIME ON: How to Find a Heart,
So Dracula goes to London with Helsing killing only those he deemed worthy to kill. He thought it made his life more interesting. But Dracula discovers an unwanted truth. He is no longer the only vampire. The previous two I told you about, Crina and Alister, one of them has decided to spread and “populate” the world with vampires.

**
Found this story with that whole "NEXT TIME ON HOW TO FIND A HEART" mite be a prequel to the story that i will post next.
Sign up to rate and review this story