Categories > Original > Drama > All Those Unfinished

Yet Another Dracula story

by SylarGrimm 0 reviews

this must have been the time i was into dracula

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2012-05-28 - Updated: 2012-05-29 - 3224 words

0Unrated
I like this one. but i have no idea where it was going

**

It may have been the night of Valentines Day but it was the kind of night that called forth demons to play. Fog poured into the dirty alleyway and the night fell. The alley was lined with garbage cans and rats. Puddles of water mixed with other fluids reflected the moon and stars. No one was in sight except two children and their shadows. They were sitting on a large garbage bin laughing as if they were not surrounded by darkness and fog. Their clothes were dirty and torn and their hair was oily and unkempt. And yet they still looked happy, because they were together.
The girl, 8 years of age, passed a small piece of bread to her partner, a boy of 7. He ate it greedily not knowing that the girl had not eaten and was giving her piece to him. The girl was tall, petite with short red-brown hair. Her green eyes were sad as she looked at the boy. She wore an old dress that was too small for her and a chain necklace with a dagger at the end. The boy had deep brown eyes under a mess of brown hair. Because he was tall for his age his pants were too short and stopped at his shins.
They were not brother and sister as one might think but they were close enough to be. The girl, whose name was Helen, was the leader and the dreamer of the two. She was the one who came up with plans to find places to sleep and eat. The boy, named Hale, was the follower and the common sense of the duo. He was always the distraction or the bait whenever it came down to the need of one. Neither one lived with they're parents but they knew they had them. Helen’s mother had always been away at work and her father always drank, making her run away at age 4. Hale’s parents had left him on the steps of a church at the age of 3. They had come across each other when Helen had slept on the church’s step a year after she had ran away. She convinced him to follow her and run away from his so called parents. Hale followed her, admiring her love for adventure and the understanding of the world. But that was 3 years ago and both had accepted their fate as orphans.
The sky was getting darker by the second and Helen felt a twinge of fear in her stomach. She was never afraid of the dark that was Hale’s role. But something about the way the night settled put a bad feeling in her bones. The fog was getting thicker and now blocked the ends of the streets from view and with it came the smell of dead people.
“Hey Hale… we should go…”
The boy looked at her smiling. But when he looked past her fear burned in his eyes. He let the bread fall out of his hand as he pointed. Helen turned slowly to face the thickest part of the fog. Several figures stood just inside it, making their outlines apparent. They did not stand like normal people, they were hunched, heads cocked to one side. They shuffled forward, moaning and growling. They stepped out of the fog and Helen felt a scream rise in her throat. Their skin was gray and rotted like an over rip banana. Their eyes just bloody balls. Puss and blood poured from several wounds. Many were missing limbs and pieces of flesh. Their clothes were torn and covered in blood and dirt. They were all ages and sex. A fat man moaned and gurgled as he lurched forward, dragging his left foot. A small boy grinned showing large sharp teeth. A woman kept twisting her head at odd angles with every step she took.
Helen slid off the dumpster and grabbed a near by broomstick.
“Run Hale, now!!”
“Can't”
Helen looked back to see more of the strange creatures coming out of the fog, shuffling towards Hale. Helen searched the walls for any escape. The grinning boy ran at her like a misshapen Muppet. She swung the stick down knocking him to the ground. But he bounced off the ground and leapt up at her neck. He bit down and the girl let out a blood curdling scream as she managed to shove him off, tearing her skin and spilling blood, soaking her dress and hair. He reacted with speed and grabbed her foot. She stabbed the stick into his eye but he just kept grinning.
“LET GO!!!”
Helen kicked him in the face, splattering blood over her worn shoes and dress. A can of paint came from above and crushed the boy’s head into a mess of blood and brains. Helen looked up to see Hale standing on a fire escape. She ran towards the latter but the fat gurgling man stopped her. She tried to hit him with the stick but he caught in and ripped it out of her hands. He moaned as he threw the stick away. Hale jumped from the escape and tackled the creature. He was quickly grabbed and thrown into Helen, sending them both into the wall. The creatures shuffled in. A small girl grabbed an unconscious Hale’s leg and began to bring it to her mouth. Helen kicked it away and pulled Hale into her lap. The beasts were foaming at the mouth and moaning as they reached for them. Helen screamed.
Just then, to the far right of the group, body limbs were being tossed into the air with the sound of carnage. The undead stopped and turned to the disturbance. Several more were slaughtered by an unseen enemy.
“Pathetic beasts”
The voice was majestic and calm.
“If this is what the undead have come to…” more screams and sprays of blood “Then someone better shoot me…” The group was beginning to thin as the voice got closer and guns fired. “Because I’d rather be dead…” more slaughter “…Than be classified with this disgrace”
A woman to Helen’s right exploded into a spray of blood, splattering her and Hale. In her place was a set of feet standing in the puddle of blood wearing white and black boots. Attached to the feet were long legs dressed in black torn cloth pants. A wide black belt covered a thin waist holding several knifes and different weapons. A white V-neck shirt covered a thin muscular chest and covered the top part of the belt. A black tie fluttered on his chest. A torn black leather duster blew slightly in the wind resting on strong broad shoulders. Two medium sized arms hung at his sides. Black and white gloves with several buckles and straps covered them, disappearing into his sleeves. In his hands were two large guns, one black and the other white, that looked too heavy for any normal person to carry. The black one was in his white gloved right hand, while the white was in his black gloved left. A strong neck sported a slender face surrounded by shoulder length black hair. A few white strands of hair fell in his face, covering his right eye. A black chain attached to a red stone the shape of a cross was draped around his neck. A small perfect nose rested above a thin line of a mouth. Slightly pointed ears peeked out from his black hair. He was tall, tall enough to make him duck while walking threw a door, and looked around the age of 20. A slight sent of wild cherries wafted over Helen’s face soon covered by the stench of the creatures around her.
But the thing that caught Helen’s attention was his eyes. Psychotic red eyes were set into the handsome face. The red was brilliant, literally glowing in the darkness under his white bangs.
“There's nothing like the smell of blood under a full moon….”
The man stuck his nose in the air, taking in the smell around him. He smiled. Helen gasped as she surveyed the man's white teeth. All were too sharp to belong to a normal human. But the incisors were way too large for his mouth it seemed and came to a breath taking point. He angled his head to her, red eyes smiling
“It's a beautiful night don't you think girl?”
Helen just stared at him, letting his dulcet voice wash over her. But the moaning of the monsters filled the silence and the man frowned, shaking his head.
“Pathetic beasts… you all shall rot in Hell!!”
He swung his guns at a sickening speed killing several creatures.
“Brainless zombies”
Their heads exploded faster than Helen was able to keep up. Each bullet hit its mark never missing. But before the last few died she felt herself slipping as Hale stirred. She closed her eyes and let the darkness swallow her. She heard the last few hit the ground and Hale gasping. But soon she couldn't even feel Hale in her lap.
The strange man put on black sunglasses and surveyed his work. He smiled as he let the smell of blood fill his lungs.
“I am a true master…Look Bloodletter!! It's practically a work of art!”
He spread his arms as he searched the darkness which looked like broad daylight to him.
“Bloodletter? Where are ya?”
A young man emerged out of the shadows grinning. He was a tall, masculine man with long, waist-length, silver hair. But his bangs were black and hung in his face. Long fangs gleamed in the moonlight as he allowed himself to smile wider. A strong hawk-like nose sat under dark red eyes. His left arm was wrapped in a black metal, seeming irremovable. He wore a black leather vest over a white collar shirt with black leather pants. Over his clothes he sported a long white coat with black fur at the collar. At the back of the coat, between his shoulder blades, was an emblem of a bat in black thread. He also wore a white belt with the same symbol as the belt buckle.
“Truly a show of expertise”
His voice cut threw the darkness like the purring of a cat.
“The blood falls in such a majestic way”
The man in the black coat knelt in front of the now awake Hale and the passed out Helen.
“It seems we were not the only ones to witness the show Aluc.”
The new voice was raspy and burned the ears. The one called Aluc turned from the wide eyed Hale and looked up. There standing in the sky was a middle aged man with short brown hair. His eyes were a dull red and his face was gaunt, cheek bones clearly visible. He wore a light blue collar shirt with a black vest and black dress pants. A white tie was fluttering in the wind. He had a large scar over his left eye that stretched from his hair line to his chin. He had an eerie look about him with the moonlight shinning behind him.
“Welcome Bartholomew, I had no idea you had such interest in my work.”
“I have not any interest in your work, Aluc. I merely smelled all that rotten flesh and came to survey the scene myself.”
“Well you’ve done your surveying, goodbye”
“How do you plan to deal with the children? I would be glad to dispose of them myself”
Aluc frowned, anger burned in his eyes
“That is not necessary Bartholomew. Get lost, you have out lasted your welcome.”
“It is hard to believe that you are king with that attitude”
“If I had a more kingly attitude then I would have you killed for talking back to me.”
The gaunt faced man furrowed his brow but smiled
“Forgive me your highness. And good night”
Bartholomew faded into darkness. Aluc allowed his smile to play on his lips, exposing his fangs.
“Well child, it seems we have a problem. What do you think we should do about that?”
Hale whimpered gripping Helen’s blood soaked dress. Aluc looked at her and hissed
“Curse those brainless beast, they bit her….”
Aluc reached for Helen but Hale swatted his hand away. Aluc smiled
“I can save her but at a price”
“Price?”
“I don't kill you like I'm supposed to but I take the girls life. Your only other option is to die and her turn into a brainless beast. And you have to choice now”
Hale, letting fear run his actions, pulled away from Helen as fast as possible. He scurried away from Aluc and whispered
“Take her…don't hurt me”
With one last look at Helen he ran off into the dark. Aluc sighed
“All humans are the same… never thinking of the others”
Aluc gathered Helen in his arms and brought her neck to his mouth
“This won't hurt a bit…ok maybe I lied”
Aluc allowed his fangs to puncture Helen’s neck. The sweet blood filled his mouth and he swallowed. He brought her closer and her eyes fluttered open. At first it burned but after a few seconds the pain dulled and she became numb. She let out a gasp and Aluc squeezed her shoulders. It was an odd feeling, his lips on her throat. She felt herself slipping but she kept her eyes open, staring at the full moon. After what seemed like forever Aluc pulled away, after licking the wound. It sizzled like water on fire. The wound burned shut and Helen winced. Aluc bit his own wrist and allowed a few drops of blood to fall into her mouth
“It's just enough to make sure you survive.”
Helen swallowed and closed her eyes. Aluc listened as her heart slowed to an inhuman speed. When her heart stabilized to the slow tempo he pulled her up into his arms, standing.
“Bloodletter, go find the boy. Take him to the house on Woodlock. Explain to him that he must stay there and that the house is his now. Make sure to even transfer it over to his name.”
Bloodletter nodded, eyeing the girl
“You know what happens when one of our kind bites a child…”
“I know, but there's just something about her… she defended that boy till the end. No normal human would do that”
Aluc headed off into the darkness as Bloodletter dissipated into thin air.
**
The castle had a large porch and large double doors with roses etched in the wood. Aluc put his palm towards the double doors and they slowly swung open.
“Liam! Terra! I have a guest for you”
Aluc walked in, the door closing behind him. He walked threw the foyer and into the sitting room. The castle, which was more like a glorified house, was 4 stories tall; the upper two levels never have been used. The whole house followed the color schemes of red, black, and white with a few blue’s thrown in for fun. Every where there was carpet it was either red or blue. The banisters were white, as well as the floors while the walls were black.
There was a large red carpet staircase to the far right that disappeared into a dark upper part of the house. A large leather couch faced a fire place and a black coffee table. This main hall’s ceiling was 4 stories up, ending in large glass dome to view the sky. A pair of glass doors were across from where Aluc stood leading to a dinning room, which has never been used. A hallway beside the fireplace led to a kitchen that also has never been used.
On top of the fireplace sat an assortment of old philosophy books that Aluc had collected during the ages. On each side of the books were a set of candle holders in the shape of a dragon eating a skull. The candles were black and burned a blue flame. A large portrait hung over the mantle, a spitting image of Aluc himself dressed in 1800’s clothes. A date down in the right hand corner read May 18, 1897. The Aluc in the painting smiled devilishly with gleaming red eyes. The background was a mash of black and dark red, adding a creepy feel to the overall piece. Aluc gave it a glance and frowned, he himself knowing every flaw with it.
LIAM!! TERRA!!!!”
Suddenly before him and elderly couple that looked to be about in their late 50’s stood before him. The woman, Terra Sethridge, smiled at him warmly
“Welcome back master Aluc. I trust we have kept the place to your liking?”
Her voice had a slight British accent, somewhere up north and proper. Perhaps London
“Yes, yes, it is quite…” he threw a glance at the painting “Well kept”
Liam looked inquisitively to the blood covered girl
“Oh this, this is what I want you to take care of.”
He placed the small girl in Terra’s arms
“Please see to it that she is cleaned up and that she gets some decent clothes.”
Terra nodded but frowned when she saw the bite mark
“Sire, you do know what happens when someone like you bites a child?”
“Of course, but what was I to do?” Aluc took a few steps towards the fireplace “She was dying and I had little time”
“I just wanted to make sure you knew of the repercussions”
“Yes I am well aware”
Terra nodded as she walked for the stairs. Aluc sat on the couch and Liam stood by the arm.
“Liam, have you… shifted The Book’s location?”
“Of course milord. It's is tucked away in the safe behind…”
The old man’s voice was thick with a British accent, much deeper than his wife’s
Aluc waved his hand
“Don't tell me, I can't know for I fear that I will go a tear it to shreds.”
“Yes milord”
They sat in silence. The more Aluc stared at the painting the more he frowned
“If you do not wish it to be placed there then I will remove it. Staring at it will not get the job done.”
But Aluc smiled as he stared at the picture. A few moments later it rose off the wall with nothing holding it.
“And you said just staring at it won't get it down?”
Liam laughed as the painting replaced itself on the wall.
“You too old geezers have taken good care of the place.”
“What do you expect from wolves with too much time on our hands?”
Aluc nodded
“What have you heard from the counsel?”
“Which one?”
“Helsing”
“Liam’s breath hitched
“They’re still searching for… Dracula and Alucard. Pretty much they're running in circles.”
Aluc laughed a booming sound, shaking the candles
“Woo! I've got them good! They’ve been running around like chickens with their heads cute off for 100 and 3 years… sheeew I'm great. How about The Colors?”
“The same, they don't like how you’ve stopped coming around. From what I hear, someone is planning on a take over.”
“That’d be fun. I am after all the great Vampire King and the greatest hunter in the world”
Sign up to rate and review this story