Categories > Original > Drama > All Those Unfinished

Mercy

by SylarGrimm 0 reviews

I dont even remember writing this to tell you the truth.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-05-28 - Updated: 2012-05-29 - 266 words

0Unrated
The creak of the purple carpeted stairs reminded me of how lonely it was in this house with no parents but a drunk. The walls were a fake wood paneling with stains that weren’t always things you wanted to touch. Pictures of my dead parents hung on the walls; pictures of the life we had before the accident. Reaching the bottom the carpet turned into a dull brown with lord knows what smeared into it. Each step made the house groan as if I weighed a hundred pounds over my already 110. Being 5’8 I was taller than Justin Beiber, not that I cared about the 13 year old girl that he was. It’s just good to know who’s shorter than you so you can use it to boost your own self image. Having no siblings I could compare too, Justin Beiber was the shortest famous boy I knew.
“Mercy!!”
I cringed at the slurred voice coming from the hall.
“Yes sir?”
Sir, or my uncle, was a veteran who earned a purple heart for shooting himself in the foot within the first week of serves. Driven by guilt I didn't want to know, he decided to drink away his days. He didn't beat me, he just stayed in his room and lived off the system while my parent’s house wasted away to ruin.
“Where are you goin' girl?”
“School sir”
“You still in school?”
“Yes sir”
“When are you goin' ta move out?”
“Soon sir”
And I meant it. I had no job yet but as soon as I possible could I was gone.
Sign up to rate and review this story