Categories > Original > Drama > All Those Unfinished

Anything You Wanted

by SylarGrimm 0 reviews

Wrote this after a bad day on the bus and i needed a friend. this girl gets what she wishes for and does anything to keep him

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-05-28 - Updated: 2012-05-29 - 739 words

0Unrated
If you could have anything you wanted, anything at all, what would it be? A million dollar? Or maybe a million dollars a day? I was asked this question on the day I got in a car accident. Actually it was a bus accident. I was sitting in the back of my school bus, being bullied as always, and without a friend. The highway buzzed by in a blur as taunts and laughter filled my ears even though I had head phones in. The taunts were the usual run down, too cliché to even repeat. But when I heard the screams of terror and the crushing of the whole back of the bus the taunts seemed like nothing. In almost slow-mo I shoved my iPod into my purse just as my head was slammed against the seat in front of me.
The bus spun outta control and I blacked out till the bus was completely stopped and I could hear sirens. My head was fuzzy but I was unharmed. The people around me were not so lucky. A boy, the boy who always led the attacks on me, was lying unconscious beside me. With sluggish movements I forced myself up and I pressed open the fire escape. The bus was on its side so it was easy to open the hatch. Without any thought I grabbed the boy and shoved him out of the whole. I grabbed anyone around me I could and kept shoving them out the hole. Eventually I had everyone from the back, every single bully I hated, out of the now on fire bus. I myself scrambled out, dragging my book bag with me. I lay on the concrete and faded in and out of my life.
Next thing I knew I was staring at a white washed ceiling and I could hear a woman talking about me.
“Though she had bad damage to her head that would put a normal person into a coma but she managed to stay awake and, not only that, she saved everyone from the entire back of the bus by herself. It’s a miraculous thing that she's even still alive. You should be proud”
By the last statement I knew she was talking to my mother and that I was in a hospital room.
My mother shuffled into the room tears down her cheeks as she stood by my bed.
“How are you feeling squirrelly girl?”
I smiled at my nickname and shrugged
“Awesome I guess.”
She smiled but someone standing in the doorway made her frown.
“The nurse would like to run things with you. I’ll be right outside ok?”
I nodded as my mother disappeared and a new woman stepped into the room. I was so tired her face just seemed like a blur as she sat in the chair by my head.
“Hello Sam, my name is Rebecca. You did something no one else would do. You saved the boys and girls who picked on you. You dragged them out of the bus even though you were hurt. I'm not here to ask you why, I'm here to ask you what you want”
“What?”
My green eyes stared at the woman in confusion
“If you could have anything in this world, reasonable or unreasonable, what would it be? Think long and hard Sam. And it has to affect you. So nothing like world peace or jobs for everyone in the world. So what’ll be?”
I smiled and giggled and without little thought I answered. I knew exactly what I wanted.
“I want a friend that’s a boy that will defend me, protect me, be with me, and be awesome, suave, tall, and handsome. I want him to take me on grand adventures, and he's in all my classes and rides my bus. I want a best friend and an adventure to come with him”
The woman smiled pity in her eyes
“That is the most heart felt wish anyone has ever asked of me. You’ve been thinking of that wish long and hard haven’t you?”
I nodded
“I've wanted that certain friend for some time now. And if you can make him I’d be so happy to have ‘em”
“Then you shall have him. Is he truly what you want?”
I smiled
“Without a doubt”
“Then it’s done sweetie”
She touched my hand and I suddenly blacked out.
Sign up to rate and review this story