Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Something Good Can Work

Waking Up in a Hospital Bed

by wayuphighify 0 reviews

I’m scared to wake up; not going to lie to myself, whoever is in the room with me will have a lot to say. ('Fraid to say this is the last chapter)

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-06-03 - Updated: 2012-06-03 - 882 words - Complete

0Unrated
I hear a steady beeping as I awake, keeping my eyes shut and closed from the pain that overwhelms me. I’m scared to wake up; not going to lie to myself, whoever is in the room with me will have a lot to say.

I let one eye open after the other, my blurred vision later focusing on two dark haired people, sitting in the chairs in front of my bed.

Ryan stands up from his chair and moves over to me, looking at me curiously. Haley puts her hand over her mouth in surprise.

“Spence?” Ryan says, moving in closer for me to speak to him.

“Hey,” My voice cracks from not speaking for a while as I wince in pain. “Fuuuckk.”

Haley reaches out to grab my hand, standing on the other side. I try to tighten my grip but it’s almost impossible. “Spencer…this… it’s- it’s my entire fault you got hurt. I- I’m sorry.”

I attempt to shake my head but a sharp pain comes to my neck. “No. I’m a dumbass who picked a fight with him.”

“Careful of your neck, that asshole got that knife in there.” Ryan points. There is protective padding along the left side of my neck, and some along my right arm. “They caught him though. He’s got a shit tone of jail time to do.”

“Will I be okay?”

“Eh, you’ll live… barely.” My eyes widen, “Dude, you’ll be fine.”

I flip Ryan off, looking at Haley whose eyes are red and puffy. “It’s not your fault, stop crying.”

She nods quietly, stroking my cheek with her hand. “I thought you were going to die.”

“Your lack of confidence in me is a tad rude.”

“Spencer,” She says, cracking a smile. “I missed you.” I open my arms to hug her as she leans in, kissing her cheek lightly as her smile grows wider. I hear Ryan scoff in annoyance.

“Where’s Brendon?”

“I’ll get him,” Ryan hesitates, stepping out of the room and coming back in, Brendon behind him gripping his hand tightly.

“Hey.” Brendon whispers quietly. “Can I talk to Spencer alone?” Haley and Ryan nod, both moving out of the room and closing the door. I get somewhat scared by the tone of Brendon’s voice. I never hear him sounding serious but lately it’s been coming up more often.

Brendon stands next to me, looking down at nothing in particular.

I thought you were going to die,” Brendon breaths, “that the last words I ever said to you was me yelling at you.”

“It’s alri-“

“No it isn’t. Ryan explained to me what happened- it’s just… it’s confusing.”

“Yeah.” I agree, taking a deep breath.

“I don’t particularly 'love' Haley right now. And... you love her again. She made it damn clear that she loves you.”

“I do love her. And Ryan doesn’t really either. Everything will be fine.” I pat Brendon’s shoulder as he grins.

“We’ll make it work, we always do.”

"Brendon?" He meets my eyes. "Thanks."

"For what?"

"You were right. You had to deal with me when I fell apart and brought me back. I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for you."

"Somebody had to do it, you know." He shrugs, "Sorry for being a little bitch."

I smile as I hear a knock on the door, Dallon and Ian standing there quietly as Brendon motions them in.

"HOLY SHIT." Ian says, eyes wide. "Why have we been so out of it lately? Did you guys for get about us?"

"So Brendon? You really ARE gay? Wow I thought we were just having fun." Dallon winks, joking.

"Well a ton has been going on." I interrupt, "I got my ass kicked."

"Obviously. That's what you get for being such a softy."

"You know Ian, you're an ass." Dallon laughs, shoving him lightly but just enough to make the small man stumble. The room fills with laughter from his unsteadiness.

After small talk Dallon, Brendon, and Ian leave so I can change into regular clothes Haley brought, leaving the hospital at a slow pace and getting in the car. The car is filled with Ryan, Brendon, Haley and I all listening to random songs on the radio, Brendon and Ryan singing at the top of their lungs making Haley laugh.

Everything will be okay now, there is no more harms to us unless someone drinks too much. Which is probably what Ryan's going to do.

Brendon and Ryan slowly warm up to Haley's presence, laughing and enjoying their time together.

We head to Brendon (and Ryan's) house and sit around with our drinks and watching various movies until Haley falls asleep next to me, her head resting on my shoulder. Her body is warm making it comfortable for her to be with me.

"Hey Spence?" Brendon says with Ryan next to him, "I like this. I like her. This can work."


--

A/N Oh lord, sorry this is the shortest chapter I have ever written. But honestly, I couldn't wait for it to be over. (Literally the most stressful story line I have ever worked with). Had a good run, I guess?
Sign up to rate and review this story