Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Something Good Can Work

Diamonds and Gold

by wayuphighify 1 review

You were like a one thousand piece puzzle that we put back together, but we didn’t actually need to.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-05-20 - Updated: 2012-05-20 - 1699 words - Complete

0Unrated
I look right at Haley, my eyes staring right into her big brown ones; she has let the words rolled off her tongue with complete seriousness, her voice lacking any edge or regret in what she has just said.

I don’t know what to respond. I don’t know what to feel. Everything she has put me though. “You put me through hell,” I say. I try not to sound like a bitch but it isn’t exactly easy. All the drinking, the drugs, and the poor friends who had to put me back together, it’s all because of what she did.

“I tried talking to you every time I had the chance. I think I’m going to go… I- um... forget this conversation ever happened.” She looks away and stands up slowly.

“No,” I stand up with her, she jumps at the sharp sound of my voice. I feel bad for her for the first time today all of the sudden, even though I promised myself I wouldn’t. I stand closely to her, whatever tense feeling slowly faded as I stayed there. Her small frame is looking vulnerable as ever as I trace my thumb lightly around her cheek, observing her eye carefully.

“Where do you have to go... where you know he wouldn’t be?”

She continues not to move, her eyes drawn low as she refrains from saying a word. “Exactly, come on, let’s fix your eye.” She follows me into the kitchen, sitting on the stool, keeping quiet as she quietly picks at the skin surrounding her nails, a habit that comes up when she is uncomfortable.

I get ice pack and stand next to her, me lightly putting the ice on the swollen eye. She flinches at the feeling at first but relaxes.

“Remember the time when you hit yourself in the face with the drum sticks and you needed ice on your face?” She says quietly, a small one-sided grin on her face.

I laugh, “Yeah, you did the same thing that I’m doing now.”

She takes the ice pack herself, her fingers brush against mine. I keep my hand resting against the back of her neck, “You know everything will be fine though, right?”

“Yeah.” She nods slowly.

--

Brendon welcomes himself into the house, jaw dropping at the sight of Haley sleeping on the couch.

“What the actual fucking fuck?!” His eyes burst open as he lowly whispers. “Spencer!”

“Ugh,” I say, grabbing him by the arm and taking him outside on the porch.

“How… what? I-“ His eyes are big and open, Ryan walks up on the porch with his car keys in his hand and a blank expression.

“Let me explain,” I say, holding him back from speaking again.

“You son of a bitch.” Brendon comments sharply.

“What’s going on?” Ryan says.

“Haley came over- now don’t talk, let me explain,” I say looking at Brendon, “This whole thing… wasn’t her. That man is abusive… her made her do all those things she did to me and he is hurting her.” I pull out the note from my pocket to show to Brendon and Ryan.

“You still welcomed her into your home. You let her in and she’ll just break your heart again.” Brendon snaps, taking a few steps back. “Everything Ryan and I have done for you and apparently it’s all a lie? You were like a one thousand piece puzzle that we put back together, but we didn’t actually need to! You… you would’ve been fine!” He speaks quickly with purpose, eyes burning with anger. He then walks in the direction to his house, even though his car is in my driveway and Ryan has the keys.

“Brendon, get back here! I don’t think he finished the story?” He says in a questioning tone as he tries to get him to come back. “Bren!”

He doesn’t come back, just keeps walking swiftly to his house. Ryan turns and looks at me. “Go on,” He encourages.

“Well, she went out with Sarah to a club, and the guy was being nice, in a friendly way or something. Then he turned into a stalker and made her be with him… he threatened her.”

“Ouch. So she’s on your couch because…?”

“The only place she has to go to is her house which has been inhabited by that scumbag.”

“Nice choice in vocabulary.” He cracks a smile.

“Thanks.”

--

Haley wakes up eventually as I make homemade pizza, realizing my mom gave me dough when I left her place. I’m not the best cook but putting sauce, cheese, and other things isn’t exactly rocket science.

“Good morning,” I say, in a joking manor. “You were out for quite a while.”

“How long?” She asks, rubbing her left eye and wincing in pain, forgetting it’s bruised. I give her an icepack from the fridge.

“Four hours give or take, you must’ve been exhausted.”

She shrugs and comes to watch me make the pizza.

“Spencer you need to make it thinner.” She says, a smile coming onto her face as she lets out a small laugh, making me smile too. Seeing her happy is different. I let her take care of the dough and I get to put the sauce, cheese, peppers, and pepperoni. It was her call on how long to put the pizza in the oven for; she knows the oven better than I do.

I look at her dark brown eyes and dark hair, she notices me looking and covers her face. “I do not look good right now,” I shrug, she’s still the same Haley. She still doesn’t have great self esteem from when her sisters where around, and she feels guilty and uncertain when she’s company.

“No, you look beautiful,” I say, inching closer to her so I could feel her breath. She moves in to rest her head in the crook of my neck, leaning against me as I wrap my arms around her and run my hands through her hair. “You know everything will be fine, right? You’ll be fine.” I assure her, feeling her tense body relax once again. “We’ll be fine.”

“I hope so. But Spencer,” she breaths, “I need to go back. He’s going to come for you… he’ll know I’m here. I think he’s killed people.” That makes me slightly tense up.

“I’m not allowing you to go. We’re fine. It’ll be just like old times okay?” I say reassuringly.
I feel her nod against my chest.

--

I wake up to a loud banging on my door, along with the door bell. Haley jumps at the sudden noise, as do I.

“Don’t… it’s him.” She panics, keeping me from getting off the bed.

“I have to. This is going to happen now. Call the police over here, explain what he’s done.” I get up and head downstairs, opening the door.

I am scared shitless, but now isn’t the time.

She was right. It is him.

I open the door, a man who is practically equal height to me stands angrily.

“Is Haley here?” He says, voice sharp.

“Well that is none of your business anymore, I’m afraid. If I were you I would get used to the fact you will never see her again.”

“Oh yes I will, she is my fiancée, and if you have not noticed Smith, she doesn’t love you. She loves me.”

“Well it’s your word against hers, and she has different opinions.”

“She’s lying.”

“I’ve known her for too long to know whether she is lying or not.”

“Well that doesn’t matter, you see, it’s either she marries me, or she loses her life.” My heart skips a beat but my expression remains to stay the same.

“Why the hell would you kill someone if you loved her?” The man’s stupidity leaves me confused.

“I don’t love her, but she is mine. She is the person I need, you see, I need her. She is the one I come to.”

“Her eye kind of shows that.”

“That- ugh.” The man says as he presses his teeth together, glaring at me. “You son of a bitch.” The man raises his hand and grabs my neck, pushing me up against the wall and cutting off my airways. His tight grasp makes it difficult to breath.

“Let him go!” Haley says at the top of the stairs. But the man does not let go, but pulls out a blade making me freak out. I decide to stay silent considering I can’t speak anyway.

“You are the reason she won’t be with me,” the man stares right into my eyes; I have to keep myself from letting tears break through. I try to gasp for air but his grip is too tight. “If you’re gone-“

“I wouldn’t have been with you anyway! Let him go! Please.” Haley begs, I hear her voice somewhere near.

I try to fight back, throwing my arms around his neck but he cuts my arm with his blade. A deep cut that will leave a scar begins to bleed as Haley screams. It doesn’t stop me from fighting back, using my legs to kick him, making his grip loosen lightly, but then come back ten times tighter. I can no longer fight back and I struggle to breath as my arms drop to my sides.
Where the hell are the police?

“LET HIM GO,” Haley yells, begging. “p-please.” I hear her stutter, sounding as if she is crying. “Spencer.”

A small cut is taken to my neck, making me surrender.

I am overwhelmed by blackness that surrounds me.

--
A/N Hello! I'm afraid we will be coming to a close soon with this part of the fic. Wait parts? YES! I'm going to continue on into Ryan and Brendon's POV being that I have plenty ideas for them (and I love Ryden!)
Sign up to rate and review this story