Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Commit This to Memory

Stash

by XxLiveyourlifExX 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-06-05 - Updated: 2012-06-06 - 1245 words

0Unrated
A/N: Abbie, Hannah, Izzy, Razor, Jinx: GUYS! GUYS! GUYS! You won't believe it. They let me graduate! I know. Shocking. Sorry I've been gone for so long, but between finals, grad, and moving home, I haven't had a lot of time. BUT nowwwwww things have calmed down and I should be able to write more. Thank you sooooooo much for reading and reviewing (sometimes more than once) I love you all for that. Thank you! Ok. READ!

Stash

Braelyn and Mikey shared a glance before going into action. Mikey went to pay the bartender while she tried to quiet Gerard.

“You two need a couple name. Like Bradgelina.” Gerard was still practically shouted.

“Hush,” Braelyn said.

“Braley! Or-wait for it-Miclyn!” He looked very pleased with himself. “Ya. Miclyn. I like that.”

“Come on, Gee,” she said, rolling her eyes, but keeping a smile on her face. “Let’s go.”

“I don’t wanna.”

Mikey had returned. “Come on big brother, we have to go upstairs. Ok?”

“But I’m having fun here!” He was acting like a petulant 4-year-old.

“Seriously, Gerard. Get up.” Mikey pulled him off of the stool and began leading him back towards the elevator. Braelyn grabbed Gerard’s phone off the bar and followed.

The doors slid shut just after Braelyn got into the elevator. Only after they began moving up did Mikey let go of Gerard. He promptly slid to the floor, slumped over. Mikey shook his head at his brother on the floor. When they reached their floor, Braelyn helped heave Gerard off the elevator and down the hall.

Braelyn left the room as soon as Gerard was seated on his bed, sensing that some quality brother time was needed.

“I’m in trouble, aren’t I?” The voice Braelyn heard on her way out of the room was Gerard’s.

Mikey sighed. “I think so.”

Braelyn left them alone and went to sit on the couch. By the time Mikey appeared from the bedroom, she was laying down, almost dozing.

“He’s asleep.”

Braelyn looked up at Mikey. She sat up for a second so Mikey could sit down before laying her head in his lap. “At least he said sorry.”

“Ya. But he won’t go get help in the middle of tour.” His hands tangled in her hair.

“Well we can help, right?” Braelyn asked. “Like get rid of all the booze and make sure someone’s always hanging out with him so he doesn’t sneak off to the bar?”

Mikey nodded. “But we probably shouldn’t tell the others. If Topher finds out, he has to tell the record company. And they won’t be happy. I don’t think the band can take another blow.”

“Ok. We can clear out the bus later tonight? After Gerard is in bed and the others are out or whatever?”

“Sounds like a plan.”

They decided to stay there until Gerard got up. Mikey watched television. Despite her lack of sleep, Braelyn wasn’t sleeping. She’d drift off for a little bit, but then subconsciously wake herself up, knowing what she’d experience if she actually fell asleep.

When Gerard appeared later, he looked contrite, as he should. Braelyn sat up to make room for him on the couch.

“I’m sorry.”

“We know,” Mikey replied. Braelyn nodded.

“I don’t know what to do.”

Mikey looked to Braelyn who said, “Mikey and I are going to help.”

“And the others?” Gerard gave a worried look to his brother.

“Well, this has only been happening for a couple of days, right?” Gerard nodded at Mikey’s question. “Since the only mishap so far was you missing the interview, I don’t think there’s any reason to alert the others. We’re going to get rid of all the booze on the bus, Frankie and Ray will just think we forgot to buy beer. And Braelyn and I are always willing to hang out with you to keep you out of trouble.”

“And,” Braelyn spoke, grabbing one of Gerard’s hands, “I know it’s not really my place, but I think maybe you should see someone about this whole thing when we’re done with tour.”

“I agree,” Mikey said. Gerard nodded and squeezed her hand.

“So we have to clean the bus out. Do you want Mikey to stay here with you or do you want me to?” Braelyn asked.

“I’ll stay.” The three on the couch jumped at the new voice in the suite. They turned to see Ray. “Sorry. I knew something weird was up when we couldn’t find you this morning. Don’t worry, I won’t tell.”

When Gerard nodded, Braelyn and Mikey got up to go downstairs. On the bus, Mikey mostly held the trash bag open for Braelyn while she found the few bottles of liquor she’d seen anyone with. Mikey was emptying the fridge of the leftover beer and Braelyn was standing on the counter going through the cupboards. It was there that she found four empty bottles of vodka.

“Um,” there was concern in her voice. “Either Gerard can put away a lot of liquor at once or I think this may have been going on for longer than we thought.”

“Ya. Well, if it’s anything like last time, it wouldn’t be unusual for him to go through four in two days.”

Braelyn nodded before going into the bunkroom. She found Gerard’s stash. Between the unused storage cabinet and the cupboard behind the mirror in the bathroom, she had found enough full bottles for the next couple of days.

They toted the full bag to a nearby Dumpster. Mikey asked her, “How did you know where all that would be?”

“Remember my crazy parents?” Mikey nodded. “Well they didn’t just all of a sudden go nuts. Daddy had a drinking problem for as long as I can remember. I think we held something like ten interventions for him in eight years. When that didn’t work, Will and I would do a sweep of the house once a week to find the booze. I got really good at finding it.”

Mikey was quiet as Braelyn tossed the bag into the trash. When she turned around to face him, she raised her eyebrows at him. “None of that. I am not someone to be pitied. This just isn’t my first rodeo.”

“Ok.” Mikey put an arm around her and they walked back into their hotel.

Back upstairs with Gerard, they all decided they were hungry.

“We should ask Chels and Frankie before we decide,” Braelyn said. She left and returned a few minutes later. “Apparently they have their own dinner plans. They’re going out. Alonnnnnne,” she said drawing the word out like a middle schooler giggling at the first kids who decide to be a couple.

“I think normal people call that dating,” Ray said mockingly.

She stuck her tongue out at him. Mikey and Ray went to go find food.

“Thanks for everything, Brae.”

“No problem.” She smiled brightly at Gerard, reclining on the couch.

“Are you sure you don’t mind?”

“Nah. Besides, the crazy and addictive personality thing runs in my family. It probably won’t hurt me to stay sober for a while.”

“You’re the best.”

“You keep telling me that.”

A/N: I hope you like. Now go review! Hearts, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story