Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Commit This to Memory

Elephants and Distractions

by XxLiveyourlifExX 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2012-06-07 - Updated: 2012-06-07 - 1549 words

0Unrated
A/N: More for youuuuuu! Thanks Izzy and Abbie for your prompt reviews. MAD LOVE.

Elephants and Distractions

They ate and spent the rest of the night there. The boys had fallen asleep somewhere around midnight. Braelyn continued watching television until 2 AM when she woke the boys up and shooed them to bed. When she and Mikey returned to their suite all the lights were out, Frankie and Chelsea were still out.

Braelyn made the excuse that she needed to take a shower to avoid going to bed. By the time she finished and was changed, towel drying her hair, she heard a knock at the suite door. She was a little suspicious. Maybe Frankie and Chelsea were to drunk to find their keys? She looked through the peephole before unlocking the door, just to be safe.

It was Gerard.

Braelyn opened the door to let him in. “Hey, Gee, what’s up?”

“Couldn’t fall back asleep,” he muttered.

“No worries. I’m up.” Braelyn bounced on the couch cushions cheerfully, sensing Gerard needed a little bit of optimism. “What do you want to do?”

Gerard shrugged.

Braelyn racked her brain for something fun. They had pretty much exhausted the television/movie option. The only things open in Vegas at this time of nights were gambling and bars, two things they should avoid. Then it dawned on her. “Internet!”

“What?”

“Let’s make videos for the internet.” When Gerard looked at her skeptically, she enthusiastically replied, “Oh come on. You love doing crazy shit. Let’s find Chels’ video camera and go have adventures.”

Gerard’s skepticism slowly turned to a grin. “Bring it on.”

Braelyn clapped her hands and hopped up. She ran to Chels’ room and found the camera. She left Chels a note so the other girl wouldn’t think that she lost the camera or that it had been stolen.

Back in the living room with Gerard, he said, “Let’s do introductions. Then I want to go ride the gondolas.”

“Sounds like a plan.”

Now it was 10AM. Gerard was sprawled on one of the couches asleep. Braelyn sat with Chelsea’s laptop editing the 5 hours of video they had taken the night before.

“Hey.” Mikey walked into the room. He kissed the top of her head. “You never came to bed.”

“Your brother and I went on an adventure.” She smiled up at him.

He came to sit next to her. “Tell me about it.”

“Better yet, I’ll show you.” She kicked at Gerard to wake him. “Yo. I finished it.”

Gerard wiped the sleep out of his eyes before grinning. “Word. Let’s see.”

He sat on the other side of her. Braelyn pressed play.

On screen, Gerard and Braelyn materialized sitting on the floor of an elevator.

Laughing, Braelyn said, “I’m Gerard Way.”

Completely straight-faced, Gerard said, “And I’m Braelyn Porter. And this is Jack Ass.”

“Nope,” Braelyn said, still giggling. “I’m pretty sure that’s copyright infringement.”

Gerard started laughing too. Over their faces, writing appeared saying ‘Gee and Brae: Adventure Night 1.’

The rest of the video featured Gerard taking the oars and hat from the gondola captain and proceeding to serenade him, and then other people who got on the boat. Then they were riding a rollercoaster. Gerard had somehow gotten a hold of a giant purple elephant stuffed animal that they named George, so there was a whole sequence of George doing normal people things. George goes go-cart racing, George gets a new room key from the front desk, George drinks coffee at 5 AM, and George tries to redeem his valet ticket. The last shot was of Braelyn standing on the top of the fountain of the pool with George under one arm and her other arm extended as the sun rose behind her. ‘The End’ in curly script came on screen and the video was over.

Mikey was looking at Gerard and Braelyn now who were shrieking in hysteria. When they calmed down a bit, Gerard asked, “What about the ‘George is a super famous performer‘ bit?”

“I thought we’d save it for a while. It was really long. I think we should do more of ‘George is a person’ things.”

Gerard nodded. “Where are you posting that?”

“I have no idea. Make a random YouTube channel? Put it on one of ours? Tweet it to the masses?”

“Random YouTube,” Gerard said. “Then later today we can tweet something like, ‘Found a hysterical video.’ Like we didn’t even do it.”

“You like yourself a lot, don’t you?” Braelyn said, laughing.

“Damn straight. I am awesome.”

“Look what you’ve done now,” Mikey said, rolling his eyes at his older brother. “Great video though.”

Braelyn turned her smile toward him. “Thanks.”

She spent the next little while making a YouTube account with Gerard’s help and posting the video. Then Gerard said he was going to go back to bed. He left and Braelyn put the computer on the coffee table in front of her then leaned back into Mikey.

“Looks like you had fun,” he said, squeezing her in a one armed hug.

“Ya. We ran around for hoursssss.” Then she tilted her head to look at him. “Sorry we didn’t wake you up. You were pretty tired…”

“Don’t worry about it.”

She smiled and put her head back on his shoulder. “So what do we have to do today?”

“Nothing as far as I know. You should probably get some rest, though.”

“Nah. I just need an energy drink and then I’m good to go. I think Frankie wanted to do a bungee jump thing.”

“HELL YES I DO!” Frankie yelled, coming into the room.

“Shut up,” Chelsea said from behind him, “It’s too early for you to be crazy.”

“It’s never to early for him to be crazy,” Mikey remarked dryly.

“Besides we should go now, before the line gets long,” Frankie was practically begging, now.

“Go ask Ray, Gerard and Topher,” Chelsea instructed.

“Gerard just went to bed,” Braelyn said.

“He won’t do it anyway. Neither will Ray,” Frankie said.

When Braelyn and Chelsea looked questioningly at the two boys, Mikey explained, “They’re both afraid of heights.”

“I’ll go ask Topher anyway.” Frankie rushed out of the room.

“What does one where to go bungee jumping?” Chelsea asked.

“I have no idea,” Braelyn replied. “Let’s go see what we can come up with?”

Chelsea grabbed Braelyn’s hand and pulled her off the couch. Braelyn was digging through her bag. She vaguely recalled packing a pair of neon athletic shorts that she wanted to wear. Finally finding them she heard Chelsea call from her room, “Where’s the camera, love? We should probably film this.”

“In the living room,” Braelyn called back.

Chelsea appeared in Braelyn’s doorway a moment later. “What were you using it for? Also can I borrow something?”

Braelyn found another pair of shorts, not as neon but they would suffice, and tossed them to Chelsea, saying, “Gerard and I filmed some shenanigans last night. No big deal, I hope.”

“Mi camera es su camera.”

Braelyn laughed as Chelsea left, then changed. By the time they made it back to the living room, the others, including Topher, were ready to go. On the way Braelyn stopped at a convenience store to pick up her favorite source of Taurine, Red Amp. She had guzzled all of it before they finished the ten minute walk to wherever it was that Frankie was leading them.

They were at some hotel that had a tower on the top of it that you could literally jump off of. After signing releases, they took turns being strapped in and falling for what felt like ever. Frankie went first, not a moment’s hesitation.

“Syanora,” he said before falling of the platform backwards and screaming the whole way down.

Topher went next. He only needed a bit of encouragement from the ride operator before he went over the edge. Then it was Chelsea’s turn. One of the staff members there had taken her camera and ran it down to Frankie so he could keep filming. Then she had a full-scale freak out.

“No no no. It’s too high. No.”

“You can do it, Chels!” Braelyn shouted from the holding area ten feet away.

“Everyone else is fine,” Mikey pointed out. “It’s perfectly safe.”

The operator consoled Chelsea before beginning a countdown from ten. When he reached 3, Braelyn shouted out again, “You got it Chels.”

Chelsea let herself fall backwards, and she was gone.

“Who’s next?” The operator asked, coming over to Mikey and Braelyn.

“Ladies first,” Mikey said, bowing mockingly.

“So chivalrous.” Braelyn followed the operator over and continued to talk to Mikey as the man strapped her in. “This is crazy.”

“You’ll be fine.”

“Oh I know. I’m not scurrrred.”

“Ready, miss?” The operator had finished all the safety checks.

“You bet. Can I just jump?”

“Absolutely.”

Braelyn blew Mikey a kiss before shouting, “See ya on the other side!”

She threw herself into the bright blue Nevada sky, screaming.

A/N: Some fun and shenanigans. Hope ya like. Go review. Hearts, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story