Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > From Secrets And A Scarlet Sky...

Best Friends... Or Not?

by BleedingValentine 5 reviews

A sad story and the consequences it has today.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-06-10 - Updated: 2012-06-10 - 1435 words - Complete

5Exciting
Here's the next chapter! I'm sorry it took a while, I've been working on lots of different stuff. I got a haircut today. I'm dying it red and black (like Frank's revenge era hair) tomorrow. https://twitter.com/BurntValentine/status/211892256993587201/photo/1 you like? Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

Chapter 8; Best Friends... Or Not?


Mikey brushed his hair over his eyes for the hundredth time, trying to figure out what way his fringe should go. Gerard sighed from where he sat in the same room behind him.

“Does it really matter, Mikey? You look fine!” he said. Mikey sighed and frowned.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes! Jesus, kid, stop fussing.”

“Alright, father!” said Mikey, rolling his eyes.

“Just... have a good time, okay? Tell me if she’s a cow, won’t you?” he said. Mikey nodded.

“Okay.” He turned and put his hands in his pockets. “Wish me luck?”

“I wish you all the luck on this world, you’ll need it with Dana,” said Gerard. Mikey chuckled.

“I better be going.”

“Mikey? Try not to die.”

“I’ll do my best,” he said, walking outside.

Dana was sitting on the bench up the hill waiting for him. She actually looked quiet pretty in a knee-length red dress and black cardigan, and she didn’t have her customary glare on her face as Mikey arrived.

“Hey,” she said, standing up. Mikey smiled.

“You look... um, nice,” he said, awkwardly. Dana smiled and shrugged.

“Thanks. Should we go, then?” she asked. Mikey nodded and they made their way towards the pier where the ferry was.

“I didn’t even know the ferry came here.”

“This isn’t the one you guys came on. It goes to mainland but not where you guys came from,” said Dana. “It’s where Dad booked the restaurant.”
____________________

They were standing at the bow of the ship on their way to the restaurant. It was quite awkward, because Mikey had spent much of his life listening to how much of a bitch Dana was, so he didn’t quite know how to act now that she was being decent.

“Do you like the stars, Mikey?” asked Dana. Mikey raised his eyebrows.

“I’ve never really payed much attention.”

“They’re actually quite amazing. It’s one of the small number of things I’m good at, astronomy...”

“I’m sure you’re good at a lot of things, you know,” blurted Mikey. Dana smiled.

“You’re kind, Mikey," she said. Mikey frowned.

“What game are you playing, Dana?”

“What do you mean?” Dana looked confused.

“I don’t want you to take offense, but most of the time... well.... to put it bluntly, you’re a cow. And then all of a sudden, you’re here, you’re kind, you’re.... different. What’s going on?” Dana’s smile fell.

“What does it matter?”

“It matters a lot, Dana. Why are you so cruel to Gerard? He’s my brother, he’s never done anything to hurt anyone.” asked Mikey. A the mention of Gerard’s name, Dana’s face fell into an ugly scowl.

“It’s just...”

“Just what, Dana?” Dana shook her head and turned towards so she was leaning on the rails. Mikey sighed and crossed his arms, watching her.

“I lived right next door to Frank when we were little. Believe it or not, we were best friends,” said Dana, the summer sun glittering off the ocean and reflecting in her emerald eyes. “He was such an awesome guy, but he was a bit of a moron! Nothing's changed, really. But then you guys moved in.”

“Across the road, and the next door down,” said Mikey, remembering how his mother had taken them around to all the houses, and how she had introduced them to Frank’s family.

“You were cool. You always have been neat, Mikey. But Gerard came along. He was an arrogant arsehole, even for a guy who was 12. Mikey, I used to be best friends with Frank. Who would you say is his best friend now?” asked Dana.

“Gerard,” said Mikey, without a second thought. The two were inseparable; sometimes it was almost as if they were dating each other. They were in separate years in school, but they’d organized their holiday schedules around each other, studied together, shared absolutely everything. If Frank knew something, so would Gerard. If Gerard did something stupid, Frank would always be by his side.

“Your twat of a brother stole my best friend. He’s a dickhead. I... Mikey, I have trust issues, so when Frank stopped hanging out with me, it hurt. A lot. I couldn’t trust him and I hated the boy that took my best friend away from me,” said Dana, scowling. Mikey was silent. He never knew the full story behind Dana. Of course, he knew that Frank and Dana lived next to each other before the Way family had moved in. He didn’t know how much it had changed them.

“Well... How come you don’t hate me, though? Me, Gerard, Ray and Frank... we’re best mates. I’m in Frank’s year, for crying out loud,” said Mikey. “Why don’t you hate me?”

“Because you aren’t the one person who is permanently by Frank’s side, you didn’t take my best friend. Why do you think I was such a fucking loner in school? Until I moved here and met Tay, I had no one. Not a single friend, Mikey. How would you have felt if some new kid came along and took your best friend away from you?” Mikey said nothing more for the rest of the journey.
___________________

“What do you reckon Dana’s up to?” asked Jenna, sitting down next to Abbie on the beach.

“Does she have to be up to anything?”

“This is Dana we’re talking about. She was a complete dick when I was at school with her and the guys.”

“I don’t know, Jenna. Something’s not quite right,” said Abbie. Jenna raised her eyebrow.

“How do you mean?”

“I mean, it feels weird. I’m not quite sure. But not with Dana, I hate her but I don’t think she’d hurt Mikey.”

“Gerard would rip her head off if she did. So would Ray and Frank,” said Jenna, smiling. “That’s my point! But... I can’t explain, Dana. Something’s not quite right. You know how animals get all nervous before a thunderstorm? Something’s wrong...”

“If you say so....” Jenna frowned. Abbie had been acting strangely for a while. It was like she knew something that everyone else didn’t...


“Dude, not cool!” Gerard spluttered, wiping mud off of his face.

“You look amazing,” said Frank, laughing. Jasmine was hopping around, giggling. Gerard got to his feet, scowling.

“That was not funny!”

“Yeah, it really was,” said Jasmine. Gerard glared, before running up to Frank and tackling his tiny friend to the ground.

“Hey!” he said as Gerard pinned him to the floor and started drawing on Frank’s face with more mud.

“Hey, you’re right, that is actually quite funny!” he said. Frank scowled up at his older friend, but they both burst out laughing before long.

“Oh, shut up,” said Frank, shoving Gerard off him.

“Come on, moron, why are we rolling around in the mud anyway?” asked Gerard, helping Frank to his feet.

“Because now you both look hilarious!” said Jasmine. “Do you want me to help clean it off?” Gerard and Frank looked at each other. By this time, they had both had enough experience of Jasmine’s magical.... ‘abilities’.

“No... we’re okay,” said Gerard.

“We can have a bath together,” said Frank, nudging Gerard and winking. They both giggled.

“If you say so!” said Jasmine, prancing off.

“Are we going to have a bath together?” asked Gerard as Jasmine disappeared.

“If you like,” said Frank. They grinned at each other stupidly. Then, Frank stood on his toes and licked Gerard’s face.

“What the actual fuck?!”

“That’s what best friends are for. Your face tastes nice.”

“My face is muddy.”

“The bit of your face that isn’t muddy tastes nice.”

“Right...” Gerard pretended to back away. “I’m just going to... you know... run.”
`
“Run as fast as you can, my pretty, because Frankie’s coming to get you!” Frank began to chase Gerard back to the forest, where they had started to build Jasmine’s treehouse.

I hope you liked it, guys, sorry or the little wait. Please Rate and Review? xx
Sign up to rate and review this story