Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Best Friends then strangers.

Best Friends then strangers.

by Camisado15 1 review

What will they do without Spencer? What had Ryan done? An exiting Tragedy. Please Rate&Review.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-05-21 - Updated: 2012-05-24 - 1144 words - Complete

0Unrated
Best Friends then strangers.
A/N: This was originally titled 'It was an accident' but i thought this title would suit it better.
It started of as a one-shot but i had an idea for a second part and someone wanted me to carry on. Second part will be on soon. Also check out my other work 'Not you average tragedy' it has nothing to do with this plot. It is quite funny and very light hearted.

Please Review this, please get in touch:-)

The scars on his face. The bruises and cuts oh his body and arms. Lying on the hospital bed, unconscious, I just wanted to hear his voice one more time; I just wanted him to tell me it was going to be ok.
I wanted to tell him how much he meant to me.
I knew that wasn’t going to happen.
I hated hospitals ever since I was a little kid when I got hit by that car I had broken my legs and had stitches in various places.
But this time it was me in front of the car, it was Spencer.
He had been a victim of drink driving.

Ryan looked at me; he was holding back the tears. Jon was shaking in his chair, I didn’t know if he was expressing fear or anger. Or both.

The doctor entered, we all stood up at the same time.

“What’s wrong doctor?” Ryan asked him, trying not to cry. From the expression on the doctor’s face, I didn’t think it was going to be good news.

“There is some internal bleeding; we will have to operate…”

Jon asked the question I knew we were all thinking.

“Will he make it?”

“We can’t tell at this stage, we will have to wait until after the procedure”

The nurses wheeled him into the operating theatre, Ryan couldn’t hold in the tears any longer.

He sat on the ground; I had never seen him in this state before.
Jon went outside to get some air whilst me and Ryan stayed in the room.

“He cant die! What will he tell his parents? I killed him! I killed him Brendon, it’s MY fault he is here, and I should be the one fighting for my life not him! I didn’t think I was over the limit, I had only had two beers, it was an accident!”

“Shhhh… I know you didn’t mean it Ry, calm down, he will be alright”
Ryan, Jon and Spencer were my closest friends, we didn’t really have any friends, I realied on them through everything, now Spencer is I hospital I don’t know what I would do if we lost him. He meant so much to us. He was my best friend.

“HE wont be alright! You heard what the doctor said! He is going to die! He is only nineteen and I killed him!”

“You don’t know that”

“He has been my friend since I can first remember, he stood up for me when I was bullied and he helped me through when my dad died and how did I repay him? I killed him!”

I hugged him tightly, Ryan was right… Spencer was always there when things weren’t going to plan, he cleaned up our mess and helped us through everything, he was our rock. Ryan had got back from a party and jumped in the car thinking he was okay, he wasn’t keeping his eyes on the road and knocked into another car, he only left with a scratch on his head but Spencer ended up here.

“Jon cant even look me in the eyes, what’s going to happen to him! Brendon don’t leave me! Don’t leave me Brendon!”

“You’re my Ryan, im not going to leave you ever!”

I reassured him for about half an hour then Jon entered the room, his eyes were black from the make-up he was wearing and his cheeks tear stained.

“Ryan you have a lot off explaining to do” Jon forced the words out of his mouth with a look of disgust.

“Hey Jon, just give him a mi-“I was interrupted…

“It was an accident, I had had two beers and I still got in the car, I took my eyes of the road and now we are here, I don’t blame you for being mad or hating me.”

Jon walked towards Ryan, not sure if he was going to comfort him or throttle him.
He knelt down and put his hand on Ryan’s shoulder.

“Thank you both, I really don’t deserve you”

We waited for the call, was Spencer going to live or die? Was the surgery over? How long will it take? How will Ryan and Jon react? What will we tell Spencer’s parents if he does die?

So many questions.

The last thing I said to Spencer was ‘Don’t forget the hot dogs’ as he was going to the shop to buy something for dinner. I just wanted to tell him how much he meant to me, to tell him how amazing he is. I just wanted to see his Aqua eyes one more time.


The doctor walked in.

“You can come and see him in the ICU”

Did this mean he is still alive?

The doctor led us in to a big dark room with just one single bed. There were so many machines attached to our lifeless Spencer. He was our Spencer.

“The surgery was successful, but he should have been awake by now.”

The nurse called the doctor to another room.

“I’ll be back soon”
He left.

The heart beat monitor was going slower and slower, his heart rate decreasing.

Hours passed.

I had lost count.

4 maybe 5 and still no Spencer.

We were telling ourselves that it was all going to be ok, we weren’t very confident anymore.

We reminisced all the good times we have had with Spencer, We laughed and cried now we just waited. His skin was pale, two stitched wounds on his forehead and a bruise developing on the side of his face.

The other two had left to get a drink.

I held tightly to Spencer’s hand.

“You probably can’t hear me, its Brendon… Your gonna make it buddy, you’re a fighter. We know you’re strong enough, Ryan didn’t mean it. Just please, please wake up. Please, we love you just wake up..”

A single tear rolled down my cheek, one after the other I began to sob. I got my hands and wrapped them around his. Then I rubbed my fingers through his hair and whipped some make-up off his face.

“Its not over, Come on Spence wake up…”

He squeezed my hand…
Sign up to rate and review this story