Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Best Friends then strangers.

Memories, where did you go?

by Camisado15 1 review

Sorry its late, part two of bestfriends to strangers.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-06-11 - Updated: 2012-06-11 - 2001 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Spencer!” I shouted as he had squeezed my hand.
I kissed him on the forehead then Ryan and Jon walked in. They had rung his parents and they were on there way.

The doctor ran in.

“What’s all the commotion?”

“Spencer is squeezing my hand!” I told the doctor optimistically.

The doctor looked at various numbers from the machines and scribbled them in his chart.

Ryan didn’t know what he was going to do, I felt so sorry for him. I know what Ry is like, he will never forgive himself. He will never be able to look at Spencer the same way knowing what he did to him.

Spencer started to open his eyes. They were crystal blue and sparkling. Me, Ryan, Jon and the doctor were crowding around him waiting for any response. Spencer looked at us in dis belief.

“Where am I? Who are you people? What’s going on?” We were shocked he didn’t remember us.
I turned around and looked at the doctor, my knees were trembling, we were the biggest aspect of his life, we were almost related, How can he not remember us?

“This looks to me as a sign of temporary amnesia, its only temporary so keep trying to jog his memory, with photographs or videos, but don’t over whelm him; he will get it in his own time”
The doctor then left as he was pre occupied.

“Spence? Don’t you know who we are?” Jon asked him shaking and in tears.

“Well, No…”

“I-I have to go for a minute” Ryan left the room to go sit outside.

“Il be there in a se-“He had already left and he couldn’t hear me.

“Where am I? How did I get hear?”

“Spencer, you were in a car accident, you had some bleeding so they had to operate, you have been out for a long time so we didn’t know what was going to happen, and you have amnesia. We are going to help you remember us…” Jon explained to him. Spencer looked at me then saw Ryan pop his head round the door way.

“Then… Who are you 3?”

“We are your closest friends, Im Brendon, the better looking one. That’s Jon, and round the corner in Ryan, he is very fragile so he has gone to get some air and calm down abit… Your parents are on their way as well, do you remember anything Buddy?”

“N-no” He responded, he was so confused.

“My parents?”

“Yeah urm Ryan rang them, they are still in Vegas, and so they might be while.” Jon explained to him, we weren’t sure what was happening.

“Excuse me a minute Spencer, im just going to get Ryan, Jon, just explain things to him…”

I then left the room whilst Jon had explained things in more detail, Before I left Jon looked at me and smiled then whispered in my ear:

“Im not going to tell him Ryan was behind the wheel”

I nodded then left.


Ryan had his head between his knees; he was in such a state crying a river.

“Im here Ryan…Shhhh im here, its going to be okay I promise”

“Its not going to be okay!!!”

He snapped at me I was shocked, speechless.

“Im so sorry Bren, its not your fault its mine…”

“Don’t beat your self up Ry, it will be okay…”

I wrapped my arms around him, him head resting on my shoulder, this felt right, like he was meant to be there. Like he was a jigsaw piece onto my body, it was like he fitted there.

“Come and see him, we have explained things to him…”

“Did you tell him?”

“No, Jon isn’t going to tell him who was behind the wheel, he doesn’t need to know. As long as he is alive, we just need him to remember us before we drop another bombshell…”

I put my hand on his shoulder and handed him a bottle off water.

“Spencer doesn’t deserve what I had done to him, its all too much. Watching my best friend fight for his life while I just sit and watch. I feel so guilty and hopeless.”

“Its okay Ryan, he will forgive you.”


“You don’t know that…”

“I know we don’t, but we know Spencer and we know he isn’t the sort of person to hold a grudge, he is a forgiving person”

We walked into the room with Spencer and Jon in, Ryan turned around to walk back out but I stopped him. He needed to see Spencer.

“Hi Spence”

“Its Ryan right?”

“Yeah im Ryan, we have known each other since we were little kids…”

“Im so sorry I don’t remember you…”

Ryan sat down next to Spencer.

“You have nothing to be sorry for Spencer”

Ryan put his hand on Spencer’s shoulder.

“I just wish I could remember you all, you seem like lovely guys, I feel so stupid…”

“Your not stupid, its not your fault. Your memory will return in time, we will help you get it back.” I reassured Spencer; He smiled at me, his beautiful smile. He was with us and we were never going to let him go again.

“I cant do it! I cant lie to you Spencer! The person that hit you and put you here was me! I was behind the wheel! Blame me! Its my fault! Just don’t beat your self up, it was me…”

Ryan ran out, both me and Jon’s jaws had dropped. We didn’t know he was going to cave that easy.



Spencer started to cry.
Jon ran for tissue and whipped away the tears.

“Don’t cry Spence, Just leave things to us, we will help you, everything is going to be fine…” Jon told Spencer and smiled at him, Spencer smiled back.

“I will sort this out Spencer, Just focus on getting better buddy” After I said that I went to get Ryan.

I couldn’t find him; I had looked down every corridor. I went to the front of the hospital I looked to my left and right and saw him sitting on the curb, head down; all I could hear were load sobbing noises.
I sat next to him, wrapped my arm around his shoulder. He looked at me.

“I messed things up didn’t I? I had my chance and I messed it up”

I hated seeing him like this. We had been here before.

“It just takes time, how about we go back up, you can wait outside and I will talk to Spencer?”

“Yeah just give me a minute…”

I put my arm round his shoulder; I just wanted him to feel better. I wanted to make him feel special. He thought of himself as worthless and a waste of space. He was convinced that’s what other people thought to, but they didn’t.
This was what is so special about Spencer, Ever since they were kids; Spencer always protected Ryan against the bullies, his dad and always tried to cheer him up. When Ryan had a nightmare, Spencer knew what to do. Spencer had all the answers; this is why it broke Ryan’s heart.

After about 10 minutes, we walked back into the hospital, once we got to Spencer’s room, Ryan sat outside and I walked into the room.


“How are you feeling now? Did Jon tell you everything?”

“Yes, he did”

“Can I talk to him? Where is he?”

“He’s just outside, ill get him.”

I told Ryan to come in he walked behind me, I went over to Spencer’s bed and held his hand. I was holding it tight, he was holding it loose. Barely gripping my fingers to his, he still didn’t know who I was. All the times we had spent together, Best friends and now Strangers.

“Ryan?”

“Yes Spencer? Look I don’t blame you if you hate me or you don’t want to know me anymore. If you have blocked me from your memory, I have myself to blame.”

“Come here Ryan…It was a mistake, we all make mistakes…”

Ryan slowly paced towards him, Spencer slowly and painfully wrapped his arms around Ryan giving him a hug. This was step one but this still wasn’t over, it may had been in Spencer’s mind but not in Ryan’s.

“I don’t deserve you Spencer…”

Ryan started to cry and we all comforted him.

“Here Spence, take a look at this” Jon handed him a photo he had in his wallet. This was a rareity. A picture with us all smiling. That was Spencer’s birthday, one of the best days. The picture was Spencer with his arm around Ryan, me and Jon either side smiling at the camera.

Spencer smiled then looked sad.



“This looked like a good day; I just wish I could remember it”

Still nothing, still no memories.

Ryan then showed him a picture projected on his phone; it was him and Spencer age ten.

“We looked so cute and innocent!” Spencer was grinning at the picture on Ryan’s phone.

“That was the day me and you built are own bomb! At your old house, after we set it alight, it crashed then exploded onto the grey power box and just caused a massive fire! The neighbour tried to hose it but it just made the fire bigger! I was running away thinking to whole thing would blow up and you were just starring and laughing! That was a brilliant day!”
Ryan was grinning, Spencer was in hysterics. I and Jon were also giggling. We were trying to jog his memory for about an hour. We had a lot off laughs, then the doctor walked in.

“How we feeling Spencer?” The doctor looked him over and wrote a few notes down in his chart.

“A little better, abit sore and tired but feeling a little better” We all smiled.

“And your memory?”

“I don’t remember anything, I want to remember but I cant, it’s like my life was over before this moment, just blank. What can I do to get it back?”

“Just keep looking at pictures, your friends will help you just to talk about old memories and stuff, it could return in hours, weeks or months, there is no way in telling”

“M-Months?”



“Only in very server cases, but some cases have returned in a few hours, just keep on trying” Then he left.

“This could take months!” Spencer said looking so let down and depressed.

“It’s my fault Spencer, im so sorry” Ryan told him, he looked at Ryan blankly and didn’t respond to the comment.

“Well I will tell you about your life Spencer! I think Brendon and Ryan need a moment to sort some things out”

“Thank you Jon, We will be back soon” Spencer and Jon both nodded at us then we left the room.

We walked in to the empty hospital toilets, and then we talked some things out. Like what to tell his parents, what we can do to help Spencer and sleeping arrangements.

Shortly after we went back into the room, Spencer and Jon both laughing at something funny.

“Things are going to be fine Spencer, things will be back to normal soon.”

We talked till late hours, Spencer had fallen asleep we didn’t want to disturb him. Ryan and Jon had gone home and were going to come back in the morning. His parents got stuck in traffic and had to pull into a motel for the night and they would have to visit in the morning. I stayed by Spencer’s side and I didn’t want to leave him, ever.
I wanted to be there when he waked up and when he falls asleep. I just want him to have his life back.
Sign up to rate and review this story