Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > this is life in the zones.

‘fierce’ image

by frankiero_is_my_hero 2 reviews

not been very good at keeping up your ‘fierce’ image recently have you?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-06-12 - Updated: 2012-06-12 - 1110 words

1Exciting


“Are we going in or not…” destroyah asked me as she poked me on the arm.

I had just been sat there with my head on the steering wheel, the cold much appreciated against my hot forehead.

“Yea…” I said as I pulled my mask back up over my eyes and stepped out into the hot desert.

I reached into my pocket, expecting to find coins (I had given all my notes to show pony…), but instead, my fingers brushed against a piece of paper in my pocket. It was a folded up $50 note, and inside it was another bit of folded up paper that had some writing on it.




I said I didn’t need the money poison… and I knew that you wouldn’t except it so I put it in your pocket anyway! you need it more than I do, you need to feed yourself and your newly found friends. say hi to the others for me though yeh? see ya soon! ~show pony xox




Typical show pony though really! And I was quite relieved that he had given it back to me… we really did need it!

The shop (well actually it was a diner but I’m always going on at ghoul for being pedantic, so a shop will do!) itself was small… and looked as though it had dropped right out of a music video or something! it was one of the very few small businesses that aren’t being controlled by the people at bl/ind, so all the stuff in there looked a lot more appetising than the white cans covered in the black logos, although to be perfectly honest, I could still see a whole shelf in there that was being taken over by the cans.

we had checked with deifying, who had got all of the cans tested back at one of the main bases, situated right in the middle of the zones, and he said that they were all okay, but it would be better to eat other stuff if we could because we are supposed to be the ones that are rebelling against the better living industries, not funding it by buying all their stuff.


Destroyah had already stepped inside, so I followed her swiftly, taking in a deep breath as the cool air hit my skin.

I walked straight over to the shelve that had several spaghetti hoops and baked beans on them.

It was a good thing Ray was good when it came to fire, otherwise we would have either died of starvation or some form of food poisoning from necking tinned soup cold a LONG time ago…

I picked up a basket that had been left on the floor and place ten tins of beans in it. The cashier must be used to people buying in bulk by now… in case she hadn’t noticed, she worked out in the zones and there were a lot of rebels that bl/ind would pay good money to get the exterminators on… and that’s what they did. People had to run for their lives, and never stay in one place for more than three or four days. Do you know how I know this?




Experience.




Then I picked up another couple of cans of chicken soup (two tomato ones for Fra-ghoul though because he was a vegetarian and refused to eat meat…) and then another couple of cans of what ever caught my fancy.


I was walking down to where destroyah was, over by the things in packets and I looked into her basket… and noticed that there was hardly anything in there.

“Destroyah, are you not gonna buy anything else? This is the last time we will be able to stop for abit and none of the other shops have as good a selection as this one does…” I said as I put a few bags of crisps in the basket too.

“Nah, its fine…” she mumbled.

“Here…” I said and I handed her a $10 note I had found under the seats in the Trans am. She looked at it and then took it with a smile.

“Thanks poison, much appreciated!” she said and then hugged me tightly.

“It’s okay destroyah… not been very good at keeping up your ‘fierce’ image recently have you?” I asked her with a wink.

“Hey!” she said batting me gently with her hand. “And you guys are my friends, and I trust you enough that I don’t need my defences up all the time…” she said with a slight smile, but then she turned away and walked towards the cans where I had just come from.

Then some brightly coloured wrappers caught my eyes on the shelf by the paying counter.

Skittles.

I picked up a couple of packs for ghoul knowing how much he loves them, and then a couple of chocolate bars (that didn’t look too melted) for the others.

Once i had paid I brought all four of us a packet of cigarettes and waited outside for destroyah to come back.

I couldn’t quite decide whether the silence was welcoming or not, because despite the fact I had a splitting headache from over thinking the whole situation (I had a tendency to do this actually… apparently it annoyed mi- kobra kid when we toured together the very first time… years ago.) the silence had become too familiar over the time I had been out here, to the point I actually had to sing to myself quietly as I walked over the sand on my own, leaving the others and not letting them know I had even left in the first place, causing a lot of panic and distress.

She came out five minutes later, holding something out for me in her hand.

It was a small pad of paper, with a brightly coloured cover, and also she handed me a pack of pencils, a rubber(or eraser…) and a sharpener.

I took then and then gave her a hug too.

“Thank you so much! You have got no idea how much I have missed being able to draw!” I said as we stepped towards the car, shopping bags in hands.




bada bing! ;D hope you guyses like! i feel like i am kinda making it so they buy too much:S i always wondered where they got the money for stuff for... and were kinda stuck now, as i dont really think many of the rebels had jobs... ahhh please help if you have any ideas or constructive critisism though, and i will definatly improve it;D thankk yoouuu!

-ebony xo








Sign up to rate and review this story