Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Family Reunion

Around the World

by texaswookie 0 reviews

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-06-12 - Updated: 2012-06-13 - 14692 words - Complete

1Exciting
The texaswookie swallows nervously as he looks down at the busy street that is far down below. “So, what did I do wrong this time?”

“What did you do wrong?” A voice practically growled in rage from the shadows. “I’ll tell you what you did wrong, you brought metas into MY CITY!!”

“This is about the fact that I let Metas into your city?” The texaswookie asks, as a flash of lighting illuminates a demonic looking figure.

“Yes, and since there’s nothing I can do about that right now I believe you have something to say.”

“And if I don’t?” The writer asks trying to sound brave.

The figure holding the writer grins. “Then I drop you and we see whether or not you can bounce.”

“Geeze what a choice. Fine I’ll do it. I the author of this crazy and impossible story do not claim any rights whatsoever to the characters in this story seeing as I would get my ass sued off if I tried. They belong to a multitude of different people and I’m to lazy to write all of their names down but they should be listed in earlier chapters if you really need to know.”

“Good.” The figure holding the writer says, and then throws the writer across the Pit. The writer screams as he falls six stories before he lands on a nearby ledge. The writer looks up where he had just been but the caped figure was already gone as mysteriously as he had appeared.

“At least it wasn’t the Bat-Nipples version that tied me up.” The writer says.


Metropolis


A red and blue blur shot across the highway racing from Sunneydale California to Metropolis Kansas. Clark Kent silently prayed that he would make it in time, as he tried to pour on a little bit of extra power. He never even noticed that his feet were no longer touching the ground as he move across the Colorado River. He finally reached Dr Swann’s office, and quickly entered the building. The teen ignored the surprised and confused look that the receptionist gave him as he rushed past. “Hey wait, didn’t you just...” The confused person said, trying to understand what was happening.

Clark traveled down the memorized hallway, and quickly entered one of the many offices that Dr Swann had here, and saw his other version standing there staring at Dr Swann who appeared to be stuck in a staring match with Kal-El. “Careful Dr Swann, he’s dangerous.” Clark warned, his eyes scanned the room, and he saw that his alter ego had taken the time to melt the wheels of the wheelchair to the floor.

Dr. Swann’s eyes flicked over to Clark before returning to his double. “Kal-El, what is going on?” The scientist asked with concern, as he eyed the two boys, looking for anything that might be different about the two of them.

“Sorry Dr. Swann, but that’s Kal-El, I’m Clark.” The farm boy couldn’t help but see the humor in the fact that now Dr Swann was finally getting to meet Kal-El and talk with Clark Kent at the same time. Maybe now the man would listen to him when he said that he was nothing like Kal-El, son of Jor-El, he was Clark Kent, son of Jonathan Kent.”

“No Kal-El, you are the one of this plane of existence.” The Dr. said with certainty, causing both of the boys to blink in surprise that the man could not already figure out who the double was, but what it was that had happened in so short of time. Clark hadn’t figured it out yet, and Kal-El had had a few days to get used to the idea that there were two of them in the same reality.

Of course Kal-El also knew what would happen if the protective spell that altered his signature in this universe were to deactivate. That was why he intended to win and kill this goody good meddling scientist, his other self and anyone that got in the way. Once that was done then he would be the only Clark Kent that this universe had to accept. But why let the human know this? “You sure about that Terran? I mean how can you be so sure about who was raised here and who wasn’t?” Kal-El asked ominously, he then kicked a nearby desk toward Clark.

Clark tried to catch the desk, but it shattered against his hands as he tried to stop it. “Maybe it’s because you’re an arrogant jerk.” The farm boy suggested, as the two turned to glare at each other darkly with a wide range of emotions that were filled with hate, disgust, frear, curiosity, and uneasiness. They were now waiting for the other to make a move, knowing they would have only milliseconds to move once the fight got started.

Dr Swann eyed the two boys in fascination, as far as he could tell they were both Kal-El. At first he had presumed that Kal-El had foolishly run across some red meteor rocks, but some of the mannerisms were incorrect. When The Last Son of Krypton was infected with Red Kryptonite he was reckless and cocky with a slightly darker attitude, but he rarely was willing to go completely all the way. This being that stood before him though had none of the calm control that Kal-El normally had, even when he was under the influence of Red Kryptonite, which meant that he was not exactly what he seemed, and the possibility of alternate dimensions was not a foreign concept to him. The man hated to do this, but he feared that it was the only chance that he had at the moment to survive this confrontation and save the work that he had in this building. Flipping a switch on his chair it activated a signal in the room several sliding panel opened, and green kryptonite glowed as they registered the presence of the two boys, the two flinched away from the walls in surprise till they were back to back in the center of the room.

“That’s your answer to all of this old man?” Kal-El asked chuckling at the attempts to hold him in. “You’re going to use meteor rocks against me?” The alien bent his knees, and then jumped up into the air and slammed into the ceiling and went through it. He then climbed up through to the next floor that was above them. He dusted himself off, and looked down at a pale sweating Clark, who was shielding the pathetic old crippled man that had trapped him in there from the bits of ceiling that had fallen. “Have fun Clarkey, I need to go and see a guy that’s keeping our secret.” Kal-El then used his heat vision, and melted the rest of the supports on the ceiling, then sped out before the floor collapsed under him.

Clark watched helplessly, as Kal-El disappeared, he wanted to chase after him, but he couldn’t leave Dr Swann either. He heard the creaking of the ceiling, and swallowed nervously as he looked at the door, which had three different meteor rocks around it. The rocks were effectively holding him in the room he was trapped inside and nearly helpless. “Hang on Dr. Swann!” Moving as fast as he could, he grabbed the back of Dr. Swann’s chair, and used all of his strength to shove the man across the floor, and out of the room. He turned to look, as the ceiling collapsed on top of him.

“Kal-El!” Swann cried, as he looked over his shoulder at the room full of dust and derbies. He hadn’t expected something like this to happen, this other version of Kal-El was much more confident in the use of his abilities than this dimensions was. The rubble shifted, and then blew apart as a weakened Clark Kent stumbled out of the office. A small cut on his cheek closed up, as he finally got out of the room. “You must hurry Kal-El.” Swann informed him. “You must stop this dark version of you before he causes some type of irreversible damage to this reality.”

“Right,” Clark said nodding, “are you alright?”

“I am fine Kal-El, for now though you must save the ones that are in need of your aide.”

“But shouldn’t I help you?”

“My people are here, you must stop him.”

“All right.” Clark said.

“So who is it that does know of your secrets Kal-El?”

“Oh no Pete!” Clark took off in another blur, heading for Smallville.

“Good Luck Kal-El.” The man whispered, turning his head, as a couple of his people came rushing up to him.


Smallville


Pete smiled as he was talking to Chloe. He knew that he didn’t really stand a whole lot of a chance with the feisty blonde reporter, ‘But hey a guy could dream all he wants right?’ The dark skinned teen thought, as he leaned back in his seat, and enjoyed the quiet meteor freak week that he had been having so far, and enjoying every minute of it. He would never tell Clark, but sometimes their adventures really freaked him out, the ones where Clark lost control were particularly scary. Besides, he wasn’t the one with four or five different super powers that could protect him from most of the things that they ran across when they were trying to save the town. When some person or other that was bitter over something that had happened a long time ago tried something. “And speak of the devil.” Ethan muttered to himself, as he saw a familiar figure standing outside, leaning against a car and motioning for him to join him. Sighing he turned back to Chloe, he dug his hand into his pocket and fingered his cell phone idly twirling it in his pocket, hoping his friend would get the hint. He smirked inwardly as he felt the phone begin ringing.

“Hey you got Ethan, what’s up?” He asked already knowing who was on the other end.

“In the alley now.” The familiar voice ordered him briskly, before he hung up.

“Yeah sure, no problem dad I’ll be right there.” Ethan answered calmly and coolly, while inwardly he was panicking. Clark never talked like that unless a major problem was coming up, and they were pressed for time in what it was that they could actually do to save the day this time around. ‘Either that, or Lana was in life threatening danger once again.’ He mused silently. “Sorry Chloe, but something’s come up and I gotta jet, can I call you later?” He looked apologetically at his friend.

“Well as long you don’t start making a habit of disappearing like Clark then I think that I can forgive you.” Chloe joked with her friend. “Besides, I need to head on back home and check on Lana anyways.” Nodding the two left to go about the things that had to do.

Pete quickly turned down the alley after he was sure that Chloe was gone and not going to follow him. He walked down the big alley, and looked around for a familiar form. “Yo Clark! Where are you man?” The teen asked, as he looked around for his friend who was literally out of this world.

“Hey Pete.” A figure said from behind him, causing the small town boy to jump in fright, as he turned around to find his best friend smirking at him as he leaned against the dumpsters.

“Geeze Clark, I thought that we had already established sneaking up on people like that. It so isn’t cool.” Pete said crossly, as he felt his heart begin to slow down after he had been scared.

Clark chuckled a bit at this. “Sorry, couldn’t help myself.”

Pete looked his friend over cautiously; there was something off about his old friend, and whatever it was it was making him really nervous.

“So where is everyone?” Clark asked, as he leaned back against the dumpster. “I’d kind of like to surprise them all with my coming back earlier than I thought I would.”

Pete smiled; it looked like Clark had some pranks or something in mind. Something that might not spell the goodness that most of the others were used to dealing with when it came to the farm boy. The only ones that were really used to those sorts of things were Chloe and himself, the others were in for one hell of a shock when Clark let loose on them.

“Let’s see, Chloe and Lana are at their place, and Lex is currently out of town.”

“Out of town where?” Clark asked, his face showing that he was slightly disappointed that the playboy wasn’t in town.

“I think Chloe said that he was having a meeting with someone in Gotham.” Pete said, biting down on the jealousy he felt over the friendship that is best friend and the spawn of a monster somehow had.

“Gotham?” Clark said in surprise, obviously having expected a different kind of answer.

“Yeah, you know good old crime central USA. I bet Mr. Luthor would fit right in.” Pete joked bitterly, knowing that while cracks on Lex weren’t appreciated very much he was more than welcome to take on Lionel Luther jokes.

“Thanks man, now there’s something that I need to do.”

“Whoa, hold on there man, tell me what happened? Where are your parents?” Pete said, grabbing Clark by the arm of his leather jacket.

Clark rolled his eyes in irritation. “You know, I was going to wait till I had you all together, but you obviously don’t want to wait.” Clark then grabbed Pete by his shirtfront, and slammed him into the dumpster.

“Hey what’s gotten into you man?” Pete asked, as he struggled against the powerful grip that was holding him pinned to the wall.

“Oh not much really, I’m just getting ready to destroy everything that Clark Kent cares for.” The dark haired teen said raising the other teen to his eye level. “After I do that, there will be no question which of us is the greater.”

“What, you get some red meteor rocks on you again?” Pete asked, as he struggled against the grip.

“Why is it that everyone always assumes it has something to do with meteor rock? And so sorry to disappoint you Ross, but that’s not what happened to me. I’m too much for red meteor rocks to even think about handling. Now how should I deal with you hmm? Run with you along the ground till you wear out? Or maybe I should rearrange your left and right arms and legs?” The teen snapped his fingers together. “I know; I can melt your brain by looking you in the eyes! If I do it just right the other me will find you with a face filled with pain and agony. The only bad thing is that you’ll have your eyes burnt, out and he won’t be able to see all of the betrayal in your eyes.”

Pete swallowed in fear, as he struggled against the unbreakable grip that he was being held in. Grinning in excitement, Kal-El forced Pete’s eyes open with his free hand. Before he could do the deed though, a new figure slammed into them. Pete went flying into a couple of bags of trash, while the two aliens went flying into a wall. Pete looked up and watched the Clark Kent in a red jacket slam his fist into the other boy’s face two times before the Clark Kent in black backhanded him. The blow sent the new Clark Kent flying across the alley, and into the wall on the other side.

The black Clark Kent grinned as he stood up. “Well Clarkey, it took you long enough to get here. You’re lucky that Petey boy here is such a slow mover, or I would have killed him by now already.”

“Then I guess it’s a good thing that I got here when I did Kal-El.” Clark said, not rising to being baited right now.

“Well I’ll catch up with him later, I got to see a guy at Metro University now, later chief.”

Clark blocked the alley exit closest to the street. “We’re not done here yet.”

Kal-El laughed at his double as he held his hands up in mock surrender. “Hey, you want to go another couple of rounds then I’m more than willing, but I thought the idea was to catch me first.”

“Who says I didn’t?”

“I’m still standing aren’t I?”

“Not for much longer.”

“Really?” Kal-El asked innocently, as his hand shot out to the side and grabbed the dumpster by the side and tossed it toward Clark. The teen intercepted it and slowed it down, he nearly had it stopped when Kal-El began pushing against the dumpster. Clark grunted in surprise, and lost his footing. The dumpster ran over him, he heard the screech of tires as people worked on dodging the dumpster, but he was preoccupied as Kal-El proceeded to kick him in the ribs. “Not so big and bad now are you Clark? You’re lucky that I want to make you feel horrible before I take you down. Who knows, maybe me Chloe and Lana will have some fun while you’re running around looking for us. Well I’ll have fun; I don’t know that they will when I take the two of them to their beds. I wonder if this dimensions Chloe has a birthmark on her ass?” Kal grinned in hungry anticipation; he shrugged, as he looked at his other self. “Who knows, depending on how good they are willing to perform will depend on whether they get to live.” The two boys native to this dimension had little doubt that he meant what he said. “Bye for now Clarkie, time for me to injun my way out of here.” The teen then sped off, leaving a bleeding Clark and Pete in the alley.

Clark shakily pulled himself up, and looked up at Pete. He spat a mouthful of blood out before he staggered over to him and helped his friend up. “Pete you all right?” He asked with concern, as he looked his bleeding friend over with concern.

“I’m alright Clark.” Pete assured his friend, as he accepted the offered hand up. “What the hell was that thing though? It looked exactly like you, but acted worse than you on a red meteor rock high.”

“Thanks I think.” Clark said uncertainly.

“So what is he? Or better yet who is he?” Pete questioned, wondering what kind of meteor freak it was that could not only copy Clark’s face, but his powers as well.

“He’s me.” Clark explained, wondering how much time he had to move before is double started causing havoc again.

“But then…” Pete started, wondering at the confusion this was causing him.

“Me from an alternate dimension.” Clark explained.

“Well all I gotta say for this is that you are really bizarro.” Pete said, as he rubbed the small of his back.

“Are you going to be okay?” Clark asked frowning in concern at what his double had done to his friend.

“Yeah, but you need to go and find the other you before he does something really bad.”

“Yeah, the only question is why he didn’t kill you when he had the chance?”

“He wants you to sweat Clark, and he’s also trying to wear you down. The Luthor’s did the same thing to my family when they took our land, he’s using the same scare tactics hoping you’ll get sloppy and then he’ll gloat at you for being such an idiot. Also he probably doesn’t think that he can kill you as easily when you’re ready, so he’s just hurting the ones you care about right now.”

“You realize your sounding a lot like Lex right now?” Clark said.

“And I thought you liked me.” Pete said cracking a smile. “What do you think all of those lame Indian jokes were about?”

“Oh no.” Clark said paling, “he’s either going after the girls, or he’s going after Professor Willoebrook.”

“I’ll find the girls, you deal with the chief. The two nodded and prepared to go their separate ways. Oh yeah Clark.”

“Yeah?”

“Lex is in Gotham, and Mr. Luthor is still in jail. You never know he might try going after them too.”

“Thanks Pete.”

“No problem man, now go.” The young man nodded, and took off trying to get back to Metropolis in time.


Metropolis


Professor Joseph Willoebrook looked tiredly over the list of applicants that wished to become his assistant. This was a task that he actually been putting off for quite a while now, the last assistant he had had, had been very special to him. He hadn’t even needed a real assistant for a couple of years, and now he was doing this. It was one of the reasons that he didn’t go to the caves that much, because they brought forth bittersweet memories of a raven-haired girl who had been full of enthusiasm and pride for her people. He looked at the photo that sat on his desk of two smiling teens before he shook his head returning his thoughts back to the work at hand. He didn’t have the time right now to worry about prophecies, Skinwalkers, his people, or even the Naman.

As he returned to the list full of class scores and histories, he felt a cold darkness followed by an odd sense of familiarity from somewhere nearby trigger the basic warning wards that he had managed to place around his office. He looked up just in time to see the Naman appear in his doorway. The teacher smiled in greetings as he stood up to greet the young prophesized warrior in training. “Naman, it is good to see you.”

The young man nodded in greeting, but did not have his usual flash of argument and doubt when he was called by his rightful name. Perhaps he was finally beginning to accept the fact that his destiny and fate were greater than he had ever thought, and that it was not a thing that he could escape or ignore despite his wishes.

“Professor.” The boy greeted.

The old man frowned for a moment as he shook the young man’s hand. Turning he leaned casually against the desk. “What can I do for you Naman?”

“Well professor, I actually came by because I need something.”

“And what would that be Naman? You know that I am more than willing to help you in whatever it is that you need.”

“I need you to die.” Kal-El said, as he shot a heat blast at the professor, cursing as the blast missed and struck the back of the picture frame that held Kylea’s photo in it. The heat also ignited a nearby pile of research notes and cave pictures. “Why can’t any of you actually make this easy?” The boy asked angrily, as he picked up a rock and flicked it at the professor, the shot missed as he watched the rock fly through the window. Before Kal-El could find anything else to throw he was slammed from behind, and tossed into the desk.

“Professor.” Clark said, nodding toward the teacher. “I see you’ve met my alternate version.” The man nodded weakly, as he looked at the two identical boys that were now in his office.

“You know, the first time or two I didn’t mind too much, but this is what? The third time now that you’ve ruined everything right before I could kill someone. Do you have any idea how annoying that is getting to be?” Kal asked, as he sat up to look at Mr. Goody good.

“Maybe you should think about finding another hobby.” Clark answered dryly, as he stood between the two.

Kal smiled as he picked up the half burned photograph from the remains of the desk. He looked at the photo then at Clark “You know, this girl made sure I had really great few times. Her animal form gave her quite a bit of endurance, a real animal in the bed if you know what I mean,” He said winking knowingly at Clark. “She was good even after she finally accepted that she was mine, it was a shame that I accidentally snapped her neck, it was a real shame.”

Clark narrowed his eyes at this admission from his darker half, and sent a powerful punch at his double. The blow lifted Kal off his feet and into a nearby wall.

The boy chuckled as he pulled himself out of the wall and massaged his jaw a few times. “I think your almost ready to get this show started now Clarkie boy.” Kal said before he punched Clark sending the other teen through a window. “Of course, then again you might need just a tad bit more persuasion before you’re all the way there. So the sooner you get your head in the fact that this is a real fight, a no hands barred kind, the sooner we can get this on. I’ll be seeing you in cesspool central now Clark. Do try and be late this time though, I really wouldn’t mind getting to kill at least one of your buddies before you got there.” The alien walked away, pausing only to backhand the professor into a bookshelf before he started running.

Clark sped back in and looked down at the man. He took a quick peek with his x-ray vision at the damage that he had caused. He saw that his friend and confidante had several broken ribs, and that he had a couple of large cracks in his jawbone.

“Naman.” The man said through gritted teeth, as he was helped into a nearby chair. “You must stop this version of you from the other side before he does things in your name that he should not be allowed to do, and destroys the secrecy that you value so much.”

Clark nodded, paling as he thought of what might happen if the world knew of his abilities. He doubted that his rocky friendship with Lex would survive, and that the man would probably make it his business to learn everything he could from him. In the past he had believed that Lex had really changed, and was nowhere near like his father, but now he was less certain than he had once been. It pained him to know that someone that he had cherished like a brother at one time was not quiet trustworthy enough for something like this. The really hard parts about that was that he had gone to hell and back a number of times for Lex, and in the end he could end up being his worse enemy.

“Go Naman. Stop this shadow version of yourself from harming your friends and allies.” Clark nodded, before he headed for the city of crime itself.


Gotham


Kal-El grinned as he looked down from a building that overlooked so much of Gotham city. The island city had a feeling of darkness that appealed to him in ways that he couldn’t even begin to understand. Looking down he could see the train tracks that led right through the Wayne Tower. The building was so different compared to the LuthorCorp Tower. It rose like a weary guardian, providing a safe haven for those that needed aide, yet still had a hidden sense of protective power to it. The Luthercorp tower on the other hand was cold and imposing building, making you feel small and insignificant whenever you saw it

Kal looked down at the numerous cars and vehicles, and knew that somewhere in this city Lex was waiting for him so that he could kill him. The others he had made the mistake in taunting them before he dealt with them, Luthor though, Luthor would be dealt with in a quick and deadly manner. He strained his ears and began to filter the various sounds out. A woman was talking to her plants; another was cracking a safe, D.A Harvey Dent and Commissioner were talking about some mob boss or other, while they watched Detective Bullock question some guy known simply as Eel, he also heard a Dr. Crane talking to his true master inside the hidden facility inside the Gothams own version of Bellreave. Even the mumblings of Lucious Fox were noted, as he cataloged various noises. He continued focusing though, ignoring these insignificant people till he finally focused on the sound that he had been listening for.

“Listen, I don’t care how it gets done just make sure that the Wayne Foundation goes public. Is that really all that hard to understand or do I need to make you a diagram to follow?” The billionaire said a sneer in his voice.

“I understand Mr. Luthor, it’s just taking a bit longer than I had originally thought it would. Pennyworth has been making us drag our feet through the mud for quite a while now.”

“I was under the impression that you were the one to call the shots at Wayne Enterprises, not a former butler. Of course if that is the case, perhaps I should go and discuss these things with him instead of wasting all of my time with you.”

“No, that won’t be necessary Mr. Luthor, but it will be at least three more years till everything is taken care of.” The voice stammered out nervously.

“You better find a way to make it happen faster, or I’m going to be really disappointed with you.” Luthor said darkly.

“Yes sir, right away sir.

Kal shook his head in amusement as he watched a man walk out of a limo. “Well cue ball, it looks like your being a very naughty boy. And someone needs to teach you a lesson about intimidating people to it seems.” Kal picked up a brick, and crushed it letting the dust trickle out of his hands while he held onto a handful of shards that he launched at the tires of the limo. He chuckled as he watched the car fall on one side. “And now, time for some real fun.” Kal smirked, as he pulled up a large heavy smoke stack out of the roof and tossed it at the car. He grinned as it slammed through the front of the limo skewering the engine. “And now it’s time to heat things up for you Luthor.” He focused his heat vision on the back, and began melting the car.

Lex cursed as he kicked the door open, someone had obviously planned this, the car was useless, and someone was using some sort of heat device on the other side of the car. He could really use an insane unexplainable Clark Kent styled rescue right now. Next time he went on a trip that had to do with something slightly odd he was going to consider at least making sure that Clark was nearby. Maybe the next time he went searching for the stones he would bring along his good luck farm boy.

“Get down.” He told his driver, as he joined him. The two men pulled out handguns and looked over the car for anything or anyone.

“I don’t see anyone sir.”

“Neither do I.” Lex returned, though he had noticed a heat shimmer coming from somewhere up above them. Turning he looked around for any other source of cover. There was another car about forty feet away, and then there was a corner there, another 60 feet. “Think you can make it to there?” He asked, pointing to the car.

“Yes, sir.”

“Good, go I’ll cover you.” He shot blindly at the area where the heat was coming from. The man made it two steps before his legs were actually caught on fire, the man limped back toward the cover the limo provided.

“Any other ideas?” The man asked nervously, as he checked the burns that were forming on his legs.

Lex thought for a moment, this type of weapon was like nothing he had ever even heard of, yet it was effectively holding him in here and melting his car away like it was nothing. He hadn’t realized that his father had so many allies in Gotham that wanted him out of the way. “We’ll have to try again only this time we wait until the car catches fire then make our move.”

“Yes sir.”

“All right, get the flare gun it might give us a chance if we can blind whatever the tracker is.

“Yes sir,” the man headed back to the car and popped the back and managed to slip around and snag the pack.

Kal grinned, as he watched the stooge Lex had driving get something out of the limo. The man barely got it out though before the car started to burn now the old bald eagle would have to make a move if he really wanted to do anything.

“Hey Kal, you want to leave them alone yet?” Clark asked, as he used a smokestack to slam the other boy back from the edge of the roof. The pipe bent where it hit, and Clark tossed it over his shoulder.

“Finally looks like you’re ready to play.” Kal said, as he rubbed the side of his face where the smokestack had hit him. “And I haven’t even gotten to the girls yet. Personally I was kind of hoping that it’d take me getting close to them for you to finally realize that this game is for keeps.”

“You’re not going any farther down your list.” Clark promised.

“You sure about that Clarkie?” Kal-El mocked his alternate. Clark didn’t answer, as he grabbed an air conditioning unit and tossed it at his double. Kal continued to smirk, as he sidestepped it. “Hope Lex is paying attention, or old Lexy boy will have even more off the top than usual.” The two watched as the a/c unit struck the cab. “Not bad Kent, I give it a 4.3 not bad for accidental shot. Had you hit Luthor I might have given you an 8.5 score though.”

Clark’s fist flew through the air with enough power to knock a normal person’s head clean off. The shot connected, and sent Kal flying through the air. The doppelganger landed painfully against a wall. Getting up Kal sent a hard jab to Clark in the gut followed by a knee to the face. Clark caught a fist coming down and twisted tossing Kal to the ground grabbing the boy by the back of his jacket Clark swung and tossed Kal toward what looked like a slightly less populated area. Clark cast one worried glance toward Lex and his ruined car before he chased after his double.

Clark ran after Kal, and found him as he was leaping out of the hole he had made when he landed. Kal caught the farm boy by the front of his jacket and tossed him with all of his strength into a wall that surrounded the property that they were currently fighting on. Clark pulled himself out only to get sucker punched, as he came back down stumbling back he shook his head enough to duck under the next shot. He grabbed a loose brick and crushed it; he then flung the fragments at Kal’s face. While his double reflexively covered his face, Clark kicked him similarly to the way that he had seen Lana do before. His blow wasn’t as well aimed as hers were, but it still clipped the other boy sending him flying into a tree. Clark rushed over, and tossed the other boy back over the fence and toward the ocean before taking off after him again.

An old man looked out the window of the nearby mansion and looked at the damage that hadn’t been there five minutes ago, a small ditch, a fallen tree, and a large crack in the wall. Master Bruce would be most disturbed when he saw all of this. He reached for a nearby phone and began to call a bricklayer and landscaper to fix the vandalism that some ruffian or other had done to his employer’s home. He certainly hoped that Master Bruce never made friends with the kinds of ruffians that did this sort of thing.

Clark rushed to where Kal was falling, his eyes opened in surprise as he saw that Kal was actually hovering over the ocean and waiting for him with is arms crossed and a superior smirk on his face. “Surprised Kent? I don’t have your stupid fears, which means that I can use my powers better than you ever will.”

“Yeah? Well we’ll just have to see about that!” Clark yelled, as he made his way toward the other boy. The two began to circle each other, and striking when they could, they soon had a column of water that rose as they fought. Higher and higher it rose as they moved faster and faster. People stopped and watched as the pillar of water began rising in the air, but was slowly going away from the island city, and closer toward the mainland and Bludehaven.

Kal landed a punch that knocked Clark out of the vortex, and into a wooden dock. Clark stood up shaking the shattered boards off of himself. The two took off again, running along the coast as they shot various blows at each other.

A figure in green and orange watched from his adopted fathers lighthouse, as two unknown blurs crisscrossed back and forth on a nearby cove for a couple of minutes before they disappeared. Taking a drink of water from a bottle just in case, A.C dove from the lighthouse into the ocean and quickly swam to the cove. “Dude.” The boy said, as he saw that there were now strips of sandglass all over the place, as if something extremely hot had moved across the sand, there were a few random spots as well. ‘What had that thing been that it could do damage like this to a cove? And did it pose a threat to the ocean?’ The boy was lost in thought, as he considered what this might mean.

The two Kryptonians paused on an island that seemed to be deserted, as they glared at each other. Their clothes were now waterlogged and beginning to show wear and tear from the amount of punishment that they had each doled out on each other, though Clark was slightly weaker since his recent exposure to Kryptonite. Without warning they both struck, blasting at each other with their heat vision. The two ignored the backlash as the two energy beams struck each other. They were so intent that neither of them noticed, as their clothes began steaming, nor as the nearby plant life that began catching on fire. The two finally let up and charged again striking each other, causing a small shockwave that put the flames out as quickly as they had come.

Glaring the two took off again across the ocean, not even noticing the handful of spears and arrows that had been aimed at them as they fell uselessly into the beach and water. Ten women scowled, as they watched the ripples in the water marking where the two boys had stepped. “What manner of men do you think that they were my princess? They looked like brothers.”

“Yet they fought as if they were mortal enemies, and not of the same blood sister.” Another figure said, as she struggled in vain to find some other sign of the two boys.

“That is merely the nature of males sister.” Another one of the figures said scornfully. “We should invoke the powers of the gods to help us deal with them.”

“Yes, challenging ones with the Speed of Mercury, the strength of Hercules, and the gaze of Apollo should not be done without caution.” Another said, as they watched the water finally even out.

“Come, we must go and tell the Queen of what has happened here.”

The others nodded in agreement, and picked up their fallen weapons and began to head for the woods. One paused and turned to look back at where the two had been moments before. The red and blue clothed one had intrigued her. Something about the power in him had spoken to her. She didn’t know how or why, but she knew that they would meet again. Someday they would fight alongside each other, but there was an element that was still missing.

“Princess Diana come on.” The young woman nodded, and followed after her companions.

A woman that had been residing in the shadows shrugged the hood of her cloak off after the group of Amazons was gone. “Soon little Princess you shall know what your destiny is. You and the other two are almost ready to embrace your destinies. Enjoy your times of peace, the off Man of Steel and the Dark Knight still have much to learn, and you have to prove yourself to your people first. May Athena watch over you.” The old Seer returned to her forest hideaway.

The two boys were now in Texas, fighting on the 6666 ranch. Clark did a shoulder slam that he had seen at a Sharks game and tossed Kal through a barn. Clark followed that hit off with a right cross which opened Kal’s cheek for a moment. Kal returned the favor by slamming his fist into Clark’s gut. Then sending Clark flying into a boulder with a backhand. Clark got up and charged at Kal, the other boy ducked and flipped his counterpart over him. Grinning the boy kicked Clark several times before they moved on.

Bart Allen grinned as he looked at the various girls that were hanging around as well. He really wished he could stay but he did have something that he wanted to do at China. Sighing the boy disappeared in a streak and reappeared in China, the boy barely dodged the derbies that were being thrown from the Great Wall. The teen looked around trying to find out where the objects had come from he turned and saw two figures darting around almost as fast as he could move and headed after the unknowns. He nearly made it when something that was thrown nearly hit him and while he dodged it the boy lost sight of whatever it was that had been doing whatever it was. Shrugging the boy decided now was as good as any time to grab some food, after that he still had to get down to Metropolis he had to see his guy about his latest stash of goods that he had gotten.


Sunneydale: Casa De Summers


Faith eyed her opponents warily, it was one thing when you were taking on a dozen vamps on your lonesome it was quite another to go up against 20 trained ninja demons with another 40 or so waiting o the sides. She hoped that B and her family realized that they needed help soon, cause she doubted that the whole Spirit blocker that had been set up earlier would actually be able to even faze these guys, and once she and the others were gone she had no doubt that they would be all over the house and she was not going to fail if she could help it. Tucking her worries away, Faith let a cocky grin cover her face as she held the staff she had been sharpening earlier at the ready. “So, which one of you boys wants to go first?” She asked, as she twirled the staff in her hands.

One of the demons muttered something that the dark haired slayer couldn’t understand. She really hated the fact that while she carried a staff the demons all carried blades of some kind on them, most of the time more than one. She lunged at the one that had spoken first guessing that he was the team leader, and used her staff to stake him. She watched in surprise, as the ninja disappeared into a cloud of dust, leaving his clothes and weapons behind him. ‘Ok, this was something that she could work with.’ The girl thought, she didn’t have time to think any farther though, as a foot slammed into her gut doubling her over, an elbow to the head knocked her down to her hands and knees. Fighting the sick feeling she now had, Faith fought back to her feet ready to return the favor with the interest she owed the guy. She idly noticed that ghost girl had managed to get her hands on a pair of swords she was busy defending against a number of throwing weapons with her two blades. Crossing her blades the girl block a handful of blades, spinning around she performed a roundhouse on another ninja that was sneaking up on her. Ghost girl then jumped over another attack and landed on the hood of Xander’s car. The girl blocked a few more attacks, but still had her feet kicked out from under her. The girl fell and instead of hitting the hood and windshield, the girl fell right through the car. The Hand ninja paused in surprise, before they approached the sides of the car carefully looking under it, but they couldn’t seem to find the girl. The blades of the two swords suddenly emerged through the back passenger doors impaling a ninja on either side in the hip. The doors were kicked open and one of the blades ripped into the leg of another ninja, but the girl came leaping out of the trunk. The girl took a couple of breaths of fresh air, as she picked up a couple of dropped swords she twirled them to get the feel of them, as she looked the new group of ninja over her eyes stopping on the figure with a red mask who had merely stood there and directed them.

“I’m not going back to you Ogun!” The girl said, making her point as she sliced into one of the ninjas.

Faith couldn’t help wonder what was up with this guy, since he just stood there and watched as his foot soldiers died. Usually bad guys got involved by the time that she had wiped the floor with that many of the hired help, just to show the minions how it was supposed to be done. Sighing the slayer turned back to her own fight, she wanted to stay alive, so she had to pay attention. Raising her staff she tried to block a sword the staff connected with the sword, the slayer then watched as the blade sliced through the staff. “Hey! Do you have any idea how long I spent making that!” The young woman growled in annoyance, as she kicked the ninja away, then snapped the staff the rest of the way apart and staked the ninja like he was a vampire with one of the pieces, and blocked a punch with the other. “Is that the best you got?” She asked with a smirk, before ducking under another sword, and came back up with a spin kick, and staked another that was getting to close for her comfort.


Shadowcat couldn’t understand the point of this fight, the ninjas acted as if they were trying to capture her yet Ogun did nothing but watch. If he really wanted her captured then all he had to do was get involved, they both knew that despite her imprinted knowledge, that he was still the superior fighter by quite a bit, unless he was playing with her of course, watching her struggle for his own sick enjoyment. Damn it the guy was supposed to be dead! Logan had pierced his heart with his claws, how was he even watching her while leading an army of demon ninja? She phased as a knife got past her sword, and flew through her to imbed itself in a nearby tree. Moving quickly, she slammed the handle of her sword into the face of one ninja, and then slammed her knee into the gut of another. She followed up with a few Israli elbow strikes that Logan had shown her before she had been possessed. Spinning, she caught another in a headlock, and broke one of his arms before she kicked him toward her teammate, and rolling with a blow to the side of the face she had received from being stationary and solid for too long.

Rogue took a deep breath, as she caught the ninja that Shadowcat had kicked in her direction, she applied her bare hands to the opening in the mask. The ninja struggled, and then began jerking as his essence traveled up into the mutant. Rogue gasped as memories came flooding into her mind, she then focused and managed to snap the neck of the now unconscious ninja. She grabbed a sword, then jumped into the mass of her brothers/no the Hand, as she freed the Claimed Child of Ogun/No Kitty.

“Thanks.” Kitty said with relief, as she got back up.

“Do not mention it right now oh honored daughter of Ogun.” Rogue said, her eyes flashing between their normal color and the glowing orange of a member of the Hand. Kitty shuddered at this but ignored it. The girls then attacked the remaining group of ninjas in this area with their ninja skills.


Logan bared his teeth as he watched the fights that the others were in, but he couldn’t chance turning his back on the Jonin or the Genin that he had in front of him, he just hoped the girls could hold out until he had dealt with this group of assassins, then he could help them with the rest. “So how you wanna do this bub?” The mutant asked as his fists clenched, his claws were drawn already it was more of a waiting game than anything else now, cold unfeeling eyes met into wary feral eyes

“Genin, destroy the Giajin dog! And when you are done his bones shall be a trophy for our clan.”

Logan shrugged, as he jumped into the ninja and dug his claws into the guts of two of them, tearing them out with a sideways slash, he kicked out behind him hitting another ninja, and then back slashed another who died with wounds to his face. Moving onwards, he caught an incoming fist, and squeezed, breaking some of the bones in the hand. He ignored the feeling of a handful of throwing weapons hitting him in the back.

“There’s an awful lot of these guys.” Faith said, as she landed nearby after having been kicked across the yard. She then did the splits dodging a pair of swords that crossed over her head.

“Yeah? Well unless ya wanna ask em ta wait in line an take a number yer jus gonna have tah deal with it darlin.” Wolverine growled, as he slashed through a pair of swords and a ninja. He reached out with his other hand and caught a knife, and tossed it back toward the ninja that had thrown it.

Faith didn’t have time to say anything, as she noticed a couple of ninjas talking on a nearby roof, and waiting with their swords as they prepared to jump on top of the girls who were too busy fighting the ones on the ground to notice the ones above them. Faith performed a couple of tornado kicks that got her closer to the girls, she then reeled back and hurled the two pieces of the staff as hard and fast as she could, she smiled grimly as they struck the two ninja. Spinning around she barely caught one of the arrows that had been aimed at her.

Wolverine’s arm shot out and sliced through three more arrows that were aimed at the slayer, and tossed a dagger at one of the archers hitting him in the eye. The mutant grunted as a sword broke as it hit the bone and metal in his shoulder. Wolverine felt his eyes begin to flash between their normal colors and red, as he felt one of his berserker rages coming up on him, his inner beast was trying to claw its way out. Logan shook his head and sheathed his claws with effort he recaged his beast he couldn’t afford to lose control here not with his girls and the potentials so nearby. ‘Besides, if he could preach it, then he better damn well be able ta practice it!’ The mutant growled darkly, as he picked up a sword. He held the blade in his hands, and focused on the feel and sight of the weapon for a moment. “I am not an animal,” he said defiantly, “I am a Samurai!” He rose to his full height, and stared with renewed strength at the ninja. “Banzai!” He cried, as he charged back into the Hand.

Faith stared at the running figure with curiosity, she had thought that the little claw guy was just a bunch of talk what with his talk about redeeming himself and all, but she had watched as he had chosen to choose between losing himself in something, or in fighting as a person. She had watched, as his eyes had flickered before going back to normal, the ninjas had actually backed up a bit as if they knew what it was he was going through and were slightly scared. He had then picked up a sword, and somehow reached the end of his internal fight for the moment somehow, and if a guy like that and Angel could fight their inner demons, then there was no way that she couldn’t fight her own right? She turned toward her own gang of ninja ready to continue the fight, the only problem though, was that they were all armed with various blades, and all she had were her hands at the moment. She dropped to the ground to avoid a sword, and then rolled away to avoid the sickle that followed after it. The deadly weapon sparked, as it struck the ground.

Hating herself for it, the dark haired slayer drew the knife that had been hidden beneath her jacket. “All right.” The slayer said through gritted teeth, as she came back to her feet. “Which of you boys wants to be next?” Faith jerked her head back, as a sword tried to take her head off, she felt the side of her head, and looked down to see that the right side of her hair had been sliced off, and a cut now decorated her cheek from the sword. “All right, you’re dead now.” The Slayer growled angrily, as she headed towards the one with a sword in his hands. “It’s supposed to be an unspoken rule that you do not mess with a girls hair.” She kicked the sword into the air, then a one two combo followed by a haymaker that knocked him into the ground. She kneeled down beside the stunned ninja, and glared at him with fury. “You are so lucky that there’s still a lot of your friends around, or I would make your death really drawn out. Instead, I’ll have to settle for this.” The slayer drove the long blade that the mayor had given her into the crotch of the ninja, and twisting the blade she yanked the blade upward till she reached his ribs. “Rest In Pieces.” The slayer finished, before she turned toward the rest of the ninja.


Rogue skewered another ninja, and absorbed a small bit of his skills as he died. The girl spun around and blocked a punch from another, and sent him flying into a couple of others drawing a pair of knives in one, hand and a handful of throwing blades in the other she threw them at the group of ninja with an uncanny accuracy, before turning and facing off with more of the ones that were closer to her.

“Why are we hiding in here?” Kennedy asked, as she watched as the four battled with the unending horde of ninja. “We should be out there helping them not hiding out in here.”

“Right.” Dawn drawled out in a cross between a sarcastic Xander, and a disbelieving yet honest Spike. “And you trained to fight swarms of ninjas when?” She asked with a smirk.

“We can’t just let them die though.” Another girl said.

“Exactly, besides this is our war.” Kennedy said.

“Why can’t we let them die?” Giles asked, as he watched the four fight impossible odds. “It’s the ninjas that are dying after all.” The watcher was silent, as he remembered four others that had faced the impossible in this town and won time and again, now look what had become of the high and mighty Scooby gang.

“Mr. Giles, you can’t mean to tell me that you expect us to do nothing but stand here and wait!”

“I don’t really like it my own self, but there is really no choice in the matter. We don’t dare to use the long range weaponry that we have for fear of hitting Faith and the others, and we don’t dare open the door and fight, because none of you are that skilled yet.” Giles glared at Kennedy as he said that, ensuring that the potential knew that included her.

“But…”

“No.” Giles said, with finality to his voice. “We must let them do their jobs, though you may gather weapons in case they do fail however unlikely that seems.”

The potentials nodded, while Kennedy began barking orders for them to head for the weapons chest. “Glad to see that your starting to mellow her out there Willow.” Dawn teased the witch, as they watched Faith fight with her knife in one hand and a sword in the other, as she fought alongside the short man. Despite the cuts and bruises that the slayer was now sporting, it was obvious to any who watched them that she was in her element. There was a new element in the way that she fought that seemed to make her weapons sing as she swung them. She blocked with the sword and caught another weapon against her knife.

“Do you think they’ll actually get through them?” Anya asked worriedly. “Cause I still have a full mortal life that I would very much like to live.”

“I honestly don’t know.” Giles answered, as he watched Faith slice through the enemy. He hadn’t really watched her fight since she had decided to go and work for the Mayor, he had to admit though, that her style had changed somewhat. Gone was the girl that fought with a reckless abandon, and in her place was a woman that had traces of that recklessness, but was tempered by some odd sort of methodology that seemed to work for her. He wondered when her style had changed to this, or if it had been a gradual thing, or if it had been sometime during her jail time. Shaking his head he made his way toward one of the rooms that overlooked the front yard. ‘Maybe he would get lucky.’ He thought, as he hefted his crossbow. He supposed he would just have to content himself for now, by watching this slayer’s back.


Kitty spun away from her latest kill, and found herself face to face with Ogun finally. Shifting her feet nervously she raised her sword in a salute Ogun returned the gesture, though he seemed to be almost laughing at her as he did.

The ninja master asked in Japanese.

“You’re kidding me right? We both know that you’ll beat me without even trying.” Kitty returned in English at her former master.

Ogun said, holding his hand out to the mutant girl.

Kitty shook her head at this. “You know very well, that there’s no way on this side of the Hellmouth that I would even consider joining with you. And stop calling me your daughter!”

The red masked figure nodded at her outburst in understanding. The ninja said regretfully, as he changed his position.

Kitty swallowed back any comments, as the memory of a sword like Ogun had now slicing through her hair and clothes while she had been frozen unable to move. “You know I’m going to try and fight you till the end, so why do you even bother trying to get me to surrender?”

The ninja casually stepped forward, and easily disarmed her.

“Thanks, but I’ll take a pass on having you taking over my body again anytime soon.”

The ninja’s shoulders sagged, as if he finally realized he couldn’t persuade her into giving in to him. “You leave me little choice then child.” He said in English.

“Stop!” Faith cried as she jumped between the two. “How about you leave the kid alone? Besides don’t you think that you’re a little bit old for her pal?”

“Out of my way Chosen One. My battle is not with you, but with her and her protector. One way or another I intend to have what is rightfully mine.” The ninja backhanded the slayer hard enough to stagger the slayer.

“That the best you got pal?” Faith asked, as she licked where blood was actually running from a split lip.

The ninja actually laughed at this, as he swung his sword. Faith ducked the blade, and did a spin kick, but was stopped in the air as the ninja grabbed her by the ankle and sent her sprawling. “It has been sometime since I have defeated a slayer. I look forward to crossing blades with you fiery one.”

“Whatever you say pal.” The slayer returned, as she dropped into a defensive crouch, her knife held in a reverse guard.

Ogun let out a cold laugh that made the skin on both the slayer and the mutant crawl. “You amuse me girl. If I had not already chosen a good disciple you would most likely be a possibility. I shall enjoy killing you when the time finally comes though, but first I have others to deal with right now.” The ninja master threw a couple of his smoke pellets at the slayer.

Faith coughed as she jumped away from the newly formed smoke cloud, when the cloud was gone the ninja seemed to have disappeared with it to wherever it was he had come from. Cursing, she looked around until she spotted the guy going after Claw Boy. With a worried glance she saw that the two mutant girls were fairly far apart, and that Claw Boy was out on his lonesome as well. Looking the situation over she felt a cold sensation in her gut, as she began to suspect what was going on in this fight.

A chuckle came from beside her. “The old divide and conquer trick eh Faithy?” The mayor asked, as he put his hands into his pocket. “It gets people like them every time.”

Faith ignored the boss’s voice as she winced as a sword left a shallow cut on her upper arm. She ducked another blow, and swung her knife upwards taking the minion ninja’s sword away from him. She got back to her feet and threw the two away from her. She paused as she heard an odd sound that didn’t make since in a battle. Turning she saw that some kind of shield had gone up separating Faith and Wolverine from Shadowcat and Rogue. The energy was enclosing the Slayer and the feral mutant inside some sort of large dome.


“NO!” Logan cried, as he was separated from his girls. His sword bounced off the colored light. The presence of his girls was helping him stay in the right mind frame without losing himself to the beast, but without them he wasn’t sure that he could do that.

“Sorry Wild Man, but that’s not happening.” A mocking voice said to him.

Logan glanced up at a young woman about the age of the two Slayers with black hair hovering in the middle of the dome shaped shield that held him in, but wouldn’t let him get to his girls despite the fact that he could feel the slamming of a pair of fists from the other side. “Girl, ya got about thirty seconds to turn this thing off before ah turn ya inside out, cause when I finish with ya their won’t be enough of ya left ta fill up a match box!” Wolverine threatened the floating figure.

The girl smirked at the mutants deadly threats. “Please,” She drawled out. “You’re about as dangerous as the slayer is to me.”

“Then maybe ya oughta start worryin girl.”

“Please, Buffy knows that she doesn’t stand a chance against me. She knows that if she pisses me off that I’ll turn her into a rat and stuff her into a cage.”

“Rat? So you must be that Amy chick. What’s your game here cheese breath?”

“The same as it’s always been.” Amy said, her hands clenched in anger at the name.

“Power huh?”

“Of course, I will be the most powerful when all is said and done after this.” The girl said with a near insane gleam in her eyes. “After this I shall rule this dimension.”

“Please, you’ll be the most powerful boot licker nothing more.” Faith returned to the witch. “And that’s only if you get the most power, but what if like another one gets more power than you hmm? I’ll tell you what. You become nothing more than their bitch to play with whenever they’re bored.”

Amy hesitated as the thought of bowing before someone like that Voldemort guy before she dismissed it, she was easily more powerful than he was, if he became a problem then she would deal with him.

“If you truly intend to harm the mystic you will have to go through us Logan-san.” Ogun said, as he and the Jonin stepped out of the shadows.

“Ya know I ain’t got anything against that idea Ogun.” Wolverine growled out, as he bared his claws.

“The Beast can fight and win true, but can the man?” The ninja countered.

“Come on Claw Boy, between the two of us we can take these jokers, then we can deal with the witch.”

Logan turned and smiled at the Slayer. “You sure about that Darlin? No one’d think ya were any less of ya if ya wanted ta leave girl.”

“Yeah right, I’d just forget something like that, besides I wouldn’t want to miss a party like this.”

Logan chuckled at the last part. “Why not? You only get tah dance with the devil by the pale moonlight only so often.”

Faith smiled at this description filing the words away for whenever her next fight for the end of the world came. “Come on pajama boys show me what you got.” She taunted.

The Jonin nodded, as he let his silken robes fall to the ground. “Very well Chosen Guardian of the Earth, shall we dance the dance of death here?”

“It’d be my pleasure old man.” Faith said, as she readied her weapons. The Jonin nodded, as he drew a pair of matching ninja blades.

“And while they dance their dance Logan-San, you and I have much to catch up on. I would like to finish our business once and for all. Once you are gone my daughter shall be vulnerable enough for me to reclaim for eternity.”

“Don’t count on it bub, she’s a hell of a lot stronger than you give her credit fer.”

“I know her strengths I know her weaknesses.” Ogun boasted at his friend and student turned enemy. “Without you or the others of your kind, she will be easy prey for me to remold back into my honorable daughter.”

“Not happenin bub.”

“So who do I battle this time the Animal or the Man?” Logan didn’t say anything as he attacked with the sword in one hand ready to strike.

Faith waited for the Jonin to make a move, taking the time to study her opponent. She didn’t know what it was, but there was something different about this one than the other demon ninjas that she had already dealt with. He was obviously fit despite the fact that he looked like he was about a dozen years older than Giles, she wouldn’t be surprised if he had a few nasty surprises for her either. She watched as he skillfully moved the swords into different guard positions, as they circled each other. Even as a slayer with over 1000’s of year’s worth of combat knowledge to draw on, she didn’t think that she could match the being in front of her in pure sword skill. It was obvious to her that the only way that she was going to have a chance at winning this fight was if she took him out of the fight as hard and fast as she could, before he could manage to do anything to her. “So, you ready to party yo?” Instead of answering the Jonin charged at the slayer. The fight was on!

The ninja master started off with jumping in the air and spinning like a windmill, his two swords spun in a deadly method flashing in the light from the shield. Despite how pretty it was, the slayer knew that they could easily cut a person several times. Faith doubted her own sword would survive an encounter with the human fan, and decided that pulling back was the better thing to do in this case. The ninja landed beside her, and blocked her own downward blow, then kicked her squarely in the chin knocking her head back, the rest of her quickly followed after that.

“Not bad.” The slayer complimented, as she jumped back to her feet rubbing her aching jaw for a moment. “My turn.” She returned, as she delivered an uppercut that sent the ninja flying, he twisted in the air and managed to land on his feet gracefully about 30 or 40 feet away from where she was standing. “Now that is just not fair.” The slayer grumbled to herself, before she made a jump that brought her down next to the ninja. She sent a blow at him, but he ducked it, and grabbed her by the arm and sent her flying over his shoulder. The slayer let out a gasp for air, as she landed face first. She didn’t bother to think, as she released her weapons and grabbed the ground and pushed herself forward, hissing as she felt a scratch on her back. She climbed back to her feet and felt her back, and realized that the pajama boy had sliced through the back of all of her top, and left a small cut over her skin. Had she not moved when she did, she most likely would be taking her last breath if she ever got that much. She turned around and found the guy was almost on top of her. Waiting, she managed to make him miss, while she got in a nice punch she could hear something in the body give. She ducked another blow, and kicked out nearly taking his knee out. She rolled out of the way, and found her weapons, she bent over and picked the blades up, she looked up and felt a knee connect with her face twice, and saw a sword coming down at her, she blocked it by pushing it to the side and down, so instead of slamming through her mouth it went through her shoulder. She bit her lip as the pain coursed through her, she looked up as he readied his other weapon, her sword was still locked with his other sword gritting her teeth, she watched the blade come down and swiped with her knife, she watched as it sliced through the forearm, she watched as the sword fell a few inches away from her face. She let go of her sword, and pried his still jerking fingers off the blade, and then punched him two times then one heavy punch that forced him to go flying off. The ninja unfortunately managed to hang on to his sword, and the blade slid out letting her bleed even more, wanting nothing more than to sleep, the slayer had to make sure he was finished, as she took a look at him then taking a chance she kicked at his windpipe breaking all the bones in his throat. Faith nodded grimly at the figure. ‘She had done it, he was dead. Now she could collapse.’ She thought, as she fell down next to the remains of the Jonin.


Clark ran after Kal, determined to catch up with him. He was still a bit lightheaded from his exposure to the green meteor rocks, but there was nothing that he could do about that right now, he had a job to do, and that job currently meant that he had to defeat his darker side. The two boys had crossed oceans and towns, but now they were back in the town that they had started at. Kal stopped near Buffy’s old house, the two boys looked at the dome that no one could see into, the two mutant girls were busy trying to break through while they fought. There was a half dozen unconscious ninjas leaning, against the dome, and nearly twice that many ninja uniforms.

“Hmm, hey boss lady love what you and the others have done with the place.” Kal said, as he called up to a black haired woman with eyes as dark as her hair.

“You still haven’t taken care of him?” The woman said, though her voice seemed to echo as she spoke.

“Hey I want to make sure that he’s got the right mind frame before I snap him into bits and pieces. I want him to suffer before he realizes that it’s useless to fight me, then maybe I’ll consider letting his real half out, or perhaps I’ll force him to...”

“Kill him. The more you play with him the more dangerous he will become.” Amy returned, remembering the way her own mother had fallen to Buffy because she had played with the slayer.

“Please he’s all about puppy dogs and shiny days. The glass is always half full kind of guy. It takes a lot to make him pissed, not like me you know.”

“Yeah, but I’m good at being pissed when you get me mad.” Clark returned, as he stopped beside Kal, and slammed the boy into the dome.

The alternate groaned as he pulled himself off the dome, his body and magic didn’t mix one bit. “You’re going to pay for that Clarkie.” He said, as he sent a heat blast at his double, who was caught off guard, and was sent flying across the street. The boy smirked, it was almost a shame that this dimensions version of him wasn’t able to handle the fact that he had been exposed to meteor rocks during their fight. He hadn’t exactly given him a chance to catch his breath either though.

The two boys got up and charged at each other, Kal let loose another heat blast at the ground melting a part of the street forcing Clark to focus on his balance. As the farm boy caught his balance, he was caught in a steel grip and thrown toward the shield. He was then grabbed in a bear hug, and slammed repeatedly into the shield.

Rogue watched as Clark was being pummeled, she flipped another ninja over her shoulder, and watched. The young farm boy needed help, but there was only one way that she could help. She glanced over at Kitty, who was alternating between slicing at the dome and kicking the asses of her brethren Hand, no the evil Hand ninjas. As she watched though she noticed that Kitty was becoming as tired and desperate as she was, even if there was now the occasional crossbow bolt hitting a ninja sometimes barely missing her and Kitty. If something didn’t happen soon they would both be out of the fight, and the scared shadows behind Kitty’s eyes showed that she had some ideas of what would happen to them if that were to happen.

Marie sighed, she figured she was already screwed up enough as it was adding a few more minds wouldn’t kill her. She hesitated for a moment before she shed her X-Man jacket, her other glove and the long sleeved over shirt she wore. Now wearing nothing more than a tank top, pants and boots she ran up next to the two wrestling figures, she watched as the one in black forced the other guy to his knees then brought his knee up while he forced Clark’s head down, she flinched as blood spewed from his mouth. Gathering her courage she approached the unknown clone and tapped him on the shoulder. Biting her lip nervously she watched as he turned around and grinned at her. She put on her best smile and looked at him. “That jacket must be a pain to keep clean while fighting.” She said in her best girly voice.

“Oh believe me, it is. The only time it comes off is when I don’t need the bad boy image though.”

“And do you need that image with me?” She asked.

“Lets find out.” Kal said, as he took his jacket off and tossed it on the ground next to Clark, he paused long enough to kick his opposite one more time. “A victory kiss, and then I’ll kill him.” The boy said smugly, as he grabbed onto the young girl practically offering herself to him.

Taking a deep breath Rogue wrapped her arms around the boy, and began kissing him. She really hoped that her powers would work on him, or else she was in serious trouble. Her doubts faded as she felt their arms make some contact, and there were the lips. She held back a gasp, as she felt power and knowledge enter her body. She felt Kal begin to stiffen, as he felt the power that the sun had given him begin to leave his body.

Kal moaned in pain, as he felt himself weaken. He tried to push the slutty little leech that held onto him away, but her newly emerging strength countered his efforts. Not wasting his efforts this time he used all of his current strength, this time and threw her as far as he could, which was nowhere near as far as he should have been able to. He was about to use his super speed when he was hit from behind

Marie smirked as she stopped herself in mid-flight, and watched as a dark haired figure rejoined the fight. Clark Kent was about to get some serious pay back now that he not only had a moment to catch his breath, but because they were now about equal since Rogue had some of Kal’s strength, and his ability to fly at the moment, she wondered if she had any of his other abilities and thought there was no time like the present to find out. She tried to rush the remaining hand ninjas, but was still moving at a regular speed, though when she floated above the ground and flew at the ninja, she was able to gather a number of them off Kitty, and fly high into the air and then dump them from a 100 feet in the air.

Rogue smiled, as she watched the ninjas fall to their deaths. “I could get used to this.” The girl said, as she focused on the next group of ninja and dive-bombed them to repeat the process. She even smiled as a couple of arrows bounced off her now invulnerable hide. “Time ta take out the trash shugah.” Rogue said, mimicking her mama’s heavy southern accent. She wondered how long she would have these powers, she had held Kal for quite a bit, and had gotten only two or three of his abilities, though she was fairly sure that they were watered down.

Clark grinned as he finally got the upper hand in this fight for the first time. He slammed both of his hands into Kal’s ears, and then brought his fist into Kal’s unprotected stomach. He beat on him for a few moments before he finished him off with a hay maker that he was sure would have made his father and his dad proud of him. He sat on the ground for a moment, wanting to make sure that Kal stayed down this time around. Clark looked up as the girl that had stolen some of Kal’s power was alternating between beating on the dome and dive-bombing the ninjas that were all over the place.


Wolverine bowed to his former master, as he prepared to face him again in a battle to the death. The last time that they had fought like this he had barely beaten him, and had it not been for his berserker side, the side of him that didn’t feel pain and thought like an animal he would most likely be dead and Kitty either dead as well or enslaved. Now they were back where they had started, and he didn’t think he might be as lucky as he was last time around.

“And so we are back to where we started once again are we not Logan?” Ogun said deciding to stick to English.

“Only cause ya refuse ta accept defeat Ogun.”

The other man nodded. “I know, that is simply something I cannot explain. I fear that I shall forever be trying for my daughter.”

“She ain’t yer kid Ogun. I don’t what happened ta ya that makes ya think that she’s yours but she ain’t.”

“Are you telling me that worthless gaigin dog Carmen Pryde is worthy of Kitty?”

Logan growled at the memory of the former banker. “Man ain’t worth a piece oh crap as far as I’m concerned. He practically sold Kitty ta ya, but he’s still her father, and nothin ya do will change that.”

“The same could be said for you my friend, you shall never replace Carmen Pryde.”

“Think I don’t know that bub? Kitty is one of the lights oh my world though. Ain’t no way I’m lettin ya git yer claws inta her again.”

“Then let us battle, and see who shall win this time old friend. Let us see if the student has truly surpassed the master.” The two men whose souls were far older than their bodies stared at each other, as they took each others measure. On one side was a mutant who was once the student; on the other was a demonic ninja who once was the master. Two warrior beings, once they were as close as brothers, now for the world and for a child that they both cared for in their own ways they prepared to battle.

Ogun laughed, and lunged forward. Wolverine gritted his teeth and lunged with his own sword blade in one-hand, claws out in the other. Ogun flipped over, and Logan felt a stinging in his back. Spinning around he clipped the tip of one of the horns off the demon mask. Ogun kicked him in the stomach, and then spun away from a counter swing, then dropping to the ground he brought both of his feet into Wolverines knees. The mutant grunted, as he fell over, rolling he avoided the throwing blades and bounced back to his feet. The two circled again looking for an opening. Logan was already feeling tired from his other fights, and now he was having to fight one of the few people that could actually turn him inside out.

Snarling he swiped his claws at his friend, who merely shifted his weight somewhat, and let the claws miss him by centimeters. Ogun followed up with a blow to Logan’s sword arm numbing the arm for a few moments. He followed up with kicking the blade out of Logan’s hand. Logan back flipped away from the next swipe, and kicked a piece of derbies at the ninja. The demon blocked the rock, and sent it flying back at Wolverine, who ducked under the rock and tackled Ogun. The ninja took the tackle, and twisted the two of them around, and now he was on top. Logan growled, as he kicked the man in the chest sending him flying back.

The ninja didn’t say anything as he twisted in the air and landed gently on his feet. The men charged again, kicking and punching at each other. The two glared at each other, but there was no hatred in their eyes, but respect as they continued to fight. “You have learned since our last encounter my student.”

“What can I say bub, if I can beat ya as an animal I should be able to beat ya as a man as well.”

“It is a good day to die my friend.”

“We’ll see bub.” The two came at each other again, Ogun jumped in the air, and Logan swiped in a defensive move that barely did anything, or so he thought. When he turned around, he saw that Ogun was now limping. His old teacher had been cut on his foot deeply. Logan felt into his shoulder, and pulled out the remains of the sword that had been shattered into his side. Turning he lunged again, he dived for the ground and came up gutting his old mentor, he saw a long knife was also in his own stomach. “I’m sorry my friend.”

“It is as it should be my friend. Who knows perhaps in the next life we will be able to fight together once again. In the next life eh my student?”

“I would like that master, until then though.”

“Until then.”


“No!” Amy couldn’t believe it; they had just lost nearly half the ninjas, and both of the leaders. Kal-El was down, and who knows what else could go wrong. “I hope the strength that I get from you is worth it.” The witch sneered, as she banished Kal-El back to his own dimension, he wasn’t nearly as strong as the First had hoped for. Maybe next time they would find a better person to fight for them. She disappeared in a whirl of wind, her dome fell as she left letting the two mutant girls to get to their mentor and protector, while Giles and Dawn broke ranks and ran toward the bleeding Faith.
Sign up to rate and review this story