Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Family Reunion

They Are Coming

by texaswookie 0 reviews

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Published: 2012-06-12 - Updated: 2012-06-13 - 11158 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Texaswookie tries to fight against the grip that holds him. Sam Winchester smirks, his face sweating as he holds the writer in his mental grip over a pit with sharpened pikes at the bottom. “You know I wouldn’t do that, my control is nowhere near where it should be.” The demon hunter said, as he waves his hands and the writer swallows nervously as he slips a couple of inches. “You know what I want right?”

“Yeah, yeah.” The writer sighs before he begins the usual spiel. “I the writer do hereby forsake any claim whatsoever to the characters in this story. Supernatural, BtVS, Charmed, Smallville characters belong to the W.B or C.W not sure which one I say anymore. Harry Potter characters belong to J.K Rowling. Um Dukes of Hazzard and Highlander characters belong to Warner Brothers and MGM. The X-Men and all connected characters belong to Marvel Comics. Did I forget any?” The Texan asks sarcastically as he struggles.

“If you did I’m sure someone will be nice enough to write a review to remind you.” Sam said, as he tossed the Texan away from the pit and into a pile of garbage.

“Swell.” The Texan says, as he brushes all sorts of crap off of himself.


Last time on Family Reunion

The Dark Lord stalked toward a large double window and looked outside. “Fortunately, I did not expect that plan to bring out the best of results, though it should have done better than what it did.” The Dark Lord turned to shoot a scathing look at the Death Eaters that had failed him. “I have made use of our time here though, and have found a use for one of this town's great-unused resources. With this resource I shall destroy the Blood traitors, the halfbloods, Mudbloods and muggles that dare to stand against the First.” Voldemort smirked cruelly as he stared out the window. “And now we destroy them.” The wizard said, raising his wand and began chanting a spell.

And now the conclusion






They are Coming


The perimeter guards looked out into the night that was deathly quiet. A soldier nervously looked through a pair of binoculars at a sight that he couldn’t quite believe that he was seeing. The man turned to his superior officer. “Um sir?” The man questioned.

“Yeah, what?” The officer replied.

“I think you need to see this sir.” The Colonel took the offered binoculars and looked at what had spooked the man. Jack lowered the binoculars shook them then looked again. “Crap.” Jack said, summarizing the newest problem that they now faced.

“Problem sir?” Carter asked worriedly, as she saw the stony look that her superior was wearing, and past experiences told her that was never good.

“Oh not much Carter, we just got a bunch of zombies heading this way.” The Colonel said sarcastically. “Oh and Carter?

“Yes sir.”

“When the hell did we get sucked into a ‘Resident Evil’ video game?”

“Says the man on a first name basis with the Roswell aliens.” Muttered a nearby soldier whom began to fire into the army of undead that was heading their way.

“More shooting less talking Henderson.” Jack growled, as he let loose with his own P-90. A bald black man with a gold stud earring shot a red beam that struck one of the leaders in the pack. “Cool lightshow.” Jack commented, as he saw the effects the red spell had on the zombie as it was lit on fire from the magic.

The man nodded grimly, as he looked at the oncoming force of zombies who were walking over their brother, though a few others did catch on fire. “I guess this means You-Know-Who is here.” The man said swallowing nervously, as he sent a flaming X that went slicing through a handful of the creatures before it struck one. “I really hate inferi.” He grumbled as he fired into the wall of oncoming soldiers.

“Take out their legs!” Jack shouted at his people, as he watched one headless figure continue marching. “Any known weaknesses on these things?” He barked at the wizard.

“Fire sir.” The wizard answered automatically.

“All right, gather your wizard buddies and try and slow them down. I’ll get a few things together that might slow them down as well. Who knows together they might be enough to stop those things.” Jack told him.

“Yes sir.” Kingsley said, as he fired another fire spell before he popped away to go and get reinforcements.

“Carter you’re with me.” The colonel told his second, whom nodded and followed behind him as he headed back towards the base.

Jack and Carter rushed back inside, and entered the temporary armory. The two looked around, Jack paused for a moment looking at the staff weapons, but decided those were for the super vampires before he moved on to the explosives with Carter. They passed the fragmentation grenades, and went ahead and pulled out AN-M14 TH3 incendiary hand grenades. Several soldiers entered behind them, and began helping with pulling the cases of explosives down and heading out to distribute the weapons.

“Carter, grab that case and let’s go.” Jack ordered, as he pointed at one case. The two grabbed the case by either side and returned to their hiding place, and began passing out the contents of the case to nearby soldiers. “All right people.” Jack yelled into his radio, “On my mark everyone is to throw one of their grenades got me?”

“Yes sir!” Came from up and down the line.

Jack looked, and saw that several of the wizards had returned and were firing their fire spells into the creatures that were heading their way. The wizards were taking out several of the creatures but obviously not enough to affect the sheer number of dead bodies that were heading their way. It seemed that the sheer number of dead bodies was working in the favor of whoever was controlling the corpses. The wizards were taking slow but steady steps back as they were being forced back by the decomposing bodies. He winced, as he saw one wizard that didn’t move fast enough get dragged down, a scream was cut off as he was buried below the zombies. “Pull back!” Jack ordered the wizards. The dark skinned man nodded, and the group each sent forth one last spell in a wave, which staggered the army of undead and then they disappeared with loud popping sounds.

“Now!” Jack ordered the soldiers all threw or shot their AN-M14 TH3’s, and gaps began appearing in the wall of undead as the combined power of nearly a hundred incendiary bombs combined to take out several lines of zombies. Jack grinned wolfishly. They had hurt the undead monstrosities. “Fire bugs forward!” The soldiers with flamethrowers stepped forward and the flames shot out of their weapons blasting more of the creeps away.

The wizards appeared on the overhanging ledge of the building and began raining down more of their fire spells. Jack didn’t know why but he turned to look as two red heads stepped slightly in front of the others and steadied their wands. “Draconis Inferno!” The stocky one cried out, as a stream of fire three or four times as powerful as a flamethrower shot out. The boy stumbled a bit, the spell obviously took a lot out of him. The long haired kid was next and did something with his wand, and said something that Jack didn’t quite get and he watched a blast of flame shot out of the wand and encircled the building and the defensive perimeter.

Jack put his sunglasses on, and threw another grenade. He looked up and saw the redheads being supported, one by a pretty blonde the other by another older red head that was going bald. Jack turned back to the flames, wondering how long that wall would hold as soldiers began to take pot shots at the limbs as the zombies tried to find a way through the flames. From the tired looks on the kids’ faces, he doubted that they would be able to pull those stunts off again very soon. “And me without a beer or steaks to cook with.” The colonel complained as he watched the magical flames lick at the undead.


Everyone gathered the last bits of things in the museum and loaded them up except for a few random items that were cursed, or were actually cheap imitations that actually had no business even being in storage much less put on display. Xander paused in the Egyptian room and looked at his former girlfriend sadly. He never did find out why this exhibit had never moved on, but instead had become a permanent attraction, but he had been grateful as he had been able to come here and talk to a girl who had loved him for who he was. Sure he had been happy with Anya, but something about Ampata had been special beyond even her magical youth sucking powers. “Bye beautiful.” The one-eyed carpenter said, as he traced the design of one of the glyphs. “Sorry you never got to live that life that you deserved to get a chance at.” He turned to see Prue standing there waiting for him to join the rest of them. “Okay, let’s get the hell out of Dodge.” The man said, stuffing his hands in his pockets as he trailed after the witch.

The two of them were the last two to leave, Xander calmly closed the doors to the building, a slight sniffle escaped him before he walked down the steps that all museums seem to have. “So we ready to go? I should probably get the girls back to the others sometime tonight.”

“Sounds like a good idea.” One of the soldiers said, as he slammed the back of the truck shut. Thanks to the witches and wizards all of the things had actually loaded into two trucks.

“Hey, what’s that?” Cyclops asked, as he saw a force of figures moving toward their position.

Xavier frowned as he stared at the shadowy mass. “I’m afraid that this is trouble Scott.” The mentor of the X-Men said to one of his first students. “X-Men prepare for battle.”

“Inferi.” McGonagall and Flitwick said worriedly.

“You know those things?” Xander asked, as he looked for the potentials whom were standing with Conner McLeod.

“Yes and the only way to destroy them is with fire.”

Cyclops nodded at this. “Maybe we can slow them down then.” The mutant team leader said, as he fired an optic blast that dug into the street making a large pit in the street that the things would now have to go around to get at them.

“So cousin, is that all you got?” An amused voice crackled over a radio.

“Now Bo be polite, he’s doing the best he can. How about we show them how we do it though.” Another voice scolded over the radio.

“Sure thing Luke, one Hazzard style way of dealing with monsters vulnerable to fire!” The first voice said eagerly. Everyone watched as two arrows went flying from the top of the building and struck the center of the force of monsters. The twin explosions were huge, as it was obvious the boys were using large doses of gunpowder in their arrows, as the ground shook from the power.

The soldier shook his head. “I’m not sure what’s worse. Zombies after us, or the fact that Farm boys are having to be the ones to save us from them.” One of the men complained.

“Professor get Colossus out of here.” Cyclops said. “Maybe we got a chance here if we hold those things back long enough for those two to blow them up, we might be able to either get away easier or turn them into useless scraps for the coroner.”

“They are not the only ones that can help Scott.” Storm said, her eyes went white as she focused on the creatures heading their way. “Lighting I summon you!” She called, holding her arm up. The others all watched as a lightning bolt struck the middle of the army and scattered the oncoming group even more.

“Whoo wheee! Now that darlin was one sweet shot.” Bo said over the radio.

“All right, now it’s my turn.” Havoc said, the blonde walked closer to the incoming forces and clenched his hands. The white circle on his chest glowed brightly, he then fired a bolt of white cosmic energy that sliced a new hole through the advancing monster forces.

“So how do we explain this one to Colonels Finn and O’Neil?” One soldier asked, as the various witches and wizards added fire spells into the mix of dynamite arrows and mutant powers that were blowing the undead up.

“And to think we thought those arrows of theirs were useless or overkill.” Another said, as he watched as 15 of the zombies were blown away by one arrow.

“Well things can’t get much more humiliating now can they? I mean we’ve just been saved by farmers, witches and mutants.” Another said.

“Oh yeah? Imagine being saved by someone just slightly over 5 ft dressed in a cheerleader outfit, valley girl accent, and might weigh over a hundred pound if she had a really heavy sword strapped on her back and she was soaking wet, and you’ll know how some of the Sunnydale swim and football teams felt.” Xander informed the group of military men. The soldiers grimaced at that before they raised their weapons and began shooting at the things. The potentials smirked as the soldiers realized what they had the potential to do now.

Conner watched for a minute before he realized that while they were busy watching they were being flanked by more of the unholy creatures that were coming from the sides. He grabbed two of the soldiers and shoved them toward the trucks. “When I tell ya to, I want the two of ye to burn rubber.”

“We’ll go with them.” Jesse Duke said, as he and Cooter followed after the two. The two Hazzard men each slid behind the wheel of a truck, ignoring the protests of the soldiers as they revved the engines up.

The Highlander jumped into the back of a truck and looked around, he found what he wanted and after gesturing to Xander and the potentials they lifted one of the crates up and out. Conner tore open the crate and found just what he needed, he drew a broadsword and handed it to Xander then began handing out small lightweight swords to the girls. “Ye may not have enhanced strength and speed just yet, but ye do have some skill with these weapons already. Hopefully those skills will be enough to help in the fight that we have coming.” He said as he handed a blade to one girl.

“No offense and all to you, but swords aren’t exactly going to stop those things.” One of the potentials said as she took a few swipes with the sword as she got adjusted to the sword’s weight.

“Not as they are now, no they won’t. Conner agreed, as he examined the lightweight blades that the girls would be using. “But if these regular blades were turned into flaming blades, how much damage do ye think that they would do to our little problem?”

Xander grinned at this. “I say light me up!”

“Aye as do I. Professor Flitwick can ye charm these blades to be on fire?”

The small man squeaked in excitement, as he began casting the required charms. “There that should work be careful with those things though they are dangerous.” The small man informed the group.

“Aye, we’ll do our best.” Conner slammed the hilt of his flaming weapon on the side of the truck. “Go! Get that stuff out of here!” The trucks tires squealed as they tore off two arrows forced the inferi to pull back.


Buffy shook her head as the last traces of the vision faded away. “Remind me to never make that big guy mad.” The Slayer said, shaking her head. She knew when it came to raw power that both of those big guys more than likely outclassed her in more ways than she would like to think. Knowing this was kind of humbling, but in a good way. She hadn’t had that kind of problem really since, well since Adam or maybe Glory and they had been bad guys so she couldn’t depend on them to help out. She would have to remember that the half giant was someone to stay on the good side of though.

“Only if you promise to do the same for me.” Angel returned to the Slayer.

“Done.”

“Good, let’s go then while the Dark wizards are distracted then.” The two nodded communicating silently, and grabbed the SG-1 archeologist by the arms and rushed through the door followed by Methos. The group then did flying leaps over the fence and landed behind some headstones.

“Um a little warning next time?” Daniel asked, as he held his hand in a bit of pain from the jumping then being dragged down onto the ground.

“Sorry, we were a bit busy what with the getting shot at, two major fights, and not to mention crazy visions that forced their way into our minds of a fight that occurred.” Buffy drawled at the man, the Slayer then pulled the man’s knife out of its sheath, looked at it then tossed it over the headstone. They heard a cry of pain and Daniel looked in shock, as he saw a follower of Seth lying on the ground with his knife stuck in his stomach. Daniel shivered, he knew the minute that the man pulled the weapon out the other man would most likely bleed to death.

“Don’t waste your breath being concerned.” Angel said, sensing the objection the man was about to raise. He had seen wannabe peace mongers enough to see the signs. Though this was one of the first that he knew that carried multiple guns on his body. “We have a lot more of them to deal with.” He then pointed to five robed figures and nine figures holding guns and staff weapons. Two soldiers popped out from their cover and ran in a leapfrog fashion spraying a quick stream of bullets at the enemy before they came up near the Slayer and the infiltration team.

“Commander Summers, it’s good to see you again.” One of the soldiers cried out. “So how do we deal with this problem?”

“Let’s see, we’re out manned and outgunned as is usual when things start going bad. I guess we got to figure a way to outthink them.”

“And that way would be?” Methos asked. “Cause I personally would like to get out of here without dying again.”

“No idea yet.” The Slayer said cheerfully. “Personally I thought we could just fake it until we came up with something. I mean plans with floor plans and stuff so rarely go the way we want them to anyways.”

“You’d think that I would have remembered that.” Angel said lightly. “Instead I had to trust Fred that, that kind of thing would work, and then Gwen went and beat me to the punch.”

“You sure it wasn’t just the fact that you shouldn’t let Watchers help you with the planning?” Buffy asked with a smile, as she took a minor dig at Wesley.

“Yeah, pretty sure I could trust him at that time.” Angel said, forgetting whom he was talking to. Buffy frowned at the wording of that particular statement before she decided to worry about it later.

“All right, let’s do this now shall we?” Amanda asked, as she slid out of a shadow, and startled Daniel and the SGC soldiers. Before they could make a move though something changed, the magic users all disappeared with loud pops and even the Jaffa wannabe’s appeared concerned over the fact that their allies had just ran away for some unknown reason.

“Okay, that was a surprise.” Daniel said with some amazement. “Anyone know what would make a bunch of magic wielding death troops take off like that?”

“Nope, it’s not like they could sense our power, and I doubt that would impress them anyways.”

“Then what scared them off, and do we have to fight it?” One of the soldiers asked, as he tossed Dr. Jackson a gun.

“That is a good question, why would they leave with odds that are nearly two to one at least as far as they knew that is.” Methos said, as he studied the area with the practiced eye of a person who slipped through the cracks to avoid trouble of all sorts his entire extra long life. “And why are they so cavalier about what happens to their allies? Does this point out dissension in the ranks, or maybe a case of too many generals?”

“Or too many evil bad guys who are too busy with their own stupid idiotic plans to take over the world that they can’t seem to realize that they need to be working together.” Buffy pointed out.

“And would you actually want them to get along?” Daniel asked her.

“No, not really, but it is fun to make fun of them and be able to point it out at the victory party later.” Buffy said with a grin earning a chuckle from Angel.

“Well then save it for the party princess.” Methos snapped, as he eyed the area suspiciously.

Angel sniffed and let out a disgusted snort. “I hate zombies.” He growled to no one in particular.

“Huh?” The others all asked, but then jumped back toward the fence that surrounded the temple they had just left. They watched as figures began pulling themselves out of the ground. Buffy and Angel grimaced as they saw the undead rise, in some cases the figures that rose were the deformed faces of people that they hadn’t been quite fast enough to save, or in Angel’s case he had actually placed a couple of them in the ground. He recognized at least two different figures, that was the thing with zombies the amount of decomposition didn’t matter to them they still rose.

“I got a really bad feeling about this.” Daniel said, as he looked at his gun and then at the zombies.

“Join the club Solo.” One of the soldiers bit out, as he saw the figures pull themselves out.

“Um Buff, I’m not sure, but there’s something off about those zombies. I’m feeling really dark magic’s around here. Offhand I’d say these are a type of drone zombie.”

“What? You mean there’s more than one kind of zombie?” One of the soldiers asked, as the force began marching toward the exit oblivious to the fact that there were a half dozen living beings for them to feast on at the moment.

“Of course there are.” Buffy, Angel and Methos said.

“Really?” Daniel asked with a bit of interest. “What are the different types of zombies then? I thought they were all one type. Course I didn’t think they actually existed before tonight either.” He said as he eyed the creatures with interest.

“Nope, there’s your drone type like these guys that just march and make the occasional wailing noise, but stay quiet for the most part.” Angel said as he watched the creatures.

“They’re the ones that you see in the movies.” Buffy supplied, as she readied her scythe.

“Then there’s the leader type, who have all the memories of the former bodies, they can talk the same languages that they could talk before hand, and can somehow control drone types. They’re similar to vampires in their own way actually. They usually have their control through some type of jewelry like a pendant or a medal or something like that. The only thing is they’re a tad bit more vulnerable than the drones. So when you take them out, the drones usually go back to their graves.” Angel said adding into the simplified explanation.

“Vulnerable how?” Daniel asked.

“Well usually the leader types you take apart their bodies or cast a certain type of spell and they die, but with drone types you usually have to have a certain element to destroy them usually fire or water.” Buffy informed the man. “Though there are a few types that if you shoot them enough times they might die, or it could be because their bodies are too filled with metal that they can’t move, or you blew their limbs off.”

“Yeah, are you telling me that you never played ‘Zombies Ate My Neighbors’ when you were a kid Dr. Jackson?” One of the soldiers asked with a smirk on his face.

“Only in this fight there’s no giant baby to fight as a boss.” Buffy returned at the soldier who merely laughed.

“So do they really regenerate?” Daniel asked, ignoring the fact that they were actually referring to video games at a time like this.

“If they have the energy to.” Angel answered cryptically.

“And where do they get the energy?” Daniel pressed.

“Same way we get energy, they have to eat. Unfortunately they prefer their food to still be moving.” Buffy returned.

“So are they capable of communication at all? Perhaps the growls they do are some form of communication.” Daniel speculated as he eyed the creatures looking for any signs that the growls or gestures that they made had any type of meaning.

“Do you always ask useless questions mixed in with decent questions?” Buffy asked him curiously. “I mean I can understand asking about how to kill them but how talk with them? Next thing I know you’re going to want to know how to play Simon says with them.”

“And since these are drone types what do you reckon will happen?” A soldier asked, while Daniel gaped at the slight insult.

“Most likely they’ll head either to their master, or they’ll be heading somewhere that he wants them to go to.”

“Master?”

“The guy who made them decide that they didn’t need to be taking a dirt nap right now.” The group paused as a small force of the creatures turned to look at them, the followers of Seth had been eaten at the beginning since they had been standing in front of the gate. The fence that had surrounded the graveyard had long since fallen down though.

“Damn.” The two champions said, as around two hundred of the zombies turned to face them.

“Any last words?” One of the men said grimly.

“Um not really.” Daniel said.

“Okay, just though I’d check.”

“Go for the limbs.” Buffy said.

“Or the heads, whichever you prefer.” Angel finished before flashing the Slayer a grin. “There’s always something happening around you isn’t there?”

“You know me, I’m Miss Excitement.” The Slayer shot back at her friend.

“And here I was afraid I was going to miss a couple of hours of Jack and Sam flirting while in a bad situation.” Daniel mumbled to himself. The Slayer and Vampire shot the Archeologist a glare before focusing on the army.

“So any ideas?”

“Well, we either run as fast as we can and pray that this bunch doesn’t have any speed whatsoever, or we stand here and fight them.” Angell answered.

“All those for running?” The Slayer and ensouled Vampire grinned as the group began assaulting the creatures with their guns. They saw the first row of the zombies stagger back as bullets struck them at waist and knee height. They grimaced though, as this didn’t really slow them down. “Okay, that’s not going to work.” The Slayer said, as she took an uncertain step back. “New plan people, we leap frog it. Doc you and one of the soldier boys start running about twenty yards. Methos you and Amanda go with them, when you get there cover us the best you can. Go!” The four took off leaving the other three behind. Buffy and Angel each held their weapons ready if the creatures got close enough. Buffy swung her scythe, and broke a heavy branch off a nearby tree and threw the branch like a javelin, and watched as it skewered a couple of the zombies they continued to push till they were free and were able to march onward.

“Come on!” The three rushed off from where they were standing and made it toward the fence, the two champions grabbed a fallen headstone and flung it toward the creatures crushing two of the creatures. “This is going to be a long night at this rate.” Methos said, as he watched a handful of bullets ripped an arm off the monsters.

“He’s right commander we won’t be able to keep this up for long, and we know that those things have friends who are probably giving some of the others troubles.”

“So any ideas?”

“Run them over with a car?” The Immortal suggested hopefully.

Buffy grinned as she looked at Amanda. “That idea is so crazy that it might actually work.” The Slayer said to the Immortal. “What do you think Angel?”

“There’s a moving truck.” The vampire said, pointing ahead to a big truck that was sitting there in the shadows. “Guess the movers couldn’t wait to get out of town.”

“I’ll get it started.” One of the soldiers said, as he ran on ahead and began to hotwire the truck while the others stayed to slow the zombies down.

Methos shifted his feet nervously as the things got close enough for him to use his sword. “How long will it probably take him to start that truck up?”

“Depends on how bad a shape the truck is in, and how good he is at hotwiring stuff.” Angel said, as he did a spin that opened the stomachs of three of the zombies, and cut off the wrists of four others on the back swing. The things didn’t even react as they lost their limbs.

“This is getting us nowhere people!” Amanda said,. “Maybe if we split up?”

“With fifty a piece going at us?” The Slayer asked with a mocking smile. “Come on now, how long do you really think you’d last?”

“As long as I made it past you I’d be okay.” The woman said with a mocking smirk as she removed the legs from one of the creatures.

“Trust me, you can’t outrun me.” The Slayer bantered back as she spun catching the arms of three of the creatures.

“Maybe not, but are you saying you could just turn and run? You’re too noble to do that my dear and that will be your downfall one of these days.” The Immortal said as she decapitated two figures who were set upon by their partners.

“Yeah but it keeps my life interesting.” Buffy countered as she sliced through the mass of arms that was reaching for them.

"They are aware that we’re fighting for our lives right?" The remaining soldier questioned Daniel and Angel as he watched the two fight and talk.

"That’s just the way Buffy is." Angel returned with a knowing grin having missed the madness that was Buffy Summers in combat. “Buffy, we have to run we can’t stand here any longer or we’ll be brought down.” He informed her.

“Move.” The Slayer said, they all nodded and ran towards the truck, which finally rumbled to life. The soldier pulled the emergency break and jumped out of the cab, they watched as the truck drove into the zombies.

“What did you do that for?” Methos shouted at the soldier that was picking himself up.

“Shut up!” The soldier growled at the Immortal, as he pushed a button in his hand they all watched as a large explosion came from the truck and burned a large number of zombies with it.

“All right I’m impressed.” The vampire said, as they saw that around 80 of the undead creatures were now noting more than ash, and another 20 of them either had burns or lost limbs.

“C4.” The soldier explained to the others. “Never go on a mission without it.”

“Good thing.” Angel said as he eyed the small fire that blocked the zombies from getting backup.

“Yeah come on they’re out of the fight for now though. We have people to help out though cause I doubt anyone else is going to be happy to be seeing those things.” The slayer said, as she led them toward one of their three bases.


Harry wasn’t sure what it was, but he could sense something out there just beyond his sight or maybe hidden where he couldn’t see. The feeling he had was of a dark creature or creatures. He looked over at Thanos, who pawed the ground in anticipation. The flying horse obviously knew that soon there would be bloodshed on this night. Remus stared into the dark and glared. “What is it Remus? What’s out there?” He questioned his former teacher.

“Trouble cub.” The werewolf answered, as his amber eyes glowed in the night, as he felt with both his magic and his senses for what was out there.

“Looking for me Mooney?” A mocking voice asked, as Sirius Black strode out of a shadow.

“What are you doing here?” Remus asked, as he positioned himself between the trio and the First.

“Now, now Mooney, is that anyway to greet an old friend? And I thought you were supposed to be the nice one.” The image of Sirius Black said mockingly as he strode toward them.” Remus shook in anger and fear, as the image stopped before him. “So tell me Remus old buddy old pal, did you even bother helping my godson grieve, or did you ignore him completely? I find it simply amazing when you can find the time to bother about Harry and me. I mean the boy didn’t even know you or I existed till he was what thirteen years old?” Remus rocked on his feet, as if he had been gut punched and hung his head in shame.

“Remus. Mooney, don’t listen to him, it’s not really him.” Harry said, as he stood beside his friend placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

“Doesn’t mean he’s not right though.” Remus ground out as he looked at the smirking figure of his friend.

You did what you thought was right. Harry told the werewolf.

“Yes he’s right,” Hermione said nodding with her friend, “besides you had a life of your own to live and with all of your friends dead or in prison you were in no condition mentally to be of any use to anyone. However, it’s time for you to find a life outside of the Marauders or you’ll never be able to do anything.” The witch lectured her former teacher.

“They’re right Remus you have got to let them go stop living in the past and your self-pity.” Tonks told the werewolf. “You need to live in the here and now.” Remus reluctantly nodded as he raised his head and wand toward the figure.

The First scowled at the figures surrounding the werewolf. “Well, look at the time, other people to torment later folks. Be sure to give my regards to the rest of the people you see.” With a flash of light he was gone leaving a shaken Remus.

“Now what?” Ron asked, as he helped Remus sit down.

“Now you die boy.” A figure said, as it stepped into the light. They all turned and looked up and saw the figures that were now standing up to them. They were a group of Warlocks, they had been promised a chance at the fabled Charmed Ones but these children would be a good practice run on what they would do to the Charmed Ones.

“Alongside the Warlocks stood a couple of Immortals who all had drawn weapons ready in case there was more to this place than met the eyes. The Winchesters each brought up a weapon and trained it on the newly arrived group. “Drop the blades or I’ll put a couple of slugs in you.” Dean threatened, his shotgun leveled at the sword wielders.

“That thing would probably be of more use against them than it would be on us boy.” The leader of the Immortals said smugly, as he raised his sword in a guard position.

“That may be, but perhaps you could allow me to distract you?” An accented voice said. The group turned and saw Richie and Joe standing behind Duncan, the two immortals held their swords ready.

“Ah one of the infamous Highlander’s. You are the one that was born Duncan are you not? Of course the youngling at your side is all the real proof that I need of that, everyone knows that you travel with the old man and the boy.”

“Come then, I believe you wanted a fight.” Duncan said beckoning them forward. The Immortals nodded, as they stepped forward two of the five stepped forward while the others stood back to let the others through.

“Sammy, we got our own problems to deal with.” Dean said, as he turned to face the warlocks.

Sam nodded in agreement as he pointed his own gun at the monsters. “Looks like it. Think we got the right kind of stuff to deal with these things?”

“Only one way to find out.” Dean said, as he shot a round of rock salt at his Warlock while Sam shot a stream of fire at the other two who blinked themselves to the side.

The warlock Dean had shot staggered back rubbing his shoulder where he had been hit. “If you want to play we’ll play.” One of the Warlocks snarled, as he shot a ball of energy at the brothers who ducked under the blast.

“What do we do Remus?” Hermione asked, as she took a few steps back from the fights that were occurring on either side of them. On one side there was swordsmen waving their blades around as they battled each other, and on the other there was three Warlocks shooting it out with the Winchester brothers.

“Right now we keep our shield charms up Hermione.” Remus said, as he felt an energy ball slam into his shield knocking him back a few steps.

“How long do you think we can keep this pace up though professor?” Ron asked, as he felt a bullet slam into his own shield

“He’s right Remus, we can’t stay here.” Tonks said, we’ll have to side along them out of here.”

“Not happening blood traitor.” A new voice said, as a new figure stepped out of the shadows.

“Oh come on, how many more of you are there out here!” The Auror asked in annoyance, as she dropped into a dueler’s stance.

“As many as needed to deal with you pathetic wannabe heroes blood traitor.” The figure said as it stepped forward, it dropped beneath a stunner and swung a leg out that knocked the witch off her feet. “Contrary to popular belief, not all muggle methods are useless either.”

“Who are you?” Remus asked, as he brought his wand up.

“Me? Why I’m merely a trainer.”

“Trainer for what?”

“Well, since you asked so nicely I’ll show you.” The man said, raising his hand and snapped his fingers. The wizards heard the sound of growling and inched closer together nervously. “I’m sure my pets will have fun with all of you.” The group stood back to back, as twenty wild looking dog-like creatures began circling them.

“W-wha-what are they Professor?” Ron asked, as he tried to stand tall against these things.

“They’re called hellhounds Ron.” Hermione said, as she bit her lip worriedly. “They’re bred to do two things.”

“And what might that be?” Harry asked, as he watched the glowing eyes of the creatures.

“To hunt down and kill anything and to guard places.” Remus said, as he warily eyed the monsters that were now facing them. “They’re not terribly agreeable to wand magic either, in fact they shrug off a number of spell and usually have to be killed with a blade of some kind.”

“Deal with the other magic users.” A new voice said, as a lanky figure walked out of the mansion. Everyone turned to look as a green haired man stood in front of them. Oz stood there clad only in a pair of ripped jeans and shoes that were on the verge of falling apart.

“Are you sure? They’re not exactly easy to kill.”

“Be like prom night.” Oz said shrugging the concern off, as he faced off against the hellhounds. Remus looked like he wanted to say something, but the popping sounds of more Death Eaters appearing shut him off. He was just going to have to hope that Oz could survive long enough against the creatures so that either one of the wizards or one of the demon hunters were able to turn their attention to them. Though personally he thought that he was leaving a brave young man to die.

“You ready to die muggle?” The trainer of the hellhounds asked with glee, as he prepared to have the muggle killed. After the green haired fool was dead he would then have the werewolf and the Potter boy’s friends killed, leaving the brat for the Dark Lord to deal with. ‘He would be greatly awarded for doing this task.’

The boy smiled softly at this. “Watch.” Was all he said, before he let out a painful grunt and the Death Eater watched the impossible happen. This boy was actually changing before his eyes. He watched in shock as bones shifted, his face became longer, his teeth and nails lengthened, and fur covered his body. The monster before him was about a foot and half taller than he had been when he was human and had muscles all over. The werewolf let out a loud howl that froze the Death Eaters.

Remus looked fearfully where the moon was, and saw only a half moon. “Impossible.” The man whispered in amazement as he spun around to see the werewolf that was surrounded by the hell hounds.

“What?” Harry asked.

Remus stared in awe at the werewolf before he began to explain to the boy beside him. “He can actually control when he changes, he’s like an animagus, only he changes into a werewolf.”

“I didn’t think that was supposed to be possible though.” Tonks said, as she stared in disbelief at the creature that opened and shut his clawed hands a few times. The werewolf let out another howl, and lunged at the terrified Death Eater that was master of the hellhounds. The werewolf dropped on top of the man, and then ripped his throat out. The death of their master seemed to awaken the hellhounds, as five of them let out howls of rage and slammed into the werewolf, knocking the bigger creature down to the ground and the animal fight was on.

Remus and Tonks turned to the Death Eaters that they had to deal with. Remus smiled in a feral way and let what of his wolf that he could take over. It wasn’t much, but it was enough to allow him to move hairbreadths faster than most people did, and it might be enough to keep him and the others alive.


Dean ducked a fireball of some sort, and fired at the warlock who disappeared and reappeared five feet to the left. ‘Damn it, why couldn’t the guy just stand and fight instead of porting all around the street?’ Dean turned and fired at the creature again this time making it stagger. ‘Gotchya.’

“Rock salt?” The warlock asked as it glanced down at where it had been hit. “I’ve been blinking away from rock salt attacks all this time?”

“Well, it’s not my fault that you kept getting out of the way before they hit you.” Dean pointed out with a cocky smirk. “I also wanted to see if rock salt would hurt you in anyway.”

“Think it’s funny that I wasted valuable power in dodging you mortal?”

“Well now that you mention it, yeah.” Dean tossed his shotgun at the Warlock, then pulled out his handgun and fired into the thing. The Warlock batted the shotgun away and reared back with a fireball. Dean couldn’t help but smirk, at the shocked expression of the Warlock as it actually felt the bullets. “Those bullets were made with your kind in mind pal.” Dean said, as he examined the shoulder wound that the warlock now had.

“I’m not done yet mortal.” The Warlock said, before it spun around and began running toward his two friends that Sam had been holding off with the flamethrower.

“Yeah you are.” Dean said as he shot again catching the demon right between the shoulders. A preacher had blessed the bullets and he had a couple of crosses engraved on the bullets and a few of them had magic writings on them as well. He doubted that the bullets would kill a pure demon, hell he didn’t think a gun had been made that could do that just yet fortunately he wasn’t dealing with a pure demon but a Warlock instead. And Warlocks were only slightly more powerful than a basic magic user. The Warlock staggered to the ground, but somehow managed to get back up. Dean was about to finish the thing off, when one of the other creatures disappeared from fighting with Sam and reappeared next to him and sucker punched him in the side of the head. The Warlock grabbed the older brother and tossed him into a bush.

“You’re dead mortal.” The Warlock said, sneering as he took several steps closer.

“Not yet I’m not ugly.” Dean returned, as he brought his feet up and kicked at the demon. His feet missed the knee, but they hit the Warlock in the ankle, he smiled as he heard the bone snap. He hadn’t thought that he would get that good of a shot in. He crawled back up, and looked at the Warlock who was gritting its teeth while it stood up. “You might want to sit down before you mess that up.” Dean mocked, as his eyes roamed around for his weapon. He was also looking for any more bad guys, he wouldn’t be surprised if the lord of the ring rejects came back for another pass to make them weak. If Xavier hadn’t frozen everybody when he had he was pretty sure that he would be in a lot worse situation than he was right now.

“How can a human like you manage to cause so much damage to our kind?” The warlock asked, as a ball of energy appeared in its hand.

“What can I say, it’s a gift that I’ve got. I’m just a real pain in the ass when it comes to Demons, Warlocks, spirits and just about anything else that I run into that’s magical.” Dean said smugly as he backed up from the monster, and taking a few steps to the side they began circling each other. Dean almost cursed when he heard another energy ball powering up. He looked behind him to see the Warlock that he shot up earlier climbing to it’s feet an energy ball in one of its hands. “Hey man, I shot you, you’re supposed to stay down.” The Hunter complained.

“You didn’t kill me though, even with those special made bullets of yours Hunter.” The warlock mocked at the elder Winchester.

“Well I guess I’ll just have to try something else then.” Dean said as realized that he had been boxed in between the two monsters.

“Die now hunter.” One of the creatures growled, as they both threw their energy balls at the demon hunter.

Dean jumped off to the side, and watched as the balls missed him and instead struck the warlocks. “Hell yeah!” Dean crowed smirking at the ash piles. “That’ll teach ya to underestimate Dean Winchester”. He looked down at his hands, and saw that throwing himself to the side had rubbed his hands raw and that he would be a little slowed down in the next part of the fight. He turned and saw that Sammy was still trading shots with his Warlock. Sammy was keeping the son of a bitch back with his flamethrower, of course that tank was also making Sammy move a lot slower and allowing the Warlock to come a lot closer than Dean was comfortable with. He pulled his knife out and flung it and watched as the blade dug into the monsters throwing arm. The Warlock turned to look at Dean, and was engulfed in a stream of fire. The thing screamed for a moment or two and then blew up. “Took you long enough to take care of that thing.” Dean teasingly admonished his brother. “I mean I was able to take down two of them while you were stuck with just that.”

“And you look so great after dealing with them.” Sam shot at his brother, as he wiped a trickle of blood off of his face.

“Hey I had to deal with two of them and still help you with yours not to mention that I’m still better looking than you pal. Course you don’t give me a whole lot to work against either string bean.”

“Listen you vertically challenged blond.”

“You boys did good.” Joe said, interrupting the banter, as he looked them over for a moment or two.

“Thanks old man, but what about them?” Dean asked, as he pointed at Conner and Ritchie fighting with the other Immortals. Duncan was using his usual fine style to hold off the Immortal that he was facing, while Ritchie used the surrounding area to assist him in his fight since he was obviously overmatched when it came to sword skill. Though the boy was getting better with the experience that hanging around the Highlanders gave him.

“There is no interfering allowed boys, once the fight gets going the rules say that there’s nothing more that I can do until after the fight is over. With the stroke of a sword those fights can go either way, the only question is which way.”

Dean and Sam nodded in reluctant acceptance, they understood that things had to be balanced from time to time, that didn’t mean that they had to like it though, besides the fighters were all moving too fast for them to be sure that a bullet would get close enough to hit who they wanted and a bullet hitting the wrong person could be a bad thing right now. The three of them turned and looked at the wizards that were hopping around shooting dangerous brightly colored beams of light at each other, as soon as they caught their second wind they would help with that group. The brothers turned and saw that Buffy Summers was leading a group of three people in army clothes and three in dark clothes carrying swords.

One of the dark clothed men and the Slayer stopped for a moment, they looked over at the werewolf that was being swarmed by hellhounds farther down the street. “Oz!” They shouted, and then ran down that way the soldiers readied themselves to back them up.

Amanda tiredly fell to the ground, she had already taken one quickening this night and then began running and fighting she needed a break.

Joe Dawson looked at her with concern before he nodded in understanding. “How bad was it?” The man asked with concern in his voice.

“I won didn’t I?” The woman asked with a superior smirk on her face. “He just had a really powerful quickening, and then I got into a standoff fight with cult worshipers then a running battle with zombies. Thank god for C4 though.”

“Sounds like you’ve been having fun then.” The bartender said, as he watched Duncan duck beneath a deadly slash, and put a shallow cut on his opponents arm.

“Oh you know it handsome. “

“So, do we help any of them?” Dean asked as leaned against a doorframe.

“Who? The wizards are doing stuff that is hard to track, unless you want to jump in and fight a bunch of hell hounds that is.” Sam asked his brother.

“Shit! How about you help me deal with those guys instead.” Dean said pointing, as the Dementors came back for another pass at them. The brothers picked up their shotguns since the flamethrower was running low on fuel, and had been a pain to keep lit around the demons anyways. The brothers both cocked their sawed off shotguns and fired at the black cloaked figures that were making their way toward them. The brothers watched, as the creatures were holding back not coming any closer to them.


Harry was tiring as he fired a reducto at the feet of a Death Eater then ducked a crucio. He raised his shield as a yellow curse flew at him, the force of the curse nearly knocked him on his back, but his shield held. Harry took a deep breath then cast a stunner that was blocked. Harry cursed to himself. The Death Eaters were all older and more experienced than Harry and his friends, and while he had spent the last year riding his broom, arguing with his friends and snogging Ginny the Death Eaters had been training themselves up.

Remus skipped to the side as a silver colored curse flew past him and he returned with a blue spell of his own. The werewolf was faring better against two Death Eaters than the trio was faring against one opponent each. Tonks was also dueling fiercely with another death eater. Harry wasn’t sure, but he thought they were trading the same kind of insults as he and Malfoy usually did. He shook his hair out of his face and readied himself to dodge another spell. He slipped out of the way and sent a bombarding charm at the Death Eater. The Death Eater dodged out of the way and slid behind a hedge. Harry spun and sent a stunner toward the Death Eater Hermione was fighting with. The Death Eater was busy being on the defensive as much as the offense since Hermione had a better knowledge of spells. The Death Eater still was caught off guard by the spell and went down.

“So this is the infamous Weasel eh?” The Death Eater fighting Ron asked using the hated family nickname that most of the Slytherins used at one point or another when talking to him.

Ron gritted his teeth, he dodged one spell then surprised them all by trying a different method jumping on top of the Death Eater and began to beat the Death Eater with his fists. He started with a blow to the gut then a overhand blow to the back of the Death Eater’s head he then began kicking the bewildered Death Eater in the arms and the stomach and a few in the face causing cracks in the white mask. “Don’t. Call. Me. Weasel.” The teen said making his point by kicking the Death Eater after every word.

“Easy there Ron.” Hermione said, as she came to stand beside the angry redhead. He’s not worth it.

“Besides, you’ve knocked the prat out.” Harry added with a grin.

Ron returned the grin and basked in the glory of having his friends there with him. “So now what mate?”

“Well we could always help professor, er Remus and Tonks out.” The raven-haired boy said with a grin.

“Oh yes!” Hermione said in surprise and embarrassment, as she brought her wand back up and sent a few curses followed by her avis charm at one of the Death Eaters. The two boys teamed up against one of the others stunning him and putting him in a body bind while Hermione’s Death Eater began to spin uncontrollably as he was trapped in a vortex jinx.

“Good job cubs.” Remus said, as he took out the last Death Eater by using his cloak to tie him up and float in the air. Tonks also finished up her fight by summoning some chains that wrapped around the Death Eater.

Harry nodded, and turned to look at the Dementors that were hanging about ten feet away from the Winchester brothers. “Let’s go.” He said tiredly. “Expecto Patronum!”


“Hang on Oz.” Buffy called, as she decapitated one hellhound. Angel skewered one and flung another into a tree. The two champions fought to the side of their friend.

“Looking good Oz.” Angel complimented the werewolf, as they now stood back to back in a defensive triangle. The werewolf grunted an answer at the vampire, but kept his eyes on the creatures that surrounded them.

The hellhounds circled the trio warily, these beings had already destroyed a dozen of their numbers and had also destroyed their master. The scent of blood covered them, all the blood of their master and the blood of others. They began attacking, the three heroes all three jumped high in the air with their enhanced muscles and leaped over the monsters and spun and slashed behind them slicing the backs of several of the beasts.

“So how long do you think we can do this?” Buffy asked, as she ducked one hellhound that had leapt at her face, another darted in and slashed her back. The blonde bit her lip to hold the scream in as she spun around and used the Mr. Pointy part of her scythe.

“It would be rather embarrassing to get taken down by a bunch of hellhounds after everything that we’ve taken out.” Angel said, as he skipped out of the way of some snapping jaws. Angel kicked the hellhound in the jaw, and watched as it flew several feet into the air before it landed on the ground. As the creature struggled to its feet the soldiers unloaded several bullets into the creature bringing it down. Angel turned and watched as Oz tore through three of the creatures. He looked off and saw that more of the hellhounds were coming without their master they were coming to the call of battle that their pack was growling out.

“Tell me, how does a guy manage to raise nearly fifty hellhounds?” The slayer asked, as she twirled like a dancer as she sliced and diced her way through the hellhounds.

“Lack of a love life?” Angel asked.

“And like you have one?” Buffy shot back, but there was a hint of curiosity and jealousy in her voice.

“Not really, but then again I make it my business to kill the hellhounds and evil stuff of the world. How’s your love life been anyways?”

“Confusing.” The Slayer admitted, as she broke the neck of one hellhound. She turned and saw the soldier boys were hurting the second wave of hellhounds. The Winchester brothers and the wizards were dealing with characters that looked like they walked out of a corny horror movie. A few more shots and soon the hellhounds were amongst them and they were back to hacking and slashing the hellhounds. Buffy looked over at Oz, he was slowing down, and had a number of claw and bite marks where he had been struck. The two champions tore through the group, and forced the hellhounds back away from the werewolf who stood behind the two champions growling. The soldiers finished the hounds off with one last strong burst. As the last of the hounds fell Buffy and Oz/werewolf fell to the ground.

“Buffy!” Angel called, as he caught the Slayer. She was extremely weak after the beatings that she had taken, and needed time to heal, she also needed to see someone about her sliced open back. The ensouled vampire thought, as he looked with worry at Oz who was slowly shifting back into his human form.

“What, you haven’t figured out how to dye your fur yet?” Angel joked.

“Working on it.” Oz returned to the vampire that was holding the Slayer.

“C’mon let’s see if we can do anything to help them.” Angel said, Oz nodded and picked up the Scythe where Buffy had dropped it. He sniffed at the blade for a moment before he jerked his head back. “Silver?” The vampire asked with interest.

“Silver dust.”

“Great, just be careful with it, there’s no telling what else that thing has in it.” Angel said as he cradled the wounded Slayer in his arms protectively. The two of them watched as the Winchester brothers began to take slow steps back away from the creatures, and joined the five wand users.

“Any ideas? We can’t exactly do a whole lot to these guys.” Dean shouted. “And sooner or later they’re going to tire,” he nodded at the wand users, “and we’re going to run out of ammo.” He emphasized this by slamming more rock salt into his sawed off shotgun.

“Maybe a binding circle will work on them.” Sam suggested as he gut shot one.

“Do you think we really have the time to do something as drawn out as that?” Dean snarked.

“Do you have a better idea? Cause I’d love to hear them.” Sam retorted.

“Show me what you need.” Remus said.

Nodding Sam handed the older wizard his father’s journal with a picture of the binding circle along with some chalk. The wizard waved his wand and muttered and the chalk broke into four parts, and then the bits of chalk began scribbling out the required design.

“Man where have you been hiding all these years? Dad would so love to be able to pull something like that off. You know Sam, now you really have to learn how to control that whole telekinetic thing of yours. Instead of just knocking stuff out of the way when you get worried you could do something useful like that.” Dean told his brother.

“I‘ll think about it.” Sam said, as the large circle finished being drawn and the pieces of chalk were then reassembled into one big piece of chalk.

“Okay it’s done.” Remus told them.

“Good, now when I tell you to run I want you to run. We have to move fast or they might notice the binding circle.” Sam told them.

“Unless they were forced into it.” Angel said, as he eyed the circle uneasily, as he had no idea how that circle would react to him or Buffy. Since he was holding her he had gotten a deeper taste of her scent, and it was different not quite human, and he really didn’t want to chance her being stuck inside with those things that had a deep sense of evil to them. He also wasn’t sure if he would be able to cross the binding circle once he was inside it. Angelus was a powerful vampire demon, and might trigger the spell, and if it could be triggered by Angelus, it would more than likely be triggered by the demon or whatever it was that gave Buffy her powers.

“And how do you suggest we get past them?” Dean asked.

“Hold onto us and let us do the work. Hermione take Ron, Tonks take the brothers I’ve got Harry. We’ll send someone back for you in just a moment.” The others watched as Harry grabbed onto Angel and Oz and suddenly apparated them to the other side of the Dementors.

“Did he just side along three other people?” Tonks asked in shock, as she looked at the group on the other side of the Dementors in awe. The teen cast his patronus again and sent his stag flying after the Dementors.

Ron and Hermione chuckled in grim amusement as they followed after their friend, and joined him in casting their patronuses. “So are we going or not?” Dean asked.

“Right.” Remus mumbled, as he grabbed onto Dean’s bicep and disappeared with a crack. Tonks followed while holding onto Sam. The group then began to send multiple shots at the Dementors who began backing away as the multiple patronuses and the rock salt began slamming into them. The creatures fled a few feet away and waited and watched as the magic users and hunters paused. The Dementors gathered their strength and charged at the group, but were forced back 20 feet away from the group who all stood there waiting.

“Great thinking guys.” Dean said, clapping Sam and Remus on the back as the Dementors struggled against the Binding Circle. He looked over the shoulder of one of the Dementors and watched as the Ritchie kid finally managed to take the other immortal’s head, and they all watched as a second lighting storm began to brew. Dean and Harry smiled even bigger as they watched one of the Dementors catch on fire from some stray lightning bolts.

“Can we get to a medical base now?” Angel asked, holding the Slayer in his arms up impatiently. “We need to get these claw marks taken care of soon.”

“Right, we have a medical base that we can use, and hopefully Poppy will go there instead of trying to go back to this house.” Remus said, as he saw the Dementors were dangerously close to one of the doorways.

“Come on let’s go wolfie,” Tonks said, “besides we all know you have a lot of questions for Oz.”

“Right, let’s go.” Dean said as he motioned toward his Impala. Angel nodded and laid her in the back with her head resting in his lap. Dean and Sam followed after in their own seats while Remus made a portkey to the medical bay for the rest of them.
Sign up to rate and review this story