Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Family Reunion

Family Ghosts

by texaswookie 0 reviews

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-06-12 - Updated: 2012-06-13 - 6568 words - Complete

0Unrated
The texaswookie groans as he dodges a couple of fireballs that were being thrown at him. “Why do I keep on putting myself into these situations?” The writer wonders, as he dodges yet another fireball.

“You could tell the readers what zhey should hear.” Fleur Delacour said as she conjured another fireball thanks to her Veela heritage and tossed the ball as fast as she could.

“Fine, fine. I the texaswookie do hereby lay no claim to any of the characters in this nearly complete story only a few more chaps to go hurray!”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family Ghosts




Each group of fighters and warriors that had come could all feel the tension that the night brought. Silently but surely they made their ways toward their close friends and family, as they mentally prepared themselves for the magical equivalent of what was likely to be the Alamo or Custard’s Last Stand, they all knew they were hopelessly outnumbered, but still they prepared themselves for the battle that was coming upon them. Some rested while others merely stared out into the night preparing themselves for the dangers that they would all be facing come tomorrow morning, and how it was likely that none of them were likely to see the stars again after tonight.

Duncan watched silently as his friends rested, of them all Rachel and Ritchie concerned him the most, they were not born into warrior cultures like the McLeods and Methos were, no they were different types of fighters, and he feared that this difference would be what would get them killed in the coming of fight.

“It’s hard isn’t it?” A familiar voice with a French accent asked, “standing there, knowing that while I am dead he is alive.” Duncan steeled himself as he turned away from Ritchie to look at Tessa as she stood there before him dressed in a simple turtleneck sweater and jeans along with designer boots.

“First,” he greeted while he stared at the form that he had loved so dearly, “are you trying to anger me?”

“You knew what he was the entire time didn’t you Duncan?" The First accused while in Tessa’s form. “You knew that sooner or later that he would die and become one of you.”

“Yes I did.” He admitted to the figure.

“And yet you never told me why?”

“It was something that I didn’t want to think about, I never even told him. Ritchie is a great person, but I don’t want to lose him. Besides, Tessa could almost never keep a secret when it came to something to do with Ritchie.” Duncan wore a fond smile, as he remembered the beautiful woman that he had loved so dearly not so long ago.

“He is in some way’s like the child you never had or could, is he not Highlander?”

“Aye that he is, and as such he will forever be protected from you and your kind.” Conner said, as he tossed his covers off and faced the First. “Now then, be gone with ye creature of darkness.”

“Is that how you all feel?”

“Well I can’t exactly say anything for Methos over there and all, and I don’t think that I need to speak for my buddies Duncan and Conner, but I think I’ll be much happier when you get out of our faces and another thing you make a rotten Tess.” Ritchie said from his bed.

“Really, and how can you be so sure?”

“Simple really, it’s all in the eyes, you got none of the warmth that Tess had, so why don’t you go and pick on someone who actually listens to you all right?”

“Very well then Ritchie I’ll consider what you say. By the way, what of you Death, Have you chosen your side? Time is quickly running out, and I would oh so hate to have to kill what was once one of my greatest warrior Generals. I would also hate having wasted so much time and energy talking to you all this time for you to turn your back on me in the end.”

“You’ll know what my final decision is soon enough.” Methos told the figure before him ignoring the stunned looks that were being directed at him by the others.

“Very well so be it, oh and perhaps you should have this to remember me by.” Tessa’s form fell to the ground bleeding from her bullet wounds.

“Tessa!”

“No!”

Methos, Amanda and Conner held their friends back, as the two tried to get to the bleeding figure. Tessa laughed at the two of them. “This is how she died fools.” The First then disappeared with a snap of light.

Ritchie pulled free of Methos hold and eyed him suspiciously. “Get away from me man.”

“Ritchie now is not the time.” Duncan said, as he sagged against his clansman weakly.

“And when is Mac, when he’s ready to take our heads? How can we trust this guy if he won’t even bother telling us that he’s being visited by Evil itself?” The youngest member of the group shot off angrily.

“He has a point Duncan.” Conner said stopping Duncan’s response to the young man. “Can we trust him not to betray us to the First?” Conner looked at the older immortal curiously. “I’d rather not risk my family if I can help it.”

“Yes I think we can, we don’t question Buffy when she gets visits from the First, I think we shall wait and see what happens with Methos before we do anything.” The others nodded and walked back to their beds leaving Duncan and Methos alone. Methos nodded his thanks before he turned to his own bed.

“Methos.”

“Yes?”

“You do betray us, I swear upon my Clan’s honor that its one of the last things that you’ll ever do, I’ll make sure of it.” Duncan threatened before he turned away.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Xavier rested, his duties in the coming fight were going to possibly put a strain on his abilities that he hadn’t had in quite a while. He only hoped that he was actually up to the challenge of what was to come tomorrow, he also hoped he wasn’t leading his students to their deaths.

“You okay there Chuck? Ya look a little bit sick.” Wolverine said, as he came near him.

“Merely thinking of what the coming fight will bring Logan.”

“Don’t worry so much about it Xavier, either we win this fight and go back to our crazy lives, or we die in hell’s throat.” Wolverine said, as he offered Xavier a bottle of beer.

“No, I don’t want any.” Xavier said waving the bottle off. “I must make sure my mind stays clear. My powers are too dangerous to leave unchecked.”

Logan shrugged as he tossed the bottle toward the teens. “That’s fer all of ya ta share.”

“Yes sir.” The girls said with grins as they dragged Bobby off to find some cups.

“Logan.” Xavier reprimanded the Canadian.

“What?” Logan asked, as he toyed with his uniform.

“You know what.” Xavier said nodding toward the teens.

“Chuck, if they’re old enough to fight and maybe even die for this world, then they’re old enough to split a bottle of beer between the three of em before a fight ta the death.” Wolverine said, as he opened a bottle for himself.

“I agree professor, if they do die tomorrow, let them enjoy this night.” Storm said, as she plucked the bottle from Logan’s hands. “Just as long as they keep all of their clothes on of course, they have a busy day tomorrow.”

“Very well.” Xavier said in defeat as he realized that both of them were not going to budge on this matter.

“Good,” Wolverine said as he pulled out yet another bottle from the inside pocket of his jacket. “Sides, you really think the Popsicle has the guts to pull something like that off with Rogue? He tries anything and she’d drop him from fifty or so feet in the air.” Wolverine said with an amused chuckle, Xavier and Storm soon joined him.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Harry stood next to Hagrid’s bed, and watched the half-giant’s chest rise and fall. Hagrid’s injuries were going to take anywhere from several days to a few weeks to heal, Harry was unsure just exactly how quickly the Hogwarts Groundskeeper would heal up, since the only time he had ever seen his friend hurt had been after dealing with Grawp, and there had been no telling how old some of those injuries were at the time. Harry and the others had been informed of the plan, and while a number of the wounded would be leaving Harry and his friends would not, much to the irritation of some of the adults. Ron and Hermione were on the other side of the large resting man Ron with Quidditch Through the Ages, while Hermione was studying fire curses from some books. Various Weasleys had visited the group, and even McGonagall and Remus had stopped by to either try and console the three, or to try and convince them to take one of the portkeys back home with Madame Pomphrey.

The trio had so vehemently rejected each of the offers to send them home, which they had shocked, all but Moody who had watched with an amused grin at the group. When the three weren’t watching their friend, they were out preparing Thanos. The trio with the oversight of McGonagall had managed to make a saddle with a holster for a large weapon on it and a few smaller blades on it for whoever felt they could chance riding the flying horse into battle.

“So, think we’ll get through this one mate?” Ron asked over Hagrid’s large form.

“We have to,” Hermione said, “We still have to take on Voldemort.”

“Yeah," Harry said, “I want a chance to deal with him.” The trio was silent, as they held vigil over their friend.

“Odd group aren’t they?” McGonagall asked Remus, as she sat down beside him and Tonks in the corner of the room and watched the three of them as they talked to Hagrid about various animals, or Hermione would find a particular spell, or the boys would discuss Quidditch with unresponsive man. The most heart wrenching though, was when they fell into silence and merely watched Hagrid breath in and out.

“Yes, but they are the best of the Wizard World.” Remus said with a grin. “They may not have a lot of power, but they do have enough drive when they set their minds on something to do just about anything, once they set their minds to doing it.”

“Yes, and they are so different from each other, and yet the three of them complement each other near perfectly most of the time.” The Headmistress said with amazement, as she watched the three. “They are probably my favorite group of students that I have ever taught.”

Remus smiled at this. “Do I even want to know where the Marauders are even rated on that list of yours?”

McGonagall chuckled at this. “You are right, you don’t want to know where you and your friends ranked.”

“Yes Remus dear it’s probably not something you want to know at all.” A melodious voice said, it was a voice from Remus and McGonagall’s past that neither of them had expected to ever hear again. The two of them looked over and saw that Lilly Evans-Potter had joined their conversation.

“Do you want something?” Remus asked sadly, as he looked at the figure that was before him and his former teacher.

“Just thought I’d give you one more chance to walk away from this fight before you got really hurt werewolf.” Remus flinched at the venom in the false Lily’s voice as she called him a werewolf.

“Ignore her Remus.” McGonagall said briskly as she conjured a teapot for the three of them.

Tonks meanwhile was looking unimpressed at the First despite the cold feeling in her gut she got just by looking and listening to it. “So you can impersonate dead people big deal I can, look like the living and the dead.” The metamorphmagus said, as she glared at the First in defiance before morphing into one of the potentials, then back into her own form.

“So much Fire in you.” First/Lily said, as she stared at the shape changer before her, she leaned back against her chair and smirked. “It shall be so much fun destroying that last bit of fire in you and walking over your broken, lifeless body as I fully enter this dimension.” The First then turned to look at McGonagall and Remus. “You’re running out of time, better leave quick before I decide to turn you inside out.” First/Lily said with a vicious smile.

"Now you’ve gone and made this personal." Remus said as he glared at the figure. "Now I definitely am going to do what I can to do all that I can to stop you.”

“So be it little wolf, don’t be upset with me if you can’t take me on though.” Firs/Lily said with a familiar all knowing smirk on her face before she disappeared.

“Blast it!” Remus growled, as he slammed his fist against the table rattling the teacups.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“This is crazy you know that right?” Dean asked his brother as he nursed a beer that he had managed to find, as he was calmly cleaning the shotguns. The guns had been pretty much over used after all of the creatures that they had been forced to fight against and needed a good cleaning. He looked over at Sam who was carefully sharpening their machetes, the rasping sound of the blades on the whetstones was actually comforting to him as he prepared himself for a long fight. Personally he wouldn’t mind going to sleep with a girl on his arm who had just ridden the Dean express, but since most of the girls here could either break him in half, zap him, slice him up or had some family member that would do it to him he was just going to have to be happy with the fact that he was on his own on this one with just a bottle of beer.

“Yeah Dean, I know, but this what we’re here for. I can’t imagine that we got sent a vision for no reason.”

“Still you sure you want to come?” Dean asked him, “You could take the Impala and go find dad.” The blonde tempted his younger brother. “I mean, we still have to find the demon that got mom.”

“We’ll find it after this is all over.” Sam promised his brother. “And when we find it we’ll kill it for mom. Together though, all right man.”

“I still think that you should be part of the rear guard though,” Dean said trying to convince his brother to step back a bit. “I mean you do still have to.”

“Dean, dude, no, we do this together.”

“Fine.” Dean grumbled as he tossed himself onto his bed.

“So, this is what became of my boys is it?” A voice asked. The two turned and saw that the image of their mother Mary Winchester, one of the reasons that their family fought stood there before them. “You know, I had such high hopes for the two of you.” The woman said, as she stared at the two of them sadly. “But instead you’ve both become so much like your father, dedicated to your mission and you’ve also become alone. The two of you are so much like your father when I first met him that it is no longer even amusing, and the traits you picked up may not be the best ones to have learned either. I suppose it is my fault in a way that you are like this though.”

“Mom,” the two brothers choked out, as the blonde woman looked them over judgingly.

“Yes it’s me.” The figure said as she stared at the two of them. “Sammy, you could have been a fine lawyer if you had stayed in school, and Dean, you could have been anything that you wanted to be. You didn’t have to follow your dad’s descent into the world of darkness that you’re now in.”

“Mom we have our own reasons for doing this,” Dean said, “Besides, it’s not like you’re really our mom now is it? I mean despite the fact that you are supposed to be this major evil creature thing you’re nothing more than some ghost playing with faces right now.” Dean flashed a cocky smirk at the image of his mother, which was seething at the remarks. “Gotta say for the right now you rate below a poltergeist when it comes to threat level right now.”

“Really, is that what you think? I am so disappointed in you Dean.” Mary Winchester said smiling cruelly, as Dean flinched. “If you really think that is all I am capable of, but then again you always were the one to try and talk your way out of a situation. You can’t even stand to be away from your precious daddy for a while without going crazy, it makes me wonder how you managed all those hunts of your own that your always telling Sammy about.”

“Really, you say you don’t know?” Dean asked with a smirk though Sam could tell that it was forced.

“Yes you were never important enough for me to notice." The First drawled out at the young man. "We might talk again Dean, I’m going to destroy that fighting spirit of yours though when I come through.”

“Looking forward to you trying bitch.” Dean said.

“What about you Sammy? Are you going to let him talk like that, or perhaps you need someone different?”

“No.” Sam said hoarsely, as the image of the boy’s mother shimmered and a blonde girl in a short nurse costume appeared before them. “Jess.” Sam said thickly.

“Sam, get out of here.” A suddenly serious Dean ordered his brother as he pulled out a gun and leveled it at the First.

“That’s not going to help against me.” The First said, “And I don’t slow down just because there is salt and binding circles around, you’ll need something a lot more powerful than that to harm me. I must admit though, I was surprised that they actually affected the Dementors, though I suppose that since they eat spirits that it makes a certain amount of sense that such things might affect them.”

“Glad we impressed you, now how about you get the hell out of here.” Dean said as he slid between his brother and the First/Jess.

“You see that’s the problem Dean.” Jess said shooting him a knowing smirk. “Hell is coming here.”

“Not if I can help it.” Dean said.

“That’s just it Dean you can’t.” First/Jess said with a laugh. “Bye Sam I’ll be seeing you boys real soon.” Her hand trailed over herself sensually before she disappeared in a cloud of fire.

“NO!” Sam cried as he rushed forward hoping to stop the fires from consuming her this time. A snap of light and she was gone, and the two rattled brothers took cooling breaths.

“I don’t care what that bitch says or is I am tearing her apart when I get my hands on her.” Dean said as he slammed his fist into the wall.

“Agreed.” Sam said stonily, the two then each turned away knowing that they couldn’t afford to be weak right now.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Angel and Spike stood a silent vigil over their Slayer, neither of the two ensouled vampires had yet to acknowledge any of the Scoobies that were sitting in the room alongside them. Oz had pulled out his electric guitar and was softly strumming on it while Giles strummed on his acoustic, Xander and Anya were quietly talking in a corner, and Faith with Robin sitting alongside her was in another nearby bed as the healing potions did their work on her arm. Willow and Kennedy sat at a table just talking, Riley was off to the side with his wife and was content to just hold her, and Dawn sat and listened to Oz and Giles as they played some unknown soothing tune for the group. This was the room that the First came into as they were all settling down. “Now this is sweet.” The First said, as it used the form that all of the Scoobies were familiar with in some form or other. “All of the Scoobies in one room, why the only people I believe that we’re missing are Wesley and Cordelia.”

“So this is the First huh?” Xander asked, as for the first time he could now see the figure before him. Everyone turned to look worriedly at Buffy, but were relieved to see that the blonde slayer was asleep, they doubted that the Slayer could stand up to the form it was using right now. "Well I must say it’s interesting to see you for the First time." He cracked at her with as much of a grin as he could muster.

“Must you use that form?” Giles asked as he set his guitar down and began to clean his glasses. “I think we would all almost prefer it if you were to use Buffy’s form as opposed to that one.”

“Which is why I thought I could go for a little bit of a change, it helps keep the mind awake you know.”

“Must you desecrate her memory?”

“There isn’t a memory that I wouldn’t desecrate if I could accomplish it actually.” The First as Joyce Summer’s said to the various Scoobies that looked up at her in a mixture of anger and hurt. “It is a shame that Buffy is asleep in a healing trance for this, it would be interesting to see what her reaction would be to seeing me here and being able to tell her what I really think of her being a Slayer.” The First mused aloud at them.

“Yeah, I’m sure that she wants to hear a bloody poser rant and rave at her about those sorts of things.” Spike said as he turned to the First.

The First chuckled at the tough act that the vampire was using. “I’m sorry Spike but I don’t think I can offer you any hot chocolate to drink.” Spike growled and actually bared his fangs at the First as it mocked one of the few mortals that Spike had actually liked. “Oh please, like that’s really going to impress me. As for the rest of you I am afraid that I can’t make any of you my chocolate chip pancakes.” Xander, Oz and Dawn winced as they remembered the late night treats and meals that this woman used to make for the fighters once she had known what was going on.

“Riley who is this?” Sam Finn asked, as she looked at the woman who’s cutting words seemed to slice right through the Scoobies past and present.

“Ah yes, Riley, the boy my daughter was actually too embarrassed to actually bring home with her.” Joyce said looking sternly at Riley. “The same young man who forced my daughter to choose between him and her life while I was dying.” Riley flinched at this, as Mrs. Summer’s words cut into him just as deeply as they had the others. He also realized that he had been a bit selfish at the time, but it had also been the right thing for him to do. Just because it was right though didn’t mean that he didn’t feel a certain amount of guilt over what had happened and how.

“Sam, meet the First who’s currently posing as Buffy’s mom.” Riley told his wife tightly. Sam nodded, this woman had obviously been very important to all of the people in the room that had known her.

“Now this is different isn’t it Faith?” Joyce/First asked as it knelt down by the bedridden Faith. “I believe the last time we saw each other I was the one stuck in the bed and you were trying on my makeup.” Faith tried to pull back away from the figure that was before her. “What’s the matter Faith you didn’t worry too much about my touching you that Christmas it snowed and you stayed over for Christmas.” Faith stopped moving and felt as if she had been slapped as she remembered one of the few good Christmases in her life. The memory was of course heavily marred by the memory of what she had done to Joyce the last time she had seen her.

“And of course there is you Angel the monster that my daughter should never have met.” Joyce said, disapproval evident in her voice. “I always did like Spike better. I thought our talk all those years ago would have convinced you to stay away from my daughter.”

“What can I say, I’m a slow learner.” Angel said with a chuckle while Spike snickered.

“Too right he is.” Spike said, “The bloody idiot also never could take to following orders very well, and he just loves to find creative ways to interpret them when he does take them. By the way I just loved it when I got to see Joyce bring her claws out, let me see what it is that really brought the Slayer up into the firecracker that she is. And the fact that Joyce liked me more than Peaches has always been a bit of fun to me.”

“You know, I never could figure out how that worked exactly.” Angel said turning to Spike but still keeping one eye on the image of Joyce. “How is it that she liked you more than me? I mean the first time she saw you, you were attacking on parent teacher night and nearly killed her daughter.”

“Maybe she didn’t recognize me. We could always ask badass version of her.” Spike said jerking his thumb over at the First.

“Well what do you have to say Evil Mrs. S? Why did the original Mrs. S, except no substitutes at all, like peroxide for brains more than Dead Boy? Inquiring minds really want to know the answer to this question.” Xander asked nervously.

First/Joyce seemed to be lost in thought for a moment before she began explaining to the group. “Spike here was willing to talk to me, that and he kept his vampiric attributes hidden from me. Oh yeah, and Spike there lied his way into my heart and Angel here emotionally destroyed my little girl, and by the time that I actually understood I was too poisoned to care. Oh yeah, and I also blamed him for Buffy running away instead of owning up to the fact that my precious Buffy was just as much to blame as he was. Puts a bit of a different spin on your whole saving mother thing that you got with this form doesn’t it?”

“Ripper, Red you two sure you can’t make her whole so I can knock her out?” Spike questioned Angel looked up hopefully at this.

“Sorry, not one of the tricks I really want to try, besides what happens if it comes back with all sorts of super powers? That is so not on my list of things that I want to try and fight right now, even with all of the various people from Buffy’s family that we have here to back us up and all.”

“Yes, what she said.” Giles said nodding in agreement.

“Well perhaps you should all behave more.” Joyce said sternly, as if she was scolding them for staying up late for watching movies. “Then again, if you consider what you did to my daughter earlier after everything that she sacrificed for you perhaps I should have kept her farther away from you since it seems like only true beings of darkness can understand her. It’s a shame really, I never wanted this life for her yet she did it for you three most of all.” Joyce said nodding to the core Scoobies. “The rest of the people here came and went, but you were as much a part of her as she was of you. Heart, Mind, Spirit and of course she is the Body and in the end it was you who told her to quit. I can’t help but be amused that you actually managed to deny yourselves.” The core group and the ones who had tossed the blonde out grimaced, knowing that there was more truth in this than they cared for.

“Of course why should you only hear my thoughts? There are so many forms to use with you that you might listen to more.” She then walked around the room changing forms every few minutes Xander swallowed as Jesse greeted him.

“Yo, my man what is up?” the dark haired teen asked. “I love the eye patch man. You two still taking care of each other?”

Riley nearly broke the table as the teen changed into an unaltered version of Ford, who then changed into Halfrek which caused Anya to squirm uncomfortably, then Tara causing Willow to gasp. “Hey there baby who’s your friend?” The blonde vision asked with a trace of hurt, betrayal, and doubt in her voice.

Giles and Angel gritted their teeth as Tara then changed into Jenny. “Now this is a form I haven’t used in a while.” First/Jenny said as she spun a circle. “Just remember, that no matter what you’ve lost I can make it seem all that much worse, think of that before you try and continue this fight.” She then disappeared in a flash of light.

“Okay, I think I could have lived without that.” Xander said, as he stared unseeingly at the spot where Jesse had been a few minutes ago.

“Uh huh, yeppers, me to on that one.” Willow said weakly as she slumped against her seat. The Scoobies all got silent as they thought about what they had seen.

“So how did Buffy not go crazy with always talking to well herself?” Dawn asked the others.

“She’s made of tougher stuff than you give her credit for Little D.” Faith told the young Summer’s girl who glared at the hated nickname.

“Yeah, Buffy may play the part of the blonde idiot most of the time, but deep down she’s one of the most dangerous around.” Angel said fondly as he held the Slayer by the hand.

“Indeed Buffy is very unique in that way,” Giles agreed, “and there may never be a way to truly explain how wonderful and powerful she truly is with all that she has done.”

“In other words B kicks ass.” Faith said smirking while she was sent a disapproving look from Giles who reluctantly nodded after a moment.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Buffy walked with a purpose and stood before her troops, the combination of healing potions and the Slayer healing package had her up and raring to go and take on the First. She looked at the various people and nodded her greetings as she passed them. About half of her people had been visited by the First last night, 'in some form or another', she had never realized what the true meaning of that saying could mean until this whole mess with the First had started. She had been getting a number of understanding looks, as nearly everyone now understood a little bit more of the stressful burden that she had been forced to carry alone. A number of them had now shaken confidence Harry had been muttering about some guy named Sirius, while Jack had been talking about a guy named Kawalsky and a kid named Charlie. She was sorry that they all had been forced to go through what they had. She had listened as Angel and Spike described what the First had done to the Scoobies, if anything that had pissed her off even more. Using her mother’s face was so breaking the rules she was sure of it, and now she was going to break the rules herself if she had to. She looked up as the flying horse with leather wings sat down and Wolverine got off of it. They were all ready and waiting, and Buffy realized with a start that they were all waiting for her to say something impressive to give them courage or something like that. Buffy swallowed nervously before she climbed up onto the hood of the General Lee, the Slayer then stood and faced the crowd before her. “Hey can anybody not hear me?” She asked curiously, as she looked at the crowd below her.

“Go ahead sweetheart.” Dean said from where he was watching her. “You got my full attention right now.”

“Dean are you nuts?” Sam asked his brother, as the blonde was given a dozen different protective and angry glares.

“Don’t worry Sam.” Dean said with a smirk while he leered at the Slayer. “Think of it this way, we’re either going to be dead or celebrating at the end of the day so why not enjoy myself in between then?”

“Um because it’s insane.” Sam retorted before turning back to the Slayer who had quickly regained her composure and was now turning to talk to them. She had donned another spare X-Man uniform, but had chosen to skip the leather jacket since she knew how hot she was going to get fighting in the Hellmouth leaving her in leather pants, equipment vest and a gray shirt.

Before the Slayer could start though several portkeys dropped off about fifty men and women. Multiple weapons were turned on the newcomers. “Old it, zat is my grandmuzzer!” Fleur said, as she stepped forward. I believe zat she az brought zhe reinforzmentz.”

“Of course we ave Fleur. A beautiful older woman said. “We ave eard zat you were in danger fighting on zhe ellmouth wit zure future family and we zought to join you.”

“Future family, am I missing something here?” Someone asked curiously.

Fleur turned to Hermione. “Zhe Weasleys consider you and Arry az good az family, which meanz zat we shall soon be family zo I thought zat zince zis is a family business of sorts.”

“That you’d invite your family as well.” Hermione said with a smile. “Are they all Veela?”

Fleur turned to her grandmother who nodded in the affirmative. “Zhey are.”

“Great!” The girl said excitedly. “Um, can they change into their other form so they won’t distract the guys.” She asked, noticing that Arthur Weasley was quietly informing the Slayer of the abilities of the new arrivals who nodded in approval.

Fleur laughed as the group of veela changed before all of their eyes, becoming more birdlike before everyone’s eyes. “All of zhe men, or are we just worried about one in particular?” The half Veela asked with a twinkle in her eyes, as Hermione blushed a deep red. “You are looking upon my family’s Veela Elite. Zhe most skilled combat warriors our family can produce.” Fleur proclaimed proudly. Everyone nodded in appreciation of the new arrivals, and then turned their attention back towards the blonde Slayer who was waiting on them patiently.

“Great to have you with us.” Buffy greeted the Veela. “You couldn’t have come at a better time.” The Veela nodded back to the blonde in greeting.

“All right, I’m not the best person to give awe inspiring speeches that will give you the courage to do what it is that we are going to have to do. Hell, I don’t think there’s anybody really that’s qualified for this particular kind of speech. You all know your jobs, and you know them well cause it’s in your blood. Look around you folks, and you’ll find out that you’re not looking at just fighters, but at your family. By coming here you’ve shown that family means a lot to you. True some of you are here cause you didn’t have a choice at first.” She said nodding toward the potentials that were outfitted in uniforms and street clothes. “But a lot of you are here because it’s what we do. Now we’re going to take that one step further. Look around again at the people here, there is more than just your blood family out here today, for most of us our soul family is standing alongside us today as well. They’re the people that we’ve learned to rely on in the past, and they’ll be there with you today. While we may have all lost people from those families that mean a lot to us, we are going to win this fight for them and each other. We will show the First that we are the strongest there is out there, and that we are not letting anyone through to this world whether it be from above.” She said as she pointed toward the sky, “below or somewhere in between. Anyone who doesn’t think they can do it now though better get going, cause there may not be any town left when we get done with the bad guys.”

“Lead the way Slayer, you know that I’m coming with ya.” Spike said from beneath the hood of the cloak that he was using, the two vampires were both using thick cloaks that would allow them to walk briefly in the sun alongside everyone else.

“To battle then.” Wolverine said as he jumped back up on the horse. “To Battle!” He repeated even louder while popping his claws over his head.

“To battle!” Several people cried pumping either their fists or weapons into the air.

The Slayer shook her head in disagreement. “For Family!” Buffy shouted back at the mutant who rolled his eyes at her.

“Family!!” Everyone now yelled, and pumped their arms even harder than before causing Wolverine to scowl at the blonde Slayer who just smirked back at the mutant. The car she was on then played the first notes of Dixie and started to move forward followed by a half dozen other cars of various types. The cars all pulled up alongside the curb of the school allowing everyone to get out, or in Buffy’s case to jump off the hood. They all stared silently at the school that housed the seal to the Hellmouth. In there was where they were going to make their stand for the world against all the forces of darkness.
Sign up to rate and review this story