Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Family Reunion

The Battle II

by texaswookie 0 reviews

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-06-14 - Updated: 2012-06-14 - 6754 words - Complete

1Exciting
You know this used to be all one chapter. Ficwad should have told us there was a word limit.

Voldemort staggered as he felt the wave of power that shot out from beneath him. Storm used the moment of distraction to kick him in the face and then launch herself back into the sky, since he was distracted and stumbling around. “You’re not going to get away from me that easy wind rider!” The Dark Lord shouted up to her as she flew away from him. Growling to himself about what he was going to do to the mutant when he caught her, the Dark Wizard rose back into the air as well.

Storm ignored the threats that the wizard said and focused instead on the weather. She called out to the winds to bring back the dark weather from moments ago. She felt herself going higher and higher as she dodged purple and red colored beams of magic. As the storm that she had built rose the mutant dove toward the streets with Voldemort hot on her tail. The mutant smirked a bit as she watched her opponent struggle to keep up with the sharp turns that she was making. The Weather mutant threw in a couple of maneuvers that had her sailing in-between trees that the wizard brashly shattered as he got close to them. It occurred to her as she watched him barely miss clipping a small car that the wizard flew and fought as he did not because of any arrogance but because his experience in the air was nowhere near what it should be when one fought her for she and the sky were as one. It gave her an idea though and she barreled down streets and alleys smiling with relief as she heard the wizard slam into buildings or random objects as he failed to make a turn. Storm shot straight up into the air as the wizard started to close in on her again this time wrenching several small signs and light poles to stay between the two of them as they flew. Voldemort cursed at her again and again blasting at her shield.

“Do you think taking me high into the air will stop me Wind Rider? I am Lord Voldemort! I am descended from the greatest of the Hogwarts four. The power of the blood of Noble Slytherin runs within my veins, and is more than even mutant filth such as you can hope to challenge. Your pathetic shield will not save you for long, no more than your running shall.”

Storm didn’t respond as the rain started falling drenching them both. She then sent the metal poles hurling at the wizard who merely slammed through the poles like they were some sort of annoyance. The mutant nodded silently as she watched the metal poles surround the Dark Wizard. “Power of lightning I summon you!” The mutant woman called out again. The lightning bolts struck out, connecting with all of the various metal poles that surrounded the dark lord who’s amused laugh turned into screams of pain as the poles and water amplified the power of the lightning as a dozen different poles were near him the power was amplified nearly twelve times to what it would normally have been.

The dark wizard was quickly losing consciousness and as a last ditch maneuver he apparated away to where his Death Eaters were hiding after lending him their energy. The Death Eaters gasped in surprise, shock and fear as they saw the burned figure of their master as he collapsed to the ground in front of them. Severus Snape used the moment of shock to get them all away from this place and Potter. “My Lord, we must return you to England where you will be healed under our best care.” The greasy haired potions master said as he knelt down beside the Slytherin Lord. He summoned a large chain that was hanging from a ceiling rafter and placed the portus spell on it. The Death Eaters all touched it and disappeared with a large pop as they left the states and returned to England.

Storm waited a few moments before she flew to the city limits where Jesse Duke waiting for them all since he had agreed to wait outside of the town limits to spread the word if they failed. She landed beside the man before she collapsed onto the ground in exhaustion.

Jesse Duke grumbled as he helped the tall dark skinned woman into the truck ‘what was going on in there that would do this to someone?’


“No!” Amy shouted as she looked down the hallway that they had just come from. “She can’t have already cast her spell and there is no way that Willow has that much power in her. I’m the most powerful witch there is and I’ll see to it even if I have to kill everyone who gets in my way.” The Dark witch ranted and began drawing on more power even as Kennedy sprang from a room at the end of the hall way and ran away from them the scythe was gleaming in her hands with unexpected power as she fled from the witch.

“Prue now would be a good time.” Piper said to her sister who nodded and slammed Amy into a wall of lockers. Amy looked at them in shock as she saw that her cage had faded when she had turned to follow Willow’s magic trail. Phoebe took the moment that Amy was too stunned to react to throw a potion down beneath Amy’s feet.

The three sisters gripped each other’s hands and began chanting. “By the Power of Three we bind your Powers so mote it be. By the Power of Three we bind your Powers so mote it be.”

“No, you can’t do this.” An enraged Amy said as she struggled against Prue’s grip. “I’m too powerful even for you three to harm me.” She boasted in defiance.

The sisters ignored the dark witch as they repeated the words one final time. “By the Power of Three we bind your powers so mote it be!”

A bright light surrounded Amy for a moment before it vanished with a loud cracking sound. “No.” Amy said weakly in shock and disbelief at what they had done to her. She waved her hands around desperately mumbling words but nothing happened. “How could you?” She asked as she looked at the sisters.

“Simple really.” Phoebe said cynically, as she looked at the now powerless dark witch. “You threatened the Earth and did try to kill us so we had to stop you.”

“I’ll kill you for this.” The enraged young woman said, lunging at the youngest of the sisters.

Phoebe grinned as she blocked an overhand punch. “I’m really going to enjoy this.” She said before she flipped Amy over her shoulder and punched her in the face. Phoebe backed up and let the former dark witch climb back to her feet. Amy charged again, and Phoebe spun out of the way of the fist and sent her elbow into the back of Amy’s shoulder as she stumbled past her. Phoebe cocked her eyes at Amy. “You really want to finish this? I mean don’t get me wrong, throwing you around the hallway is a change that I definitely like but you can also stop where you’re at and no one will care too much. Make it a lot easier on us though.” She added as an afterthought.

“You’re dead!” Amy snarled as she drew an athame from behind her back. She slashed at Phoebe who ducked a few inexperienced slashes directed at her. Phoebe hissed in pain though as the blade caught her on the arm glaring angrily the witch side stepped a thrust and trapped the blade under her arm and then sent another wicked punch at Amy’s face knocking her out. Phoebe sighed with relief as the young woman finally crumpled unconscious to the ground. She did add a hard kick just in case though not that she was enjoying getting some of her own back after what the witch had done to her and her sisters a few minutes ago.


Angel stood ready as the uber vamps began forcing their way through the hole that they had been hiding in. They stumbled a bit as they stepped over the demon circle and salt line that the Winchester brothers had laid out, but there was enough of them being some type of human that he supposed that they were still able to break through. He tightened his grip on his sword as they came shooting out like a kicked over anthill. He used one of his spring-loaded stakes in the sleeve of his jacket to take one out while another was decapitated with a swinging blow of his sword. The brothers were aiming at the heads of the uber vamps with their sawed off shotgun, while Moody and Bra’tac were a whirling blurs of motion that were burning cutting and dusting the vampires. He didn’t say anything as Oz once again transformed into a giant werewolf ready to do battle with the forces that were against them. “Just like old times.” The vampire muttered as he jumped into the fight.

O’Neill watched as the various long-range fighters fled from the doorway where they had been fighting just a few minutes ago. “Everyone get ready, I think we’re about to have company!” He got various acknowledgements as people signaled themselves as being as ready as they were going to be.

Cyclops nodded as he stood alongside his military uncle. “What now?”

‘Head for the east hallway Scott, it’s near a sewer access that’s by a pair of doors they can’t be allowed to get that far.’ Xavier thought sent to his protégé after he scanned the mind of the tacticians who were in charge of troop deployments.

‘Understood professor.’ The mutant returned with an answering thought as he grabbed the arm of a nearby wizard who apparated them to the side of the building where he would do the most good with a number of other wizards and witches and the remaining members of his team. A few of the wizards and witches tiredly conjured and summoned desks to use as a defensive platform.

“How long do you think?” Harry asked as he wiped his wand of some of the grime that it had picked up.

“Who knows mate.” Ron said as he steeled himself for the next part of the fight. “But it should be pretty bloody interesting.”

“Honestly, we’re in the middle of a fight for the world and you two are talking like it’s no big deal.” Hermione complained as she readied her own wand. Her complaints died down though as they all heard a werewolf howl echo up from the basement. The second level had been breached, and the small group holding the stairwell had been pushed back.

Riley Finn watched as the doors were forced open and the super vampires were now free. “Fire!” He shouted and the flamethrowers that had been placed near the door opened up turning the first dozen of the things into crispy critters before some of them charged out so fast that there was no way that the flames could ignite them. Soldiers stationed around the school sighted on the uber vampires and began shooting at the heads and joints of the creatures using shotguns and hollow tipped rounds in their guns that had been saved for just this fight in mind. The groups of vampires were lead away from the hallway where the fighting was going on into traps and other types of barriers that had been designed with these demonic bloodsuckers in mind. Walls and ceilings were blasted out trapping the super vampires in the sunlight, while holy water began to be sprayed down from the fire suppression system. He would have to remember to thank Sam Winchester, Giles and Samantha Carter for rigging that thing up later. He briefly wondered how long he and the others could last against these things before they took them all down. After all they were all normal humans, and not everyone had the same survival rate and luck factor that Xander Harris had. He had known Buffy Summer a number of years, and had learned long ago to not bet against her. But even he had his doubts that the feisty blonde heroine could beat the kind of odds that were currently stacked up against them right now, and wondered what kind of unexpected trick his ex might have up her sleeve this time around that would surprise them all. Or if this would actually be the one where they fell down.

Jack O’Neill grunted as he and several of the remains of the other SGC teams faced off against what looked like about fifty Bringers. Xavier had sensed them, and Jack had led the SGC soldiers to deal with the mostly human members of the military force. Most of these blind people were armed with their wicked looking daggers, but some of them also had swords and bows in their hands. He hated to admit it, but despite their superior weaponry they were being slowly pushed back toward the doorway that led to the basement where the Finn’s and the bulk of their part of the forces were preparing to stand against the uber vamps. He actually thought that the layered defensive measures that Buffy had put up was a fairly good defense since they couldn’t chance placing everyone in the same spot. Besides, this way they were likely to wear the corpses out before they could do too much damage hopefully. Jack looked to either side as he saw Sam and Daniel standing on either side of him, he briefly wished that Teal’c was with them while they were doing what could possibly be SG-1’s final fight. He wondered if this really was going to be their last stand, and if Daniel’s words from a few days ago as they had stood in front of the Stargate had in some way been prophetic of what was to come here. He internally shrugged his concerns off though, if he could run around blowing mother ships up while he was inside them with a cocky attitude and a bad joke on the tip of his tongue then he could face the odds of the First, the Bringers all of the super vampires and whatever else there was here to fight with no problem. He had his team here after all, he could do anything with his team here.


Spike grunted as the amulet finally started doing something. Hey “Buffy I think it’s time for you to leave.” The blonde vampire called out to the Slayer, as lights began shooting out of his body burning the various vampires as the beams struck them. The blonde Slayer watched silently for a moment before nodding her head in reluctant agreement. “Faith get them out of here!” She called out to her sister Slayer. The brunette nodded a worried look in her eyes as she chased the newly empowered slayers and their various allies up the steps and out of the hole, leaving the blonde ensouled vampire, and the longest known living Slayer in recorded history alone within the hell-throat.

Jack grunted as one of the vampires tackled him to the ground. The two military groups had been pushed together and were now fighting side-by-side just doing their best to survive the odds that they were currently up against right now. His P90 went flying to the side as his body slammed to the ground. Moving as quickly as he could the man clawed for his sidearm, once he had it out he began filling the vampire with the entire clip. The vampire was pushed back a bit as all of the bullets entered in it chest before hissing at the colonel and baring its fangs. It knocked the gun out of the man’s hand and looked down on its prey. Sam and Daniel were too busy with their own fights to be able to help him out either. Jack glared at the demon human hybrid defiantly. Before anything else could happen though the vampire dusted as Faith came up behind the vamp and staked it.

“Yo Flyboy!” Faith said as she helped Jack up. Angel, Teal’c, Oz, Bra’tac, Mad-Eye, Clark and Rogue created a defensive wall for them giving the two a small breather and chance to talk without too much distraction.

“What?” Jack asked her coughing up some of the vampire dust that had fallen down on him.

“We need to leave now.” The Slayer yelled as she helped the soldier up to his feet.

“What about the hellthroat?” He asked nodding toward the door.

“The Vampyre Spike is dealing with it O’Neill.” Teal’c told the man as he fired his staff into the face of another of the charging vampires.

“Yeah, Blondie used his funky jewelry thingamajig and is doing some kind of Anime lightshow stuff down there with his glowing and all that burning all of the uber vamps and bringing the cavern down. So unless you want to be on this one-way elevator to hell let’s get the hell out of here.”

“Actually I’ve been on that elevator,” Angel said, “or at least a similar one. Trust me the result at the end isn’t quiet what you would expect. It was kind of depressing actually.”

“I’ll just trust your opinion on that.” Jack returned to the dark haired vampire.

“Indeed.”

“Yo professor, you get the mind memo?” Faith asked into the air, wondering if she needed to focus on the words or something like that for the cue ball to hear her.

‘I did Faith.’ Xavier mentally responded to her. ‘The orders have already been sent and everyone is slowly withdrawing to the best of their ability. Though we are not quiet out of the woods yet since we still have to fight our way through the remains of the Hand Ninja once we get outside.’

Faith nodded in understanding the dark haired slayer had only been afraid in a handful of her fights the only beings that had made her scared had been Kakistos, Buffy, the Beast, and Angel. She had beaten all of them though in her own way sometimes only temporarily but there was something about those Hand Ninja that made her skin crawl since they weren’t quiet human nor were they quiet demons. She was just going to have to accept the fact that she was going to have some really weird dreams later on after this was all over. Of course just about everyone was going to have some weird dreams after all of this was finally over, and they could finally actually get some decent sleep without having to worry about an attack that would have them all killed while they were all in their beds.

Xavier smiled tiredly as he read Faith’s thoughts as he withdrew from her thoughts and began sending out the orders to retreat. “Professor, I hope you don’t mind, but there simply isn’t time to make use of your preferred manner of transportation. Particularly seeing as we will need to make the utmost haste as we depart from this Hellish environment.” Beast said as he entered the room where Xavier was directing the battle through his mind meld.

“That sounds like a good plan Hank.” Xavier said, the two men ignoring the fact that Xavier had a small streak of blood coming from his nose, while Beast had a heavy ax in one hand, and had blood on both of his arms. Beast nodded as he scooped his mentor up in his arm, and loped along with everyone else toward the doors. They met everyone back at the front doors where they had first entered.

“This everyone?” Samantha Finn asked Xavier who nodded. Weakly the strain of keeping everyone connected combined with having those people die while he was directing them was starting to take a toll on his abilities since he had experienced everything that all of the others were experiencing due to the link and was trying to direct them as well.

“All right then campers take care of the doors.” Jack said to the group of slayers who were now standing by the doors ready for just this order. All of the Slayers nodded, turned and kicked as hard as they could kicking all of the double doors off their hinges and sent them flying into groups of Hand ninja that were in the way of the doors. The sight that met them was disturbing while there were fallen Hand ninja uniforms all over the place there were also the signs that the three that they had left to guard the place were at their last stand unless they were helped immediately.

“GO!” The various leaders ordered and Xavier sunk into the minds of the defenders of the Earth once again as energy beams, bullets- and spell fire ripped across the field at various angles as people made a run not only for their tired allies but for the various rides out as well. Ninjas fell all around the front of the school, as the large group surged forward. The three who had held the Hand back from the school while the others fought the First troops were picked up in the rush as everyone made their move.


“You need to go now Buffy.” Spike said as the ceiling began to crumble around them.

“No.” The Slayer said tears falling down her face as she held her hand out to him while her other held onto the scythe. “You’ve done enough.” She pleaded at him.

“I don’t think so Buffy.”

“I love you.” The Slayer said to the vampire.

“No you don’t, but thanks for saying it. Now you run along.” The vampire said with sad acceptance to the woman before him. The Slayer nodded as well and ignored the tears that were running down her face as she rushed out of the Hellmouth leaving the vampire alone. Spike grinned grimly as he saw the rest of the army of uber vamps rushing at him and the exit that was behind him. “I want to see how it ends.” The vampire muttered, wishing for a moment that he had a cigarette before he became consumed with pain as his soul charged the amulet even more before it’s energy consumed him as well as the Hellmouth.


Everyone was loading up in their various cars the Dukes stood by helping the wounded into the various cars two or three cars were going to have to be left behind though because of not needing the vehicles with the numbers that they currently had. “Go! Go! Go!” Luke ordered, waving the troop transport on out. He looked up in the air as the X-jet wobbled as it lifted off, having taken some of the wounded with them. Daisy pulled out alongside the Winchesters and Charmed ones leaving the two cousins as the last ones left in the parking lot. “Let’s go Bo.” Luke said.

The blonde nodded, and ran at the car sliding across the hood of the orange stock car then climbed into the car through the window. “You ready cuz?” Asked the usually smiling blonde man.

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” Luke returned.

“Then let’s get out of here.” Bo said as he gunned the powerful engine and began speeding down the road that would lead them out of the town.


Xavier looked up from where he was sitting paling as he realized something. “Scott, we left Buffy behind in there!” He shouted hearing a cold laugh in his head, realizing that the First had somehow managed to block his perception of the blonde doing its best to insure that the cause of its defeat died alongside of its vanquished army.

“What!” Came the response from several people who were just beginning to breathe easier realized that they had left their leader behind on accident.

“I can’t do anything professor, the wings were clipped with some derbies when we took off. We have almost no maneuverability at all at the moment we can go up down and forward, our hover jets won’t allow us to rotate either.” Scott glared out the window as if he was trying to come up with some other way to save his cousin from the crumbling town.

“She’s on the roofs.” Xavier told them, clutching at his head and trying to focus on the young woman. He mentally sent out a distress call for someone to deal with it when he felt the First block his ability to sense the Slayer anymore. “I’m being blocked.” Xavier told them sagging into his chair unable to help any more than he already had.

The Duke boys nodded to each other after a moment of silent conversation and Bo tightened his grip on the wheel and yanked as hard as he could spinning the General around kicking up smoke from their tires as they did it. They sped as fast as the General could back toward the school, they had a cousin to save after all. As they sped along they heard a loud thump Luke turned and saw that a small blond woman was hanging onto the trunk for dear life as they sped through Sunnydale.

"We got her Bo."

The blonde man nodded and they all held their breath as they spun around again and made their way towards the city limits.

Buffy grunted as she slowly inched her way forward while the bright orange car sped along with her on it she saw that they were getting close to the edge of town and that there was a large crack in the ground between Sunnydale and the rest of the world. Aiming Buffy flung the scythe into the window of the car and then scrambling a little faster she managed to climb onto the hood and grasped the car through the open window.

“Hold on cousin!” She heard before the car hit a pile of rock and dirt and the entire car was suddenly flying over the carter that had formed. Buffy smiled and joined in with the yell of exhilaration with her cousins as they flew over the chasm that had opened up trying to trap them within Sunnyhell. She grinned as the horn from the General Lee came on and blared out its song of victory, at least that’s what it sounded like to her. She grinned as they landed on the other side of Dean Winchester’s car kicking gravel up as they came to a stop.

Jesse Duke looked at the face of the blonde and groaned to himself. As if Bo, Luke, Daisy and Cooter weren’t enough when it came to causing and finding trouble, it looked like he was now going to have to start worrying about a certain blonde Slayer now as well.

Everyone grinned as they stumbled out of their rides or limped from the apparition points and slapped each other on the back they had lost between thirty and forty percent of their forces but somehow they had managed to survive the fight.


“I can’t believe it!” A figure said angrily as he watched from a pool of water. “You can’t be serious, there was supposed to be fighting that was going to span the globe not this one little bity fight.” The figure was highlighted for a moment as a bearded man with black on black leather armor and a large sword at his side. “Where’s the carnage and blood? Where are the endless miles of long battlefields, with their long rows of dead? Where are the armies that are supposed to be calling on me in victory?”

“You really can’t stand it when the good guys win can you Ares?” A large broad shouldered man asked, as he joined the Greek God of War in looking down into a pool that showed the victorious group of Champions. A number of potential champions had been culled out of the way in the wizards, witches and soldiers that had died and in some cases some had failed the tests that they had been given, the man thought as he looked at Peter Rasputin as he was held down in a medical bed on his way to Muir island medical research Island.

“You. The man said angrily pointing at the newcomer. "This is your fault, somehow you did something.”

“Me?” The figure asked in surprise. “You think I had something to do with this?”

“Don’t play innocent with me baby brother, I know you all too well.”

“I’m sorry Ares, but I didn’t do anything this time. They did it all on their own.” Hercules told the war god, “and its half brother.”

“Don’t play games with me, we both know very well it’s the combination of demon power and your blood that gives your slayer descendants their power, and I can’t very well see you letting your line of do-gooders just die out like that.”

“Normally you’d be correct, but this time you’re not.”

“You may be one of the only guys in the world I can talk to Hercules, but you are really close to having me burn a hole through you right now!” Ares snarled at the half god who dared to stand up to him and act like he had nothing to do with what had just happened as an energy ball appeared in his hand. “I know you had to have done something to help them and ruin my war, why can’t you just leave well enough alone? That war had been in the making for over 10 years and you destroyed it in an instant.”

“Ares you know we can’t do that.” A raven-haired woman said, as she walked up alongside the brown haired man.

“Xena. What are you doing here?” Ares asked angrily.

“Stopping you from making a mistake is what.” The woman said, as she locked gazes with the war god. “Now what is he accusing you of this time?” The clone of the Warrior Princess asked curiously, as she looked down into the pool that the other two had been looking into and saw a crowd of people looking worse for wear congratulating each other.

“Apparently some of our descendants stopped a really nasty war from happening and Ares is determined that I did something to alter the balance in the fight.” Hercules explained to the copy of his old friend, the Xena that had been reincarnated had shared a soul sharing with this clone allowing all of her memories and thoughts to be handed down making it as if she was the original and not just a copy.

“Sorry Ares, but Hercules has been rather busy.” A short haired blonde woman in a halter top and shorts said, as she walked out of the mist accompanied by a long haired blonde woman in a pink teddy.

“What are you two boys fighting about this time anyways?” The longhaired blonde asked with the tired knowledge of someone used to constant fighting between the two people that she was talking to.

“Ares lost another chance for a magical war.” Hercules explained to Aphrodite with a smirk, “and by the great logic of Ares it is my fault that he lost.”

“Oh. Is that all?”

“Is that all!” Ares yelled at his two siblings. “He just helped the current Slayer stop the possible destruction of the entire world! I was really hoping to get her gone for good this time too. That particular Slayer is becoming as big of a pain as Hercules used to be when he was wandering Greece.”

“Thanks Ares, it’s nice to know that my descendants are messing with your plans so well.” Hercules said smugly as he crossed his arms and leaned against a giant pillar.

“You know, sometimes I really miss Zeus since he was the only one that could ever get the two of you to stop fighting. We could so actually have some peace around here if he were.” Aphrodite said, as she crossed her own arms and glared at her two brothers. “Maybe I should go and see if Thor is busy with anything. If he isn’t I’m sure that he and I can find something to do.” The goddess said with a grin.

“Which one? The Aesir or the Asgard?” Hercules asked with interest.

“Hello, do you really think I want to spend my time dealing with creepy little gray alien guy’s baby brother?” Aphrodite asked with a sickened look on her face.

“Sorry my mistake I forgot who I was talking to there for a minute.” Hercules said shaking his head. “Hey, before you leave think we can go down there and congratulate them on a job well done?”

“Well baby bro, I don’t see any problem with that what about you Ares?” They all turned and gave Ares a look that even the grumbling war god had to acknowledge.

“Fine, we’ll go down there and congratulate them.” Ares sneered at them. “Xena, Gabrielle will you two be joining us?”

“Yeah I think we will.” Xena said as she strapped her chakram and sword on. “It’ll be nice to see all these kids.”

“Ooh, this will be so neat.” Aphrodite said, as they disappeared from Mount Olympus into clouds of flower petals and lightning bolts. The group reappeared in front of the group and was met with a number of weapons and abilities ready to be let loose on them if they were a threat.

“Gotta say, their social skills are good.” Ares said with a smirk as he looked at the assembled group.

“Who are you?” Buffy asked, as she held the Scythe ready to start slicing against the group in front of them if they attacked them.

“Easy there,” Hercules said holding his hands up, “we’re not here to start a fight. We’re here to congratulate you.”

“And you are?”

“One of your ancestors kid so put the weapon down now.” Ares ordered as he strode past them to check out what exactly had happened to the Hellmouth.

“Uh huh, so I’m related to sour puss bondage boy, a teddy wearing Barbie, bondage Queen with Slayer weapons, and who knows what the hell the two of are.” Buffy said in exasperation, as she looked at Hercules and Gabrielle. “Why am I not surprised? I mean I’m also related to mutants, aliens, soldiers, witches and who knows what else.”

“Sorry about that, Ares is kind of upset right now.” Hercules said, trying to hide his amusement at the Slayer’s colorful descriptions of them.

“Ares? As in God of War Ares?”

“Yeah that’s him, only he’s the real thing not some overgrown worm trying to pretend he’s a god.” Xena said to the girl in front of her who called her a bondage queen.

“Okay, and they are?”

“Well that’s Aphrodite the goddess of love, and over there are Xena and Gabrielle.”

“And you are?”

“Hmm? Oh, I’m Hercules.”

“Right, and the reason your only now showing up would be what?” The Slayer asked as she hesitantly began lowering her weapon.

“Ares might have made it a competition between him and me and tried to start something that would have been a pain. As a war god, he kind of wanted you to lose so that he could have a war and a likely increase in followers. Then again there is the fact that you are all distantly related to him, so he might have done something to help you too, probably would have come up with some sort of compromise where he whisked you and whoever survived away at the last minute and then prepared you to be his next protégé general. How am I doing Ares?”

“Not bad little brother, not bad at all. You really have the mind for these things it’s a shame you insist on trying to find other ways to do things.” Ares smirked a bit at some of the glares he was now receiving. “Just think about it, things would have gone great, you would have been my greatest army ever, and nothing would have stood in your way. And you,” he said looking at Buffy approvingly, “you would have become as much of a Legend as Xena and Hercules were back in their day.”

“Yep, but instead I stayed out of it and waited for Ares to make a move and Ares waited for me to make a move thus negating the two of us and so balance was satisfied.”

“Oh no, not the whole balance thing again, come on Herc don’t you think that thing is a little over discussed?” Ares mockingly asked the half god.

“Considering that its one of the laws of the universe? No, not really.” Hercules returned to the war god.

“So, do you have anything to do, or are you here to just be a pain in the ass?” Buffy asked the group of Greeks in irritation, she was tired, hurt, hungry and a tad bit horny right now and she had just lost one of the few people that had stood by her no matter what. So in other words she was in no mood for a god and a legend to have a pissing contest in front of her even if she was related to them.

“Actually I’m just waiting for the cars to get here.” Hercules admitted.

“What cars?”

“The cars that are going to take you to L.A, I figure after that we can all figure out what’s going on, who knows maybe we can even rent a restaurant in a couple days after everybody’s wounds are healed.”

“Um excuse me, but we do have a Whitelighter here for most of those injuries.” Prue said as she waved casually at Leo who was helping the more severely injured fighters with their various injuries.”

“Good point, so if it’s all right with you I’ll have a place rented and set up for you then.” Hercules offered Buffy.

“Yeah sure, that’ll work.” The Slayer said, “give us a week to sleep and then we can party.”

“Sounds like a plan.” Dean said with a grin. “The family that bleeds together, parties together.”

“Dude, only you would come up with something like that.” Sam said shaking his head in disbelief.

“Yeah, but he’s right, so let’s get going.” Buffy said as the cars that ‘Kevin Sorbo’ had called for finally showed up for them.


Disclaimer.

Just kidding!

The writer begins muttering to himself as he dodges a lightning bolt attack. “Why couldn’t I have been happy with the characters that I already had? No I couldn’t though could I? Had to go and practically ask someone new to come and take potshots at me. You would think that I’ve learned my lesson after all this wouldn’t you?” The writer moans as he then dodges a heavy sword that would have sliced his head off and instead nicks his hat. “And of course the people that I add to this little story had to be super powerful and want a go at me.”

“Shut up and dance! Ares yells as he gathers a ball of energy together and tosses it at the unlucky writer who barely manages to get away in time before the energy ball blows a hole in the wall. “This’ll teach you to write a peaceful ending.” The War God cries.

“Fine, I don’t own anything in this as I’ve said before, and Xena and Hercules and all of their co-star characters do not belong to me either. I”
Sign up to rate and review this story