Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Tale of Two Killjoys

1

by Skyisnotthelimit 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2012-06-27 - Updated: 2012-06-28 - 3524 words

0Unrated
Kilo's POV

This was it, the end. I've only been out here in the zones on my own for about five years. It's gone so fast. Now I'm surrounded by a dozen dracs, facing certain death. They stood around me in a circle, ready to fire. One looking around at the others every now and again. I stared coldly at the one right in front of me. I swear he wears the joker's smile under that mask, they all do.

There was no way for me to fight, if you're wondering. My ray gun was taken; my knife is of no use, weakened from earlier fights. My hand to hand combat skills couldn't kill a kitten, not that I would. I guess I’m not cut out to be a Killjoy.

I slowly raised my arms to surrender, something a Killjoy never does. Two dracs grabbed me from behind, making sure I couldn’t fight.

“Get off me!” I yelled as I kicked my legs about in the dirt, causing dust clouds to rise into the air. I choked on the clouds as they dragged me to a rock and threw me down on it. I lifted my body off the rock to see a ray pointed right at my head. I sighed and closed my eyes. Okay, this is it. I thought. Cringed when I heard the ray gun go off but nothing happened, I didn’t feel anything. Suddenly there were blasts coming from in front of me, but they weren’t coming in my direction. The guns weren’t aimed at me. I opened my eyes to see dracs being shot down by a Killjoy. God, did she have one hell of an aim, she was fast too. Every shot succeeded in killing a drac. When they were all down, she walked over to me and held out a hand.

“I-I- …thank you so much!” I cried as I jumped up to hug her. She was hesitant so hug back at first, but then she gladly hugged me.

“No problem”, she smiled as she exited the hug. She gave me a pat on the back and then started to walk away.

“Hey, um…What’s your name?” I asked. She stopped and turned around. Her black and rainbow mask sparkled in the sun.

“Dreamer, Skyline Dreamer…and yours?”

“Killer Kilo”, I smiled.

“Nice to meet you, Kilo”, she said, and then began to walk away again.

“Same, Dreamer. Once again, thank you”, I said. She didn’t back this time, she simply raised her hand to wave goodbye. I watched her walk to her motorcycle, which was strategically hidden behind a bush. I sighed and began to walk back to my dump.

“Dammit!” I heard Dreamer yell. I turned back to see her trying to start her motorcycle, but it wasn’t working. I turned around and started running to her.

“Hey, do you need any help?” I asked once I was closer. She continued to try to start the motorcycle.

“I ran outta gas. Where’s the nearest pump?”

“Just a quarter mile away, want me to walk you there?”

“Yeah sure”, she replied.

Half of the time walking was spent in silence, well other than the scuffing of our boots on the road and the wind. The sun beat down on our backs.

“I assumed when you asked if you could walk me there, that you were also looking to talk. Now I realize you just wanted to walk me there”, she said plainly with a slight laugh at the end.

“No no, uh…I don’t get to talk to Killjoys very often so I don’t really know what to say”, I explained.

“I see. Well, what’s the latest on the zones with Killer Kilo?” she asked.

“Well, acid rain out in zones 11-12, I saw a few poor souls ghosted out in zone 6. Caught a couple of dracs in the zones near the city and obviously a few more in the mid-zone areas. Earlier, I delivered some ammunition and food to some Killjoys out in zone 12. Normal day, y’know?” I smiled.

“Ha Ha, good work soldier! My day in the zones was a little unusual”, Dreamer replied.

“Oh? Like what?”

“It started as a typical day, ya know…woke up clutching my ray gun, then drove 120-ish down to zone 2 on a raid. When I hit zone 6 at noon, I stopped at the Die-ner, but it was empty and void of any sign of anyone had been there. On the out skirts, or zone 3, I came up on the TA and no one was with it. But I had to catch the delivery trucks on time, so I kept going and ran across some young Killjoys to feed. So I took em on the raid. They had a lot of fun ghosting dracs and now they are staying at My Hidey-Hole-In-The-Wall. They are Twisted Tragedy and Acidic Rainbow. I have made them my adopted sisters. So, a pretty chill day, but I still can’t find the guys.” She explained.

“They are pretty busy, I guess”, I replied.

“Did you see the guys today?” Dreamer asked.

“Nah. But I thought I saw Jet Star, turned out to be a tumbling weed rolling around”, I joked.

“Huh, the weather…where is it headed? I have no idea what they are up to lately.”

“Down in zone 9 it’s pretty windy….and me either.”

We finally reached the pump and she filled up her motorcycle. I got on and looked at me.

“So…” I said rolling back between my heels and toes.

“So…I’m gonna get a fire going tonight out in zone 11. You can join me if ya like”, she said fixing her gloves. I looked up at the sun, which was going down behind the mountains already.

“Sure, I’d love to”, I smiled. Dreamer then grinned, put on her helmet, started her motorcycle and sped off down the road.


-Time Lapse: 2 hours-


I drove myself up to zone 11 to meet Skyline Dreamer at the FIRE! Pit. Once a caught a glimpse of the fire I grinned to myself. I was happy to be able to actually talk to another Killjoy for once.

I stopped my motorcycle and got off. Then I walked over to where Dreamer was sitting.

“Hey! Glad you could make it, go ahead sit down”, she beamed as she patted the dirt beside her. Slowly I sat down in the sand and we both watched the fire flicker up into the air. We did this for a while.

“So where have you been stationed lately?” Dreamer asked.

“Uh, I run around zones 5-8. I mostly stay in zone 7, there’s a small junk yard in there. I stay there most days”, I replied.

“You’re welcome in my zones. I typically run 6-13, but I really like the inner zones close to battery for action, ya’know? I have hid out just about everywhere. I’m in a small gas station in 13, come on out. You can’t miss it”, Dreamer smiled.

“Sure, I like to stay father away from Battery, ever since the time I was blasted in the leg. Imma little nervous when I encounter some arrogant dracs now”, I explained as I brushed a purple lock of hair from my face. Dreamer chuckled.

“Oh trust me, fall in line in my group and we will wash that fear away”, she replied.

“I hope; it just seems these days that dracs have better shots”, I sighed.

“They don’t. But I don’t shoot to miss; I shoot to fucking kill the bastards”, she said grinning. I picked up a stick and drew pictures in sand for time we spent in silence.

“You ever been in a freak tank at BLI?” Dreamer asked, there was slight hesitancy in usual soothing voice.

“Nope, I don’t think I’d want to be in there.”

“Hell yeah you don’t! I’ll keep you outta there kid. I’ve been there, it ain’t a cup of fucking tea!” she exclaimed.

“Thanks Dreamer, for …a lot, I guess”, I replied softly.

“No pro, Kilo. I’d save your ass any day of the week!” She smiled and gave me a pat on the back. So hard I almost fell over, it made me laugh a little.

“I’d do the same for you”, I said shrugging.

“Damn straight”, she laughed, “…So, you gonna come to my hide out or what? You know what, I’m actually gonna blow up a scarecrow factory. Tragedy and Rainbow should be there too. I’ll have em watch for ya if you want.”

“Sure!” I exclaimed.

“I could wait on ya, if you wanna go.”

“You sure?” I asked.

“Eh, yeah. I should go at night fall anyway”, she replied. I nodded.

“…Did you here that tomorrow the outer zones are supposed to be baked. Also, tonight the smog’s supposed to clear up. We might get a chance to see the stars!” I said lifting my head to the heavens.

“Stars!? I haven’t seem stars since the fires. Baked? Are we gonna get any of that?” She asked.

“I don’t know, I’ll have to check.”

“Alright, I will send my girls in my ex-BLI car to zone 7 and camp out. There they can hold the hide out until we get back from the city. Don’t worry I took out the trackers they put in the car. The menace won’t ever out think me”, she said grinning.

“Okay good. Oh, I almost forgot. There’s tons of trashed supplied at my dump. All of it is undamaged. If you ever need anything, I’d be happy to help you and your girls out.”

“Hell bring a radio outta a car and a couple of transmitters next time I see ya. I’ll show you how to spy and get the real and really good BLI info”, Dreamer replied.

“Sweet. Okay radio and transmitters”, I said making a mental note.

“Got any old ghosted Killjoy or drac guns? If so bring me what ya got”, she said. I nodded. “I have a few kids I watch on occasion who only have the knives I gave em. Don’t get me wrong, the knives are great. But last week, I nearly lost Chemical Rage because he lost his gun.”

“Sure thing. And yeah, I got tons. There’s also a huge dump in zone 3 somewhere, it’s where the city dumps all their shit. I go there to pick out the good stuff and then I bring it back to my place”, I replied.

“Awesome. You are probably my favorite and most prepared Killjoy yet! You know me, I carry all sorts of torturous, menacing, scary ass weapons. So these kids concern me because they thought life would be great if they had a name and gun”, Dreamer said picking at her gloves.

“Yeah I know what ya mean.” There was a long awkward silence of just fire crackling and wind blowing. I decided that story time would be best at this moment.

“So, Dreamer what’s your past? How’d you become a Killjoy?”

“Ah well let’s see, I had just turned 15 when the fires started. I was outside trying to get my motorcycle started, it had died the day before. My cat came outside for split second and ran through the garage because she was scared. Which was weird because she never left my side. So I looked around and saw the fire engulfing the entire town. I ran inside, kissed my mom, and acted like nothing was wrong. I told her to go to the panic room with my baby brother, whom we had adopted. Then I called my aunt and told her to stay at work. I told my mom not to leave the panic room for a while. I then grabbed my bag and put my bandanas on. One around my neck and another around my face, to cover my nose and mouth. I slid my mask down and took my old Camaro out of our garage, then took my duffle bag and our giant ass first aid kit and put them into the trunk. I knew and I was prepared. I covered a locket with baby James Mycheal’s picture next to my mother’s. With one hand I turned on the radio station, it wasn’t the usual bullshit BLI throw out. It was Dr. D. He was giving the latest news that their area was done burnt already and I was on my way to him.

“On the way, Korse found me and captured me. He put me in first of the experiments”, She stopped for moment to remember. If I had a seat, I would’ve been on the edge of it. Dreamer then continued her story, “I was the one dubbed the freak, hence the freak tank. Korse named it that. I have scars up my back from being whipped and the V shaped ones are from the wings they tried to grow”, She paused to pull back her jacket to show me. The scars were horrid and terrified me.

“They tried to give me gills, like a fucking fish. Scars on my neck,” she pulled back her bandana to show me those scars. Three jagged lines were sported on each side of her neck. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. She once again resumed, “The ones on my arms are my fault, from fighting back when I was in restraints. I broke out and they shocked me, they thought it killed me. Lucky break I guess. But they hadn’t tested those pills yet either. They knew it would heal superficial injuries, but also made you almost un-killable. I have never been the same since.

“Well I got my car and all my stuff was still in it. So I just…took off. I just kept driving and never looked back.” She paused one last time. “I still wonder about my family my mom and my baby brother, I want to know if they are alright. They could have been brain washed along with my three older brothers and my sister. As for my Dad, I’m sure he’s dead. Fires probably got him. Sometimes I wish I knew.” She ran her hand through her electric blue hair and sighed.

“Hard life, I feel for ya. It’s understandable why you want to strike revenge on BLI and Korse. How they experimented in you and shit. They had not fuckin’ right”, I replied softly.

“Korse will know who I am and I have done what I have done. I will be the one to kill Korse and he isn’t getting the usual double tap his fucking dracs get. Hell, he’s gonna be tortured and beated before I shoot him between the eyes.” Her words were cold and seeking revenge. Of course she was, who wouldn’t want revenge after all that? “You wanna know the worst of it, Kilo?” she asked. Frankly, I was scared to hear what she had to say.

“I should be the mother two beautiful twin girls. But I have no children anymore. They killed them both right in front of me”, she said slamming her fist into the dirt. I paused taking all of this in.

“I’d be more than happy to help you defeat Korse and the rest of BLI.”

“Thanks Kilo…..What about your story? How’d you become a Killjoy?” I searched my mind for the memories and then began to recite them.

“When I was around five years old, my parents started to notice my rebellious behavior. They didn’t like it one bit. I’d never listen, never conform. They crudely left me on a sidewalk in the ghetto of Battery. I quickly learned to pick through people’s trash to find what I needed to survive. I found it easier to wallow around the less poverty stricken parts of the city to find what I needed. By the time I was 8, I already knew how to steal and professionally pick through trash. I guess that’s not something to be proud of”, I laughed.

“But anyway, someone finally caught me stealing some food or something from them. They called the authorities and some dracs dragged me away to BLI. There I was placed in orphanage for others like me. They tried to make me conform, but I always refused. Soon they began issuing ‘punishment’ to those who disobeyed. They would neglect to give you food and they would beat you until you did what they wanted. I finally gave in and obeyed them, for a while. But I never lost my pride, never forgot who I was.” I paused to breath.

“By the age of eleven, they thought I was stable enough to be adopted. I finally lashed out and stabbed a drac in the hand. I was issued three days without food. They took me out of the adoption program and put me into a new program. I never found out what it was, I was there for long.

“One day, they were transporting me and some other kids to a room. Earlier that day, other kids like me had been taken to the room. Even from across the whole building, I could hear their screams. I was terrified to receive the same they had, and sorrowful for those poor kids.

“Just before the drac in charge of my group opened the door. Party Poison and his crew came bursting through hallway behind us. Jet Star took out the drac. Fun Ghoul and Kobra Kid led us to the van, they were very kind and kept telling us everything was going to be alright. Moments after we all got to the van, Poison and Jet Star came running out of the building, shooting back at dracs as they neared the van. Then they also jumped in and we all drove off. Some of the kids were crying but all I could do was smile.

“It wasn’t long until we reach the first couple zones. I remember looking out the window and watching the tumbling weeds roll across the desert’s face. About thirty minutes later we reached someplace out in zone 13. Kobra called it The Guarden. There, they led us in and we were introduced to an older Killjoy named Kind Keeper. She raised me and others until we were old enough to fight, which was when I was 16.

“I’m not the best at shooting, but I’m good with strategy. After I got a little taste of fighting I decided it would be best if I went out on my own. That way I could learn my own skills and improve others. I wandered the zones until finding my junk yard out in 7. It was perfect at the time. The first thing I found was that red and purple motorcycle”, I said gesturing to the means of which I got there.

“I’ve lived at the junk yard ever since. I take the supplied I have and give it to Killjoys in need.”

“At least the guys saved you from that nasty life you had before. Kid….you’re living with me and the girls for a while. I will get you shooting like me in no time. I used to teach at keepers place, did I teach you? I was pretty young….well, how old are you? I apologize for calling you kid, I call everyone that except for the boys.”

“I’m 21, so yeah…still a kid, I guess”, I laughed. “I don’t think you taught me, some girl named Kaller Karma taught me, she wasn’t great compared to the guys, but she taught me how to fire none the less. Would you really let me live with you guys?”

“Hell yeah kid! And I’ll let you come and go as you please after you shoot like a pro. See, I’m everyone’s mother around here. It’s good for those who lost their parents and it’s good for me given I lost both my girls”, she replied.

“Yeah, I’m real sorry for that. I can’t imagine how painful that must’ve been for you. I’m very thankful that you are willing to help me.”

“Kilo, I would insist on it. I can’t stand a Killjoy not having someone to support them. Ghoul and Party are mine as well as the kids. I teach Chemical Rage, he was 14 when he came,he's 21 now, Twisted Tragedy is 16, Acidic Rainbow being the youngest at 12. Then there was Sky High Dead, who left off on his own a year ago, he is 20 now.

“Enough on me, Hun. Anything you want to say or asked? Anything you name it I will try to my best to answer”, she said kindly. I thought about the question that I always have wondered.
Sign up to rate and review this story