Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Tale of Two Killjoys

2

by Skyisnotthelimit 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-06-27 - Updated: 2012-06-28 - 1660 words

0Unrated
Kilo's POV

“…What is it like to, y’know…to uh…kill a drac? I’ve never done, I’m just able to injure them because my shot’s so bad”, I laughed, “….but….what is it like?”

“Well….you get really scared at first, but then realizing you just killed a bad guy, knowing you have the ability to do something that crazy… it feels damn good. If it’s a group of em, the adrenaline kicks in and crazy shit happens”, she replied frankly.

“Cool”, I grinned widely.

“C’mon kid, you gotta have something else?!” Dreamer laughed lightly.

“No, not really”, I laughed, “I don’t know, this is all so new to me still.”

“Okay. Trust me it gets easier as you go and I will take you on a raid so can have shiny new stuff instead of junk and scraps” she laughed. I looked down at my clothing. She was right. I really looked like I lived in a dump; well I practically did but…whatever.

“You said you were 21? I’m only little older than you, about two years.”

“Wow, I knew you looked young, but you act the guys’ age. I guess it’s because of your hardship though.

“Yeah well, I think I’m two years older than you. But shit, I don’t know anymore”, she laughed.

“Yeah, sometimes it’s hard to remember when you’re out here, especially when you’re on your own for a while”, I replied. “Luckily, I keep tallies, and there’s a shitload of calendars at the dump, some go past two years from now. I also have some dinosaur pc’s from 2007-2013. Network’s still up, and I’ve found my way around trackers and firewalls”, I smiled.

“Nice! You can be my new computer nerd since my last one left”, Dreamer laughed. I smirked knowing she had just called me a nerd. There was another long silence, but I could feel something radiating off of Dreamer. It was a sadness. I decided to leave it alone, knowing that she has had a hard time already.

“Hey kid, I’m sorry. It’s just that my girls’ birthday was last week and I hate not having them, so sorry I’m kind of…a downer, I guess”, she sighed.

“No it’s fine. I don’t get to talk or even hang out with other Killjoys very much. I’m usually running, trying to deliver supplied or something. This is kind of a treat really”, I smiled.

“Well I appreciate someone at least close to my age who understands a bit better.”

“What can I say?” I shrugged, “Killjoys should be there for other Killjoys. I’m glad I could help” I said smiled softly.

“Kilo, you on ahead and rest. I’m taking first guard watch. I’ll wake you if I get tired or if there is any sign of trouble.”

“Alright, don’t be afraid to slap me or something. I can be a deep sleeper”, I replied lying down on my side. The warmth of the fire acted as a blanket on my back. I soon fell asleep.

“Alright!” I felt something hard smack me on the side of the head. “Kilo get your ass up, it’s time to pack up and start on the road again!”

I groaned and rubbed the spot where I was hit. “Oww”, I complained. I slowly rose to my feet and plodded over to my bag to pack my things. I then walked back to where I was sleeping and sat down to put on my boots.

“Okay”, I said standing up, “Ready to go.”

“Kay, good!” Dreamer smiled and then handed me a can of open Power Pup. “Here’s some food…er Power Pup, eat up!” she grinned widely. I looked down at the can and frowned.

“I’ve always hated this stuff”, I said taking it from her. I took one bite and grimaced, then I looked at her with that ‘Do I really have to?’ look.

“Yes, you do. Now eat it. I ate mine!” She said showing me her empty can. I groaned and mumbled curses under my breath, then resumed to eat it the horrid food.

“Hey! At least it keeps you alive”, she said. She shyly smiled, “ and curse away honey, you still have to eat it.” She then walked away with a wicked grin. Man, no wonder everyone sees her as a mother. She acts just like one!

I rolled me eyes and quickly shoved the rest of the food down my throat. “Sooooo….what are we doing today? Where are we going?”

“Well, I think we will head to the Die-ner, see if the boys are there. Then we will take the rounds of ammo and food to Killjoys who need it and we might stop in zone 7 to pick up the girls and head to the city.” She put on her gloves as I tried to remove the taste of Power Pup from my mouth with the water I brought with me.

“You haven’t had real food in a while, have you?” She eyed me carefully.

“Uh…not really” I confessed as I looked down at my gloves.

“I will cook you some of the rations I got from the city. It’s not great but it’s not Power Pup!” Sky said with a smile and some laughs.

“Okay, thanks! I really appreciate all this, I really do”, I said happily.

“Hey, no need to thank me. You really need this more than I do right now”, she said seriously. I nodded.

We then got on our motorcycles and I followed Dreamer to the Die-ner. I’ve only been there a couple of times, the last was about a year before all of this. I was delivering something to Party and his crew. We pulled in front of the small diner and got off our vehicles.

“Okay, Party looks like he might be here. His car is at least, let’s check it out”, said Dreamer. She walked up to the door and kick it in. “Yo, Party! You in here?!” She shouted.

We both walked into the Die-ner and looked around at all the dust.

“It’s Sky and Kilo!” She yelled. “Hey kid, go check the back”, she ordered me.

“Okay”, I said gladly and then I ran to the back. I slowly pushed open the door. “Party? You there? It’s Kilo.”

“Oh come in here!” He said jumping off the bed. “I haven’t seen your ass around here in so long!” he exclaimed. I was grinning like a maniac at just the sight of man. Just then Sky ran into the room. I smiled at her and she smiled back kindly.

“Yeah I know!”, I said returning my attention back to Poison. “How have you been?”

He laughed at my eagerness, “Well girl, I have been running drills with the guys and surviving! All I can do I can do, I guess. What about yourself? And hell its Skyline Dreamer! I haven’t seen your face much either. How did you find Kilo?” He asked

“Uh long story short, she needed help and I needed help!” she replied. A sassy smiled spread across Party’s face.

“What? Too good for ol’ Party Poison’s help now?” He then walked towards me and gave me a tight hug. I happily hugged him back.

“Party where’s my hug?” Sky asked.

“You don’t get one. Only people who aren’t too good for me get hugs”, he teased.

“Nah, never too good for you Poison”, I laughed. “Actually though, to answer your earlier question, I’ve decided to live with Dreamer here. She’s gonna teach me a couple of her tricks”, I replied.

“Oh trick of the trade, eh? Dreamer, you holdin’ out on me now too? Damn, thought you were my favorite!” He gave a pretend pout, “Oh come here you!” He said giving Sky a hug.

“Party, I would teach you if didn’t know everything already!” She laughed into his shoulder. “There are a few things you taught me from my days here with you guys!”

“Where is everyone else, Dreamer?” Party asked as his exited the hug.

“Eh ya know the girls are in zone seven, Chem is where ever he hides these days. Dead left last year. Well are the rest of your guys at anyway?”

“Yeah, I haven’t seen them much either”, I added.

“Ghoul and Jet are playing with the old Venda hack and Kobra took Missle Kid out for some fun shooting dracs. Kilo, where is your gang? You weren’t alone, were you kid?” Poison asked.

“Actually, yeah I’ve been alone since I’ve left the Guarden”, I laughed sadly and looked down at my boots awkwardly. Party lifted my chin so I could look into his eyes.

“Kilo, when I found you. I told you there is strength in numbers. You shouldn’t ever be without a group! You’re lucky now, you have a group and you are gonna be often.” He smiled that sassy smile. “And I forbid you, young lady, from leaving this group!” He tried to say in the best fatherly voice as possible. I gigged and nodded.

“Okay, okay! I’ll stay in Dreamer’s group.” I looked at her and smiled, “I don’t think I’d want to leave anyway.” She smiled back.

“Okay good because kid, I would cry if you left me!” she exclaimed and then we both laughed. “Well Party, we need to get back. So we will be by tomorrow to see everyone.” She kissed Party’s cheek.
“Keep running, Hun. We will see you tomorrow”, he said as Sky and I left the room.

“Bye Party!” I said waving goodbye and then I followed Dreamer out to our motorcycles.
Sign up to rate and review this story