Categories > TV > Supernatural > Never Go Back

Part 2

by MCRLoverCarley 0 reviews

The guys go on a regular hunt that isn't so regular...

Category: Supernatural - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2012-06-28 - Updated: 2012-06-28 - 1169 words

0Unrated
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ᏎᎷᎧᏁᎿᏥᏕ ᏝᎯᎿᏋᏒ
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last four months had gone surprisingly well Dean and Bobby thought, Sam wasn't trying to kill Bobby anymore seeing as far as he was concerned his soul was lost for good and he didn't need Balthazar's spell thing as Alex had put it and Cas had told them that he had a plan to get the upper hand in the angel civil war so as long as that turned out well there'd be no more trouble upstairs... Hopefully. Dean was still no closer to figuring out who Alex had been but he knew he'd known him (or her) during their life because Alex had told him and he just seemed so goddamned familiar and because he could tell that Sam recognised him but every time Dean questioned him he just shrugged it off and told him he wasn't sure. Bobby had no clue either and Cas was more or less off grid all the time so they had no idea if he knew but Alex knew him so the fact that the four of them all knew him narrowed it down somewhat but they were still no closer to the discovery which seemed to please Alex for some reason, almost as if he were ashamed to let them know of what he'd become.

They were now on what they thought was a routine hunt but how long had it been for them since anything was just routine? They knew something was up they just didn't know what. They gathered intel like normal but were completely stumped. Dean tapped impatiently on the grimy motel bed as he waited for Bobby to pick up. "What d'ya want this time idjit?" he answered oh so sweetly. "Nice to talk to you too Bobby." Dean replied as he placed the phone on the bedside table and put it on speaker. "Well we got no clue with this one Bobby. Children going missing late at night after claiming to have seen some kind of large raven always after it became dark." Sam started explain when his own phone started ringing. He picked up the phone and quickly recognised the number. "Hang on Bobby I'm getting a call from the leading officer in this case." He told him and answered the phone. "Hello officer what is it?" Dean heard Sam say as he started telling Bobby more about the case. "The kids have all been young Bobby, like three to eight kinda young. This is one sick creature, we need to gank it and fast." He said. "I know Dean but ya can't gank it until ya know what it is." He replied sounding equally frustrated. He heard his brother say his name and turned to face him. "They found the first missing kid, the four year old. His arms and legs had been ripped off and were practically just bone and his heart had been eaten. Looks like whatever it was, it was only getting started on the torso." Sam repeated what the officer had told him to Dean and Bobby. "Sounds like a Nachtkrapp, that's weird." A different voice from Bobby's end said.

Dean and Sam shared glanced and Sam shrugged. "Bobby have you got Alex with you?" Dean asked with his eyebrows raised, even though Bobby obviously couldn't see. "Yes he does. Hi Dean, hi Sam." Alex replied before Bobby had a chance to. "Why are you there?" Sam asked, just as curious as Dean about the reasoning behind it. "He's helping me find your soul, what did ya think I was doing in my free time, ya idjit?" Bobby shot back and Sam shifted uncomfortably, obviously still not wanting his soul. "Oh, well uh thanks, I guess? Anyway whats so strange about it being a Nachtkrapp? And what is a Nachtkrapp?" Dean asked Alex. "Literally means Night Crow and they're nasty sons of bitches is what they are, they take children that see them back to their nest and eat them. First they rip off the arms and then the legs and then… they eat the heart. No one knows if the kids are alive when they start but it's a safe bet that they are seeing as they don't appear to have a different cause of death. The reason it's weird is because they don't leave Germany." Alex let the details roll off his tongue easily. Dean grimaced and Sam appeared unfazed and Dean wondered why for a second before remembering oh wait, he doesn't have a soul. "How'd you know all this?" Sam asked because Dean was just trying hard not to be sick. "I have my sources." Alex replied and the others noted the sadness in his voice that he desperately, but unsuccessfully, tried to hide. They knew that there was far more to that story than he would ever let on and they probably wouldn't find out.

"Alright so how do we kill it?" Sam asked after an extended silence and there was a pause from Alex for a long while. "No idea." He replied finally and Dean looked taken aback. "Wha d'ya mean no idea? Surely you gotta know something!" he argued his voice level raising with each word. "I don't know Dean! No one has ever killed one of these things! They're serious business and really hard to find so there isn't a way to know you're just gonna have to pray a shotgun works I guess." Came Alex's disgruntled response. Dean walked over to one side of the crappy motel room and punched the wall as hard as he could and Sam watched knowing he should be feeling bad for his brother but just being completely unable to. "Wait angels can destroy anything, right? Let's call in a favour from Cas."Sam said to Dean as he came to the realisation himself. "Okay. Dear Castiel we pray for you to get your butt down here before lots of kids die because of some creepy thing called a Nachtkepp which we can't kill because we don't know how." Dean spoke towards the ceiling as he sat back on the bed and nursed his hand. They heard a flutter of wings and turned to see Cas had appeared at the door. "You called Dean? Hello Sam." Cas said in his usual distant tone. "Yeah we did. You and your angel buddies can kill anything right? Well we need you to gank it for us, we can't and there's no recorded method for getting rid of 'em." Dean explained to Cas who carried on gazing blankly at the space between them. "Very well Dean. I will take care of it." he replied casually and carried on staring at the space where Alex had just appeared. "I guess there wasn't much point of me coming here then." he smirked and leaned against the wall.

Authors Note: so the second part is up now. Yay! Please please please rate and review! I want to know what you think, even if it is criticism (As long as its constructive!) :)
Sign up to rate and review this story