Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Not So Irrational

Dreams

by princessofoyownworld 23 reviews

Archie finds away that he could win every argument he has with Jay over sailing being a horrible sport. Only he wishes that everything could go back to the way it was, where he lost all of the argu...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-08 - Updated: 2006-07-08 - 2690 words

2Exciting
Oh my did I lie? You guys get another story from yours truly. Well I did not intend to update, except that about midnight the other day I got hit by a huge bit of inspiration. The result is the first bit of this story. And a treat it should have longer chapters. Please try and enjoy. I DO NOT OWN CLASS OF THE TITANS!!!

**

Jay saw it all; he saw every horrible minute of it. And it was his fault and his fault alone. They could never win against Cronos now. And all it took was a single wave and a shark.

A single wave knocked them down from seven to six. It was only a matter of time Cronos took over the world and there was nothing Jay and the remaining Titans could do about it. He lay his head down on his pillow dreamland beckoned him.

*

The sun poured in to the living room of the brownstone house, bathing the inhabitants in a soft yellow light. The seven titans were still trying to fully wake up. Jay wandered over to the window.

He found that the ocean was calm and there were no clouds in the sky. "Odie what is the weather report for today?" He asked, the sight of the calm ocean made his body long for the feel of sea on his skin and the wheel in his hands.

Odie began to search the weather on his ever-present laptop. He pulled up the right website before replying. 'Looks like clear sailing, a few waves though." Odie replied, knowing what Jay had in mind. Jay smiled; over the past nine months they had all grown so close to each other.

"Anyone want to go for a sail?" Jay asked, turning around to see his friends smiling and chatting with each other. Everyone but Atlanta and Odie had a steaming mug of hot coffee in hand, including Jay. Purple haired Archie and red haired Atlanta was arguing over the best type of arrow; a sight so normal that no one bothered to stop them. Odie was typing on his ever-present laptop. Herry was cramming cereal into his mouth at an alarming rate. Neil was styling his golden hair. Theresa was lounging by Jay's side, smiling happily.

"You know it!" Most of the group chimed.

"Over my dead body!" Archie joked; they all knew that they would have a fight on their hands to get him out on the water.

"Oh come on Archie, your irrational fear of water is going to take over your life!" Theresa teased playfully.

"Oh go easy on him!" Atlanta said at her friend's defense, her fiery temper showing threw her words.

"I can defend myself Atlanta." Archie said trying to retain a macho stance. He knew that all of his friends could see right through it.

"Oh just come with us already." Jay said putting an end to the argument he knew would start up pretty quick. Atlanta punched Archie in the arm playfully and Archie just shrugged as the others went to put their swimming stuff on under their street clothes.

***

The weather was perfect for sailing and before long everyone but Jay and Archie were in the water beside the boat. They were playing Marco polo, but it was hard because they could not touch the ground. They trusted each other not to let the person with their eyes closed get to far.

Jay turned to Archie who was on a seat looking at the water, but still tense because if his fear. Jay smiled, the two of them were watching the others, it was all so peaceful. Neither of them wanted it to come to an end, but both of the, were waiting for Hermes to appear in the distance or Hera's voice come over the PMR.

They were both so used to having all of the peaceful moments wrecked my Cronos. Archie failed to notice the others go silent Jay did not say anything. He had shared a glance with Theresa and knew what was going to happen.

"Ahh!" Archie screamed loudly as he felt warm ocean water run down his back. He fell back in surprise and kept screaming. The others laughed loudly, Archie glared at them, before grabbing on to the side of the boat and pulling himself back aboard. "Not funny guys!" He said coolly.

"Yes it was." Atlanta teased; Archie knew then and there whose idea it had been to pour water down his back.

"Man you scream like a girl." Herry said through laughter, he had had to resort to holding on to the side of the boat to stay a float he was laughing so hard. Archie's eyes light up as he grabbed a bucket- he now knew his revenge. He dipped the bucket into the water, filling it to the top.

"Archie you better not be bringing that aboard." Jay said, suddenly clicking into Archie's plan. '

"Just watch me." Archie said, a smirk appearing on his face. He slowly made his way over to where the others had pilled their street clothes; he held the full bucket threateningly over the clothes.

"No!" The titans in the water screamed.

"Yes." Archie said, mischievousness flooding his voice as he dumped the water on the clothes, soaking them.

"Oh, your cruel." Atlanta said, the want for revenge appearing in her voice.
"Jay pass us the bucket." Herry commanded, Atlanta's plan clicking in his head. The others laughed; they all knew what was going to happen. Jay tossed them the bucket; Neil caught it and took the liberty of filling it.

Archie snuck to the other side of the boat, filling his.

"Don't get the floor to wet guys." Jay asked, not wanting any one to get hurt.

"Don't worry we will only get it wet enough." Theresa teased, looking directly at Archie. Herry and Neil flung the first bucket of water at Archie. Archie let his bucket of water fly, half of it hitting his friends, the other half hitting their clothes. Bucket after bucket of water flew, a fully fledge water war was happening.

"Ok stop it all ready!" Jay screamed over his friends laughter, the boat was soaked, he was soaked there was very little that was not soaked. And he had not even been in the water fight.

"You have to learn to lighten up Jay!" Theresa teased as they climbed back on board. Atlanta carrying the bucket and Archie dumping his. Atlanta made her way to Archie and whispered some thing in his ear; both of them refilled their buckets and crept up behind Jay.

"Not cool!" Jay yelled loudly as Archie and Atlanta dumped their buckets over his head. Everyone burst out laughing at the sight of his or her leader, before long Jay had to laugh as well. It had been a long time since they had had the opportunity to laugh so hard. "We better head home guys, it is getting late." Jay said with a smile as his laughter subsided. The others were to tired to object and it starting to cloud up.

Odie emerged from below, holding blankets in his arms. He passed them out, everyone but Jay took one. Odie wrapped his around himself and looked down into the waters, which were beginning to become choppy. "Shark!" He screamed seeing the signature fin poking out of the water.

"Are you sure?" Neil asked.

"Why don't you check for us Neil?" Archie said, everyone but Neil had grown to trust Odie's knowledge.

"Yep defiantly a shark." Neil said as he looked over the edge, the shark poked his head out of the water, staring Neil in the eyes. The waves quickly became harsher and crashed onto the deck of the boat.

Archie sunk into a corner and pulled his hood over his head, murmuring softly. Jay quickly had the others helping him get the boat back to shore and Atlanta trying to calm Archie down.

The sky grew dark by the minute and the each wave was stronger than the last, shaking the boat more each time. The shark swam around the boat, like he was guarding his prey, waiting for them to die.

Atlanta put a comforting arm around Archie, who was gripping the boat tightly, and whispered softly in his ear "Archie, please we need your help." Archie just whimpered, this was too much for him, one wave and he would go over board, and if he did not drown the shark would eat him. No there was no way he would make it if he let go of the boat. "Archie please." Atlanta asked again, getting close to begging as Theresa was almost swept over board Herry had managed to grab hold of her in the nick of time.

Archie gripped the side of the boat tighter as a large wave rocked it. The wave nearly knocked Atlanta over board but she managed to grab the edge of the boat.

A few minutes passed and the waves grew harsher still. Archie sat on his knees, Atlanta still trying to get him to help. Atlanta let go of the railing for a minute, taking notice of the shark looming in the water and held her hand out to help Archie up.

Archie held his hand up to grab Atlanta's as a large wave swept her overboard. Archie looked dazed for a moment as he grasped the concept that Atlanta was in the water. He forced himself up; nobody else had noticed that she was overboard.

"ARCHIE!" Atlanta screamed, terror flooding her veins and voice. The shark was swimming closer to her; if Archie hurried he could still save her. Archie reached an arm over the side of the boat to help hi friend.

"HELP!" Atlanta screamed at the top of he lungs as a large wave swept her farther away from the boat. Water filled her lungs and she had to cough, another wave pushed her under. She did her best to swim towards the boat, the waves were to strong and frequent, the undercurrent was to strong. She found herself being swept father and farther from the boat. She heard something taking powerful strokes towards her; she made herself look hoping to find Herry swimming towards her. It was not Herry; she had a new understanding of Archie's fear of water.

The solitary shark swam towards her, yellow eyes locking on to her. She felt herself freeze up with fear and her breath leave her. She gasped for air, she felt like she had been drained of all the oxygen of her system and a pillow was smothering her, she could not breath. "HELP ME!" She yelled, fear the only tone in her voice, her regular sarcasm gone, and her regular bounce gone.

The shark loomed closer; its powerful body cutting threw the water like a hot knife threw butter. Atlanta gasped her lungs being filled with water. The shark made his move, biting down on Atlanta's small frame.

Archie's face became white he started to sway. The other titans immediately turned around at the sound of a sickening crunch. Atlanta's blood pouring into the water, dyeing it a pale pink. The shark quickly finished his meal as more sharks started to flock to the site because of the blood.

The sharks began to attack the boat; one by one the other titans fell to the same death as Atlanta. Jay felt himself being flung into the water. He screamed loudly as he felt himself fly over board into the blood red water. He waited for his body to hit the water, he was shocked to find himself land on his bed.

***

He looked around wildly, trying to figure out where he was. He looked over to Archie's bed and found that it was still made and Archie was nowhere in sight. He panicked was his dream true, were all the others dead? A little voice reminded him that the shark had only managed to eat Atlanta. They got the boat docked safely; the others only had a few bruises and scratches. He was shocked to find that he had just seen the horrible trip from more than just his point of view.

He thought of Archie, he knew that he was lying to himself by saying that they had only come away with a few bruises and scratches, His friend might never recover from Atlanta's death, the others took it pretty hard to. But Archie took it the worst; Atlanta was his best friend, his other half.

Jay wandered down the stairs and into the downstairs hall. He listened intently, he had not heard anything from Herry, Odie and Neil's room, and he wanted to know where his friends were. He walked softly, trying to not make a noise and go unnoticed. He crept passed Theresa and Atlanta's room; he listened on the door for a moment and heard nothing.

He was listened for a few more minutes; it was part of his normal midnight routine. Normally he heard Neil's loud snoring, Odie typing something and Herry mumbling in his sleep when he walked passed the other boys rooms. Archie was a silent sleeper, though he tossed and turned a lot. Jay found that he was a silent sleeper as well but did not move in his sleep. Normally when he walked passed the girls room he heard him them talking or murmuring in their sleeps.

It took him a moment to realize that Theresa was the only girl left and she alone would have the room. He would never hear Atlanta's murmuring when he took his nightly walks.

Jay continued down the hall to the second set of stairs and heard soft crying and the sound of a movie. He was not close enough to see what movie it was. He wandered into the living room and saw his friends gathered.

Archie was lying on the floor staring at the ceiling. His purple hair was messed up and spread out on the soft white carpet. He had his head cupped in his hands and he looked like he had been crying, in fact tears were silently falling from his sapphire eyes.

Odie was leaning against the couch, attempting to watch the movie. His dark brown hair was sagging, like it to felt the sadness in the room. His dark green tinted glasses particularly hiding the tears that were falling from his eyes. Unlike Archie he was sobbing softly.

Herry was hugging his teddy bear tightly. The bear's head looked like it was about to pop off because of the pressure. Like everyone else in the room tears were falling from his eyes. He was sitting in an oversized white armchair, trying to watch the movie.

Neil was in the kitchen, standing by the microwave. His blonde hair was a mess. He watched the popcorn that he was popping spin around in the microwave. He was sobbing softly.

Theresa was lying on the couch, he long red hair was hanging off the arm. Tears were falling from her face and she was sobbing,

"What are we watching?" Jay asked, as kindly as he could. It was hard for him to speak with the amount of tears falling from his face.


"National Treasure." The titans said in a monotone voice.

"But you guys hate that movie." Jay said confused, the only reason it was in the house was because of Atlanta and they never let her watch it.

"It was Atlanta's favorite." Theresa said, speaking in a soft voice. Jay wandered over to the couch and Theresa sat up to let him sit. She rested her head on his shoulder.

Archie turned his head to see Theresa rest he head on Jay's shoulder. He bolted out of the brownstone house when he saw Jay wrap his arm around Theresa's slim waist.

*

Please rate and review! I need to hear what you people think. And I know that many of you will not be happy with me for killing Atlanta, but it will all become clear by the time this story is finished.
Sign up to rate and review this story