Categories > Original > Drama > Peace, Love and Homicide

Chapter 7- Forget and never remember-

by InuGirl1 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-07-10 - Updated: 2012-07-10 - 3098 words

0Unrated
I was sitting on the bed with Darien’s life-less body in my hands; it must have been hours since he died because I could feel how cold his body was getting. He felt like a peace of stone resting on my lap.

I couldn’t feel the tears anymore: my face had gone numb from the utter shock that has taken over my body. I could hear my steady breathing and I could see the ragged tears fall from my face and onto his cheek.

The door unlocked and in came another man, trying to take away the dead body from my hands. But I wouldn’t let him, Darien’s life-less body was the only thing keeping me sane, keeping me from killing every person in my path. If I let him go I didn’t know if I could stop myself if I tried to commit homicide. I wasn’t the strong person my grandma told me about anymore, I was a weak, tired, scared girl who just wanted the man she fell for to hold her in a warm embrace and tell her how much he loved her.

But no, that wasn’t going to happen because I killed him. Me. The one person who could trust had killed him… what had come over me? How could I have killed the only man I cared about?

“Mi-miss?” I could hear the man talk to me but I didn’t have the strength to look up and talk to him. “Miss, we need to take him away…” I could hear his steady voice as well as a hint of fear. Did everyone fear me now, because I could kill and not remember until it was over? Did I even give him a chance to talk me out of it?

“Screw you.” Was all that came out of my mouth. I could hear the mans heavy sigh, and the sound of his feet walking towards the door, leaving me to drown in my own despair.

Once the door closed my body relaxed slightly, until the door opened again and I managed to yell to the mystery person “I SAID SCREW OFF!” when I looked up I was face to face with Dan.

“Maria, you have to let go of him now.” Dan’s voice was stern and I knew I wasn’t going to be able to work my way around this.

“Dan, I’m not letting go of him, I'm never going to let go of him.” My voice was strained and came out as just a whisper.

“He’s freaking dead Maria!” the way he said those words made me wince back in pain, I could feel my heart stop and I had to hold my breath to stop myself from flinging forward and attacking him strait on. Once I knew I was going to be ok I set down Darien’s body and walked over to Dan.

“Dan, do you want to die tonight because that can be arranged…” the way he looked at me made me want to kill him, the way he smiled at me made me want to rip his face off.

“Maria, please don’t tell me you can’t remember why you killed him?" I could see him suppress a small laugh.

Then it came back to me, like being hit by a title wave. I had killed the man I loved for this bastard! I had killed him because Dan told me to, because he tricked me into thinking that I loved him, that I was in love with Dan.

A small gasp left my lips as I fell to my knees and put the top of my head to the ground. ‘How could I have killed Darien? How in hells name could someone have talked me into killing him?’ I felt like I was about to faint.

“What, you really didn’t remember why you were killing that ass: who played you and acted like he had feelings for you when he really didn’t?” he laughed then turned to walk out the door.

“Dan, the next time you come back here, don’t expect me to try not to kill you.” he left me alone in that room, the one with the man that I loved.

My head was pounding and I could barely open my eyes up. My body as covered in a soft but heavy cover and my bed was raised by something that must have been a pillow.

‘Am I still in the hotel with Darien?’ I started to toss and turn so that I could get my arms out of the soft embrace of the blanket.

When a soft laugh sounded threw the room I opened my eyes and found myself staring up at a canopy made of a red silk. I looked down at the bed spread and found that it wasn’t the same one from the hotel but a black comforter. “What the-“ the next word never left my mouth when I turned my head to the side to find the man from my dreams: Dan, sitting in a chair beside me.

“Hi?” was all he said to me before I bolted out of the bed and ran for the door, franticly turning and pulled at the knob, but soon finding that I was locked. Like in my dream.

I could hear footsteps behind me and when I turned around Dan was standing just a couple feet away from me. I crouched down into the closest corner and covered my face. “Please let this be a dream, please let this be a dream.” My voice just loud enough for me to hear.

When I looked up to see if Dan was still standing there I found him scratching the back of his head confused with the sudden actions. I got up slowly and walked around behind him to sit on the black bed again. When he followed my actions I finally had the guts to talk to him.

“You’re not going to hurt me?” my voice was low and steady.

“Umm, no?” he looked away at the door like he was praying for someone to come and get him away from me. “My name is-“ before he could finish I answered for him.

“Dan.” He cocked his head to the side giving me a confused glance.

“Umm, yes, and you must be-“

“Maria.”

“Are you going to keep finishing my sentences for me?” he gave me a flirty smile.

“If you keep saying everything that I already know, then yes.” I smiled back at him, finding that it was very easy to like this man.

“Well, can you tell me how you know my name?”

“Bad dream.” When I realized that I had said too much I covered my mouth with my hands and my eyes went wide waiting for him to comment on what I had just said.

He laughed. “Well I’m sorry to hear that it was a bad dream.” He just looked at me after, waiting for me to say something.

“Well, umm. Yah.” A small blush washed over my face as I tried to think of something to talk about. “Any chance you can tell me were I am?” I gave him my best flirty smile and saw him try to decide if he could. “You don’t have to, if you don’t want to.” I added for reassurance.

After what seemed like an eternity of waiting he finally looked up at me and answered. “You’re in what is called the university for Demons and Warlocks.” I gave him puzzled look and he went on. “When you change into a demon or warlocks, you are sent here to learn different things about yourself and about the history of warlocks and demons as well as whom our enemies are-“

“Angels and ogres…” it wasn’t a question, more so an answer. When I looked up I found him to be smiling at me.

“There you go again, finishing my sentences.” He shook his head at me then got up from the bed. “Are you hungry, you’ve been sleeping for quite a wile.” He reached his hand out waiting for me to grab it. When I did, I could feel a weird urge to pull back and stay in the bed yet my stomach had a different idea and decided to grumble at that very moment.

“I guess I kinda am hungry.” I laughed at my stupidity as he pulled me out of the room and walked me down the same hall as my first dream. Only one thing was different about this hallway and it was all the people walking threw it, making it harder to weave threw the crowds of people.

I could feel people’s eyes on me as I walked with Dan, feeling a little self conscious I turned my body towards his and tilted my head to hide my face.

“Don’t worry, there just gawking because we haven’t had a knew recruit in 6 years.” He looked down and smiled at me making my face turn a bright red.

That’s when I noticed it, it hit me like a punch in the face. Looking around the hallways I noticed something that scared me more then it shocked me… Where were all the bullies? Where were all the ‘nerds’ that were getting pushed into lockers and being thrown against the wall! This isn’t high school this is hell!

“Dan?” I looked up at him seeing that his face hadn’t even changed seeing the way everyone was acting around the school. He looked down at me giving me a small “hmm?” then waiting for me to ask him my question. “Please don’t laugh at me for this, but were are all the bullies and all the nerds?” I could feel the blush wash over my face as I tried to break eye contact with him.

His smile widen as we reached a closed door with the numbers 236 written on it. I finally let go of his arm and stepped back to lean against the door, my legs crossing as I looked up waiting for him to answer my stupid question.

“I believe this is the same way with Angels and Ogres but with us Demons and Warlocks, we can hear each others thoughts and we can feel each others feelings. When it comes to bullies, well if you hurt another student then everyone is going to know including the teachers because they can feel whats going on to that student and they can also hear what he and the bully are thinking. There really is no point to being a bully when you can never get away with it.”

“Well what happens when two people fall in love and become… intimate with each other?” I couldn’t believe that I didn’t blush as I asked him the question!

“Well that’s a good question.” He smiled at me. “When two people become intimate : as you put it, then there connection with everyone else disappears and the only thing they have left is the connection with each other. The good thing is about that is that when you fall in love with someone that person is your life line.”

“Life line?” I cocked my head to the side in confusion.

“A life line is the person that Hades or Zeus has chosen for you to fall in love with. There is no chance that you will ever fall for another person because you mentally know that, that person is the one your suppose to be with. If that person ever dies, you will die yourself, that’s why people call them life lines.” I could read his expression as he explained all of this to me, it was like he wasn’t even there anymore. It looked like he was reading this off a book as he looked at the wall with a blank expression plastered over his face.

“How do you know that person is your life line?” the bell for class rang and students started to poor into the different doors that lined the hall. Dan and I were the only people left standing there as the doors closed signaling that class had started.

“When you meet your life line, they will be in all of your dreams. When you are away from them, they are the ones you long to be with. Once you know who that person is then you begin to form that mental bond with them and that’s when you start to feel how the other person feels and you can hear what the other person thinks.” He shook his head like coming out of a daze and looked down at me.

Dan turned towards the door reaching out to grab and turn the handle. I also reached my hand out but instead I tugged his shirt to grab his attention.

“Dan, can you have two life lines?” his eyes went dark as he let go of the handle then let his hand drop to his side. I watched as he slowly clenched and unclenched his hands, like he was trying to chose the right words to say to me.

“There has only been one time that that has ever happened to someone, that person had to pick who they wanted as there life line then-“ he looked down at the ground shacking his head.

“What is it Dan? You can tell me.” I put my hand on his shoulder for reassurance.

“Once they picked who they wanted to be with they had to kill there other life line so that it would break between them but not kill the other person.” I was taken aback.

How could someone kill there life line, how could someone chose between two people that they loved?

‘If it were me would I chose someone else over Darien?’ my eyes went wide as I realized what I had said to myself. ‘Darien? Why would I say that?’ I laughed at myself, causing Dan to give me a confused glance before turning and walking into the classroom. I followed behind him as he walked up to a bald, pudgy man that looked to be about the age of my grandfather. I watched Dan speak to the man, making small gestures with his hand towards me. The man finally nodded and turned towards me giving me a bright cheerful smile.

“You must be Maria!” he walked over shacking my hand with both of his. “ My name is Mr. Thompson, I will be your history teacher.”

“Hi.” Was all I managed to say before he started to push me towards the front of the classroom. The class was filled with what must have been about 30 students, each gawking at me life I was some sort of scary monster.

“Now Maria, please introduce yourself. Class if you have any questions, please do not be scared to ask Maria!” he smiled and turned to sit down at his desk.

‘Crap, stupid teacher, what the hell am I supposed to say to some evil bastards?’ I took a deep breath and looked at each and every one of the students before talking.

“Hi, my name is Maria.” A couple of the students gave me a smile. “I am from Hamilton. I just turned 16.” A couple students laughed from the back row. “ IV been here for only a couple days now.” I was at a loss. I was about to talk about my favorite animals when someone put there hand up.

“Yes?” I laughed.

“ Do you know what your two powers are yet?” it was a girl in the back with long black hair.

“No, not yet. I’m still working out the kinks” another round of laughs sounded threw the class.

Another hand rose from the crowed and I pointed to the person awaiting there question.

It was a male that spoke to me this time. A cute boy with bleach blond hair. “you got a boyfriend back home?” a small giggle escaped my lips and before I could answer, a small growl escaped from the crowed and I turned to find Dan giving the boy in the back a glare that would freeze you inside out.

“No, I don’t have a boyfriend back home, but I have met someone.” My mind roamed to an embarrassing seen of Darien carrying me to my house, the day that I started to change.

I saw the teacher stand up from the corner of my eye. “Alright only two more questions, the we need to get started on history.” He sat back down in his chair, a crack filling the room.

A girl in the front row with a large pair of glasses and short brown hair raised her hand. Before I could even say yes she went and spoke out asking her question. “Tell us about your parents!”

I hadn’t even thought before I spoke. “Both my parents died in a car accident only days after I was born. My grandmother took custody of me and raised me as her own. My father was a Warlock, and my mother was an Angel.” The class made a loud gasping sound and I mentally smacked myself in the head.

The same girl spoke out again. “Well, what does that make you then?”

‘Crap, what do I say? I cant screw up now or I might get into big trouble!’ I looked down at the ground trying to think of a good answer. When I realized what I was going to say I looked up a small smile gracing my lips. “I am me. Id doesn’t matter if I am an Angel or Demon. I am just me, which should be the only thing that matters when you really think about it.” I looked over at Dan who was sitting in the back row. He smiled at me and gave me two thumbs up as the teacher walked over and stood beside me.

“Well thank you Maria for telling us all about you. Can you please take a seat beside this lovely young man hear.” He pointed to the second last row were on the left sat a boy with glasses and one seat to the right sat another boy with short black hair. I walked to the desk between the two boys and sat down, placing my bag under my feat and looking behind me at Dan.
Sign up to rate and review this story