Categories > Original > Drama > Peace, Love and Homicide

Chapter 9- Before now-

by InuGirl1 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-07-10 - Updated: 2012-07-10 - 2950 words

0Unrated
My heart was pounding as I waited for the guards to take another pass by my cage cell.

‘Damn this is taking forever!’ I screamed in my head as I let myself fall to the ground.

Only seconds later the sound of shoes clicking on the ground caught my attention and I was back on my feet standing just in the shadow of cell. The guard rang the cell bars on the door with his keys.
Hey, come out or ill come in!” I could hear the clatter of his key-chain as he picked out the right key for the door. “ I’m warning you, come out now or you will regret it!” the cell door swung open and the guard walked over to the cot that lade at the far end of the cell.

Holding my breath I snuck over to the man and grabbed him around his throat using my wrist to block his wind pipe. The moment I felt the mans body go limp I released him dropping him onto the cot and pulling the covers over his lifeless body.

I made my way out the door turning to lock the cell before exiting threw the cast iron door. Looking around the corner of this hallway I was now standing in I slipped past a passed out guard and took a sharp turn left down a dark hallway that was decorated with only 2 doors.

‘Damn this is going to take forever if I have to look threw every one of these doors!’ I could start to feel a head ache grow as I took small, quiet steps down the hallway. ‘ There has to be a faster way.’ I stopped walking and closed my eyes. Letting my thoughts wander. ‘There’ I could feel the slight pull of a life line. I turned myself around with my eyes still closed and walked in the direction that I was being mentally pulled towards.

“Hey you!” I could hear a man call from behind me as I blinked my eyes open and turned around.

The person standing before me was a slightly over weight, bald man with rosy cheeks. His eyebrows were turned into a frown and his hands were at his hips.

“You should be in your dorm room, it is past curfew!” the man reached over and grabbed my ear tugging me in the direction that I had already been walking in.

“Awww, Awww! Wait!” I yelled out stopping the man in his tracks. “I was sent to get Maria.” I explained to the man pulling away from the grasp that he had on my ear.

“Maria Hawk?”

“That’s the one!”

“Well why didn’t you tell me so? Her room is just over here. Please let me escort you to her room.” Before I could answer the man before me started walking again. I followed closely behind, trying to keep my head down whenever passing by a teacher in the hall.

We soon came up to a door made of a light brown wood. 2 locks were placed just above the handle and black words were written out around the border of the door. I let my eyes slide close for a second and felt a now strong pull just beyond the door.

“I have the keys to unlock it just give me 5 seconds.” The old man pulled out a key ring and started to flip threw them grabbing the 2 that were needed to open the locked door. “All done. Have a nice night sir. And please do not take to long, it is truly after students curfews.” With that the man turned and walked down the hall, whistling a cheery tune and rounding the corner were his song soon faded into silence.

I tapped the door handle, quickly pulling away in fear that there had been a trap set up to stop people from entering. ‘No trap? Is Hades really that full of confidence that he wouldn’t be setting up a trap to stop people from reaching her?’ I reached my hand out again and turned the door knob, letting the door open with a small creek as the hinges adjusted to its weight.

I entered the room from my dreams. The only thing different was that I wasn’t dead and that Dan wasn’t trying to get all over Maria. Actually, I didn’t even know where she was right now. I walked over to the bathroom and put my ear to it waiting to hear anything. When no sounds emanated from the room I turned around to face the bed. ‘ Wait what was that?’ I walked over to the bed and pulled down the comforter. “Maria.” My voice was only a whisper as I let out the breath I hadn’t known Id been holding.

I watched as she stirred and turned her head so that she was facing the pillow, her long locks fell around her shoulders. ‘Damn she’s beautiful.’ I let a small smile grow on my face as she whispered my name. I bent down towards her and shook her shoulders. “Maria.” I whispered. “Maria?” she turned around to face the other direction giving me a little grunt. “ Wake the hell up!” I hadn’t meant for my frustration to get the best of me, but we were short on time and I needed to get her as far away from this place as I could.

“I swear to the all mighty gods if you make me get up, I will tear your balls of Darien!” a little laugh left my mouth once I saw her pop up off the bed and slowly turn her head so that she was now looking like me.

‘Damn that was something you would see from a horror movie!’

After reuniting, we finally had the chance to escape. I watched as Maria ran in front of me trying to reach the door before I could. Then my heart stopped. I watched as her knees buckled and she started to fall towards the floor. I ran for my life and just caught her before her body fell to the floor. She whispered something that I couldn’t quite make out before she fainted, her body becoming limp in my arms.

“Ah crap, you got to be kidding me!” I looked down at her closed eyes, her breath coming out even as her face was set to a calm and content expression. ‘Damn you are perfect.’ I thought to myself as I picked her up just like the first day that we met and started to walk threw the closed doors of the academy. Once outside I took in my surroundings and drank in the fresh are that attacked my nostrils.

I could feel Maria push her self closer to my body and lay her head against my chest making a small lull as she loosened her grip on my shirt.

“She always did look so calm when she slept.” I heard someone talk as I reached the bottom of the stair case.

“See, why couldn’t escaping prison with the woman I love just be easy? Why couldn’t you have found out that we had escaped after we were gone and to far away from this place?” I let out a heavy sigh and spun around to face Dan, his hands resting at his sides as he gave me a light smile.

“Don’t worry. I’m not going to stop you.”

“Man, I really don’t wanna fi-“ wait what? I lifted my eyebrow and let my head tip to the side. “What did you just say?”

“I’m not going to stop you from escaping from here.” He repeated to me.

“Why?” I felt my voice shake and crack as I let my senses reach out around us, trying to find anyone that was waiting for us to turn and run.

“I’m not going to stop you because I know what Hades is planning to do with her.” I watched his smile fade as he looked longingly down at the woman in my arms. “ I can never let her be harmed by him, it would kill me to see her hurt or worse-“ I watched him gulp and looking away as pain struck his expression. “She is destined for greatness and I will not be the one that stops her from reaching that.” He turned to walk back into the school.

“Wait.” I called towards him just before he entered the thresh hold into the school. “Thank you. If it weren’t for you being an ass who stole the woman I love, then just maybe we could have been friends.” I gave him a little laugh then a smile which reached his face as well.

“I would have liked that.” He turned and walked threw the door way, letting it close behind him.

I looked down at the woman in my arms. ‘ Do you have every man out there rapped around your delicate finger?’ I smiled at her and turned to enter the forest.

I walked with her in my arms until the sun started to set, letting twilight fall across the sky. The sounds of night creatures awakening had me realizing that I could only walk for so much longer before I would have to rest for the night.

I walked threw the woods for only a couple more minutes before I cam up to a wide opening threw to trees. When I walked threw I was embraced by the beautiful sight of a closed off meadow, the trees surrounding it like a fortress.

‘This will have to do for the night.’ I walked towards the middle of the meadow and placed Maria onto the ground. Her fragile form twisting into a ball. ‘ I will do everything in my power to stop anyone from harming you or taking you from my grasp again.’ I turned and made my way into the woods, searching for a small pond or river so that I could wash off the dirt and other ‘things’ that were sticking to my skin and cloths.

I made sure to stay close enough to were Maria was so that if she were to wake up and call for me I could inform her of what I was doing. I soon found myself standing in front of a beautiful water fall, its water cascading down a 50 foot drop. The moon was reflecting off the water making it look as though the water itself was glowing with such radiance that it would take you hours to finally tear your gaze away from it.

‘I have to show Maria this tomorrow night.’ I walked over to the water and dropped to my knees, cupping my hands and dipping them into the water so that I could splash the cold liquid on my face. I took off my shirt and placed it into the water, scrubbing it against a nicely sized rock.

A small gasp sounded behind me and I turned just in time to see Maria twisting behind a tree trunk and covering her mouth with her hand. ‘ She must have woken up and followed the sound of the water.’ I sighed and placed my hand against my forehead leaning into it. “Maria, I already saw you.” I said just loud enough for her to hear. I soon regretted the harshness of my voice.

Her face popped out from around the tree and she cocked her head to the side looking at me threw her thick bangs. “ Was I that loud?” she whispered to me.

“Ya.”
She walked over to my side and dropped down onto her knees like I had done. Her gaze lifted up to the moon then down to the waterfall. I watched as her expression staid solemn and content. Her hands laid on her lap, and I couldn’t help but reach out and grab it.

“ What happened to you? She looked down at our hands that were intertwined then up into my eyes. I could tell that she was trying to hide the pain that was now washing threw her emotions.

“Love, what has happened to me is only a thing of the past.” I tried to give her a warm smile but our bond seemed to feed me her sadness. I sighed then looked up into the sky. “ Many years ago, there was a war between the gods-“

“Hades and Zeus?” she whispered.

“Yes. Back in that time there was no such thing as Warlocks and Demons. Only Angels and Warlocks. When the battle began, we were forced to chose the side we agreed with.”

“What do you mean by agreed with?” her voice was soft and I could tell that she was trying her best not to look eager.

“Hades believed that we should take over the human realm and turn them into our slaves. Zeus believed that we should leave them be and watch with close eyes to make sure that they did not fall into peril.”

“What side did you choose?”

“I stuck with Zeus because I knew that the humans were given free will for a reason and that they did not deserve to have that taken away and be controlled. Most of us stayed with Zeus but others were tricked into going with Hades. When that happened Hades attacked our home. We were forced into an eternal battle, for every angel or Ogre we lose, Hades gained in hell and for every Demon or Warlock they lost, we were given in return as a reincarnation. Those of us who were not killed were injured and or given marks to show what we fought for.” Maria placed her head on my shoulder and squeezed my hand, encouraging me to go on with the story.

“Wile fighting, our Gadai was attacked.”

“Gadai?”

“Gadai is the name of the man who tells us when we are going to be given another Angel or another Ogre. When he was attacked I was sent to go and try to help rescue him. I had just finished fighting off what was left of the Warlocks and Demons when the Gadai came to me and told me that my life line was what was going to end the forever lasting war. Before he could explain anything more, a Warlock snuck up behind me and attacked me with his venom claws. Gadai was killed after I had gotten attacked. I was close to death myself, but Zeus found me before I died and helped recover me, explaining that I was going to be of great importance. He could have taken away the scares that now desecrate my back, but he also told me that these scares would show me what I fought to save and how many lives I saved from getting them.” I watched as a single tear fell down her beautiful face. I leaned in and kissed it away, causing her to jump slightly and look up at me.

“Did the bastard die?” the venom that fell from her words even made me fear what she would do if she believed that the Warlock still lived.

“No, he died. I made sure of it.” I pulled her into me, rapping my arms around her waist and letting her lean her head onto my chest. “Sleep now.”

“Darien, I have a question.” She turned her head to look up at me.

“Yes, what is it?”

“I felt you break threw into my dream wile I was sleeping. Were you able to see what I had been dreaming about?”

“Yes I had seen what you were dreaming about but it wasn’t in your point of view. It was in my own. I was part of the crowed.”

“Before I fainted, I saw you. I thought that I had killed you in my dream. Dan had controlled me, he had made me believe things that weren’t true. Once I had killed you, he came after me and tried to force himself on me.” Her voice was such a small whisper that I had to lean down just to hear what she was saying to me.

“I know. When you killed me, I was also there. When he forced himself on you, I was standing there watching.” I was now rubbing my hand up and down her arm, trying to calm down the fear that radiated off of her body.

“Tell me something.”

“Anything.”

“The first dream I had with you in it was the day that I met you. Just before I met you actually. I was in the same hallway as the Academy, you were standing before a door and crying. At the end of the dream I heard you scream my name. Then I awoke to find you.”

“Is your question if I had a dream in my own point of view.” She nodded her head. “Yes, you were talking about killing yourself. You said that you couldn’t live with yourself any longer and that life was not worth living if I didn’t trust you.”

“I never had a dream were I said that tough?” she pulled back from my embrace and turned herself around so that she was facing me. “ I don’t understand how that could happen.” She shook her head back and forth, her beautiful blond locks flailing her around her body.

“Lets get back to camp. It is late and we both need our rest for the trip we have tomorrow. We will talk more in the morning.” We both walked back to the small camp, hand in hand. Our minds set on different issues at hand.
Sign up to rate and review this story