Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > To the End

Do you believe in love at first sight?

by millieisdeadokay 2 reviews

On the way to meet Mr Hardy, Frank... er... Runs into Gerard in the corridor - quite literally!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-07-11 - Updated: 2012-07-11 - 1502 words

0Unrated
I spent most of second period thinking of Frank Iero. His sweet, gentle smile, soft; hazel eyes which seemed as though they could see through to my soul. It was only a French cover lesson so we were just watching some lame old movie, didn't pick up any of the story line.
Besides, I found a new friend in that lesson - Bob Bryar. He seemed pretty cool, and he said I could come and hang with him and his mates at break!
A piercing bell echoed through the room, sucking me abruptly from my thoughts. I sighed, pushing in my chair and following Bob towards the canteen. Luckily, I had most of my lessons with him so I'd always have a friend. He seemed like a bit of an outcast too but I asumed people stayed away from him due to his obvious strength.
Bob pointed out where all of my different lessons would take place around the school and I tried to keep it in mind. Knowing me, I would forget with in 5 minutes. We approached a table where a boy and girl were already sitting. Bob say down next to the girl, wrapping his arm around and and whispering something that made her giggle softly. The boy turned around and locked eye contact with me. He grinned widely as if he'd hoped it was me?
"Hey Gerard! How have you been getting on?"
I sat down next to Frank, feeling a little less nervous now. Bob looked at us, slightly confused.
"you two know eachother?"
"No..." Frank replied "Well, we had math class together," he smiled and turned back to me.
"Um..." I froze, I don't know why but I just totally lost the power of speach. Frank frowned slightly in confusion.
"Are you okay?" he asked with slight concern in his voice. CONCERN! That meant he actually cared about me - maybe. I shook my head and smiled.
"yeah I'm fine! The schools pretty... er.. big?" Frank let out the most adorable giggle before saying "yeah, it is pretty big!"
Everyone laughed for a while and soon we all began talking. I felt so comfortable, almost like I actually belonged with these people. They were all like me, I guess. They didn't fit in and neither did I, so all we had was each other.
Break soon ended and everyone began filing out of the canteen. I checked my timetable again
Period 3, Monday: Art
Room 83
Mr M Hardy
I was pleased to discover that Frank was in this lesson with me but I tried not to show it too much in my expression. It was nice: I liked art, I liked Frank - what more could I ask for? Frank lead the way, helping me push through the crowds to get to room 83. He may have been a lot shorter than me, but he was certainly a hell of a lot stronger! Icouldn't help but stare at him and suddenly, I didn't notice my surroundings. I was totally unaware of the raging crowds and people continuously shoving me into the wall. So I guess I really liked the guy but then something dawned on me, causing my heart to practically sink to my feet. What if Frank was straight?
I quickly snapped out of my days dream and pushed open the door for Frank, waiting for him to enter before following. We got a few awkward stares and one or two people seemed to whisper so - nothing new. Like in math class, Frank sat alone; at the back so there was plenty of room to sit by him. After just a couple of minutes, a tall, thin man with dark brown hair and olive skin stepped into the class room, along with a bowtie and an A3 art book - nice. He looked rather young, maybe around 25 so I asumed he was probably quite new to the school as well. He made eye contact at me and looked slightly confused before grinning and walking over to the table that me and Frank were seated at.
"Good er..." he checked his watch quickly "morning! You must be Mr Way?"
"Yes sir, Gerard Way."
"Ah well welcome to the school, I hope your first day has been going well..."
I found that my glance fell over Frank who just smiled at me.
"Yeah," I grinned "Brilliant!"
Mr Hardy chuckled a little and then walked to the front of the classroom. Well he seemed like a rather pleasent man - I believed we'd get on well.
"Good morning class," he said, after clearing his throat "now as some of you may aready know, we have a new student joining us today" he gestured over to me and I could feel my face turning bright pink with embarassment. I simply hid behind my hair as Frank laughed at me - oh that laugh...
"Well I hope you all will make him feel very welcome here!" Mr Hardy then went on to explain what we were to be doing this lesson before returning to my side. He handed me an A4 sized black book with a plain white sticker in the top left corner of it.
"If you would like to write your name and subject here, that'd be grand." He smiled and walked over to help some other students.
"Wow..." Frank breathed, staring at me intently.
"What?"
"Oh, he just seems to have a bit of a soft spot for you already..." he reached into his pencil case and pulled out an abormally short pencil, stroking it's tip. Frank was right though, he was being pretty nice. I'd never met a teacher who liked me at first glance so this was new...
"yeah..." I mumbled, following Mr Hardy around the classroom with my eyes "I guess so..."
So the lesson continued with sir continuously coming over and complimenting my work or giving me advice to the point where it became a little wierd. It was when he told me to return to him at the end of the day that I got really freaked out.
"Okay that dude's kinda creepy" I mentioned as me and Frank left to fight the battle that was the corridor. Frank giggled and replied
"He just likes you, that's all! He hasn't had a new student in a while and to see one who is actually good at art must be pleasing..."
wait - did Frank Iero just compliment my artistic skill? Seriously, I don't think this day could get any better...

*

It was 4:20pm when we were finally dismissed! Really? All the previously schools I'd been to had finnished at 3:30, if not earlier! Anyway, at that point, I remembered Mr Hardy wanting me to see him after school so I headed back towards room 83, I knew the way roughly. Luckily, I had inherrited a good sense of direction from dad - the only good he ever did for me...
I began to slowly stroll down the corridor, paying attention to each and every detail of the school which imprisoned me. I noticed the art work here was outstanding, which made me smile. Being a bit of an art fanatic myself, it was nice to see I'd joined a school that would help me push that further. It's only a shame we wouldn't be here for too long... It was hard not to just gaze up at all the work, proudly displayed on the walls of every corridor I went down. My tutor room was on the other side of the school so it was going to take some time to reach the art department (there was much more work displayed there)! As a turned the corner, however, I heard footsteps. They were getting louder; faster and before I knew it, I was on the floor with a tiny (slightly embarrassed) Frank ontop of me.
"Oh my god, Gerard!" he quickly climbed off of me, which I kind of wish he didn't...
"I am so sorry!" he blushed a deep crimson and looked down at me, before reaching out a hand to help me up.
"It's alright," I giggled, but then I realized - he still hadn't let go of my hand. I locked eye contact with him, just for a moment and I felt him tighten his grip slightly, as though he was scared I'd let go. Just for a moment my whole world disapeared, my life, my thoughts... it was just me and Frank. It was strange, I'd never felt this way before and my head began to spin. I think Frank noticed as he suddenly let go, his eyes widening like a startled baby deer, caught in the middle of the road by the blazing headlights of a car.
"I'd, er, better go-" He gathered his belongings and as quickly as he'd arrived, he disapeared back down the hall. I'd never believed in love at first sight before. In fact, I'd never believed in anything. Well, I think things were starting to change...
Sign up to rate and review this story