Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Would you Destroy Something, Just to Make it Beautiful

Process the Progress

by xoREligionsREvered 0 reviews

Dr. D knew something wasn't right about that girl... but could that be the reason BL/Ind wants her so badly? Could this teenager be the key to overthrowing BLI once and for all? (Background Frerard...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2012-07-11 - Updated: 2012-07-12 - 1254 words

0Unrated
The rays of the blazing desert sun fell down on Cyanide Baby's sweating face as she stepped out from the doorway of her family's underground warehouse, her eyes squinting shut from the sudden change in light. From the location of the sun in the dusty sky, she assumed it was about 1 in the afternoon. She'd have to leave now if she was gonna make it to Dr. D's by nightfall.
The 16 year old girl hated being out in the zones during the day, especially mid-afternoon, when the temperatures soared past 100 degrees and made Cyanide squirm under the layers of leather and denim that clinged to her skin. But Dr. Death Defying had made it clear in his latest call that this was a dire situation, and needed his most elite Killjoys at his station by dark. Cyanide had to travel through 3 zones before she got there, and because of the dramatic increase in exterminators that have been luring about, it wouldn't be without difficult.
Cyanide Baby's motorcycle had been hidden nearby in a small patch of desert vegetation. It wasn't the best hiding spot, considering the vehicle had to be laid on its side to be completely out of sight, but it was better than leaving it out in the open. Digging the old bike out from it's confines, Cyanide rolled it out onto the center of Route Guano and threw her right leg over the seat. She picked up the multicolored helmet from it's resting place on the right handle bar and placed it securely over her head, feeling her mousy brown locks accumulating in bunches under it. Starting up the engine and giving it some gas, the teenager sped off into the horizon, a cloud of dust remaining in her tracks.
-Later-
"There it is." Cyanide Baby whispered to herself as she approached Dr. D's radio station at a dangerously fast pace. The sound of her own shaky voice carried to her ear's in the motorcycle helmet, condensation from her moist breath covering the glass and nearly blinding her vision. Clammy glove-clad hands gripped the handlebars for dear life, but despite the anxiety that made her frail figure tremble, her heart pounded with only the anticipation of what was to come. This was an extremely serious situation, one that could set her fate for life. And also one that could seal her last breath. All Cyanide Baby had to keep telling herself was that whatever she was getting herself into, she was coming out a hero.
The motorcycle stopped with a swerve as Cyanide kicked up yet another sandy cloud that danced across the desert floor. Cyanide didn't know what to expect, but she continued to walk towards the small shack with confidence. Some other cars and bikes were scattered about the perimeter; Cyanide assumed they belonged to the few Killjoys that owned a radio, and was willing to take the challenge of whatever Dr. D was gonna throw at them. Knowing this few number of comrades that were daring enough to risk getting ghosted worried the girl, but she shook the feeling off and kept walking until, after what felt like hours, her hand was gripping on the rusty doorknob. With a turn of her wrist, Cyanide Baby tugged the door open and slipped inside.
Most of the Killjoys that had arrived were just sitting around in the old chairs and on the dirty granite floor. One of the first things Cyanide noticed, however, was the rather young girl with very curly hair that sat twisting in an old bar-stool. Her facial expression was grim and her eyes were bloodshot as she kicked her feet in a bored fashion, the sound of her boots clanking against the metal the loudest sound in the building. Cyanide darted her eyes in another direction as soon as the girl noticed her staring, and began searching for the one that had summoned her here in the first place, trying not to leave her eyes resting in one place very long.
"Abigail?"
Cyanide Baby whipped around at the sound of her given name, eyes darting to the bigger male that stood just two feet behind her. His skin was tan with a slight mustache and beard, his greasy, unwashed hair held back with a bandana. "Dr. D," she smiled, turning her lower half to completely face him. "It's been a while."
The other smiled back at the girl, but did not return the casual and friendly tone in his voice. "What on earth are you doing here? I sent for your father."
"Oh, um," Cyanide swallowed hard, her left hand reaching behind her to scratch a sudden itch that appeared on the back of her head. "He sent me. Still recovering from a recent clap with a pack of Dracs. He didn't want to disappoint, so he sent me in his place."
The man raised his eyebrow curiously and sighed. "This is the third time he's missed my calls. How bad was he hurt?"
Cyanide Baby exhaled loudly and shifted her weight from foot to foot. "Um, he was shot sorta in the mid-section. It's taking a while to heal. And even then he's gotta build up that muscle he's lost over the past few days of resting...-"
"Yes, yes. I can understand that. And I can see why he's been sending you instead of your mother. You're very strong and agile for your young age but- I don't think it was a good idea to send you for this one."
"What do you mean?"
Dr. Death Defying ran a shaky hand over his face and swallowed hard. "Four of our best have been captured in BLI's headquarters. We gotta get them back somehow, and... we're sending our most elite Killjoys to get them."
Cyanide's face flushed to a ghostly white, her knees feeling as if they were going to give out. The thought of going into BL/Ind's HQ usually did that to her. Just as she was going to say something in return; something witty and heroic despite the severe fear she was feeling inside, a small voice behind her startled everyone in the building. "They were shot! I saw it with my own eyes! Why can't you believe that?"
The little fuzzy-haired girl hopped down from her seat and walked over next to Cyanide, staring upward at Dr. Death. "They all went down right in front of me! Party was even shot in the head! I don't see why you'd believe they're being held there!"
The man sighed and clapped his hands together in frustration. "Grace, please, just let us handle things the way we handle things..."
As Dr. Death Defying continued to talk to the younger girl, Cyanide Baby slowly fazed out of the conversation. Her mind began to travel back to all those old times... all the joy and happiness she used to feel. Before her world changed forever... Before everyone's world changed...
"Dr. D, could me and Grace go into your broadcasting room for a second? I... wanna talk to her." Cyanide spoke softly, gazing down at the smaller girl. Dr. D stopped mid-sentence and furrowed his brow.
"Of course, that's perfectly fine." his face expression changed into a somewhat serious look. "Just don't break any of my colorful and meaningless nick-nacks."
Cyanide smiled and nodded, returning her attention to Grace who was now looking up and her with confusion. "C'mon, there's something I'd like to talk to you about. Something... something that might help you understand this situation..."
Sign up to rate and review this story