Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Would you Destroy Something, Just to Make it Beautiful

The World is Black

by xoREligionsREvered 0 reviews

Cyanide Baby and Grace have a heart-to-heart (Sorry for the really long flashback... it'll all make sense eventually. Hopefully we'll see some of our Fabulous Killjoys next chapter ^u^)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-07-11 - Updated: 2012-07-12 - 1365 words

0Unrated
Dr. Death Defying's broadcasting studio was small, and everywhere you looked there was some sort of random color. Grace sat in the Doctor's chair while Cyanide Baby just propped herself against the wall. "Okay," the younger of the two stated. "What did you wanna talk to me about?"
Cyanide took a deep breath and turned her head to Grace. "I can remember moving out in the Zones... I came with my family..."
-Flashback (in Cyanide's POV)-
September 11, 2013
"3... 2... 1... Ready or not... here I come!" Matthew's voice rang from his place against an old tree. I giggled to myself as I stared down at him; he'd never think of looking in the very tree his face had been plastered against from 50 to 1. As soon as he was ready, he pushed himself from the old oak and scanned the yard for any sign of life. He looked so confident in finding me it was rediculous.
"God, Abbey. Where the heck did you hide this time?" my older brother grumbled as he paced around the backyard. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "Okay, I give up. You win. Now what location have you dreampt up this time?"
I cried out in triumph and hopped down from the thick branch I had perched myself on, laughing at Matt's shocked face as he stared. "Wanna play again?" I teased. "I still have a couple hiding places in mind."
Matthew opened his mouth to reply, but soon clamped it shut once we heard our father's familiar voice ring in anger from the house. My brother looked in it's direction, then back at me. "Dad doesn't sound so happy..."
We raced back to the open sliding-glass door in a hurry, wondering what on earth could have made our peaceful father so un-easy. Pinning our small bodies against the side of the house, we listened carefully.
"Blasphemy!" Dad screamed to the unknown person on the other end of the phone line. "BLI can't make it mandetory to take those damned pills! All it is is mind control! Not happiness!"
There was silence for a few moments, and I assumed the other person was talking now. All BLI was to me at the time was just a small corperation that sold normal perscription drugs. They had a factory, they had a spokesperson, and they had a commercial with a catchphrase, "Everything's just fine". I had seen many other commercials just like it, with other pills for other reasons. No one ever excersised the thought they were gonna take over, especially my 15 year old brother and my 10 year old mind.
But they did.
Their proposion to the white house went through like a breeze. President Korse agreed with the current CEO of BL/Ind industries that the artificial happiness the drug gave you could certainley help Americans with the trauma the Helium Wars of 2012 had caused. At first it was an option gave to all citizens; one my mom and dad pleasently and professionally declined. But as months went by... and as President Korse got higher and higher with power... we were no longer a democratic government. Korse was a dictator. He destroyed the white house, along with many other historic monuments on that day... along with a new law that made it mandetory to take at least 3 pills a day.
The heated conversation went on for another good 30 minutes, before the familiar beep of the end button registered my ears. My brother and I slowly crained our necks to peer into the dining room, our eyes widening as we saw our dad's hands gripping the side of the table, his head handing low and face growing red with anger. Our mother stood next to him, lovingley resting her hand on his shoulder and head down as well, like someone had just died. For a second we thought someone had.
"They're taking over." my brother whispered.
Weeks went by of living in silence... no one speaking as we took our required dose of "medication" and nothing more. No one talked. Schools were shut down and instead online programs were open. Everyone lived in their own world of perfection, where everything was just fine.
Despite my drugged state of mind, I can still remember the message we had gotten one day very clearley. My mother and father weren't home, and my brother was hidden away in his room, leaving me to stare at the phone as it rang. No one was allowed to answer the phone except for my dad, so I just waited for voice mail to pick up. I thought it would just be another advertisement, there was no need to communicate anymore, but when the message began, it was a real hunam being; the first voice I had heard in days.
"Bob... this is... an old friend. I have an idea for a new... project, and I'd like you to call me back so we could meet up and talk about it."
-End of Flashback-

"... and that was all he had said. Dad called him back, went to meet up with him, and before I knew it, we were moving out of Washington and into the desert wasteland that used to be California." Cyanide sighed. "We built our own house underground, though it was small and only two rooms, it was cool in there. My parents became very elite rebels, and so did my brother once he was my age. They went by different names, though to me they were still Mom, Dad, and Matthew. I always thought they dressed funny." a small giggle escaped the older's lips before she resumend the seriousness she was trying to display.
"That must've been hard." Grace murmered, her eyes glowing with interest and facination. "But I still don't know what that has to do with this situation."
Cyanide furrowed her brow and looked at her feet. "Grace, when I was your age- maybe a little older- I sat in this very room with the most fear I've ever felt in my entire life. I was sick with anxiety, and I could barley keep water down," tears flooded the teen's hazel eyes as the familiar feeling began to haunt her once again. "My older brother was 17 at the time, and he had set out on a mission to break into BLI's HQ... it was to save my father. My dad barely escaped alive... but my brother never returned with the rest. We waited a couple days, almost a week before Dr. D decided it was best to send in a few Killjoys to raid the HQ once again and look for him." Cyanide paused momentarily to wipe the stray tears that had escaped from her eyes. "They found his corpse in an underground jail cell. Turns out he died from dehydration... we had waited to long to save him."
Grace gasped in shock and swallowed hard, standing up and walking to Cyanide to hug her for comfort, the other making small whimpers as she tried to hold in her tears. "We didn't get my brother back... but we learned from that incident. And it brought my family closure. We didn't have to go on wondering what really happened... so you see Grace, sometimes it's still best to just know."
"I'm so sorry..." the child whispered. "I never thought about it like that. I just thought they didn't believe me and just wanted their best rebels back."
Cyanide Baby nodded in understanding and took a deep breath. "I didn't get it either. All I knew was that he was gone, and he wasn't coming back. But I hope if there's a heaven... my brother's in it. He saved my dad... he deserves the best eternal life."
Grace and Cyanide walked into the front room just as Dr. D was speaking. "Oh," he paused. "Ab- er- Cyanide Baby. Missle Kid. Everyone's ready to head out now. I assume everything went just fine."
"Yes Dr. D, thanks for letting us use your studio to talk."
The man nodded and glanced back at the small crowd of wild colors. "Well, then I guess everyone's all set. Let's hit the red line and get this show on the road."
Sign up to rate and review this story