Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Commit This to Memory

Couldn't Stay Away

by XxLiveyourlifExX 6 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-07-17 - Updated: 2012-07-18 - 1874 words

0Unrated
A/N: Hey friends! Thanks to Abbie, Chloe, Hannah, Isabella, Ellie, and Izzzy for reviewing! Love yall. (Hope you don't mind, I stalked your profiles for names instead of typing out user names) ALSO MUCHO THANKS to Isabella for pointing out my Chelsea/Stacy mishap last chapter. Stacy is a different story. Oops. It's all fixed now anyway. I got yall this chapter as a thank you present. YAY!!!

Couldn't Stay Away

Two weeks had passed. Braelyn was settling back into her ‘normal’ life in Dallas. Thanks to the money she made on tour, she no longer had to work her dull job at Target. She spent her time with her friends that she had missed and hanging out at the Rover, picking up shifts when someone called in sick.

She also spent a good amount of time on Skype and the phone with the boys and Chelsea. Topher had called to offer his services as not only her tour manager, but as her actual manager. Braelyn accepted, of course. He called again a couple of days ago to tell her that he was working out some final details of a recording contract with Reprise, the same label My Chemical Romance was currently on.

Braelyn was beyond excited.

She was also performing tonight for the first time since she was in New York. Of course, Tom and Marissa along with other people at the bar had wanted her to sing earlier, but Braelyn had found that her voice was practically wrecked. She had to let her voice rest and slowly practice until she could sing without cracking or getting winded.

Tonight her voice finally felt back to normal. She was grinning full force as she practically jumped on stage. “Hey there, Rover. I missed you.”

Her friends that made up the bar staff and regulars cheered as well as a couple of other people who ended up at the Rover on a Wednesday night.

“So I’m going to sing some songs for you. If you have a request, feel free to give it to Gemma at the bar. Or, if you feel brave, shout it out. Let’s get started, then.” Braelyn played mostly her own stuff for the first twenty minutes of her set before Gemma ran onstage with her sheet of requests, then Braelyn played down the list and taking some of the requests a couple of people yelled out. After another thirty minutes of that, Braelyn spoke again, “Ok, Team. Last song for tonight. Anything you’ve gotta hear?”

“White Lie!”

Braelyn recognized Addi’s voice. She sighed. “Oh, fine.”

She launched into Addi’s favorite song, looking for her in the crowd. Addi had been working section two that night, right next to the bar, so Braelyn looked for her there first, meaning to roll her eyes at her best friend. Perhaps stick her tongue out at Addi. Braelyn was surprised not to find Addi in section two, or leaning against the bar. Braelyn had almost finished the song before she found Addi standing in the doorframe to the back hall. She wasn’t alone. Standing next to her was Mikey, Frankie, and Chelsea.

Thankfully, Braelyn was just about to finish the song. She mumbled her thanks to the crowd before almost throwing her guitar into its stand and launching herself off stage. By the time she made it back to the hall, tears had gathered in the corners of her eyes. She was basically running when she reached them. Braelyn threw her arms around Mikey’s neck. She buried her head in his shoulder as his arms wrapped around her waist.

He kissed her temple before saying, “We couldn’t stay away.”

She turned her head to kiss him before moving on to hug Chelsea. “I can’t believe you guys are here!”

“We missed you,” the girl said, returning her squeeze.

“Besides,” Frankie said when Braelyn moved on to his hug, “I wasn’t kidding when I said I’d come visit all the time.” Frankie picked her up and twirled her around.

“This is precious,” Chelsea interrupted, “but my day was less than smooth. I need a drink.” She winked at Braelyn, then grabbed her hand and towed her towards the bar.

Braelyn looked back at the boys slightly confused, they both just shrugged. Chelsea ordered a drink from Gemma who was very prompt bringing Chelsea two shots. To Braelyn she said, “One for me, one for you. Cheers.”

Still confused, but not one to pass up free liquor, Braelyn took the shot. Grimacing a bit, Braelyn said, “So, Chels. Rough day?”

“Ughh you have no idea,” Chelsea replied, signaling Gemma for another. “Frank’s being kind of a tool.”

“Ummmm. I’m not sure I want to get in the middle of this.” Chelsea pushed the other shot towards Braelyn. They clinked glasses and took the shot.

“It’s ok. I think I might be a little crazy. It’s been a long day.” She signaled for another round.

Braelyn subtly shook her head at Gemma saying she didn’t want another.

“Whoa, killer,” Mikey said, he and Frankie finally making their way to the girls.

Chelsea raised her eyebrows at him and picked up her glass to cheers Braelyn again. Braelyn held up her empty glass and pretended to take another shot.

“Chels had a rough day,” Frankie said, sympathetically putting a hand on her shoulder.

Braelyn noticed that Chelsea kind of flinched away from him. She wondered what was going on, but there was no way she was going to get involved in whatever thing was going on between her two friends.

They all ordered a drink, except Chelsea who kept ordering shots, and spent a while catching up. At about eleven thirty, it became very obvious that Chelsea was done and she needed to go to bed. Normally, Braelyn would have waited until the bar closed to walk home with Addi, but Chelsea needed to leave.

“I just don’t like her having to walk back by herself that late,” Braelyn said, walking next to Mikey who had an arm around her shoulders. Frankie was supporting Chelsea while she heatedly whisper shout at him in nonsense.

“Well, you and I can go back after we get Chelsea to bed. That way she won’t have to walk alone,” Mikey said. After he paused, “Do you have any idea what that is about?”

He was pointing at Frankie and Chelsea who were walking in front of them. Chelsea’s voice was rising, but she wasn’t making any sense.

Braelyn shrugged. “I don’t know. She’s tired and cranky. She mentioned that she might be crazy. I bet whatever this is passes.”

They managed to get Chelsea into Braelyn and Addi’s apartment with out her yelling fit waking any neighbors. Braelyn was surprised to see the pull out in the living room already pulled out and the bed made.

“Addi knew we were coming. I called her yesterday,” Mikey answered her unasked questions.

“Very sneaky,” Braelyn commented.

“Bathroom?” Chelsea barely managed to say.

Braelyn pointed to the open door down the hall. The girl ran. The sound of her vomiting soon followed. The others grimaced. Braelyn grabbed Mikey’s arm and started pulling him toward the door saying, “You can handle this. Right, Frankie?” She opened the door and kept walking. “Great. See ya in a bit.”

She was giggling as Mikey pulled the door shut.

“You’re kinda mean, ya know?” He said.

“Only a little. Besides, she is his girlfriend or whatever. Isn’t that the rule? You have to take care of your significant other when they make bad choices?”

“I guess.” He was smiling at her.

Braelyn closed the distance between them and kissed him, her arms twining around his neck. She pulled away after a few moments. “I missed you.”

He kissed her forehead. “I missed you, too.”

She took his had and they started to walk back toward the Rover. They got there as Tom was helping the last patron to a cab.

“You did great tonight, sweetheart,” Tom said, walking with them back into the bar. “And it’s great to see you, young man.”

“Glad to be here,” Mikey responded.

Now in the bar, Braelyn let go of Mikey’s hand and ran to Addi, colliding with her. “YOU ARE SO SNEAKY!”

“I KNOW!” Addi replied, steadying them so they wouldn’t fall over.

Braelyn helped her close out, then they all walked back together. In the apartment, Frankie was sitting outside the closed bathroom door.

“She’s mad at me and locked me out,” Frankie explained when they gave him a questioning look.

“I’ll get her,” Braelyn said.

“I’m going to bed, I’m exhausted,” Addi said. Everyone said goodnight as she disappeared into her room.

Braelyn knocked on the bathroom door. “Hey, Chels, it’s Brae. Let me in?” There was an audible click and she pushed the door open. She was sitting on the floor, looking like a hot mess. “Oh sweetie.”

“I’m drunk,” Chelsea stated matter-of-factly.

“I know. Can Frankie clean you up and put you to bed?”

“No. I’m mad at him.”

Braelyn sighed, rolling her eyes at the boys in the mirror, they were now standing behind her in the doorway. She slid to the floor next to the drunk girl. “I don’t know, babe. I think you think you’re mad at him.”

“No!” Chelsea’s volume was dangerously loud.

“Ok. Shhhh.” Braelyn reached out to hold her hand. She shooed the boys out of the doorway. “Why are you mad?”

Chelsea went through a list of ridiculous infractions Frankie had committed. He didn’t call when he said he would. His texts were short and impersonal. The list went on and on. To top it all off, Chelsea’s plane had been delayed and she was late getting into Dallas. They had planned to surprise Braelyn before her set, but because Chelsea had been late, they had missed it. Frankie apparently made some smart ass comment that had pissed her off.
Somehow Braelyn managed to remind her that Frankie’s comment was just Frankie being Frankie, and the other stuff was probably a bit rough because they were so far apart. Eventually, Chelsea consent to let Frankie take over because now she wanted to talk to him.

Braelyn was thankful. She was sad that Chelsea was upset, but there wasn’t any way Braelyn was going to be able fix it. That was something they needed to work out between themselves.
Braelyn gave Mikey a sarcastic smile as she came out of the bathroom.

“That fun, huh?” Mikey asked from his seat in the armchair.

“So much.” Braelyn yawned, sitting on the arm of the chair.

“Bed?”

Braelyn nodded. Mikey stood and pulled Braelyn up. She led him down the hall to her room.

A/N: Hope you liked it. I had originally written it with out the drama, but it was REALLY mushy and boring. It needed some spicing up haha. Anyyyway, go review. Rate if that floats your boat. Tell you friends. I don't know hahaa. hearts, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story