Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dead Man Walking

Dead Man Walking

by Kaleidoscope_Eyes 3 reviews

My lungs burned, my heart burned, everything burned. But I kept on. I ran as fast as I could. Auditioned story.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-07-15 - Updated: 2012-07-16 - 518 words

2Original
My lungs burned, my heart burned, everything burned. But I kept on. I ran as fast as I could. I had to protect the little girl perched on my back. She wasn’t little exactly, she was thirteen, but she would always be little to me.

I chanced a glance behind me and sighed in relief when I realized I’d lost the damn thing. I slowed and sat down. I know it probably wasn’t the best idea but I needed to catch my breath. My little sister, Ashlie, hopped off my back and handed me our pack. She had tears running down her face.

“I’m s-sorry, Frankie,” she stuttered between ragged gasps.

My shoulders slumped. I could never stay mad at her, despite her almost getting us killed. She had wandered away from me and almost got infected. She was out doing God-knows-what when I found her. She was stuck in a tree and a zombie was at the bottom trying in vain to climb the tree. She was screaming and crying attracting more attention to our location.

I’d pulled out my knife and threw it at the thing’s head. Luckily I was a pretty good shot, it hit him and he fell. I saw another zombie stumbling towards us in the distance. I shouted at Ashlie to get down and she complied but slowly. She was hyperventilating and trying not to fall. The zombie was getting closer and it would not be good for the both of us to be stuck in a tree. It was about fifty feet away by the time she hopped down. I quickly scooped her up and onto my back and ran, not stopping to pull my knife out of the corpse under the tree. Bringing us to where we were now. I had no fucking clue.

Ashlie was still sobbing and I pulled her into a tight embrace. “It’s alright, kid. Come on, we should get going, don’t know what’s around here.” I helped her up and we started our long walk to who-knows-where.

The pack felt light against my back, much lighter than usual. We must have used up most of our food. I’d have to find some sooner or later.

Ashlie stuck close beside me and wouldn’t release her death grip on my hand. It was kind of adorable the way she idolized me. I was getting lost in my thoughts when a shot flew past my head.

“What the hell!?” I whirled around trying to find whoever it was that shot at me.

“Frank?” A familiar head of brown hair popped out from behind a tree. I studied the face hidden behind round glasses and I broke into a smile.

I'm extremely sorry that it's taken me so long to get this posted. I just really want a beta for this story but no one answered to my post about it :/ If any of you want to beta this story please let me know! Also, I'm super sorry how short this is. The next chapters should be longer.
Sign up to rate and review this story