Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Dead Man Walking

Meeting Everyone

by Kaleidoscope_Eyes 8 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-07-19 - Updated: 2012-07-20 - 770 words

1Original
I quickly pulled Mikey into a hug. I hadn’t seen him or Gerard in ages. When the outbreak first started I had grabbed Ashlie and headed straight to their apartment. The whole place looked like a bomb had gone off. I didn’t know what happened, but I knew they weren’t coming back any time soon.

“We’ve been looking everywhere for you,” Mikey exclaimed.

“Yeah, me too,” I replied with a small smile.

Ashlie was looking around us anxiously when Mikey finally noticed her.

“Hey, Ashbestos,” Mikey joked, trying to take her mind off of the current situation. She smiled a bit and crushed my hand harder.

Mikey chuckled. “C’mon, I’ll take you to where we set up camp. Gee’ll be excited to see ya. I’ll introduce you to the rest of the group too.”

Mikey rambled on as we walked deeper into the forest.

I could feel Ashlie’s apprehension as we walked further in but she persevered. I squeezed her hand hoping to reassure her, but I knew that wouldn’t do much. I mean, hell, even I didn’t exactly feel safe in this forest.

We walked for what felt like hours before reaching the camp, noticing a group of people that I’d never met before. I looked around at the set up they had and felt somewhat relieved. It looked like they were well protected.

“Gerard, get your ass down here,” Mikey yelled, looking up a tree.

Gerard hopped down and noticed us immediately. “Jesus, Frank! Where the hell have you been!?”

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into a tight embrace. Noticing Ash, he pulled away and gave her a high-five.

“Ash-Bash, it’s good to see you again.”

She blushed at the nickname, making Gerard smile.

The four strangers I had seen when we entered the camp slowly walked over to us. A tall guy stepped forward and stared me down. I had a feeling he was trying to assert his dominance.

“I’m Matt,” he practically growled at me. The kid couldn’t have been older than 17, despite being so tall. He didn’t try to shake my hand or anything, which I thought was a little strange. Honestly the guy seemed like a dick, but who was I to judge? He might just be a little wary of newcomers, which I could understand in our current state.

Another guy stepped forward and held out a hand.

“I’m Andy,” he said with a slight Scottish accent.

“Frank,” I replied as we shook hands. He seemed friendly.

The other two girls stood together. One was about my height and looked like she was off in la-la land, while the other was shorter and looked kind of annoyed. It was obvious neither of them were going to introduce themselves.

“That’s Cait,” Mikey said gesturing to the taller of the two. Hearing her name, her head snapped up abruptly.

“Hmm? What? Oh, hi,” she said, smiling reservedly.

“And that’s Anna.” He pointed to the shorter one, who only huffed in response. After the introductions were over everyone went back to what they were originally doing.

“Ray’s in that tent over there, he’ll be out soon, though,” Mikey assured me.

“Ray’s here, too? What about Bob?” I asked.

He and Gerard were silent for a moment before Gerard answered. “Haven’t seen him since this all started…” I hadn’t either, and that worried me a little.

Ashlie had attached herself to my side at this point. I didn’t want her to listen to a conversation like this so I tried changing the subject.

“At least we all found each other, you know? How’d you end up meeting those guys, anyway?” I gestured to the group of practical strangers.

“That’s a really long story, dude. And you guys reek, Jesus Christ!” Gerard laughed, holding his nose.

“That, my friend, is the smell of no running water.” We all laughed, even Ashlie giggled a little.

Mikey rolled his eyes. “There’s a river not too far from here. It’s not as great as a warm shower but it’s better than nothing. I’ll get the girls to take you there later.”

So this was mainly just a filler chapter to bring in some characters. Sorry it's not anything interesting and also very short. I'll update as soon as I get the next chapter written and betaed. :) Hope you all are enjoying it!
Super huge thank you to my beta Drowning_in_Irony. She rocks! :D
Stay lovely everyone!
Sign up to rate and review this story