Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 9 > Not Quite As It Should Be

Remembering

by beatrix4Lyf 0 reviews

When Kuja came to alaxander 17 years ago more happened then what met the eye.... Some one unexpected seeks out the truth which involves Kuja and Beatrix BeatrixXkuja pairing!!!!

Category: Final Fantasy 9 - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Romance - Characters: Adelbert Steiner,Beatrix,Freya Crescent,Garnet Til Alexandros,Kuja,Zidane Tribal - Published: 2006-07-10 - Updated: 2008-07-13 - 659 words

0Unrated
AN/sincere Plea of apology: Hi guys! Right so. I was reading through my work and thought it was 1. Lacking in detail 2. Horrible grammar and spelling wise and 3. Just cruel that I hadn’t updated. So I’m re-writing EVERYTHING and hopefully I will finish it soon seeing as summer holidays are in 9 days.

Disclaimer: If I owned Final fantasy, I’d have all that money to try and make it a reality wouldn’t I.

Chapter 1 – Remembering

Rain. It hit the cobbled streets fast and hard, just like it had every day for the past week. Beatrix sighed heavily, nothing interesting ever happened around Alexandria now that the young queen had married Zidane. At most the odd monster was reported outside the city gates by some old lady who couldn’t life her shopping bag. She stood up, bored of the depressing view and walked over to where Garnet herself was sat. “Beatrix, why don’t you go gets some rest? You look tired and only have ten minutes left of your duty anyway, and after all. I have Zidane here, we can manage.” Beatrix sighed for the second time. “My queen, how I wish I could accept your proposal but I stay until my duty is over. I’m sworn to it.” She went and slumped in a very uncertain like manner back in her seat and waited for quite possibly the longest ten minutes of her life to pass. Her head suddenly perked up when she heard the familiar rusty “clunk” of Albert Steiner’s armour. She would have to remind him to get new armour at one point, but for now she was going to bed. Her quaters weren’t far. Just around the corner and up a single set of stairs. They were quite simple but still, quite beautiful, it had a huge oak four poster bed, with an oak chair and bedside table on one side of the room. The other side had her large window, complete with window seat, large wardrobe and a door which contained the entrance into her personal bathroom.
She looked over at her bed, which at that moment looked extremely comfortable and inviting. Her eye caught something on a pillow, an envelope with the name scrawled on the front. “That’s odd…” She muttered to herself. Normally letters were given straight to her in person. Shrugging her shoulders, she quickly tore the envelope open and read the small note inside.

My dearest Beatrix,
I have been summoned to the castle by the crown Prince.
Of course I am to be staying a while, as are his wishes. I haven’t seen you in such a while; it tears me up inside when I see your gentle face in my head.
I… I still love you as strong as ever, I understand if the feeling is no longer returned but, just to be able to catch a glimpse of your beautiful self one more time would be all I need for eternal happiness.
If you wish to meet me when I arrive then wait at the docks at midnight tonight.
My love, I hope you haven’t forgotten.

K


“I…. I… Oh My God.” She re-read the letter over and over again each time more shocked then the last. thirteen years ago, thirteen years since the end of the war, thirteen years since she had seen him… Tears fell freely down her cheeks. She remembered what had happened just nine months after. The anguish she went through. The pain. Her head fell onto her pillow, where she closed her eyes and fell into a saddened slumber.

AN: So yeah I hope this chapter’s better and less mistake filled then the last version, I decided I would add a bit more mystery into the chapter. Even though it’s pretty obvious who the letters from anyway, but any who. Suggestions and what not are welcomed. And so are reviews.
Sign up to rate and review this story