Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Thunder Buddies

Thunder Buddies

by Happily_Never_After 2 reviews

*FRIKEY*"Why awe you tho wet, Fwankie?" "Becuth, I wan ova heyow tho we can keep eath othaw thafe. Thundaw buddies fow lief, wight?" But- but wewren't ou thcawed ov tha thudaw two?" "Yeah, bwut I d...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-07-22 - Updated: 2012-07-23 - 1169 words

1Original
Hey guys, Ever here. This is my first story ever, so give me some feedback please! Also, this is currently a one shot, so if you want it to be a chapter fic, let me know, because that's also possible. I wrote this while I was hyped up one coffee at 1 in the morning when I have a four day drive later and have to get up at 4 in the morning. Anyway, enough of my rambling and let's just get on to the story...

I always seemed my best when I'm writing, reading, drawing, or listening to music. Those are my hobbies. I loved it, even when I was a kid. They're what keep me sane. If I didn"t have any of those, I'm sure I'd be a little ball of frustration and stress.

It's like building a world of magic, because my real life is tragic. (A/N: Paramore anyone? No? Ok...) They take me to another world, a world where no one can hurt me. A world where everything has a happy ending...

"Mikey!" My friend Frank Iero snaps me out of my trance.

"Huh?" I ask, confused. My brother Gerard and the rest of my friends, Ray and Bob, were looking at me concerned.

"You alright dude? We've been trying to get you to answer for five minutes! You've been in dreamland, haven't you?" Ray asks, sipping coffee from his mug.

"Yeah, Okay, I admit. I have been in dreamland. Now can you please repeat the question?"

"Okay,are you interested in watching Jaws 2 with us?" Bob asks.

"Hell to the fucking no! You guys know I fucking hate sharks!"

"Alright. But majority still wins. We're watching Jaws 2."

"Then why the hell did you ask me?"

"We thought it be more democratic." Ray shrugs.

"Fine then. I'll be upstairs." I say and walk upstairs with my beloved cup of liquid goodness.

I close the door to my room. I can hear their voices downstairs.

"Do you think he's ok?"

"He's been more distant lately.[something something] Can't tell if he [something something something]"

"Gerard, are you sure he's ok?"

"Yeah, we should keep an eye on him."

"I'll be upstairs. [Something something] and plus, I"ve seen this movie millions of times. I practically memorize every word."

"Okay, but [something something], capiche?"

I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and I hear a knock on my door.

"What?" I ask.

"Hey Mikey. Can you let me in?" I hear a voice recognizable as Frank's asks me. Shit.

Litte does anyone know, I've had a HUGE crush on this dude named Frank Iero, and that's why I've been daydreaming more often. And it's gotten worse since I realized it.

"Sure." I reply.

Frank comes in, closes the door behind him, and sits down on my bed next to me. My hearts starts pounding louder and louder, until I'm pretty sure Frank can hear my heartbeat.

"Dude, you okay? You're really pale. Well at least a bit paler thatn usual."

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." I lie.

I only lie because I can't tell him the truth. It will ruin our friendship, he'll hate me, he'll tell everyone and they'll hate me and---

A crack of thunder jolted me out of my train of thought. Shit, I was still afraid of thunder. I start shaking.


"Mikey, I know you're lying. C'mon dude, you can tell me. We've been best buddies since we were 4! Come on, remember, thunder buddies for life?" (A/N: Ted quote, that movie is fuckin' hilarious!)

I sigh. "I guess so.." Thunder buddies...

Flashback

I'm shaking like a chihuahua, my five year old self snuggled and wrapped around under tons of blankets. Another boom of thunder and I'm whimpering even more.

A five year old Frank runs in my room soaking wet from the rain, but he cuddles up with me under the blankets.

"Why awe you tho wet, Fwankie?" I ask him.

"Becuth, I wan ova heyow tho we can keep eath othaw thafe. Thundaw buddies fow lief, wight?" He replies, hugging me.

"But- but wewren't ou thcawed ov tha thudaw two?" I ask him, knowing full well he is just as scared of thunder as I was.

"Yeah, bwut I didn't cawe becuth I knew you wewr thcawed and you needed me. Tho I'm always hewr fow you." He says and hugs me.

"Thankth Fwankie! " I say, touched. He walked two blocks in the rain just to get to me and comfort me.

End of flashback

I sigh. "Okay fine, I'll tell you. So--" another boom sounded, interrupting me. I squeaked, put my coffee down on the nightstand by my bed, and squirmed under the covers of my duvet.

Frank goes under the covers with me.

"Hey, remember the thunder buddies song I made up in freshman year?" Frank asks. I smirk and he softly starts to sing it.

"When you hear the Sound of Thunder dont you get to Scared,
Just grab you Thunder Buddy and say this magic Words
Fuck you Thunder, you can suck my Dick, you cant get me
Thunder cause you just gods Farts.." A/N: ALSO FROM TED. Don't judge.

I giggle, but then squeaked when another crash of thunder sounded.

"Mikey, don't worry, I'm always here for you. The thunder can't get you. Not when I'm here to protect you." He hugs me as I begin to fall asleep in his arms.

Just as I'm about to sleep though, I hear giggles from outside my bedroom door. I pretend to be asleep as the door opens.

"Awww, did you ask him out?" Gerard asks playfully.

"Shh! You'll wake him up! And no, I did not ask him out." Frank replies.

"When will you admit that you like him? It's pretty obvious you both like each other." Bob says.

Am I that obvious? Wait, Frank likes me too?

"By the way, nice thunder buddy song." Ray snickers.

"Guys, try not to wake him up, 'kay? I just got him to sleep. He hates thunder. Every time it thundered, I always try to be here for him, no matter what."

"True. I remember the time when you guys were five and I opened the door to see you all wet asking to help comfort Mikes. Dude, you seriously just walked two blocks just to comfort him. When you were FIVE."

"Caaan you feel the loove toniiiighttttt!" Ray sang jokingly.

"Hey dude, shut it. Would you want me to tell a certain someone about who you're totally in love with?"

"OH HEEEELLLLLLLL NO!" Ray says.

I begin to actually fall asleep. Without thinking, I snuggle into his chest, too tired to notice it was Frank, since usually when I got scared I slept with Gerard.

Frank just hugs me tighter. "Uhh, guys, did you guys uhhh...."

"Oh, ok, Frankie wants some 'alone time' with his love. Ok." Gerard teases and they leave the room, closing the door.

Frank kisses my forehead and we both fall asleep in each other's arms.
Sign up to rate and review this story