Categories > Original > Fantasy > Gorgeous Nightmare

You Are What You Are

by SilentMorbidity 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-08-01 - Updated: 2012-08-02 - 1593 words

1Exciting
Authors note; I know it's not quite long but I'm writing this on my phone so have patience please :D


The large room was quiet, the only noise was the sound of pen on paper. The walls were a boring white, pictures and shelves were absent. The floors were a polished wood and in the middle of the room sat a desk full of papers and books. Behind the desk sat a man with short blonde hair and bright yellow eyes. He was dressed in a blue dress shirt and black jeans. Suddenly someone barged through the double doors.
"Sir Josh! There's a woman here to see you." Said a small boy, his brown hair coming down to his eyes, his eyes matching the color of his hair. He was only about 5'2".
"Thank you August send her in." Josh said, sitting up straight from behind his desk. The small boy nodded and hurried out of the office. He returned soon after with a tall woman by his side. She had long pin straight layered black hair that came down to her waist. Her eyes were a bright yellow and her skin pale white. She wore leather pants that hugged her perfect legs wonderfully, platform boots, a tight tang top, and a leather jacket. Her whole outfit was black. Even the thin sword sheaths hanging at the woman's hips were pitch black. Josh stared at her and stood, bowing slightly.
"It is an honor to be in your presence Princess Alaya." He said, his eyes then slipping to August.
"You may leave." Josh said and without a word the small boy left the room, closing the doors behind him. Josh sat back down and smiled at the woman in front of his desk.
"To what do I owe this honor?" He asked and placed his pen down on his desk. Alaya stared at him with fierce eyes.
"I have come to talk with you about the missing girls in this area. There have been 8 abductions and none of the bodies found. I would like to do a full search of your home and the grounds." She said simply in a voice filled with obvious power. Josh raised is eyebrows.
"Is the kingdom really going to penalize me for human abductions? That hardly seems fair." Josh said, frowning. Alaya smiled at him. It was a smile that would make any boy fall to his knees in awe.
"Only if I find evidence that you are guilty." She said simply and started to walk around the room, examining the walls. She ran her fingertips over the surface, finding that there was a crease in the middle of the wall. Alaya smirked. She had him. She knew he was keeping the bodies in here. Alaya lifted her foot to kick the wall when she felt a blade pressed to her neck. Josh was behind her, his one arm wrapped around her waist, his other pressing the blade to her pale flesh.
"Dear Princess I'm sorry but I can't have you taking what's in that room. That is a gift for The Great Salem to show him I want to be friends." He smiled and pressed the side of his face to Alayas.
"It's such a shame I have to kill you. You are such a beautiful being." He whispered and licked up the side of her face.
"Maybe I'll have my fun with you before I kill you." He said, his arm tightening around her waist. Alaya laughed loudly as a wide smirk came to her face.
"I'll enjoy pulling each limb from your body." She said, elbowing him in the stomach then stomping on his foot, taking the chance to spin from his grip and face him. Alaya reached for her two swords and pulled out two thin scrawny looking black blades. Josh laughed and pulled out his own thick sword.
"Are those the great weapons of the Princess? The ones capable of eliminating an army? HA! I guess they were just stories." Josh laughed and lifted his sword. Alaya smirked and flicked her wrists, the blades started to ripple and change, grow longer, thicker. The blades were still black, but they were as tall as half of her body, and about 6 inches wide. He frowned and lifted his sword to point at her.
"No matter. You're still going to die!" And with that he charged at her, lifting his blade for the first blow, but Alaya was to fast for him, she jumped out of the way and landed behind him. She quickly lifted her sword and stabbed him through the back, knowing she pierced his heart. She removed her blade and watched him fall to the ground, the symbols carved in the blade were glowing.
"Did you really think you could kill a royal?" She asked, putting a foot on his chest. Josh glared up at her.
"You will die. He will kill you and there's nothing you can do to stop him. I've seen it." He snarled, blood coming from his mouth. Alaya laughed.
"And who are you talking about?" She asked. The double doors opened and Alaya looked up to see who it was. There he was, standing there smirking at her with Augusts dead body at his feet. Barthos.
"Barthos? What in the world are you doing here? And why did you kill that boy he was harmless! He was just this vampires pet, he was still human!" She growled. Barthos just continued to smirk at her.
"He was in my way. Now there's something here I need." He stepped forward into the room.
"Out of my way Princess." He said and shoved her to the side. She stumbled back but caught herself and crouched low to the ground ready to attack.
"Step down Barthos. Or I will be forced to attack." She growled, still crouched low to the ground. Barthos laughed and opened the hidden door in the wall.
"You were supposed to take care of her Josh. If you were defeated that easily then you are of no use to me." He said and sliced the already dying mans throat, his head almost all the way off his shoulders. Alaya watched him timidly. Barthos reached into the small hidden room and pulled out a young boy. No older then 10. He had blonde hair that came past his chin. He was only about 4'10", not to mention he had cuts and bruises all over his fair skin. Alaya could smell he was human. He was all tied up and there was duck tape over his mouth. His bright blue eyes were obviously frightened. She growled loudly.
"Barthos. Let the boy go. He's of no threat to you!" She yelled and took a small step towards them.
"Ahh dear sweet Alaya. I know this boy is not a threat to me now, but when he grows up he will be." Barthos smirked and pet the boys hair down.
"I'll be quick with him. He won't even know he's dead." The tall man smirked and licked his lips. Alaya growled menacingly.
"I warned you." She said before leaping into the air and making it look like she was going to attack him from the side. He took the bait and blocked her attack but she simply grabbed the boy and ran to the other side of the room with him.
"Stay here." She whispered to the boy who nodded. She turned and faced Barthos with a growl.
"Meddling bitch, now why would you do something like that?" Barthos smiled. It wasn't the gentle smile she remembered from her childhood. It was menacing and cruel.
"Now you will die. Any last words?" He asked her, pulling his large sword from its sheath. Alaya said nothing but crouched low to the ground, both her swords in hand. Without a word she launched herself at Barthos who easily dodged her attack and went to stab her chest. She dodged but just barely. The blade sliced open her shirt. Alaya landed behind Barthos and went for yet another attack. The man spun and dug his blade into her stomach. Alayas eyes widened and she spat blood from her mouth. Barthos tore the blade from her flesh and licked up Alayas blood on the side of the sword.
"Vampire hunter weapon." She mumbled and fell to her knees, holding her stomach.
"Very observant of you little Alaya." Barthos said, raising his blade and digging it into Alayas shoulder. She let out a small cry and fell to the floor. Her breathing was ragged and short.
"Too easy." Barthos said and lifted his blade for the finishing blow. Just then a mob of people ran into the office.
"Stop right there!" Yelled a deep voice. Alaya opened her eyes to see many blurred figures around Barthos, pointing various swords and other weapons Alaya couldn't make out with her blurred vision. She herd Barthos growl then saw his figure disappear.
"Cody!" The tall blurred figure ran over to the small tied up boy. A few moments later she herd a young voice yell.
"Brother save her! She saved me!" Then she felt sturdy hands lift her from the ground. She opened her eyes to see who was holding her and she was instantly dropped.
"Vampire!" She herd the deep voice from before. Alaya saw him draw his weapon.
"Conner! She saved your brother!" Said another male voice.
"Brother please let's take her back!" Said a young boys voice. Alaya could stay awake no longer, and darkness surrounded her.
Sign up to rate and review this story