Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Never Let This Go

Whatsername

by PurrpleBatman 7 reviews

'Just because I was socially awkward, Doesn’t mean I can’t make enemies..'

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-08-01 - Updated: 2012-08-02 - 1168 words - Complete

5Original
Chapter 2

‘I’m Not Okay... I’m not oh-fucking-kay!’ Gerard sang, through the tiny screen.

I always knew they would be famous one day, the small garage band form jersey.. But I never expected to be avoiding them like the plague.

“Skye, darling, you should spend your break, well, breaking, not stressing over old friends who may or may not happen to pass down a highway 10 miles down the road. Even if they do, why would a farm in the middle of no where matter at all to a now blooming band?” Ari reasoned, trying to relieve the hair that I had began tugging at in frustration.

We were at the Dayne’s gas station and burger joint, while doing annual needles and checkups on the cows that lived in the fields behind the building. I was using the Dayne’s daughters computer, her name was Penina Dayne. She was a nice, pretty girl, and she just happened to love My Chemical Romance, so I was watching videos of them with her.

“Are you talking about My Chemical Romance?” I nodded, not bothering to change my frustrated face.

“They’re doing a charity show here in a couple days, to raise money for the school!” Penina told me excitedly, and even more dread filled the pit in my stomach.

“C’mon Skye, we have work to do,” Ari said quikly, pulling me form the booth,”Thanks for letting us use the computer, see you later Penina!” Ari called from the door, waving and pulling us towards the field.

We continued on to the other side of the field, carrying our brief cases of medicine with us along the hot, Alberta fields. We administered the injections smoothly, and in pure silence.

“I know it’s a tough subject for you.. But I’m your best friend and unless I willingly pissed on your lucky charms, I’m pretty sure I’m gonna stay that way for a while.”

“Alright..” I sighed, knowing she deserved an explanation on my sudden obsession on avoiding them.

“Basically.. You know about the Virginia Tech Massacre?” I asked her, and she nodded with solemn expression, “Well, I was there.. I knew Cho, the murderer. I was one of his few friends. I hadn’t listened when he wanted to speak to me.. I just didn’t know. I was caught up in my group of friends, My Chem, and their girlfriends at the time, and a couple other friends. I didn’t belong in their group.. I mean, look at me. Not their style, I was a social butterfly but chose to stay in the outcasts group. But nonetheless, I was in their circle. When the shootings happened... I knew it was my fault, and I still lied. So, I left. For my well being, and theirs.” I kept out the part about Gerard.. It was to hard.

“I didn’t know Ari! I didn’t know he was that upset... I would’ve done something! And it was best for the group, I wasn’t needed. It was for the best, right?” I questioned her, and I collapsed there, into long broken sobs. She cradled me in her arms, not in a creepy way, the kind you’re Mother would.

I never grew up with a ‘family’, my Mother and Father were such workaholics, I don’t even know their first names. Ari had grown up in Scotland with her family and moved at an early age, and she had lived with her girlfriend Jezebel before moving in with me. They’re still together, but needed space and Jezebel lived with her best friend also. I, on the other hand, was what people called ‘Forever Alone’, mostly because I hated socializing with new people, (moving was difficult to say the least) and Gerard was a hard thing to get over. Of course there had been smiling awkwardly whilst trying to be sexy and tripping over my own feet when I see a moderately attractive male, but that was about it.

“It’s time for the ring competition. It’ll clear your mind anyway, take it out by beating everyone else's arse, good plan?” Ari told me, and we made our way back home to retrieve my horse and trailer.

Every day I went to an indoor riding ring at 6:00, and I have every since we moved here. I met my coach at the market when a girl let out her horse (accidently) when she was getting groceries for a trip. I was listening to Green Day, which quite frankly makes me feel like a badass, and when I saw the moving mass of a spoked, white thousand pound animal, my balls finally kicked in for about a minute, and I chased it, jumped on it, and rode until it was done spooking. The 50 year old lady nicknamed speed for a reason, previous Olympian horse jumper, was so thrilled, she lets me use her arena and coaches me.

The coaching is hard, I have a diet and workout plan, all because she said I potential. It was cheap, because all my winnings from previous competitions I gave to her. I rode a horse she gave me for free as a gift, a pure bred arabian jumping horse (It’s not like I’m bragging, not at all) to ‘train’ for better things outside of this town, according to Speed.

The ride there, loading the horse up and driving there safely felt short to me. Of course I didn’t have a fast truck, it was shittier than Bella’s truck from Twilight (not that I watch it... Shut up voices) but I was so tired, Ari drove in fear of me crashing.

“Well, if it isn’t Skyler Gray. Ready to get your ass kicked?” Meadow Smith bellowed. Just because I was socially awkward, Doesn’t mean I can’t make enemies. I didn’t even do anything really, except when people have a fat mouth I’m bound to try to punch it to try to make it a normal size, even smaller even. In fact, I wished almost everyday on my lucky star that I could play a drum solo with her face as drums.

"Unfortunately Meadow, I'd like to see things your way, but I can't get my head that far up my ass." I called back, and Ari snickered, and we went on our marry way.

We lead my horse out, saddling and going into the ring. We were doing a jumping pattern I could do with myself, and my horses eyes closed, but nerves were still a matter to worry about.

Little did I know, it would be a competition that would change everything.


I just wanted to take this notes for the eight wonderful reviews and the green stripe thing!!!! Wooooo!!! Thanks ladies, gents, and cats of course. MCR will come soon, and shit in these first few chapters will make sense soon, in time friends... In time.
Sign up to rate and review this story