Categories > Original > Drama > The Midnight Beast

The Mountains of New York.

by jessabingdon 0 reviews

...

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-08-02 - Updated: 2012-08-08 - 442 words - Complete

0Unrated
The gravel underneath their car wheels grinded against each other as the white hummer pulled up in the driveway. The scent of fresh mountain air filled the atmosphere. A vast, clear lake spread across the land and was stopped infront of distant green mountains. The hills reflected into the water and rippled as a leaf fell onto it. The soft summer breeze blew the girls' hair gently. The huge willow tree blocked the sun and put the car in shade. Flocks of birds flew over the cabin and disappeared into the distance. Ironically it was more like Autumn and was rare to find a cabin in New York.

The three girls stepped out of the car and unloaded their bags onto the driveway. "Sweet Jesus, this is what you booked us then Amber?" said a very impressed Rachel. Amber inhaled through her nose and out through her mouth, took off her sunglasses and replied with
"Yep!" The three girls grabbed their bags and took them inside to unpack. They instantly got their shorts on and loaded up on sun cream.

Once the girls were set up with music and sunglasses, they ran down the end of the pier and spread their towels out on the end. The girls sat on the towels and dipped their feet in the lupe warm water. Acoustic music was playing faintly in the background. The peacefulness overwhelmed them as they looked at the beautiful view they had infront of them. The reeds at the bottom of the wooden posts on the pier blew gently in the wind. Devon pulled out her camera off her towel and began to take some pictures of the landscape. "What are you doing?" asked Rachel looking up at Devon.
"Taking pictures for my college work." she replied naturally as she continued to snap shots of the mountains. A moment passed and the peaceful silence was disrupted by a scream. The three girls jumped and looked to the left of the lake. Another cabin was there and four boys were stood on the edge of their pier laughing as a girl jokingly rose with anger and climbed out of the water. Amber focused her eyes on the boys and said unsurely "Is that..." Almost instantly Devon zoomed in on her camera and focused the picture. She dropped the camera which would of fallen in the water if it hadn't of been around her neck. "IT IS!" she screamed with excitement. Rachel sat up and smiled at the adjacent pier. The three girls excitedly began to discuss about how they were eventually going to meet these boys and how it must have been fate.
Sign up to rate and review this story