Categories > Original > Drama > The Midnight Beast

We might see them again.

by jessabingdon 1 review

..

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-07-31 - Updated: 2012-07-31 - 615 words - Complete

0Unrated
The heat of the New York hit the three girls like a train. Beads of sweat dripped off their foreheads due to the drastic temperature change from London to America. Being stuffed in a room of tourists didn't help either. The three girls were stood at the luggage carousel. The same, dull suitcases circled around repeatedly. A red, fabric case came past them as they stood fanning themselves. "Is that one one of ours?" asked Amber, eager to leave.
"I think so." Devon replied as she followed it around the conveyer-belt. The case pulled her around as she tried to pull it off. A boys hand grabbed the handle on top of hers and she looked up. A boy with curly brown hair and a t-shirt with cats on looked at Devon and whispered with a smile "I think this is one of mine." He pulled the case off and it took Devon a few seconds to get back to stood upright. Devon looked at the boy and into his eyes. The silence between them was broke by a girl on his left being pulled by a suitcase and shouting "Stefan! Little help!" He dropped his case and helped the girl with her case. Devon turned around and continued to walk back to Amber and Rachel. Her head was looking at the floor when she felt a tap on her left shoulder. When she looked, nobody was there so she looked left and she saw Stefan smiling at her as he walked off with his suitcase and the girl. Devon fixed her fringe and smiled at the floor again with joy. When she got back, Amber and Rachel had already got all the suitcases and they were ready to get their car.

Once all the paperwork had been filled out, they got their keys to their mystery car. They wandered out into the car park as they were tackled by the heat. Amber repeatedly pressed the horn button on the keys to find their car. Beeping noises came from all around but the three girls approached a white hummer. When Amber pressed the horn button, the lights on the hummer flashed and the car honked. The girls looked at each other with smiles as Amber unlocked the boot of the car. The hummer's boot clicked open and the girls squealed with excitement. They loaded the car up with suitcases and got in the car. Once they pulled out of the car park, they wound down the windows and turned up their music.

The sun hit their windshield as they drove down the freeway. Rachel’s arm was tapping the side of the car to the beat of the music as Devon was waving her hand up and down out of the window and through the breeze. Amber turned the music down, tapped Devon's arm and said to her "Who was that guy at the airport?"
She replied with "His name was Stefan. He was hotter that hot. That dude was perfection."
"What did he say to you?"
"I picked up his case and he said it was his, then he tapped my shoulder and smiled at me."
Amber smiled and asked with interest "Well did you get his number?"
"NO! Why?" She replied with a shocked look on her face.
"Well you won't see him again now!" Devon pondered the thought for a second and frowned. A moment passed and Amber asked again
"Did you find out his friends name? The one in the vest?"
"No sorry, why?" Devon replied.
"Shoot! He was hot."
"Well you never know, we might see them again."
"I doubt it..." Amber said as she turned the music back up.
Sign up to rate and review this story