Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > 100 One-shot challenge

#74 - Long distance

by Battery_Star 0 reviews

A collection of FRERARD one-shots/drabbles based on 100 words i was given.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-08-09 - Updated: 2012-08-09 - 368 words

1Moving
A/N: hey, so this is a side project im taking part in while working on my other stories:3 For those of you who dont know what the 100 one-shot challenge is about, you get given 100 random words to write 100 one-shots/ drabbles out of:3

// \\

#74 - Long distance

Frank smiled as his husband’s slightly pixilated face showed up on the screen.

“Hey Gee,” he murmured, propping his elbow up on the arm of his chair and resting his cheek against his fist.

“Hi baby,” Gerard replied sleepily.

“I’m sorry is so late,” Frank frowned guiltily. He was always forgetting to keep track of the time differences as his ship passed through space, and he knew Gerard stayed up every Tuesday and Friday until he called.

“It's okay, I was working anyway. I have deadlines tomorrow.”

“I bet you left it until the last minute again didn’t you?” Gerard nodded slowly and gave him a sheepish smile. “Anyway, how’s your comic book coming along? You were stuck on it the last time we spoke.”

Gerard's eyes lit up and he fidgeted excitedly in his seat. “Oh! Great actually, It turned out I just had to change the story line slightly and I added this new character…”


The pair spoke for a whole longer until the second in command poked his head around the door and told Frank that if they didn’t leave now, then they’d be late picking up their next cargo load.

Frank sighed and nodded and turned back to Gerard who was watching him patiently.

“I gotta go honey,” he hated having to say goodbye, hated having to see the sadness in Gerard's eyes.

“I know…” Gerard whispered, combing his fingers through his hair.

“Hey, I'll be back home in two weeks. That time will fly, I promise.”

“Counting down the days” Gerard kissed his fingers and pressed them to the screen. “I love you.”

Frank mirrored his actions. “I love you too.”

He kept his fingers pressed to the screen long after the call ended and only moved when his crew filtered in and took their positions. Despite what he’d promised Gerard, it was going to be a long two weeks.
Sign up to rate and review this story