Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > 100 One-shot challenge

#66 - Sleepwalking

by Battery_Star 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-08-09 - Updated: 2012-08-09 - 389 words

0Unrated
#66 - Sleepwalking

A loud crash from downstairs woke Frank from his sleep with a start. He clutched the duvet to his chest and sat up, listening closely to the series of quieter noises he could now hear. “Gerard,” he murmured, feeling along the bed in search of his boyfriend. “I think there’s someone- Gerard?” Frank was confused, all he could feel was cold sheets. He switched his bedside lamp on and sure enough, he was alone in the bed. Frowning, he pulled on a pair of boxers from the floor and walked out of the room. He tiptoed down the stairs and followed the noise into the kitchen.

“Gerard? What are you doing awake? It's four AM,” Frank asked, watching as Gerard slowly poured a tin of beans into a pan on the stove. When he received no answer, he moved closer and rested a hand on his shoulder.

“Gee?” Again, he was ignored. Frank huffed and turned Gerard forcefully away from the stove, taking both his wrists in his grip. “Why are you ignoring me?” Frank looked into his eyes for the first time and noticed that they were glazed over and distant. He waved a hand in front of his face and Gerard didn’t even blink.

“Your sleepwalking,” Frank said, more to himself that Gerard, “how did I not notice?” Releasing Gerard's wrists, Frank turned off the stove and slowly led him into the lounge. He helped him sit down on the sofa and perched on the arm. He knew he was going to have to wake him up; there was no way he would be able to help him up the stairs and Gerard would be bitchy the following day if he woke up with an aching back which he would get if he stayed on the lumpy sofa. He held both of his shoulders and gently began to shake him.

“C’mon honey, wake up…” he cooed into his ear. Gerard continued to blankly stare ahead so Frank shook him harder. “Gerard!”

“wha-?” Gerard slurred, blinking rapidly. He yawned and rubbed at his eyes before turning to Frank. “Frank? What are we doing down here?”

“You were sleepwalking,” Frank smirked

“Huh. Really? Was I saying anything?”

“No, but you were attempting to cook.”

“Oh. Okay. C’mon, let’s go back to bed.”
Sign up to rate and review this story