Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Different

[A/N] - I figured that since I originally posted this last december that it deserved to be updated more often :) Also, I'm really bored and I kind of love Crayon an awful lot :3

I walked back into my house to see that my family were already home "Hey, what items did they approve?"

"They approved our cutlery. That was it."

My eyes widened "What about my iPod? My coloured pens? My drawing pad?"

"Yes, we all lost our precious stuff Crayon." Dad sighed but then smiled "But look! They gave us all this complimentary stuff to make up for the loss!"

He picked up a box and put it on the table so we could all look through it. A white mug with the creepy smiley face on it, a small rubber with 'Better Living Industries' printed on it, a few pencils with 'the aftermath is secondary' written on it with the smiley face and a white raygun with 'BL/ind' written on the side.

I picked up the raygun "Why did they give us this?"

Dad took it off me "In case we see a killjoy. We're to kill any killjoy that we see on sight apparently."

I swallowed. I didn't want anyone to kill the killjoys. If anything, I wanted to join the killjoys. But I couldn't tell anyone that. Especially if there were any flies around.

Mom ran her fingers through her hair "It's gonna take us a long time to get used to this place."



The next morning me and Stella had school for the first time. The school didn't have a uniform since everyone in town wore the exact same thing. I wasn't looking forward to this new school. Especially when I heard "They say there's no such thing as a weekend in this town..." Dad told me "You go to school seven days a week now."

I groaned loudly, took Stella's hand and we walked to school together. Lots of other kids were walking in the same direction as us. This should've been comforting but it actually scared me. They all looked so identical. All the girls had long black hair that they wore in a long pony tail and all the boys had the same black haircut. Everyone was wearing the same clothes obviously.

Me and Stella looked so out of place, especially me. Stella nearly fit in with her dark brown hair in pigtails. But I had no chance. It was a relief to meet up with Kat since she looked a little different from everyone else "Don't worry, they scare me too." Kat grinned as she watched me look over my shoulder at the other kids nervously "The teacher is just as bad. It's even worse though when Haru comes down to talk to us."

"Who's Haru? I heard my Dad mention that name..."

"She's this japenese lady. She's one of the most important people in BLI. Once a week she'll come down and talk to us about the importance of our medication, about the future of BLI and other stuff. Then we're allowed to ask her questions. I tried to ask her about the killjoys once but she got mad and it caused so much fuss and now I think she hates me." Kat shrugged her shoulders "Not that I care. Anyway, I told my Dad about you. He says that you should come over after school. We want to talk to you about something."

"Oh, okay." I smiled at her and then we heard a bell ringing so we had to go inside.

The teacher (Kate) pulled me up to the front of the room and told me to introduce myself "Oh umm hi, my name's Crayon-"

"Oh no!" Kate squealled "You mean you haven't been given a new name yet?" I shook my head "I'll get in touch with Haru and she'll come down here straightaway." Everyone in the class sat up a little straighter and smiled except for Kat who pulled an 'Oh no' face.

"Is it really that important?" I asked "What if she's doing something extremely important?"

"What could be more important than this horrifying situation?"

I looked at her like she was an idiot. My name's Crayon... What's wrong with that? Oh god Haru isn't going to make me dye my hair today is she? Kat had been getting away with her red chunks of hair but I knew a whole head of bright red hair would never go unnoticed in this creepy town. One of the killjoys had bright red hair. I bet nobody told him that he had to dye it. The other killjoys probably told him he should dye it rainbow or something!

Haru arrived much sooner than I wanted her to. She looked me up and down and sneered "Another colorful one... We'll have to make you an appointment about this." She told me in the same strange accent that Kat and Kate spoke in. I figured this was the 'Better Living' accent. As I was imagining what a killjoy accent sounded like, Haru constuled a long list in front of her "Your name shall be Victoria."

Victoria? Really? Did I look like a Victoria to her? But I knew it was pointless to argue. I nodded and sat down. Oh well. Kat would definitely continue to call me Crayon and right now, Kat was the only one I cared about. As Haku left, I noticed that she didn't wear the clothes that the rest of us had to wear. She wore a black suit. It wasn't very interesting but still!

After school (we only recieved one lunch break and that lasted twenty minutes) Stella came running over to me with a big smile on her face "They changed my name to Sarah!" She beamed "What did they change yours to?"

"Victoria..." I replied "Wait, you actually like that they changed your name?"

"Yes! I love the name Sarah!"

"Whatever. Tell Mom and Dad that I'm going over to Ka- I mean, Emily's house." I replied, ruffling her hair before running off with Kat "Oh great, they've brainwashed my sister..." I hissed "Eugh. What does your Dad wanna talk to me about?"

"Shush. I can't tell you here. It's actually rather risky to talk about it inside but it'll be worth it."

It turned out that Kat didn't live too far away from me and she let me straight in. Her Dad was in the living room flicking through a book. He had black hair and a black beard. He smiled at me "You must be Crayon. What did they change your name to?"

"Victoria." I told him, pulling a face "What's your name?"

"Jack. But Kat calls me Dad so I guess you can too."

I laughed "So what did you wanna talk about it?"

Kat's Dad looked around "Relax, their aren't any flies. I checked." Kat told him.

Kat's Dad relaxed and looked at me "How would you like to become a killjoy?"
Sign up to rate and review this story