Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Am The Fallen

Let The Games Begin

by WeAreTheFallen 1 review

Violet figures out a secret kept from her for a while, this means nothing good for the night creatures.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-08-13 - Updated: 2012-08-13 - 1620 words

2Exciting
“Why the hell would the thought even cross your mind,” I demand as Gerard and I sit on the kitchen counter, sucking on blood bags.

“I don’t know Frank,” he replies with a sigh, pink tongue sliding over his lips, catching a few drops of run away blood. “She was there with those big blue eyes, offering it to me. I’ve not had anything but these fucking blood bags for months.”

I just shake my head, “Violet isn’t human Gerard, we don’t know what would happen if one of us bit her.”

My dark haired friend looks down at his hands. He doesn’t understand, none of them could possibly understand…I love that girl. Sure, she’s moody and snide and suicidal but she’s also beautiful. Violet is a force to be reckoned with. I wouldn’t want anyone but her controlling if I live or die. Sure, I’m mean to her but it’s really just sarcasm. I have a feeling Violet knows this. We shoot insults back and forth but in the end there is always that smile.

“I know all this Frank. Why do you care so much about her?” Gerard asks, his eyebrows rising.

I shrug, “She keeps me alive.”

Just then Mikey hurries into the kitchen, his hazel eyes frantic, chest heaving. In his hand is a doll, a piece of porcelain stuck in its’ face. Sometimes, I worry about this kid, wondering if he’s as stable as we all think.

“Hey Mikey, what’s that?” Gerard asks calmly, his eyes downcast, examining the doll.

“She’s figured it out,” he pants, resting his head on the side of the cabinets. “I went up to give her lunch and her entire room is destroyed.”

Gerard and I both freeze. Violet wasn’t supposed to discover that, although her wings were stripped, all the powers of an angel remain with her. Her obliviousness is the only way to keep us safe. Now that she knows all hell could break loose. Really there is no way to stop her from going. You cannot keep someone who is stronger or more powerful than you confined. If Violet really has discovered her powers we might not have much more time.

“That’s impossible,” I respond hoping that Mikey is just playing a cruel joke on us.

“I don’t think it is. Frank, the girl has known she could read minds since coming here. You didn’t really think she’d never figure out what else she could do did you?”

I sigh, banging my fist against the counter top, “Well what the hell are we supposed to do now? They could be coming for her right now. Our small group can’t fight them off. If they take her we’re all screwed.”

Gerard, who normally remains calm in high stress situations, stands, “I’ll go around and inform the others what has happened. After that we can all figure out what will be best for Violet. Our main goal is keeping her alive. If she lives none of us can die.”

I try my best to keep a level head. Really all I want to do is rush up the stairs and talk to her. Does Violet even know that people are after her? My guess is probably not. We tend to do a pretty good job of keeping her in the dark. Things are easier that way. If Violet becomes too informed we could have a loose cannon on our hands.

“Frank,” Mikey says as Gerard leaves the kitchen, “we’ve been through worse stuff. We’ll be fine. We’ve got a secret weapon.”

I shake my head, “We can’t use her like that. Violet isn’t exactly someone I’d send out into a battle. She’s unstable.”

The young werewolf just sighs, “She’s not as evil as you think. Really she just wants answers and for us to trust her enough to go out on her own for a bit.”

“We both know that we can’t do either of those things. Knowing Violet she’d throw herself in front of the first moving vehicle she came across.”

Mikey seems a little upset at what I’ve just said. Could he really have a soft spot for the girl? In truth I notice that he spends a lot of his time talking to her. I’ve never paid it much thought.

“What was she doing upstairs?” I question as Gerard, Robert, Ray, Margaret, Lucie, Marcus, James, and Thomas walk into the kitchen area.

All these people crowded into the tiny space makes for a tight fit but in the end we manage, finding some place to sit, with Gerard standing in the middle of our small group. Although I see Violet sitting at the top of the steps I don’t say anything. I suppose she deserves to know what’s going on.

“So I might as well just put it out there,” Gerard starts, fidgeting with his shirt sleeve. “Violet figured out that her powers were not taken from her. Each and every one of us knows what this means. We do not know for a fact if the enemy is on its way or if they will wait a few days. All we do know is that we have a decision to make. We can stay here and put up a fight or we can leave.”

A few of our companions whisper between themselves. Everyone knows we won’t be able to fight off the wicked that is coming for us. It really just depends on how much each of us is attached to this old house.

“We can’t fight them off,” Robert says, his blue eyes unblinking. “I’ll start packing up my things.”

A few others, Lucie and Mikey, follow him out of the kitchen and up the stairs. I turn to look for Violet but she’d gone. Our meeting probably bored her. The red haired angel doesn’t seem to have much of an attention span.

“This is the house we grew up in Gerard,” Margaret says. Her bright, blue eyes are wide, as if she’s pleading with him. She can’t possibly think it is safe to stay here, can she?

“Margaret, if we stay here there is a possibility none of us will live,” Gerard explains, giving her a hug.

“What about the angel?” the blonde questions.

“If they storm the house she’ll be the first they take. We don’t know if they’ll keep her alive or not,” I answer, getting just a little annoyed. “The only way to insure our safety is to find a new place to settle.”

Marcus, James and Thomas, who have been talking quietly amongst themselves, step forward, “We’ve grown quiet attached to your group as well as the safety provided by traveling with the angel. We’ll go ahead and prepare to leave.”

Those three are the oldest of their kind. Thomas is a werewolf while Marcus and James are vampires. They’ve traveled together since the beginning of time and just recently joined up with our clan. More times that not they’ve come in useful. Gerard lets them stay because the three men hardly cause trouble.

As the three leave the kitchen Margaret, Ray, and I stare at Gerard, waiting for him to say something. For a very long time he doesn’t, instead he pets Margaret’s hair. Eventually Ray pats him on the back, heading out of the room. He’s new to the world of night creatures and looks to the rest of us to guide him along. I would have been very surprised if he chose to stay.

“Gerard, you know what we have to do. If it comes down to it you’re going to have to leave her. The clan has to have a leader and I’m not willing to do it,” I inform him before jogging up the steps and into my room.

Ray, who is my bunk mate, is pilling his things into a rucksack. His earnest brown eyes follow me around. Due to the fact I’ve roomed with Ray for a little less than a year now I ignore his stare. The eye thing is just an abnormality the werewolf has…I’ve gotten used to it.

Suddenly, Mikey bursts into my room, his eyes holding the same frantic expression as before. I’m seriously beginning to wonder what is wrong with this kid.

“What’s wrong now Mikey?” I ask, tossing some clothes into my black back pack.

“She’s gone,” he says. “I went up to let Violet know that we’d be leaving soon. Her window is standing wide open…she’s nowhere to be found.”

How could we let this happen?

“Does Gerard know this?”

The dark haired vampire appears behind his kid brother, “I do now.”

Closing my eyes I grumble, where the fuck could have she gone off to. Why now? With the luck we’ve had lately she’ll get picked up by the enemy and we’ll all be dead by night fall.

Suddenly a voice, very similar to one I’ve heard before, clicks on in my head… ‘Positive thoughts fang face.’ It’s Violet somehow communicating with me.

I snarl, annoyed at the angel.

Let the games begin in three…two…one. Come find me Mr. Iero.

Author's Note: yay another chapter. I'm on a roll today. :) Bonus points if you can figure out who Marcus, Thomas, and James are supposed to be. Hope you enjoy remember to R&R.
Sign up to rate and review this story