Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Different

It's totally rude to enter someone's house without knocking. But something told me that Kat and her Dad wouldn't be coming home anytime soon so I approached their house slowly before stepping inside.

It was so strange how the only thing that had changed was that the house was now silent. I walked slowly up the stairs into their bedroom that looked so different from our own back at home. There were two mattresses but they had bright bed sheets. On one side of the room was a sewing machine that Kat's Dad must've been using to make my killjoy outfit. One glance at the killjoy outfit gave me an idea.

Kat must've been wrong. There was probably a fly in the room somewhere and now Better Living Industries had found out about their plan to escape the city. I wasn't sure what they'd do to Kat and her Dad but I assumed that they'd be locked up somewhere. And I couldn't break them out by myself.

I walked over to Kat's wardrobe and pulled it open. Of course there were all the normal white clothes but at the edge was something colourful. It must've been Kat's killjoy costume. I pulled it out and held it up, admiring it for a moment. Kat's killjoy outfit consisted of pink trousers, purple lace-up boots and a yellow tee-shirt saying POW! There was also a small green bag. The whole thing clashed but it was the most perfect thing I'd ever seen.

Luckily for me Kat and I were the same size so I pulled on her killjoy outfit and laced up the purple boots. At the bottom of the wardrobe I found Kat's raygun which was yellow with something in japenese written down the side. I figured that I was ready. Now all I needed to do was found the way out of the city.

First I went downstairs into Kat's kitchen. It was bad to steal, especially from your friends, but I had no choice. I couldn't go back to my own kitchen because of the outfit I was wearing and Kat probably wouldn't mind since I had a good reason. I opened the small bag and put in two bottles of water and two sandwiches. I'd need them if I was going to find the other killjoys.

On my way out of the kitchen, I tripped over something. I looked down and found a loose tile. I shuffled my feet a little and found that quite a few of the tiles were loose. So I bent over and pulled all the tiles away and found that there was a tunnel in Kat's kitchen. I smiled. This must've been the exit that Kat's Dad had told us about.

I stood up and looked through the cupboards in Kat's kitchen until I found a torch. Once I'd found it, I collected up the tiles before leaping into the tunnel and arranging the tiles back above me so that BLI wouldn't know I'd gone down here. I clicked on the torch and walked down the tunnel slowly, hoping that Kat's Dad had actually finished building it.



A few hours later I was still in the tunnel and knew I couldn't turn back no matter how much I wanted to. This tunnel was scary and I was feeling claustrophobic. I wished that Kat was with me. I stopped and took a sip of water before continuing.

I started to wonder what Stella and my parents were doing. Did they know I was missing yet or did they think I was still at the library? What were they doing to Kat and her Dad? Had they locked them up? Had they killed them?

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I bumped into a wall. I used the flashlight to see whether there was another corridor. No. It was a dead end but there was a small ladder leading to the ceiling of the tunnel. I climbed up the ladder and pushed on the ceiling. It turned it was a trap door.

I pulled myself out into the desert and looked around. There was nothing but sand for miles. I fit the trapped door back into place (it was disguised to look like sand) and was about to walk away when I figured that if I was going to ask the killjoys to help rescue Kat and her Dad then I'd need to be able to find the entrance again so we could get into the town. But I didn't want anyone else knowing about it.

In the end I decided that the killjoys had broken into the town once and they could easily do it again so I just walked away.



It was dark and freezing by this point. During the day the desert had been boiling hot and when the sun had started to go down, I had actually been grateful that it cooled down but now I was longing for the boiling sun to return. How did anybody survive in the desert when it was so cold? I'd also eaten the last of my food and drank all my water. Why had I thought this was a good idea?

Suddenly I heard a car in the distance. Was it BlI? What would they do when they found me wandering the desert in a killjoy outfit? They'd kill me for sure.

But the car in front of me was not a BLI car. A man with red hair stepped out and I recognised him as one of the guys from the photo. He was a killjoy! I opened my mouth to say something when I suddenly fell to my knees.

A few more people got out of the car. A man with long-ish black hair, a girl with long, straight, chestnut brown hair, a girl with shoulder-length blood red hair and a guy with brown fuzzy hair.

The guy with red hair ran to my side and lifted my chin up with his hand "Hey, stay with me..." He whispered. But I could feel myself slipping away "Everything's going to be okay..." He told me before I passed out.
Sign up to rate and review this story