Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Deformed Rockstar

Beyond the Looking Glass

by vampyGee 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-08-14 - Updated: 2012-08-14 - 857 words

-1Illiterate
~Mikey's P.O.V.~


"You know this is probably a mistake." Ray told me as I parked the car outside my brothers house.


I took a sip of my coffee and shook my head. "I don't care Ray, I've had 7 cups of coffee this morning and he's my brother, nothing can stop me now, not even that thing you call a fro on your head."

"Nutcase..." Ray smirked, rolling his eyes and getting out of the car. "Whose idea was this? Yours or Lindsey's?"


"A bit of both." I admitted, waking into the front door like usual, Ray closing it behind us.


"Uncle Mikey! Uncle Ray!" Bandit greeted us both, running to give us hugs. I smiled and hugged the little girl, she was so adorable, reminded me so much of Gerard when we were kids. As soon as I let go of her she tackled Ray, jumping on his back.

"Ah no, a bandit has got me!" he joked.


"Hey guys..." Lindsey said, joining us in the room. Wow, she really looked....washed out. She had lost weight too, was almost too thin. He long dark hair was pulled back in a messy pony tail and she wore no make up.

"Hey sis...in law." I greeted her, walking across the room and letting Ray distract Bandit. "Where is he?"


"In his studio." she said emotionlessly. "Want to come outside for a smoke, I have a fresh pot of coffee made."

I nodded and followed her outside to the patio, taking one of her cigarettes, I was a social smoker, that was all. "So how has he been?"


She shrugged. "The usual....I can't get him to do anything, he barely let's me see him, doesn't even go near Bandit anymore and she just want's to spend time with her father so badly.....we all do, I miss the man I love Mikey, I miss him so fucking much." she said, her eyes starting to tear up. "I don't care what he looks like, he'll always be my handsome Gerard, I love the man so much, but I feel like there's nothing I can do." her voice broke on the last word and the tears begun to fall, I quickly pulled her close and rubbed her back. She stayed strong everyday for Bandit and Gerard, she was allowed to let it out at some point.



~Ray's P.O.V.~


"Uncle Ray, can I braid your hair?" Bandit asked me, looking all sweet and innocent.

"I don't think so Bee, not after the last time." I said, wincing at the thought of all the knots she left in my hair last month.

"Okay..." she pouted. "Can I have a cookie?"

"Why not?" I said, letting her lead me to the kitchen and point to the cookie jar. I gave her a cookie and got one for myself, looking out the window to the patio, seeing Lindsey crying and Mikey doing his best to comfort her. "Hey Bee?"

"Yes?"

"How about you go play upstairs with your dolls and get a nice tea party set up and I'll come have a tea party with you when you're ready?"

He little brown eyes lit up. "Yay!" she said, running up stairs.

Something had to change, there had to be an end to all of this, everyone didn't need to hurt so bad anymore. I walked down the hall to the opposite end of the house and walked right into Gerard's studio. His back was facing me and he was drawing something dark and abstract on a large canvas. I closed the door, making him jump.

"Gerard, when is this bullshit going to end?" I asked bluntly.

"What are you talking about Ray?" he asked, putting down his paint brush but not turning to face me.

"Hiding from your family! We all miss you, especially your wife and daughter. Your wife is outside crying her fucking eyes out because of you, and you just stay locked away in this house, hiding from the light and people, every single day!"


"You...don't know what it's like..."


"I don't? Of course I don't, but I do know this, you saved my fucking life, as well as Mikey's and Franks, and so what if you got a few battle scars, I'd be fucking proud to show them."

"Ray stop....please..."


"No!" I said, I had enough of this, I just couldn't hold it back. I walked forward, grabbing his shoulder and jerking him hard, spinning him around to face me. His face was covered in scars, his flesh a mixture of his own pale white, pink, and angry red burn scars. But his eyes were unchanged, and he looked terrified.


"Get off me!" he roared. shoving me away but standing no chance, he had gotten thinner since the last time I saw him, and a lot weaker.

"No." I said simply.

He laughed to himself, a mocking laugh, not a true laugh. "What? Care to see a freak show? A monster?"

"No." I frowned, letting go of him. "I don't see a monster, I see a pussy, and his name is Gerard Way."
Sign up to rate and review this story