Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Hospice Isn't Such a Relaxing Getaway After All

I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends

by Kaleidoscope_Eyes 2 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-08-16 - Updated: 2013-04-10 - 1398 words

1Original
By 11 o’clock the party was in full swing. I was still with Micah. He’d been toting me around with him the entire night, introducing me to his friends whose names I would never remember. Every few minutes he would hand me a freshly filled cup of beer and I would never refuse it, despite the fact that it tasted horrible.

The world was blurry and I was having trouble standing on my own, I had to lean into Micah for support. I didn’t like that feeling. I needed to find Ryan, I needed to go home.

“Micah,” I slurred. “I n-need to find m-my friend.”

“In a second.” He walked me away from the crowd.

“M-Micah, I need to—”

“I said in a second!” he interrupted. He was still leading me away from everyone else. We left the house where the party was being held. He was holding me around the waist and suddenly I didn’t like the touch so much. I tried to pull away but he just tightened his grip.

I looked around franticly, trying to spot Ryan or one of the boys, but there was no one.

“Where are we going?” I wondered aloud.

“I thought we could use some alone time,” he whispered in my ear. The words sent chills down my spine. I tried to get out of his grip but my fingers wouldn’t work properly. I pushed at him, but despite how skinny he looked, he was strong. I was panicking and couldn’t catch my breath. What do I do? What do I do?

I started screaming and pushed Micah away from me. Startled, he let go of me, but only for a moment. His hands gripped around my wrist and squeezed.
“Shut the fuck up,” he hissed through gritted teeth.

I felt tears coming; I was terrified. I heard footsteps pounding behind me and I started crying. “Let go of me, please!”

Micah was unconcerned about the people advancing towards us. He took a step closer to me and I was rooted to the spot out of sheer terror. He placed a hand on my hip and whispered, “Everything will be alright.”

“Please don’t touch me. Let go, I want to go home!” I felt his hand tighten on my wrist and I cried out in pain.


Suddenly Jon and Spencer were next to me and I was failing to contain my gasps of fear.

“I think she said to let go,” Jon said an intense look on his face.

“Who the hell are you?” Micah asked, annoyed.

“Jon Walker, asshole.” He swung his arm back and punched Micah in the face causing him to let go of my wrist and me to fall backwards.

Spencer leaned down to where I had fallen and wrapped his arms around me as I cried into his shoulder. He rubbed his fingers in slow circles on my back and let me cry. Jon sat down next to me and looked at my wrist. I could feel the bruises already forming, little fingerprints that would serve as a reminder of my all too-trusting nature. Jon slipped his fingers through mine and gave my hand a squeeze, immediately making me feel comforted. After a few minutes in this position the two helped me stand up.

I took a few shaky steps and it was obvious that I wouldn’t be able to walk on my own. Jon scooped me up in his arms and took me to Ryan’s car. When Ryan and Brendon saw my tear-stained face they demanded to know what happened. Jon and Spencer told how they had found and saved me from Micah.

Jon sat me down in the car and the boys piled in after me. Ryan looked back at me and touched my knee. “I’m really sorry, Kenz.” I looked in his eyes and felt a tear slip silently down my cheek. “Let’s get you home.”

“What? No! My parents—” I stopped. Not my parents, parent. My mom couldn’t do anything, she was in the hospital. “My dad will kill me.”

“She can just stay at my house dude, my parents won’t care,” Jon said.

I looked to him, grateful for everything he had done for me that night. I leaned on his shoulder in a silent thank you and I felt him smile.

I pulled out my phone and called Danny to tell him I would be staying at a friend’s house that night.

We arrived at Jon’s house and he quickly led me inside. I hadn’t really said much since leaving the party. He held my hand as we tiptoed up the stairs to his room. As we entered his room he began looking through his drawers for something. He pulled out a pair of sweats and a t-shirt and handed them to me.

“The bathroom is right down the hall. You can take a shower if you want. There should already be towels in there.” I thanked him and gave him a hug.

I quietly made my way to the bathroom and took my shower. The feel of the hot water against my skin was wonderful. It felt good to get the make up and everything else off of me. It felt good to get the feel of Micah off me. I looked down at my wrist and saw the tiny finger marks polluting my skin.

I quickly got out of the shower, got dressed and made my way back to Jon’s room. He was laying on his bed, flipping through the channels on the TV. When he saw me come in he sat up and patted the bed next to him.

For the second time that night he was saving me. Right now he was saving me from my thoughts. If I had gone home I’d have to deal with questioning from my father but I’d also have to deal with being alone. Being alone wasn’t good for me anymore. Being alone brought thoughts of my mother. Hell, even being with people brought thoughts of her.

It was like I couldn’t ever get away from her. That’s all I wanted. For once I didn’t want to be plagued with this anymore, I just wanted her to be ok. I hadn’t realized that tears were falling until Jon pulled me into a hug.

“Shh. Kenzie, it’s ok.” He tried to calm me down.

“I j-just want her to b-be ok,” I choked out.

He tightened the embrace and didn’t say anything as I cried on his shoulder. I couldn’t have asked for a better friend. After a few minutes I still hadn’t calmed down. He pulled away from the embrace and said something but I couldn’t understand it. I just nodded my head and he left the room. I pulled my knees to my chest and continued crying, my eyes closed.

A few minutes passed and I heard the door open. Quiet footsteps made their way across the room and arms circled around me. Many sets of arms. I opened my eyes to see Brendon, Spencer, and Ryan; Jon was standing in the doorway.

Brendon sat down next to me and put an arm around my shoulder. “Jon called and said you wouldn’t stop crying.” I nodded my head, not trusting my voice.

Ryan and Spencer sat down on the bed facing me and Jon took the other seat next to me. It was nice having the four of them here. It was comforting. With them around I knew that no matter what happened, I’d always have friends around to help me through whatever it was that I needed to face.

Ok first I just want to apologize for this taking me Jesus like what three months? Yeah three months to get out. I'm really sorry, I think I just needed to take a break from this story though. I'm back though and I'm going to be posting more! Not promising that it will be any time soon because my senior year starts in like three or four days. D: But whatevs.
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Isn't Micah such a dick? haha Please rate and review everyone! Thanks for reading and stay lovely!
Sign up to rate and review this story