Categories > Original > Drama > New Member

New Member

by stashleylover 0 reviews

When Stefan moves into Sara and Ashley's flat, he becomes their best friend.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-08-17 - Updated: 2012-08-18 - 2934 words - Complete

0Unrated
There was a knock on the door. Sara rolled over in bed, facing the ceiling. Another knock. She groaned as all her bones ached. "Ash! Get the door will you?" she yelled and heard a thump as Ashley fell out of bed and plodded towards the door. Another knock again. "I'm coming!" cried Ash. He finally made it to the door, regretting going to the club last night with Sara and Dru.
"Who are you?" he asked in surprise when he saw the stranger standing at the door. He studied the person carefully. Dark brown curls which were really an afro, multicoloured cap, Lazy Oaf top, yellow Nike Blazers. He looked weird in Ashley's eyes.
"I-I'm Stefan, your new flatmate?"

"Sorry about Ash, we went to a party last night and he's pretty hungover." Sara said, passing Stefan the mug of coffee. "It's alright" he muttered, taking a sip. "So then Stefan, how old are you?" Sara asked as she sat down at the table. "23, my birthday's the 19th of January. What about you two?" "We are both 23 as well actually. My birthday is June 13th and Ash's is...January 4th." Stefan smiled at Ash, but he just eyed him suspiciously. "You got a girlfriend then?" he asked curiously. "Ermm, no, not at the moment." Stefan replied looking uncomfortable. Sara kicked Ashley under the table, warning him not to scare him. "Erm sorry for getting to know him!" Ash said smirking at Sara. "Shut up Ash!" and she kicked him again, making him yelp and grab him leg. "Uh, well this might be a bit awkward, but are you two...a couple?" Stefan mumbled, looking at the floor. Sara and Ashley looked at him in horror. "Definitely not, we've just known each other since we were young and we are really good friends" "Oh right sorry." Stefan went bright red, but Ash broke the silence by laughing for about 5 minutes.

"I think I should probably show you your room now, Stefan" Sara said quietly after Ash had stopped laughing. "OK, I'll just get my stuff." Stefan went and picked up his two suitcases and rucksack and followed Sara to his room. It was next to hers, and the furthest away from Ashley's. "I put you far away from Ash because he might bring...more than one girl home a week, but I'm used to it." she whispered, opening the door. "Thanks. My last room mate was completely different to Ash. He was...awkward, and I mean really awkward, so he never brought girls round" Sara laughed at that comment, then helped him unpack his things. "Wow, you own a lot of Lazy Oaf clothes! Can I borrow them?" Stefan turned around to see her holding up his Batman jumper that he'd bought the week before. "Err, of course you can" he said, smiling at how interested she was in his fashion sense. "I shop there too, but I never have enough money to buy there new things" Sara said, still looking through his clothes. "Well, I get quiet a lot of freebies from them because my friend works there, but you can always borrow any of my clothes if you want to" he smiled sweetly at her, and Sara thanked him, turning around to hide the fact she was blushing.

"Stef, you coming pub with us then?" Sara shouted from the door. "Yeah, just a sec" he placed his cap on his afro carefully, making sure it was in the right place, then ran to the door to join Ashley and Sara.
When they arrived, Dru and Elliot were waiting outside the entrance. "Alright guys!" Ash shouted over to them. Their faces lit up, and they hugged each other. "Oh, this is Stefan, our new member. He moved in with us this morning." Sara introduced him to Dru, who had black hair that was swept to the side, with a black cap, purple checked shirt and black skinny jeans, which everyone seemed to be wearing, even Sara. He has more than one earring at the top of his left ear, and was wearing black and yellow hi-tops. Then he met Elliot, ginger hair with glasses, green lantern top, black jeans and white trainers. Stefan shook their hands and everyone went inside.

"So Stefan, why did you move to Putney then?" Dru asked. "Well, I lived with my friend, Dan, in quite a big flat that our parents had bought, but he moved away because he got a new job. I didn't wanna get used to living on my own and I couldn't find anyone to move in, so I looked at adverts for new flatmates, and this one caught my eye" Dru took a sip of his drink and responded by nodding. "Well we're all glad you chose this place, 'cos you're really cool" Sara said, standing up to get another pint. Stefan didn't understand Sara. He saw her as 'one of the lads'. When she went to the bar, he asked the guys about her.
"So, what's Sara about, because I just can't figure her out like I can with every other girl." he asked quietly. "She's one of us, y'know? She's not one of the pink party girls, not high maintenance, not annoying, blonde or thick, she's just herself, real not fake...What?" Ashley looked around to see everyone at the table staring at him in disbelief. "You just said something nice about Sara. You never say anything nice about Sara, you're always complaining." Elliot said after an awkward silence. Then Sara came round the table, handing everybody a drink each.
Stefan stumbled out of the pub, clutching onto Sara's arm like his life depended on it. "God Stef, you're such a lightweight when it comes to drinking!" she laughed, dragging him down the street with the guys help. He had a massive smile on his face when he looked up at everyone, and before he knew it, he'd fainted.

Next morning, and Stefan woke up in his new room, lying in his bed. He was in the same clothes as the day before and he could hear the clinking of cutlery from the kitchen. As he stood up, a sharp pain went through his body. Hangover. Stefan had never had a hangover before. He wasn't the party type usually and he never went to pubs or anything involving alcohol, so this was a terrible thing to wake up to for him. "Sara? Ash?" he managed to shout out their names. "You alright mate? Look pretty rough." Sara was standing at his door in her pjamas, smirking at the sight of him. "Help" said Stefan, trying to take his jacket off. Sara ran forward, tackling him to the ground, but luckily they landed on the bed. She burst out laughing as he squirmed and kicked his legs to try and get up. Then Ashley appeared at the door, in his boxers. "Ash! Put some clothes on, he only got here yesterday!" Sara screamed at him, throwing the nearest cushion. "Yeah? Well at least I'm not in bed with him already!" he shouted as he walked down the corridor. "He's right" Stefan said. Sara went bright red and legged it out of his room.




Stef had been living with them for a month when Ash brought back a girl for the first time. They'd just been to a club in London, quite a full one at that, and Ash had started dancing with a stranger who kept checking him out. He told the gang not to wait up, but Dru wanted to 'make sure she wasn't a hooker', his words exactly. They'd been there for at least three hours, when Ash brought her over and they went home together. He wouldn't stop kissing her, so Stefan kept walking away from them, pretending he wasn't with them, but the rest of them just carried on as they were. Stefan was surprised, he must do this loads if they can ignore it just like that.
After Dru and Elliot had gone home, Sara told Stef to listen to some music really loudly for the rest of the night in his room, or he could watch films with her in the living area. The sofa was further away from Ashley's room then his bedroom, so he watched Captain America with Sara.
A bit into the film, and Stefan moved over to lie on the other end of the sofa that Sara was lying on. He grabbed the end of her blanket and pulled it over him. She giggled and they stayed there for the rest of the film, ignoring slight noises coming from Ash and his...friend.
When the film finished, Sara got up, turned it off, and got a coffee for her and Stef. "We're gonna need it, they're off again" she nodded toward Ashley's room and Stefan laughed. "Another film then?" they agreed to watch The Expendables this time. Stefan still wasn't sure about Sara, seeing as they had no rom-com's or girly films, just action and comedy. "So...I take it you don't hang around girls much then?" Stefan said, raising an eyebrow as she put the film in. "Nah, I hate girls, they're too bitchy, but the boys just have a laugh." she replied. "True actually, I get why you're like one of the lads now" Stefan said while nodding and looking up at the ceiling. Sara smiled and lay down in her previous spot, before turning the film on and shushing Stefan.

The film had finished and so had the noises from the bedroom, but they thought they'd just stay up and watch more DVD's, so they watched Green Lantern, The A Team, Hot Fuzz, Iron Man and The Hangover. After all of the films, it was 8 in the morning, and Ashley's friend had left wearing one of his shirts, looking terrible. When she'd shut the door behind her, not noticing them on the sofa, Sara elbowed Stefan. He nodded and they both tip-toed over to Ash's door. "3, 2...1!" Sara whispered, and they both ran into his room, standing on either side of his bed and jumping up and down on the mattress. When he grumbled, they both stood on one side and jumped harder to tip it over. He landed on his back, glaring up at them, looking pissed off. Sara shouted for Stefan to save himself, but it was too late, Ash had hold of their ankles and pulled them over, making them fall on his bed. "Ow!" Sara yelped as Stefan landed on top of her. They were all laughing for a while, till Ash pushed them off him, standing up to get dressed. Sara was red in the face from laughing, and stood up, leaving Stefan on the floor. She held her hand out, and as he was about to take it, she pulled away, letting him lie there. Sara laughed and hugged Ash from behind, making him jump.
"You up for going to the studio with Dru today?" she asked them both. "The studio?" Stefan said getting up and dusting himself off. Ash nodded, "Yeah, we have a recording studio for our music, it's really just Dru's basement, but its got good soundproofing so the neighbours won't complain..." Stefan raised an eyebrow, "Can I come then, or do I have to be in the band? I can play guitar, keyboard, I sing..." "Wow. We didn't know you liked music that much, where's your stuff then?" Sara said. "Ermm, I had to sell it to move here." Stef said, looking down. His guitar was the best thing in the world to him. He'd take it everywhere, even just to go shopping, he'd just set up and busk in the street. Stefan's family were very musical, so that must be were he got his talent and taste in music from. He had an amazing voice though, as they found out later, when Dru recorded him singing in the 'studio'.

"WOW Stef, you're brilliant at singing! We need to get you into a band with us, right guys?" Sara turned to face Ash and Dru who just nodded, playing it back and listening in awe. He had a very adaptable voice that could sing really high, but was good low as well, good for rock songs, but great for pop, so the band couldn't wait to hear more.
The rest of the day was spent shopping. Not clothes shopping, guitar shopping. They went to Elliot's music store round the corner from Dru's house. He always gave them discounts because they were his best friends, but they'd still have to pay. As soon as they'd walked in, Stef ran to the back of the shop, to an electric blue guitar. It was amazing, and Stef fell in love with it straight away, but he knew that the guys had told him to get an acoustic first, so he decided to get a plain one with a bit of bright blue on it.
Elliot went back to the studio with them, shutting his shop early so he could help them out. "So, Stefan, how long have you been playing?" Dru asked him as they arrived. He shrugged, "Since I was about 5 years old I think. Being from a musical family and that I learned when I was young, and I started singing when I was 8." Sara looked up at him, "You must have had coaching from real proper professionals though to get that voice, yeah?" He shook his head, smirking. "Not really, I mean, my parents helped me out, but we didn't get anyone else to teach me, I just taught myself most of the time." he was acting like it was no biggie, but the rest of them were jumping up and down with excitement for when they got to hear his voice with their music.

"That was really good everybody! I'll sort out the rest of it, should be done for tomorrow so come round whenever" Dru called as they left. "That was fun guys, thanks for letting me join, and thanks for the guitar, Elliot." Stef said patting him on the shoulder. "S'alright mate, I'll see you all tomorrow at Dru's then." they said they're goodbyes to Elliot as he walked back to his shop, where he lived above it.

When Sara, Ash and Stef got home, they all parted, going into their rooms and going to bed.
Sara couldn't sleep, she was too busy writing a song that would suit Stefan's voice. She stood up and started pacing the room, humming the tune to the song she had thought of. Then there was a knock at her door. She opened it, expecting to see Ash running down the hall laughing at her, as he did every so often, but to her surprise it was Stefan. "I haven't woken you up have I?" he whispered. "No, I can't sleep. What's up anyway?" she asked, patting the bed for him to sit down. "I just need someone to talk to that's all, but it doesn't matter, don't know what I was thinking." he murmured, avoiding eye contact. Sara noticed this as he would always look right into her eyes whenever he spoke to her, like he was lost in them.
"Tell me, I know there's something wrong" she said softly, lifting his chin up with her finger so he was looking straight at her. "I-I don't think I should, its stupid." he stuttered. "You can tell me, or Ash, anything and it will never be stupid, Stef, you should know that" Sara assured, making Stef's eyes well up. She pulled him into a hug tightly. He flung his arms around her and sobbed into her t-shirt. They stayed like this for a while, rocking back and forth, until his tears had stopped. Then Sara broke away, "Stef, you don't have to tell me, but I can tell you that it will make you feel better." she whispered. He nodded and started to speak quietly.
"I...I've started having...feelings for someone who I know for sure will never feel the same about me" he said after a few minutes. "How do you know that?" Sara asked, hoping it wasn't her, or this was about to get awkward. "Because...he's straight...and he's been with more women then I can count." Sara was shocked. Stefan-gay? The thought had never crossed her mind before, which started to make her worry. "Wow, I never knew you like guys." she mumbled, still with her arms around his shoulders. He looked at her for a second, before responding with "I like girls though, and that's what I need to talk to someone about. See, I have always liked girls, never guys. But when I met this person, I got butterflies in my stomach, and I get all nervous and shit. I don't know...maybe I'm just being thick."
Sara lifted his head up again and spoke, never losing eye contact. "Stefan, you are the nicest person ever. I'm sure, that if you tell this person how you feel, they might give it a chance, being with you I mean. And don't you dare say that your thick, that's the stupidest thing I've heard in my life, apart from Ashley's chat up lines..." this earned her a giggle from Stefan, who had stopped crying completely. "But I think you'll just have to accept the fact that you're most likely to be bisexual. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, OK?" He nodded again, and they hugged for what seemed like hours, but was only 10 minutes.
Sign up to rate and review this story