Categories > Original > Drama > Peace, Love and Homicide

Chapter 15- awakaning-

by InuGirl1 0 reviews

So ill ask a big favour... Before I post another chapter I want to know I have some followers :) so please review

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-08-24 - Updated: 2012-10-13 - 3230 words

0Unrated
i watched as he walked past me. Not even bothering to make eye contact.

‘what the hell! He could get hurt or worse… die, and he dosnt even bother to look at me!’ I feel tears prickle at my eyes as Tara puts her arm around my shoulders.

“ you cant deny that you love him.” She tells me as we walk down a hall iv never seen before.

A long sigh leaves my mouth before I reply to her statement. “ I do but I don’t believe he has those same feelings for me. He runs his mouth off without care and when he screws up he yells at me for it. If he did love me then our bond would have never broke.” I keep my head down as we come up to a large metal door.

I look at it in aw and cant help but thinking of a bomb hatchet, the way the room and doors are created out of just metal.

“What is this?” I look beside me at Tara.

“its used when we are under attack. We would send the woman and children to the room wile the men and those of us who know how to fight take on the battle.” I scowl at her statement about being able to fight.

“Well sorry I don’t know how to fight yet!” I yell out crossing my arms over my chest.

“You do its just that your mind hasn’t let you understand all of which you know. In time you will be able to fight. With or without training. We will probably have Senzai teach you weapons.” We are now sitting down on a small couch.

“Whos Senzai?”

“An Ogre with the gift of swords man ship. He is like out sword master. He also took on Gabe with an apprenticeship.”

“Does that mean that Gabe has the same powers as this Senzai person?”

“Yep, it is not common but it does still happen. Senzai is actually Gabe’s uncle.” She smiles at me.

Before I can ask another question. The sound of thunder striking the ground echoes through the room.

I hear Tara mumble something under her breath: Gabe.

“Tara…” I know the moment I ask her this she’ll say no.

“You wanna go help out with the fight?” she looks at me then laughs, seeing a bright smile grow on my face.

“You know me so well!” I yell out hugging her.

We both get up and make our way to the door, just before we make it to the threash hold, the door closes and we hear the creack of the latch closing.

“What the hell?” we both yell out pushing against the door.

“Sorry Maria but if anyone is going to help Darien then its going to be me.” I hear Liza say before the click of her shoes make there way down the hall.

“What the fuck!” Tara screams.

‘shit we are so screwed!’ I think to myself.

Tara lets out a loud laugh and I watch as she moves over to a pool of water on the ground. she lets her fingers touch the water as she swishes them back and forth.

“What are you doing?” I ask a little annoyed.

“Getting us out of here.” She replies and she stands up. I watch as the water follows her hand in the air. A long stream reaching from the pool on the ground up and around her stretched out hand. She walks over to the door and im mesmerized by the way that the water follows her all the way there.

She looks and smiles at me before she flicks her hand towards the door and the water goes flying out onto the metal. A loud crash sounds through the room as the metal falls to the ground.

“Nice.” I laugh out as we walk through the gaping hole in the door. I let myself fall into a sprint. Just as I make it to then end of the hall I realize that Tara isn’t beside me anymore. I turn around and find her standing beside a door looking at me.

“You go on ahead and ill catch up. I need to grab us a few things first.” I give a quick nod then turn to run to the secret entrance.

Just as I make it to the platform, I find Tara standing behind me. I find myself looking down at the sword she holds in her hand. I reach out and grab it not waiting to see if its for me or not. The moment I touch the weapon I feel a buzz fill my body.

“Before you were born your parents had Senzai create it for you. He always spoke of something like this happening the moment you touched it.” I don’t quite understand the smile on her face.

“What do you mean?” I cock my head to the side in confusion.

“Mara, darling… Your sword is glowing.” Though her voice is laced with sarcasm I still look down at the sword and find that what she has said is true. I let myself pull the sword from its sheath, the cold steel dragging across the soft flesh of my arm and wresting just above my wrist giving me a close view of the intricate designs.

“Senzai said that the day will come when sword and master becomes one. He always implied that you would have great power when you mastered the sword itself.”

“how long will it take?” I ask her as I feel myself begin to lift up towards the opening of the entrance.

“Do you not feel strange almost forgotten memories coursing through your mind?” that’s when I realize what the buzzing through my body meant.

Before I can ask her anything else about this weapon, we reach ground level. I am taken a back my the grotesque scene before me. I feel myself start to lean forward with nosier but soon catch my bearings.

I hear Tara whisper something. “ Oh my god.” I look over at her expressionless face and know that this is her first time ever seeing something this severe.

Bodies litter the ground. burned, melting, limbs missing or with weapons sticking out from different limbs. The ground before us is now scarlet red and the sky above us booms with angry thunder then the dangerous proximity of lightning. I find myself searching for the battle around me but only find bodies.

“Tara… where are they?” I whisper.

“Up.” That’s when I finally take notice of at least 15 different figures dancing though the sky in fierce battle. My heart races and I start to feel dizzy. I know what comes next but force myself to push it back for later.

“NO!” I hear Tara scream.

I turn to my left and find that Tara is no were to be found. “ What the?”

I look up and find her flying towards Josh’s side, just as he begins to fall towards the ground. something about his dark blue wings dosnt seem to be right. Then I understand that hes been injured and let myself run to were I know they will both land.

I keep my eyes trained on her as she embraces Josh and lets herself take the grand impact the moment they hit the ground. I hear the sound of air leaving her chest as she makes contact with the dirt and know she must have at least a couple broken ribs. I don’t wait for her to get up before I am pulling josh off of her and onto the cold ground beside her.

“Tara?” I feel my heart beat speed up the moment she dosnt answer. “ Tara?” I say louder.

“Im fine. Just help Josh. Please. Ill be alright. Just help him!” I don’t know how to react and do the first thing my body decides. I move over to Josh’s side.

His breathing is elapsed and I can tell by the fold of his wing that he has broken it as well as his arm. I reach down to push him onto his stomach when I take in a ghastly sight. The bottom left side of his stomach has been torn through by a skilled archer. The arrow head still lingers just out of my reach within his body.

I move back over to Tara’s side and see the tears run down her eyes as she pulls her light purple wings back within her flesh. “Tara honey, I know you must be hurting but I need you to get me some medical supplies. If you don’t then Josh will die. Im sorry. I would get them but I need to stay with him.” I watch the pain in her eyes as she gets up off the ground. before I can even think of changing my mind I watch her pull out her wings once more and flies towards the entrance of Safe Haven. The last thing I see is the light pink undersides of her fluffy wings before I turn back to Josh.

“Josh can you hear me.” I hear a small but pain filled moan leave his chest. “Josh I know this is going to be very painful but I need to get that arrow head out of your hip. That means that you can not move at all or else it could cause more damage. Alright.” Another pain filled moan leaves him.

I feel Tara’s hand on my shoulder as she passes down the medical kit. I open it and find a small pair of tweezers. I look over my shoulder at Tara who is looking at Josh with so much love that it pains me.

“Tara I need you to hold him down. He cant move at all! do you understand?” I feel my heart stop when she looks at me. Theres nothing in her eyes but trust. ‘I have to save him.’

I wait until she nods at me, implying that shes ready for me to begin. I let myself take a deep breath before I reach the tweezers in and just grab the top of the arrow. Josh’s body becomes tense and I know that even the slightest movement will create excruciating pain for him.

“Im so sorry josh but there isn’t anything I can give you without the chance of your heat stopping.” I feel the tears fill my eyes and try my best to not let them spill as I begin to pull the arrow head out as slowly as I can. An ear shattering scream leaves Josh’s mouth then immediately stops. I look up and find that his eyes are closed and the slightest raise and fall of his chest shows that he’s just barley holding on. I pull the rest of the arrow head out with ease then let myself clean the wound and stitch it up, covering it with medical tape and bandages.

“Tara you need to stay here and watch him. Don’t let him move to much or he might tare open his stitches. If hes breathing gets worse or he stops breathing. Call me down immediately. You can not freak out this time. you NEED to tell me.” I hold her by her shoulders and look her in the eye. Before she can even give me a reply i turn on my heels and make my way over to where Darien and the others are fighting. \

‘ how in hells name am I going to get up there to help them?’ i let out a loud grunt and cross my arms over my chest. ‘ damnit! Of all days the pick today to attack!’ I feel my anger rise and grasp the hilt on my sword.

‘there has to be a way.’ I let my thoughts wander to what might happen if I cant get up to Darien and the others. I feel the sting of tears at my eyes knowing that someone could die. Darien could die. It would be all my fault since I wasn’t able to get to him soon enough.

That’s when I feel the tight pull in my back, then the feel of something extending from my spine. I let my head turn to the side and find two midnight black wings protruding from my back. I also take notice that these wings are different then the others. My wings are shaped like a fairies or a butterflies.

I don’t let myself stair at the wings much longer before I feel myself rise up and the soft beat of my wings fluttering back and forth. It dosnt take long for me to learn how to control them, before I know it I’m nearing Darien’s side. I watch as he turns to look at me his face changing from confused to angry.

“What. Are. You. Doing. here?” he moves closer to me and know were just a hairs width apart. I feel his hot breath run down my neck and try to hide the small shudder that breaks through my body.

“trying to help.” I feel my hand reach towards my blade like an explanation to my answer.

“Who gave you that!” he yells out to me, taking a hold of my shoulder as though hes about to throw me to the ground. I feel as his fingers dig into my shoulder and cant help but let out a loud whimper of pain.

“Darien, your hurting me.” I say as I try to pull my body away from his. I can tell that hes not ‘there’ anymore. The far off look in his angered face is enough to assure me that my assumption was right.

“Ouch, Darien!” I watch him pull his hand back to his chest in pain as he also lets out a loud sound of discomfort.

Im confused by his sudden action but soon realize what happened the moment I look down at my body. I had let off another shield which attacked him. ‘Oh no!’ I reach my hand out to touch him but quickly pull away when an arrow flies past my hand. We both look towards were the arrow came from and find a warlock: his dark green wings beating back and forth as he watches us with his pale almost white eyes.

“Maria get behind me.” I hear no chance of an argument but feel as anger overcomes me.

“Don’t you dare boss me around like I am so mere child!” I scream at him as I fly towards the warlock pulling back my sword and feeling as the blade slices through the warlocks left shoulder down his chest and exiting from the opposite side of his body.

My eyes follow his descending body with my eyes as the warlock falls to the ground, causing the dust on the ground to fly in the air and cause an almost foggy substance to hide the warlocks body from sight.

I let myself tare my gaze away from the creatures body and over to Darien who was looking at me with such an intense gaze I feel a shiver run down my body. I didn’t know how to react, but I felt drawn into him. I needed to be in his arms. At that exact moment I felt so attracted to him.

“Darien.” I whispered as he moved towards me and pulled me into him. My eyes closed as I felt his lips descend onto mine. The usual warmth of his lips left me with a strange almost dangerous feeling. I couldn’t stop the bolt of electricity when it moved through my body and created its deadly shield.

The scream that left Darien’s throat was a foreign noise. the moment I herd it was the moment that I realized that the kiss that was meant for Darien was really given to a Warlock.

“Darien!” I screamed as I watched the Warlock before me shift and turn into a grey haired, golden eyed man who must have been in his early 20’s.

“You BITCH!” the man before screamed out as he looked down at his hands which were now burnt. His left hand grasped a small jagged dagger that looked very sharp and very scary.

I loud squeak of fear left my lips as I looked around the sky for Darien. ‘my life line.’ The moment those words sounded through my head, I felt a new surge of power course through me. It was a feeling I embraced with open arms. That’s when I herd it. The sound of his voice.

‘Maria I cant help right now but I lent you some of my powers to help you kill that bastard. Trust me my love, I would be there in an instant but I need to try and help heal Josh.’ I looked around trying to figure out if the Warlock before me had herd it as well. When I looked into his eyes I realized that he was waiting for me to make the first move and had obviously not herd a thing that Darien had said to me.

“Well…” I said scratching my head in confusion. “would you like to tell me your name before I killed you?” I gave him a sweet smile watching as his face contorted into confusion then anger.

“Petty Angel! You believe that you can kill me?” he let out a dark laugh that chilled me to the bone. “I am Chase, Hades second in command! You dare threaten me as I have the powers of no mere Warlock nor Ogre! I am a god compared to you… CHILDREN!” he screamed at me.

I couldn’t help but let out a loud laugh that came strait from my stomach. ‘who the hell does this guy think he is?’ I asked myself.

“You understand that Dan is Hades second in command right?” I had to cover my mouth to stop myself from laughing again. His face was just priceless!

“My brother is nothing compared to me. I don’t even know why Hades keeps him around anymore.” The slight turn of his lip caused dread to wash over my body. It was like having a glass of ice water thrown at you.

Chase didn’t care jack shit about his brother. It was all a competition to him. First one to capture or kill me would be Hades new favorite. Dan is only his favorite because he was able to capture me and keep me trapped for so long. The moment that Chase gets his hands on me is the moment that he becomes Hades new favorite!

“Your disgusting! You don’t care about your brother at all do you?” I screamed at him.

“Lets weigh it out! Love my brother and stay a week Warlock.” He moved his left hand up to about his chest. “ or kill my brother and become the strongest Warlock known to all the gods…” his right hand moved above his head.

I couldn’t believe the words coming out of his mouth. Before I could reply I watched his head turn to the side like he was listening to someone talk then all of a sudden he disappeared from sight.
Sign up to rate and review this story