Categories > Original > Drama > Peace, Love and Homicide

Chapter 14- Sorry Dosnt Cut It-

by InuGirl1 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-08-24 - Updated: 2012-08-24 - 1895 words

0Unrated
I walked towards the old willow that I knew she would be at. I didn’t know if it was because I found this place soothing as well or if it was just the beautiful sight of the weeping willow that caused me to look here first.

I slid the long tendrils to the side, only to find Maria curled up at the base of the tree. I could hear her soft breathing and felt my heart being pulled apart at the realization that I was the one who hurt her like this.

I walked towards her body and kneeled down, regretting it the moment that she spoke to me. The sadness in her voice as she told who she thought to be Tara, that she didn’t want to have anything to do with me anymore made me squeeze my eyes shut and wish that this had all been a dream and that we were back in our room, curled up in each others arms, saying soft nothings to each other.

“does that mean your not going to look at me?” I let my voice come out soft and soothing, trying to show her that I was sorry.

I wasn’t surprised when she started to yell at me and I wasn’t surprised when I yelled back. I was upset with myself! I couldn’t help but yell at her for yelling at me. All I wanted to do was pull her into my arms and hold her there for eternity.

The moments that passed by all felt like a dream and I wasn’t able to snap out of it until the moment that she walked away from me and back into the safe haven.

‘I’m so screwed, but I cant blame her for not wanting to be with me anymore. I really fucked it up this time.’ I brought my hands up to my head and let myself fall to the ground and onto my back. “why did I have to do that!” I screamed.

I don’t know how long I laid there just looking at the sky, but by the time that Josh found me, it was dark out and I could feel the sting of mosquitoes at my skin.

“You cant sit there and pout when you’re the one that broke her heart.” I can taste the anger emanating off of his body.

“if you’re here to yell at me then you can leave, iv already done it for you.” I say.

“No, you let yourself off easy, if you had done it right then you would be back in that room beginning her for forgiveness!” he yells.

“She dosnt want to see me right now!” I yell back, getting off the ground and getting into his face.

“Darien! What the hell dude, you need to calm down and grow the fuck up! You shouldn’t be sitting here acting like she dosnt want to see you, because trust me man she does! Shes not the type of girl that runs away from the man she loves. Shes the type that wants to see him grow up and take a stand.” Josh’s mood changes from anger to love in mere seconds and I feel my anger rise as I taste the warm comfort of his love for her.

i have to ball up my fists to stop myself from knocking him out. “I just lost my life line. Iv had Gabe hit on her and NOW I can feel your love for her!” I yell out.

“She is like my sister Darien, I don’t love her the same way that you do. I love Tara and you know that!” I watch him lift his hands up and as I pull my hand up to punch him, he runs about 10 feet away from me.

“When you make it up to her then you can come and talk to me. You are in no way aloud to yell at me for your mistake.” He yells before turning and running into safe haven.

I look up at the sky and know that what he said was right. I needed to go and make this up to her somehow. I didn’t care how long it took my all I knew was that I needed her in my life.

I made my way into safe haven, walking down the metal hallways and down to mine and Marias bedroom. I looked at the dark wood door and took a deep breath pressing my ear to the door to see if she was inside. I didn’t even need to hear her because I could taste a heavy moss in my mouth meaning that she was split between angry and sad.

‘fuck if only I hadn’t of been so stupid!’ I yelled in my head for the hundredth time that day. I brought my hand out to turn the door knob and open it but was stopped when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I threw myself around and found Liza standing before me with an evil smile playing on her face. “what the hell do you want Liza?” I yelled out. I could taste Maria’s confusion as she walked towards the door to listen to what was going on.

“I cant believe you don’t already know what I want!” she said playfully moving back towards me and placing her small hand on my chest. “ I want you-“ I cut her off before she could finish.

“No what you want is to go and find someone who gives a fuck about you and who is willing to give up there time to keep you happy! I am not that guy for you nor will I ever be, you know I am in love with Maria and nothing you can do is going to change that!” I brought my hand down and grabbed her wrist throwing it away from me so that I could turn and walk into the bedroom.

I watched as Maria stumbled back, trying to get herself to the bed before I saw her. I mentally smiled at how cute she looked but then snapped out of it the moment that I saw her tear stained face.

“Ma-“ she brought her hand up and spoke out, cutting me off.

“Don’t even think of saying sorry. Im sick of people just saying sorry. You hurt me! Don’t think that I didn’t feel our bond break. You came to apologies to me about what happened in the war room but only ended up looking like a bigger ass when you started to yell at me for what you did.” She stopped for a minute to take in my expression then looked away from me and to the bed sheet.

“I know that my sorry’s will not help fix any of this but im still going to try because I love you and I know that I will always need you standing by my side. I know that I cant live without seeing your beautiful smile or without waking up in the morning and being able to hold you in my arms. I know that I shouldn’t have freaked out about some stupid dream that I was in! it was wrong of me but at the moment I was blinded by fear and anger.” My voice never raised above a whisper.

“Fear?”

“I was scared that you would want Gabe over me. I feared you leaving me. Maria you can make me or break me. You hold my heart in your delicate hands and I don’t know how I would live with myself if I just let you walk away right now.” I felt the blush cross my face as I admitted to her my low self confidence.

“Gabe is just a natural flirt. Iv known the guy what 3 hours and I already know his personality! I don’t know how Dona dosnt flip on him every 5 seconds but bonus points for not leaving him!” she let out a forced laugh.

“ I can understand how sorry you are. I know that you didn’t understand much of what had happened because I kept it all from you. I didn’t want to tell you anything because I didn’t want you to be the one mad at me. Im sorry for not coming out with it in the first place but I did it for our relationships benefit. I also understand that there are times were you don’t tell me things and I respect that. You need to also respect my choice to not tell you things. I don’t do it to hurt you and I don’t do it to make you angry. I do it to keep you safe and happy.” I could feel her eyes burning into mine.

“I love you Maria.” It was all I could think of saying.\

“I know you do but at this exact moment, I love you isn’t going to fix this.”

“Then what is?”

“I don’t know. Time. hope. Peace.” She said the last word so quietly I almost had to lean in to hear her.

“what do you mean by peace?”

“I mean that once this war is over maybe we can really try and fix what happened but for now we need to push our personal lives back and really look at the bigger picture which is the war at the moment.

I looked down at my shoes. “ I understand.” I can hear my voice waver as sadness takes over my body.

Before I can even think of anything else to say. A loud almost siren sound attacks the room. I can hear the booming of people running through the halls and I don’t quite understand what is going on. I feel Maria subconsciously move closer to my body and I inwardly smile.

“Whats going on Darien?” shes now grabbing onto my shirt. Her small hands gripping the cloth tightly.

“it’s the warning siren. Someone is attack safe haven.” The words leave me before I can stop them.

‘I just keep screwing up!’ I mentally yell at myself.

“They’ve come for me.” The fear in her voices causes me to pull her around from behind my body and hold her to my chest. Her body is stiff just like in my dream. I feel her slowly put her arms around my waist and lean her head against my chest.

“i-“ im cut off the moment that Josh and Tara run into the room. Both wide eyed and feral looking.

“Hades sent Dan and about 20 others to come and get her.” I watch as Maria pulls herself away from me and runs over to Tara. Josh walks over to were im standing and my instincts kick in.

“Ger her somewere safe Tara. Then come meet us outside of Safe haven. Make sure Dona stays with her.” I don’t bother to look at Maria as I walk past her and down the hallway. Josh at me heels.

‘ill come and find you. I promise. They will never take you away from me again’ I tell myself as I walk over to the platform and let my body be lifted up to the surface.
Sign up to rate and review this story