Categories > Celebrities > Beatles > Something

Prologue

by BeatleBug 0 reviews

George becomes fascinated with the after-life.

Category: Beatles - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: George Harrison,John Lennon - Published: 2012-08-29 - Updated: 2012-08-30 - 461 words

0Unrated
George was rather fascinated with this paradise he was taken to after his death. There were many sights and features he had hoped for and many others he hadn't even imagined in his wildest dreams. Being able to see late friends and family was also a great thing as well.

The day he had reached this paradise he went straight to find a friend he had missed. He came to the cloud-like door of the man inside and knocked. After a short wait, the door was opened and a small girl answered the door. "Daddy, there's a man here!"

A 40-year-old man with short brown hair and brown eyes came to the door and stared at him.

"George?" he asked in utter shock.

"John?" George asked, also in shock. They stood and stared at each other before embracing each other in a man hug. "My god, it's been so long..." he breathed.

"Has it really?" John said. "Twenty-one years..."

"Yeah," George said. "Twenty-one too long..."

John let him into his little house where he had another little girl that looked to be the same age as the first one. "George, this is Lea and this is Janis..."

George chuckled. "Even when you're dead, you can't help but have fun with some birds, eh, Lennon?"

John rolled his eyes. "They happen to be mine and Yoko's, for your information."

George looked at him and then the young girls. Sure enough, they both had features of John and Yoko. "What... But... How?"

"Remember how Yoko and I had a few miscarriages?"

"Yeah... Sorta..."

"There's this place that takes car of the kids from it... You can claim them once you're dead, but only within eighteen years after your death... If you wait a minute longer, they just disappear or something."

"Wow..." George said, looking at them.

"Yeah," John said. "I got a letter about it a few years ago before it was eighteen years, so I went over to the place and got them before anything could happen to them." He smiled at them and they giggled.

"No kidding..." George said, deep in thought. "Where is this place?"

"It's just down the street," John said, "so it was pretty convenient."

George nodded with a smile. "Thanks John."


~~~


A few days later, George found himself in the waiting room of the building John had talked about. He waited for his name to be called with all the other parents of miscarriages in the room. He was nervous, he knew he was. The last time he had taken care of a baby was when Dhani was born, and even that was some time ago...

As he waited, he thought over what had happened those years he had prepared to become a father but never did.
Sign up to rate and review this story