Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > An Unconventional Office Romance

There Might Be Something Outside Your Window

by InsomniacsLoveMe 1 review

What the hell could be tapping on his window… in a high rise building?!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-08-31 - Updated: 2012-08-31 - 1742 words

0Unrated
There was a soft scrambling sound at his window, then a tapping. Then frantic scrambling and tapping. What the hell could be tapping on his office window… in a high rise building?! Gerard’s immediate thought is a ghost – or maybe a vampire.

If it was a vampire he wouldn’t mind too much – then again everyone knows that all good vampires don’t go out in the day, except for fucking Edward Cullen, the disgrace! – so that leaves the ghost theory… Gerard gives himself about 30 seconds before he starts freaking out.
What?! He doesn’t like ghosts, and it could try to kill him! He’s heard heaps of malicious ghost stories that ended like that. The hairs on Gerard’s arms start to prickle slightly. Freaking out commencing in 3…2…1…

“Open up your fucking window already!” something yells suddenly.

Gerard doesn’t think that ghosts can talk, and he can’t see why they would ask him to open the window either, couldn’t they just like, slide through the window pane if they wanted to?

“HELLO?! IS THERE SOMEONE IN THERE? Let me in already!” the voice sounds again.

Maybe Gerard should go over and see what it is for himself. He slowly rises up out of his chair and shuffles to the window. He latches on to the pully-thing attached to the blinds and tugs. The blinds heave themselves up towards the top of the roof, leaving Gerard with a full view of huge, bustling city below him… and also a face, Gerard realises, jumping back from the window in shock.
The wide-eyed face – that is thankfully also attached to a body – bangs on the window once again, “LET ME IN FUCKER,” It yells.

Gerard doesn’t really think about how someone could possibly be on his window, he just steps forward again and flicks back the lock, pushing up the window with what would be considered a vast amount of effort for him.

The person that had been had been pounding at the window, puts a foot on to the window sill, unhooks himself from multiple cord-things that seem to be attached to him and jumps (falls, but Gerard will give him his dignity) in to Gerard’s office rather frantically.
“Jesus Christ, man. Could you have taken a little longer?” The man says, with a hand over his heart, his chest heaving up and down quickly under it. The man in front of him is quite small, Gerard notices. And he’s also wearing… a harness? And what the – is that a helmet?

“Uh, sorry?” Gerard tries, “Are you like a – what were you doing on my window?” Gerard asks with his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. The smaller dark haired man in front of him stares at him like he’s sprouted extra limbs.

“Are you serious?” He asks, his breathing slowing down a little, “I’m a window washer you dickhead. What’d you think I was, Spiderman?” Gerard isn't going to admit that the idea had crossed his mind for a brief second while the man had been climbing in the window.

“What, no! Of course not – I Just – hey, are you okay?”

The shorter man gives Gerard another you complete idiot look and says, “Besides from nearly falling to my death? Besides being seconds away from getting my brains splattered against the sidewalk? Then I’m fucking fantastic, thanks for asking.”

Gerard just stands there for a moment, his eyes wide and his mouth opening and closing – grasping for words.
“I’m really sorry – uh…” Gerard starts, locking eyes with the man in front of him.

“Frank. I’m Frank.”

“Okay, er, I’m really sorry Frank. It’s just that I thought there was, uh… a ghost or something tapping on my window, I didn’t know there was a freaking window washer about to fall to his death outside! Don’t you have about a million harnesses and shit anyway, how did this happen anyway? In any case, again, I’m really sorry Frank.” Gerard garbles in apology.

He sinks down in to his desk chair and averts his gaze down to his regulation black work pants and pretends to pick some imaginary fluff off of them. Frank cocks his head to the side slightly, watching Gerard for a moment. Then he shoves aside some papers and sits himself on Gerard’s desk, and swivels to the side to face Gerard.

“Er, sorry dude. I guess I shouldn’t have been so… harsh?” Frank starts, Gerard shakes his head quickly about to protest, but Frank cuts him off. “No seriously. Sure, I just had practically a near death experience but I should be practically worshiping you right now, man. You just fucking saved my life…”

Frank falls silent for a moment, a few dark strands of his hair fall in to his eyes as he looks down in thought. When he looks up again Gerard notices that Frank now wears a strange look in his eyes. During Frank’s silence, a realisation had suddenly sunk itself in to Frank, and all of a sudden he throws himself at Gerard in a massive, warm embrace.

“You like, just saved my life…Oh my God!” Frank says, voice muffled in to Gerard’s chest.

Gerard’s eyes had gone comically wide. There was suddenly a small, incredibly hot -- what, It wasn’t his fault that he couldn’t help but notice—guy in arms and practically his lap and Gerard doesn’t know what to do. So he just pats Frank’s back awkwardly.

Frank pulls back from Gerard a little; his hazel eyes bore in to Gerard’s. Gerard also notices that he has a tattoo on his neck – a scorpion by the looks of it. Gerard wonders if he has more. Probably, he thinks, maybe there’s some under his shirt, or over the smooth skin of his arm muscles that his shirt sleeves currently hid. Gerard had let his imagination run wild again. He blinks out of his thoughts to see that Frank is still staring at him. And snapping his fingers in front of his face…

“Hey, hey, man. You still with me?” He clicks his fingers once more in Gerard’s face.

Gerard flushes. Since when had he become such a pervert? And to a man he’d only just met as well, Gerard mentally slaps himself.

“Uh, yeah. Sorry, my mind – er, wandered,” Gerard mutters, “Does that a lot.”

Frank had returned to his place on Gerard’s desk while Gerard had been day dreaming.

“S’okay,” Frank grinned.

Gerard thinks he may very well be a puddle on the floor right now, because fuck that smile made him melt.

“What’s your name by the way? I think I should know the name of my hero.” Frank winked. Gerard blushes at the ‘hero’ and at Frank’s wink.

“Oh, it’s Gerard… and um, I’m not like, a hero or anything. Anyone would have let you in, probably 10 times quicker than me.

Frank gives a short laugh – he’s now in a surprisingly upbeat mood despite having nearly died five minutes ago.
“Probably,” Frank starts, “But I doubt any of them would have been as good looking as you.” He grins even wider than before.

Gerard thinks he may be blushing harder than he has ever blushed in his life and looks down again. He’s not used to people flirting with him, except for maybe that creepy Bert guy that works on the level below Gerard.

When he looks up Frank’s still grinning at him, but he gets up and walks towards the door to Gerard’s office. Gerard twirls his office chair around and is about to ask where Frank was going, when Frank turns back around to smile at Gerard, his hand clasped lightly on the door’s latch.

“I’m off to go sue my workplace for letting me clean high rise buildings with a faulty harness and for nearly killing me, you coming to be my witness?” He smiles.
Gerard doesn’t know what to say for a moment but he shakes his head and grimaces, “I can’t. I’ve still got three more hours here till I finish.”

Frank gives him a pointed look, “Well it doesn’t seem like you were doing an awful lot before I interrupted you. Go tell your boss or whatever what happened, then tell them you need the afternoon off.”

Gerard could say no. He should say no, it’s not like his boss needs another reason to hate him – or to fire him, but then Gerard finds that he’s already been swept up in to the puppy dog eyes that Frank’s giving him and – is he pouting? Shit, Gerard is definitely done for.
He goes to shut down his laptop that had been sitting idly on his desk through out the whole Frank ordeal, it starts humming loudly when he taps the keyboard to wake it– as if it were judging Gerard for
turning it off and skiving off from his respectable, well paying job with the strange man that he has just met.

Idiot, Gerard thinks, and he’s not sure if it’s directed at his laptop or himself. Ugh, Gerard, stop being a goody two shoes, when a hot guy asks you to go somewhere with him, you go – okay, sure, it’s only to go sue his employers but whatever– anyway from 1-10 on the rebel scale this rates about a two, so stop being a pussy and leave.

Gerard decidedly shoves a hand through the greasy black hair and closes his laptop shut.
He gives a small smile to Frank who is watching him bemusedly, Gerard realises he still hasn’t answered him, “Okay, I’ll come, let’s go.” He says.

He gets up and follows Frank out the door pulling the door shut with a click. Gerard, the loser, feels almost giddy, nervous anticipation swells inside him like a kid skipping class for the first time. Loser, Gerard reiterates to himself, as his heart skips a beat at the grin that the ridiculously sexy Frank fixes him when they enter the lift together.


A second chapter, shit just got real! Sooo, how did you like it? :) I will quite possibly love you forever if you review. Thanks for reading!
-Courtney xo
Sign up to rate and review this story