Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > An Unconventional Office Romance

A Happy Vampire in a Suit

by InsomniacsLoveMe 1 review

Frank gets in to a fight, Gerard gets turned on and Bert's a complete asshole. There's a bit of man-loving at the end.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-09-20 - Updated: 2012-09-21 - 3207 words

1Original

To anyone who reads this story, i'm sorry for it being so late, my brain went on a creative hiatus. Hope you enjoy the chapter!



It had been two weeks since Frank had appeared – rather dramatically – at Gerard’s office window. It had also been two weeks of Gerard’s brother Mikey listening patiently to a multitude of phone calls from his brother practically pining for a dude that he’d known for such a short period of time.

Frank – despite almost falling off the freaking building due to the faulty equipment his job had sent him off with – had returned to his job of window washing. Gerard had expected Frank to run off in to the sunset with the payout his company would undoubtedly give to him.
Although he and Gerard had exchanged numbers after leaving his office two weeks ago, Gerard had basically convinced himself that he would never see the tiny, yet gorgeous man again.

Then a couple days later, he heard the unmistakable sound of tapping at his window again. Gerard had looked down at his sketches for the latest advertising ploy he’d been told to come up with. You’re hearing things, he thought to himself and glared at the paper. There is no way in the world that Frank would turn up again.

The tapping tuned in to loud knocking.

Surely not.
Gerard made his way over to the window, déjà vu washed over him. When he’d opened the blinds, looking back at him with a shit-eating grin was none other than Frank. Gerard closed his open mouth and grinned in return.

“Wanna let me in?” Frank mimed from behind the window.
Gerard opened the latch and let him in as he had before.
“So, how’s it going G?” Frank had grinned at him again.
G? It’s only the second time we’ve met and we’re at nicknames already? Oh my God, maybe he likes me! No, Gerard, he hardly knows you play it cool.
/]
[/Pfft,
‘cool’. Gerard thought his heart might fall out of his chest the way it was beating so fast, and that the butterflies in his stomach might swarm out and give him away.
“Well?” Frank asked, head cocked to the side. God he looked adorable in that helmet.
“Oh! Right, I’m er… great.” Gerard tried for a smile.

Frank walked over to Gerard’s desk, “Doing a lot of work I see.” He stated, looking meaningfully at Gerard’s sketches. The sketches were plentiful with drawings of vampires and zombies rather than advertising ideas.
Gerard gave a short laugh that made Frank look up.
“Lack of inspiration, no ideas, y’know. Got a bit bored.” Gerard scratched the back of his neck. If Frank hadn’t gathered already he was basically a teenage goth kid in a suit. Frank had tattoos; maybe he’s in to that kind of thing? Fat chance. He probably thinks you’re a freak. A vampire freak. At least it’s a proper vampire not fucking Edward Cullen or some shi-
“I love vampires, and zombies fucking rule man. Hey, these are really good, maybe you should be a comic book artist instead.” Frank said cheerfully.
“I tried.” Was all Gerard has said in response. Looking down shamefully at his shoes.
“What – oh… I’m sorry. It didn’t work out so well I’m guessing?”
Gerard just shook his head and smiled ruefully, he didn’t really want any reminders of his failed dream-career.

“Hey! Do you want to come for coffee with me?!” Frank had exclaimed excitedly. He kind of looked like a kid on Christmas. All hopeful and happy and shit.
Wait, hopeful?
Before Gerard knew it he’d said yes, although he’d wanted to ask him a question in response, that question being “Will you marry me?” (He didn’t, of course, because that would be creepy and he didn’t want to scare Frank away any earlier than necessary) and they organised a time to meet on Saturday.

Frank had patted Gerard’s arm softly and told him that he’d better go clean some more windows, and that not everyone keeps their blinds shut like a certain vampire he knew. Gerard had smiled guiltily and hair fell in his eyes when he looked down. A tattooed hand had reached out and swiped the locks of hair away gently. Gerard looked up at Frank with eyes as wide as saucers.
“See ya soon, Gerard.” He said.

~*~

That brings us to Gerard two days later.

Gerard would argue his that he had definitely not been pining for those two Frank-less days and he was certainly not in love with Frank already. Because he’d only known him for two weeks, meaning he couldn’t be in the ‘L word’… Right? Right.

Gerard was waiting in his favourite window seat at Starbucks; the one with the comfiest chairs that Gerard could sink down in to and people watch. He still couldn’t believe that Frank had asked him out. Was this a date? Did this count as a date?

Before Gerard started hyperventilating he had repeated the words just coffee over and over again in his head. Just. Coffee. And Gerard could do coffee. He was very good at coffee. Frank seemingly knew the way to his heart, Gerard sighed. He rested his arms on the table in front of him and placed his chin in his palm. He looked out the window for any sign of Frank.

Oh God, what if he didn’t show up? Why didn’t you think of that Gerard? It is completely plausible that a hot guy would stand you up. Oh my God you’d better start freaking out, he doesn’t like you. Gerard unceremoniously dumped his head in his hands, fingers clasped over his eyes.

Sometimes he really wished he didn’t have a brain.
“Gerard? What are you doing?!” A familiar voice floated over to him.
He removed his face from his palms and looked up miserably.
His misery soon disappeared and was replaced by surprise. And then embarrassment, oh God now Frank’s really going to think he’s a freak.

Frank walked over to him from his place at the door. He was wearing ripped jeans and a thin black t-shirt with a Misfits skull on it. His hair was styled messily in a half-hearted faux-hawk. Gerard thought he looked like sex. But then again Gerard always thought that.
“I was, er, thinking!” Gerard half-yelled at Frank who was now standing in front of him.
“Okay, okay, I believe you.” Frank laughed. His laugh sounded like angels…Gerard was so done for.

Frank took in the sight of the man before him. His black hair was messier than usual and it shone in the sunlight, and the hazel eyes looking up at him glistened. He was wearing a thin looking leather jacket and a white shirt with black decoration on it. The jeans that he wore hugged his legs tightly and Frank thought he looked hot. But then again Frank always though that.

He also thought that Gerard was definitely the most beautiful man he’d ever seen.
Maybe he should sit down instead of staring at Gerard like a creep.
~*~

Frank sat down and didn’t say anything about Gerard’s nervous twitching, much to Gerard’s immense relief. Frank had simply grinned at Gerard and rested his chin in his palms. This drew Gerard’s attention Frank’s tattoo laced arms and he gulped inaudibly.
Stop being a pervert Gerard, don’t even think about licking that scorpion tattoo… Oh God now you’ve done it. Stop! Think about naked grandmas, okay, now breathe.

“You okay there Gerard?” Frank smirked, his black hair shined in the afternoon sunlight, giving him an almost halo-effect. He licked his lips in Gerard’s direction has he noticed the other mans flustered appearance.

“Er, fine, fine yes, Perfect, great. Um –…” Before Gerard could think of any more synonyms and embarrass himself further, Frank grinned and said, “I’ll go order our coffees. What do you like?” This made Gerard’s mind wander to dirty thoughts involving Frank and bedrooms again, but luckily he shook himself out of it quickly.
“Venti latte please, er no sugar.” He replied.
Frank got up, with a wink at Gerard, and went to order.

When he came back, Gerard decided he had to go pee, Frank had laughed and he sat down with their coffees, relaxing himself in to the soft brown faux-leather chair. (He’d asked the manager once if the chairs were fake and had been assured that they were after he’d given them a half-hour long lecture on animal cruelty and how cows weren’t put on the earth to be furniture.)
When Gerard returned from the bathroom he scanned the room his eyes landing on his and Frank’s table. He noticed that Frank had relaxed himself in to his chair, his arms were fixed behind him and his clasped hands rested his head.
He was gazing with a soft smile out the window, watching the word bustle about outside.

He looked peaceful and his features were bathed in the sunshine glow making him look even more beautiful than usual. Gerard shouldn’t be having these thoughts about someone he’d only known for a few days but he couldn’t help it, he just wanted to walk over there and kiss Frank’s smiling pink lips and sink his hands in to the other mans shiny black hair.

He walked over to the table and he was almost there before he was cut short by a man with long hair and a fair amount of stubble. Bert, he groaned inwardly.
“Hey, there Gee.” Bert purred, raking his eyes up and down Gerard.
“Yeah, hey Bert, If you could please move so I can go back to my friend and my coffee, that would be great."

“Uh uh. I don’t think so.” He said shaking a finger in Gerard’s face. He looked over at where Frank was sitting. Frank had now turned his attention to them and was frowning slightly.
“Oooh, is that your friend? He’s pretty. Not as pretty as you though.”
He ran a hand down Gerard’s chest. All of a sudden Gerard had a Bert attached to his face and was pressed up against the wall they’d be in front of.

As soon as he’d realised what was going on he tried to bat him off and when that didn’t seem to do anything he pushed him, hard. Bert was stronger though.

“Grrerrfmebrrt.” He tried to say.

Frank’s eyes were now wide open, why the hell was there someone makingout with his Gerard? Was that Gerard’s boyfriend? Gerard had never actually told him he was single.

He’d kind of assumed but then again, he should’ve known someone as cute as him would be taken. He just didn’t think that Gerard was the type to go on a date with Frank when he was taken.
Maybe Frank had completely misjudged him and Gerard was actually a complete asshole-man-whore. Maybe he hadn’t taken this as a date and just coffee with a new friend. Frank should have known, he’d never be good enough for someone like Gerard.

That’s when he noticed that Gerard was actually struggling against the long haired man. Oh, maybe the feeling isn’t reciprocated. He doesn’t look like he’s exactly enjoying the kiss. The other man certainly was.
Oh! You idiot, go help Gerard, he scolded himself. By now Gerard and the man had attracted half the room’s attention with their extreme PDA. The long-haired man was definitely enjoying this, Frank thought and anger boiled up in him. He didn’t realise how much the sight of Gerard with someone else made him feel sick and well… jealous.

Frank jumped out of his seat and stormed over to the scene.
“HEY! You!” Frank yelled at the man on Gerard as he pulled his hair back with a harsh tug. The man was pulled away from Gerard’s lips and a breathless Gerard looked more than relieved.
Frank’s height was deceiving, he was strong and he could get pretty angry when wanted to. He’d cornered the scraggly-haired guy in to the wall.

“What do you think you’re doing hey?” He stabbed at his chest with a finger.
The other man just laughed. “What do you think you’re doing… mini-me?
Now that made Frank angry, he threw himself at the man and got some nice punches in, but the other guy fought back and it ended up having a brawl in the middle of Starbucks. Fists were going everywhere.

Oh fuck, Gerard thought. Were the fighting over him? That made him kind of excited, but he shook his head rapidly, he had to stop them – no matter how ego-boosting it was. He didn’t want Frank to get hurt.

In the end Gerard had managed to pull them apart, how he had no idea but they both stopped and instead started glaring at each other. You could practically see the steam coming out of their ears.

“Okay, what the actual fuck is going on here?” Gerard asked them, a hand shoved at their chests, pushing them away from each other.
“He’s mine.” Bert practically growled, still burning holes in to Frank with his eyes.

Frank gave a harsh laugh and scoffed “Yours?! What are you? A fucking vampire? A cave-man? You sure look like a cave-man.” He spat at Bert.

Frank’s hair was falling in his eyes and he was sweaty. There was blood trickling from near an eyebrow, he looked fierce. But Gerard felt his heart tug at the sight of blood on him.

He just wanted to take Frank home, clean his wounds, cuddle him and then hopefully make out on the couch. Fucking Bert. He should’ve set him in his place instead of always ignoring his declarations of love for him at work.

Bert looked ready to pounce on Frank again but Gerard took hold of Frank’s hand and pulled him away and behind him. Their hands were still clasped when he pointed a finger in Bert’s face and said “I am NOT yours, I will NEVER be yours and if you fucking come near me and Frank again I will get a restraining order, COMPREHENDE?”

Bert’s face was set in a snarl and Gerard frogmarched him and Frank out of the Starbucks as fast as he could.
When they got outside they ran, hands still held in one another’s, to Gerard’s car. Somewhere along the lines they had started giggling like school girls and when they eventually made it to the car they were breathless and elated.

They slumped in to their respective seats, panting, with grins plastered across their faces.
Gerard turned to look at Frank who was grinning up at the car ceiling.
Feeling Gerard’s gaze on him, Frank turned to look at Gerard in return.

“That was… kinda fun.” He smiled at Gerard.
“Fun? Right, you got in to a fight with Bert McCracken, for me nonetheless! Real fun. Although, you did look pretty tough, and you totally won.”
“I totally did didn’t I?” He laughed, “Hey, why do you say I got in to a fight for you like you’re not worth it huh? You’re totally worth getting in to a fight for.” Frank smiled, looking slightly abashed at his declaration.

“I’m not. I’m really not. But as much as I was worried you were going to get hurt… you were – I mean, that was kind of hot. You were like, fighting for me.”
“You thought I was hot?” Frank grinned. Gerard hit him lightly. Of course that was what he took out of that.

“ And you were worried about me? That’s – wow. It’s nice to feel… worried for.” He giggles.
“Well I shouldn’t have, I mean you were fine and completely stupid actually, getting in a fight for me, what an absolute idiot – …“

Gerard was cut off by Frank cupping his warm hands on his face, and his soft pink lips captured Gerard’s softly but with an underlying hint of passion.
Gerard gasped slightly and opened his mouth a little more.

Frank licked along Gerard’s bottom lip slowly before his tongue entered Gerard’s mouth and Gerard pulled Frank closer to him, pushing their mouths together firmly.
Frank crawled over on to Gerard’s lap, straddling him, and oh God, Gerard was so going to get hard from just this. His senses were being attacked in the most pleasurable way and he felt like his heart was going to explode from excitement.

They made out for awhile in Gerard’s car until it started getting a little tpp heated and Franks hand was travelling down Gerard’s stomach slowly to land on the button on his jeans. Gerard could feel that Frank’s hard on pressing in to his leg and they totally had to stop here because Gerard doesn’t just do things like this, and ohhh God, he doesn’t even care right now, he thinks as Frank ground his crotch in to Gerard’s.

Uh, he really doesn’t want to do this where anyone could see them though.
“Hey, hey Frank. Wait, stop –“ Gerard gasped.
“You don’t want to?” Frank pouted at Gerard and widened his eyes. Then he licked at his neck.”
“No, yes – I mean – uhh. Not here.” Gerard managed to get out.
Frank stopped licking his neck and grinned.
“Your place?” He asked tilting his head to the side.
“Okay.” Gerard smiled back looking in to Frank’s eyes.

Frank grabbed Gerard’s chin for one last deep kiss and returned to his own seat grinning.
“What are you waiting for then? Let’s go!” He said, practically bouncing in his seat.

Gerard just shook his head in dismay as he turned on the engine.
How did he get so lucky all of a sudden? One minute he was a lonely vampire in a suit and shitty office job he didn’t want (which fair enough he still was), but all of a sudden everything seemed so much better because there was a sexy punk slash window-washer in his car who got in to a fight for him, basically waiting for him to get to his house so they can have sex.
Gerard thought, that right now, his life fucking rocked.


~*~
So this is the end! I didn’t really plan the story out (bad me), and kind of ran out of ideas as to where it could go. I also want to start on a new story that has a plot and actually goes somewhere. But to anyone reading, I hope you enjoyed my first Frerard, and when I post another story I hope that you might possibly read that one too. No pressure!
-Love Courtney/InsomniacsLoveme xo
Sign up to rate and review this story