Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Am A Killjoy

I Am A Killjoy

by Raven052 0 reviews

Killjoy 'Verse. The Killjoys have been running with a new member for years, but when someone from her past shows up things get very complicated, not least for Party Poison. Rated for later chapters

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] [?] - Published: 2012-08-31 - Updated: 2012-08-31 - 2127 words

1Insightful
Chapter 1 - You Can Run Away With Me

Running with The Killjoys has ended up being one of the greatest things to happen to me. Terrifying, dangerous at times, but an absolute thrill, and I get to be around the four most awesome guys. Jet Star, Fun Ghoul, Kobra Kid and, of course, Party Poison. That last one, he’s the one who brought me into all this, saved my life (first time of many…). Love of my fucking life.
Well… Almost. I try not to think too much about him, though. Hurts. Another reason I love these guys, love Poison especially, I don’t have to think about him.

He was out, with Jet Star for back up, checking the area was safe. They’d been gone a while, and her head was starting to play tricks on her. Like every damn time one of them isn’t back in five minutes or less. “Hey, Rave, you alright?” Rave nodded, but her hunched up, curled up position on the arm of a couch, finger tips to her mouth and vacant eyes staring fixedly at the door went completely against this. And Fun Ghoul knew her too well not to know that. He came over and sat down next to her. “You know they’ll be back soon, right?” Rave nodded, again, eyes still not leaving the door. Silence, a very, very, too long silence. Then, “How’s the tattoo healing, Rave?” She looked up and smiled. “Pretty good. I think it’s pretty much healed now.”
“Have you shown Poison yet?” Rave shook her head. “I wanted to wait, want him to see it when it’s perfect.” Shifting over slightly, Fun Ghoul said, “Well, let’s get a look at it then, see if it’s perfect yet.” Grinning more, Rave got up, and lifted the hem of her t-shirt slightly. A small amount of frowning and inspecting, then Fun Ghoul smiled. “Look’s pretty perfect to me.” Rave rolled her eyes and sat back down. “You would say that. It’s your work.” Then, thinking about it a bit more. “How come you finally agreed?” She couldn’t believe she hadn’t asked the question at the time, actually. Looking at her, incredulously, “You really don’t know?” She frowned. “It’s been five years, Rave.” Oh fuck. So it had. She’d first brought up this tattoo three months after she’d started running with The Killjoys, Fun Ghoul had said he’d tattoo her, but not that. When Rave’d asked why he’d said, “wait five years, see how you feel.” The ‘five years’ thing, he’d just made up. But remembered. Turns out she still felt the same as she had back then. Rave smiled. “Fucking told you.” Fun Ghoul laughed. That’s when Kobra Kid came over, clearly bored (doesn‘t take much). “Hey guys what’s going on?”
“Not much.” Rave told him, as he sat on the arm of the chair, next to her. Fun Ghoul added, “Rave’s finally gonna show Poison her tattoo.” Kobra Kid frowned, “What tattoo? I don’t know about this one.” With a nod of encouragement, Fun Ghoul said, “Show him.” Rave did. And Kobra Kid grinned, “Getting my brother’s name? That’s… Cute.” Rave faked a scowl, “Shut it, Kid.” He returned the scowl. “Who you callin’ kid? Kid.” They’re the same age, a running joke.
The guys came back just a little later, by then Rave had retreated into her room. Partly because the boys said her impatience was annoying, (which wasn’t true) and partly so she could get a look at the tattoo herself. She heard the doors slam shut, locks being fastened, and then the usual commotion that follows the return of any of their number. From what she could tell, it’d been an uneventful night. “Where’s Rave?” she heard Party Poison ask. “Back there.” Fun Ghoul, the one to tell him. “She’s got something to show you.” Kobra Kid told him, gleefully. Rave let her shirt fall down before he got into the room. This time, they’d been lucky enough to find a place where they all had rooms each (not always the case) and one which had of course lead to various comments from the guys about what Rave and Party Poison might be up to that night. He’d blushed, until Fun Ghoul pointed out he was in danger of turning the same shade as his hair. “Hey.” He said, from the doorway. She turned around, “Hey yourself. Patrol go alright?” Trying to sound off hand, but what she was really asking was ‘you’re not hurt at all are you? Please tell me you’re not hurt’ he knew that’s what Rave meant. He smiled, coming closer. “It was fine. Boring. But fine.” She nodded. “Good.” I love the sweet shyness to us sometimes, so different to- no, this has nothing to do with him. Anyway, right now it was in full force, and Rave had a feeling she knew why. “Mi- Kobra Kid said you had something to show me?” He’d nearly called his brother by his ‘real’ name. Rave knew all of theirs, of course, and they knew hers. Makes it easier though, going by their Killjoy names all the time. Means they’re less likely to slip up when it’s important not to. Rave smiled, it’d been a long time since Party Poison slipped up. He was usually the one scolding others for doing so. Deciding against reminding him of this and instead pulling up her shirt just enough for him to see her new tattoo. On her left side, a little way up above her hip, in Fun Ghoul’s simple but nice script:
Party
Poison
At first he just stared. Then he shook his head. “Idiot.” Coming closer, down on his knees, at first looking closely, then he leant in and kissed it, lightly. “Hey!“ Rave protested, pushing him, and causing him to fall back so he had to brace himself with his hands behind him. He looked up at her and grinned. “Sorry.” Then he stood up, and as gently as he had a second ago, kissed her. Pretending to still be mad with him, Rave pushed him back, but he came right back for her, kissing her again.
And it turned out that at just that moment, Kobra Kid decided to appear in the doorway. “Impressed then, were we?” His announcement for his arrival. Party Poison attempted a glare, but his smile refused to disappear. “We’re pushing on tomorrow, tell the others.” It was obvious Kobra Kid was going to say something else, but Party Poison closed the door on his younger brother. End of conversation. He turned back to Rave. “Missed you.” she told him. “I was only gone a couple of hours.” Rave shrugged. “Still…” His smile told her he knew. His lips on hers again, and her fingers tangled up in his crimson hair.

The next morning, the guys giving them knowing looks, but keeping their thoughts to themselves. They got in the car and headed… Somewhere. Nowhere.

About two hours down the long, hot, seemingly never ending road, there was something they’d not seen for a while. Other people. And something they wished they never saw. Dracs. It was a fight. The Dracs appeared to be winning. Party Poison slowed the car. “Come on, Poison, what’re you stopping for. It’s not our fight.” Surprising to hear these words from Fun Ghoul, he was ignored anyway. “Since when was that ever an issue?” Kobra Kid argued. “There’s people, there’s Dracs. The people are losing. I’d say that’s our fight.” Party Poison’s words were the last before the car came to a full, screeching stop, right in the middle of the conflict (successfully catching one Drac unaware) and they were out, masks on, weapons drawn and fighting before either side could figure out what was going on. Fun Ghoul (having quickly come around to the idea) was the first to take down a Drac, fully clarifying whose side they were on. Just as Rave was about to jump in, Party Poison grabbed her hand, pulled her back to him. “Take care of yourself.” She nodded. “You too.” A brief, sweet, hot kiss (thank God for the easy access of eye masks) and he let her go.
After successfully assisting one person take down a Drac, and helping Kobra Kid with another, a quick high five, and he dashed off again, Rave took a second to survey her surroundings, the Dracs were losing, fast now. She watched as Jet Star and Fun Ghoul easily fought off a Drac a piece. Smiled as Party Poison took down one then, immediately after, another. A third came, and just as he was dealing with that, a fourth appeared behind him. She was too far away, but saw his brother no more than a few paces from him, having just saved one of the ‘civilians’. “KID!” He looked up at her, and she pointed towards Party Poison and his twin attackers. Kobra Kid nodded, and was on it immediately. Just then, someone walked back into her, fell backwards, and she was almost face to face with the Drac that’d been pursuing them. Instinct kicking in Rave soon dealt with him. “Close one.” She said, turning back to the person she’d just saved. He was still on the ground, so she offered him her hand, and just as he took it, Rave suddenly felt a jolt of the strangest mix of emotions she’d ever known. Recognition, rage, pain, love, relief, surprise, hope, guilt and a thousand others beside. Pushing her mask up, she stared. In a tone of utter disbelief, “Jimmy?”

When Party Poison called out, “Everyone alright?” it was clear the battle was not only done, it was won. Without really waiting for a response, he continued, “I suggest you all find someplace to stay, and hide, quickly. They’ll send more.” Rave was last to get to the car, with her newly re-found past in tow. The other three already in the car, Party Poison eyed them suspiciously, “We’ve got someone coming with us.” Oh God. Why did she suddenly find it so difficult to meet his eyes? He just nodded though, and got into the drivers seat, Fun Ghoul was up front, so they squeezed into the back, Rave shifting in first, practically sitting on Kobra Kid. “Who the fuck is this?” He demanded in a way his brother had wanted to. Before Rave could reply though, Fun Ghoul twisted around in his seat, stared at our new ‘addition’, then looked at her. “It’s him, isn’t it?” Staring right back, she nodded. “What the fuck do you mean ‘h-” But then Party Poison got it. He was thinking the same thing Fun Ghoul was, and Jet Star and Kobra Kid were fast catching up too. And then, there it was, in his so familiar self assured tone, “So you’ve talked about me?”
“Not exactly.” Party Poison said, tightly. He caught Raves eye in the rear view mirror, and she knew he was hurt, knew he was angry. He knew who this was and what that was likely to mean. Fuck, it was the same thing she was worried about. Beside her, he spoke up again. “Running with the Killjoys? Gotta say, I’m impressed, babe.” Rave winced, already expecting what was coming. “Babe?” Party Poison challenged. Saint Jimmy just grinned. “Getting possessive?”
“Hey!” Jet Star piped in, things had to be serious if he was getting involved. “If Party Poison wants you to back off, you back off.”
“It’s fine, Jet.” Party Poison insisted. They all knew it wasn’t. Rave sighed. “I’ll explain everything when we get… Where we’re going.”
And, though she knew she shouldn’t, and a part of her still felt as guilty as hell for Party Poison, there was a part of her she just couldn’t help and she was, just a little bit, excited. Somehow, through some sort of miracle, she had him back. And he was right here, next to her. Her first, truest and most painful love.
Saint Jimmy.

He didn’t look any different, I swear it. His hair still black and sticking up wildly. Same kind of clothes, if looking a touch more worn, same slight frame underneath, were there a few more tattoos visible? Perhaps, but then, he’d always had a lot. And God those same pretty green eyes, still circled in smudgy black.
Sign up to rate and review this story