Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Am A Killjoy

My Name Is Jimmy

by Raven052 0 reviews

Saint Jimmy is starting to make himself comfortable with the Killjoys, which isn't such a good thing for Party Poison

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-09-01 - Updated: 2012-09-01 - 3235 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2 - My Name Is Jimmy

Finally getting to where they were going, and Party Poison barely waited for the doors to be closed behind them, didn’t wait for Fun Ghoul and Kobra Kid to lock up the door and certainly didn’t wait to take in their new surroundings and get comfortable. “Alright. We’re here.” Rave hadn’t taken her eyes off him all the way here, but now she could barely force herself to look his way. “Poison…” She didn’t want things to get ugly. But, of course, Saint Jimmy was involved. And any time he could cause trouble, he would. Immediately locating the nearest surface that could pass for a seat (a metal box shoved against a wall) Saint Jimmy settled on to it, taking up the whole thing in typical ‘I rule the world so fuck you’ fashion. Making sure he had everyone’s attention he introduced himself to no one in particular, and everyone at once, “My name is Saint Jimmy.” Then, leaning forward, the sentence Rave already knew would follow, “And don’t you fucking wear it out.” Leaning back again, and there was his trademark smirk perfectly in place. She had to fight the urge to slap him. She had to fight the urge to kiss him. Rave tore her eyes away from him (they went to Saint Jimmy so easily, an old habit that’d clearly never died) fixed on Party Poison, moved closer. He wasn’t looking at her now though, glaring right at Saint Jimmy. Fun Ghoul was shaking his head. “I knew it. Just knew it. It really is him, isn’t it Rave?” She nodded. “So, Killjoys,” Saint Jimmy announced, getting everyone’s attention. Not Rave‘s. She refused to look away from Party Poison. “what’s ‘Rave’ told you about me?”
“Nothing!” Party Poison snapped. “Barely anything. Just that you were the love of her fucking life, you broke her heart and she fucking misses you every fucking day.” Rave closed her eyes, every word hurt, felt like a punch, a stab. When she opened my eyes again, Party Poison had turned away and was walking deeper into the apparent warehouse they were in. She reached out to him, “Poison-” He shrugged her off, not forcefully or anything, but more than enough for her to get the hint. A hand on her shoulder, Fun Ghouls, “Leave him a minute, Rave, ok? None of us were expecting this.”
“I didn’t- Surely he knows-” Fun Ghoul nodded, but she wasn’t sure if he believed that, or was just trying to make her feel better. “What the fuck was that about?” Saint Jimmy really shouldn’t have been laughing when he said that. Kobra Kid, who, until then, had stayed off to the side, watching to see what would happen, turned and glared at Saint Jimmy. “Who the fuck-”
“Kid.” Fun Ghoul said, a careful hint of warning in his voice. Party Poison is always their assumed leader, it’s never been spoken, but always accepted. Occasionally, though, like right now, he’s not there. Then it all pretty much depends on the situation on who temporarily takes on the role. Sometimes it’s Kobra Kid, sometimes it’s Jet Star, it’s even, once or twice, been Rave, but right now it was Fun Ghoul, and he was clearly looking to keep the situation from getting out of hand. But Kobra Kid was pissed, and… Well, then there was Saint Jimmy. He was still grinning, smugly. Kobra Kid was, thankfully, not looking at Saint Jimmy now though. “You’re just gonna let him get away with that?” He demanded of Fun Ghoul, and then, “and you!” Onto Rave now. “You’re not even stopping him! You’re the one who fucking brought him here and now you’re just gonna let-”
“Just so you know.” Saint Jimmy cut in. “I have no fucking idea what you’re getting so worked up about, I’ve barely said a word against… Whatever his fucking name is”
“Party Poison.” Kobra Kid snapped. Saint Jimmy laughed. “Whatever. I could easily say a lot worse.” That didn’t help matters. “And what the fuck is that supposed-”
“KID!” Fun Ghoul, more forcefully this time. “Fine!” Kobra Kid snapped back, though it clearly wasn’t. And especially not now, Saint Jimmy was laughing. “Jimmy.” Rave said, finding her voice at last. “I think we need to talk.” He shrugged. “Sure.” He didn’t move, so, reluctantly, Rave held out her hand to him. He smiled, knowingly, and stood up to take it. Holding it a little too tight, possessively. She made a show of trying to get her hand back, didn’t want the boys to think she wanted to betray Poison like this. But it was just a show. Really, she didn’t want him to let go at all. And he didn’t. “Come on, I’m sure we can find someplace for us to… Get some privacy.” Saint Jimmy said. And somehow, like it always was, Saint Jimmy was leading her. “Rave.” Fun Ghoul called out, she stopped to look back. He was trying not to show it, but he was clearly worried. “Do you want me to come with you?” Rave smiled back, more confident than she really was. “I’m a big girl, Ghoul. I’ll be fine.”
“I just-” Fun Ghoul began. Somehow she knew it wasn’t just her safety they were worried about and that was… Awkward. “Nothing means more to me than you guys. OK?” She was pretty sure they got the coded message in that, ‘no one is more important to me than Poison.’ Kobra Kid was still glaring at her. “You forget what you’ve told us, Rave.” It was his own code. ‘You forget what you told us about Saint Jimmy.’ It was exactly what she was trying to forget as her and that very Saint walked away.

“This’ll do.” Saint Jimmy announced, stepping and leading her into one of the many, many rooms that lead off from the main corridor. All the rooms were small, and she tried not to think about what this place had been, once, so long ago. She also tried not to think about the one door we’d passed that’d been closed. She knew that that was where Party Poison was, shut away with his thoughts. What must he be thinking? What would he think if he knew she was in here, alone with Saint Jimmy? Especially now Saint Jimmy was closing the door. Rave stepped forward and grabbed it before it closed, staring at Saint Jimmy pointedly. “No.” Saint Jimmy grinned. “What? Don’t trust yourself around me with the doors closed?”
“I barely trust myself around you with them open.” She muttered, but Saint Jimmy just about caught it and laughed. “You know, I like the hair, Rave.” He seemed to enjoy using her Killjoy name, though he clearly saw it as a joke. Saint Jimmy stepped closer, briefly looking over the black majority of her hair, then he focused on the one bit that‘s different. A streak of bright red. He gathered it up in his fingers, and smiled. “Statement to say you‘re Cherry Tops girl or something?” Rave ignored the question entirely, batting his hand away like it wasn‘t a big deal, she stepped back. “Jimmy.” She said, forcing herself to focus on the questions buzzing in her head. “What- How did-” They all tried to come out at once. Taking a slow, steadying breath she started again. “What happened?” The grin turned down a notch then. Didn’t disappear though. “Getting straight to the serious stuff?” Then he shrugged. “Fine. Depends when you mean.” Now he mentioned it, she didn’t know exactly when she meant. With a sigh, Rave sat down, onto the bed. She could feel Saint Jimmy watching her. Couldn’t decide if it made her feel uncomfortable or very, very pleased. Finally, “I guess… How come you’re… Here. All the way out here, thought you’d never leave the city.” Saint Jimmy shrugged. “Yeah, well, that was before the city changed on me. Wasn’t my place anymore. So I left.” He made it sound so simple, Rave knew it wasn’t, it can’t have been. She tried out a small grin of my own. “What happened to Johnny? And… Whatsername?” The hesitation wasn’t her trying to remember Whatsername’s actual name, hell, didn’t think she could’ve if she’d tried, it was because she remembered the reaction it would get from Saint Jimmy. She saw a flicker of it. Hidden well. “Johnny came with me.” Of course he did, Johnny would follow Saint Jimmy right over a fucking cliff. Figurative or literal. “And Whatsername?” Same flicker. “She came along too.” Right, great why couldn’t he have just said that right off? Of course now the question was, “Where are they now?” Raising his eyes to the ceiling, Saint Jimmy sighed. “That’s… Kind of a long story.”
“We’ve got time.” Rave insisted. “You know, maybe I’ve got some questions for you.” She ignored the fact that Saint Jimmy had completely dodged the subject, deciding instead to take the easy road on this one. “Fine, what’d you want to know?” Saint Jimmy grinned at her, and she knew that grin, and she should’ve known it was coming, really, she should’ve. “What’s Cherry Top like in bed?” Rave closed my eyes and slowly, slowly opened them again, trying to remain calm. “Alright. First. I think you mean Party Poison. And second, who the hell said we were-”
“Aww, come on, Rave. It’s as obvious as fuck. If you two weren’t screwing, why would he get so pissed at me? Huh?” Upset, annoyed and embarrassed as she was then, she still saw a chance. “Actually, I think you’ll find it was Kid who got pissed at you. So maybe your logic is just a touch flawed.” Good Lord, she’d hardly ever talked back to Saint Jimmy like this. She kinda enjoyed it, and, by the look on Saint Jimmy’s face, so did he. Not exactly the response she was hoping for. Or was it? “So maybe you’re fucking him too.” Rave grimaced. “Don’t be gross, Jimmy. They’re brothers.” Raising his eyebrows, “Kinky.”
“Fuck off, Jimmy.” She sighed. “At this rate you’ll be suggesting I’m fucking all of them.”
“Well… Now you mention it. That other one… Ghoul? He did seem pretty protective of you.” Then he laughed. “But, no. You’re only fucking Cherry Top. He’s the one who you went to, to say I was coming with you”
“Poison’s our leader, it was natural for me to tell him.” She argued. Saint Jimmy ignored her. “He was the one who said nothing, let you have your way.”
“It was a split second decision, he couldn’t-”
“He was the one who got all fucking over protective when I called you babe.”
“He just doesn’t approve of-”
“He’s the one who can hardly look at me.”
“That’s not true, he-”
“He’s the one who’s voice gets all strained and tight and nasty just talking about me. He’s the one who told me just what you said about me.”
“Someone was going to. You were the one who asked!”
“He’s the one who walked off.”
“He was upset! You were acting like you don’t even fucking care and-”
“And, most importantly. He’s the one you keep trying to look at when you’re too busy trying to avoid me.” Rave stopped, realising she didn’t have a response for that. “I rest my case.” Saint Jimmy said, smugly. Then, walking over to the bed now, he sat down next to her. This was a little too much now, she wouldn’t look at him. She. Would. Not. Look at him. She felt his hand take hers. “I missed you, you know?” He said, quietly. Rave shook her head. Tried to tug her hand away, for real this time. None of the boys were there, there was no one here to keep her in check. Why hadn’t she taken Fun Ghoul up on his offer to come with her? She thought she could be trusted. Thought she was in control. You’re never in control, not if Saint Jimmy’s involved. She’d forgotten that. “What?” Saint Jimmy asked, acting confused, he wasn’t really. “I just-” All she got out before Saint Jimmy kissed her. She’d forgotten so much. All her strength, all her strength and all her love she had for Party Poison it took to get her to push Saint Jimmy away. Rave had no choice but to look at him now. Pretty eyes blazing with fire. “Fine.” Saint Jimmy snapped. Then he got up, left before she knew what was happening. She just wished she knew what the fuck he was going to do next. Not like he had a big wide city to disappear into. Not like he had a crowd of adoring followers. Not like he had Johnny to go to. Fuck.

Party Poison had hid himself away in one of the first rooms. After his first encounter with the legendary ‘Saint’ Jimmy, this is where he’d gone, and this is where he’d stayed, worrying the rest of the Killjoys. None of them came looking for him though. Knew better than that. Except, perhaps one of them didn’t. Party Poison pretended he hadn’t heard the footsteps stopping outside the door, the door opening, he didn’t look up. “So. You’re the Killjoy who’s fucking my girl.” Startled by the already too familiar voice, Party Poison did look up then, and straight at the smirking figure propping himself up against the doorway. Saint Jimmy. Party Poison had to remind himself that he was the one in control here. This was his world that Saint Jimmy had walked so fucking confidently into. “She’s not ‘yours’, Saint.” Saint Jimmy raised an eyebrow. “Sure about that?” Then, stepping into the room. “You know, I’m actually kinda impressed.” As Saint Jimmy moved closer, Party Poison quickly stood, not wanting the ‘saint’ standing over him, getting the idea he over powered him. “About her being a Killjoy? Yeah, you mentioned.” Saint Jimmy grinned. “Well, yeah, but that’s not what I meant.” And Saint Jimmy was still coming closer. Party Poison resisted the overwhelming urge to step back. “You’re pretty impressive yourself, Cherry Top.”
“It’s Party Poison.” He snapped. Saint Jimmy widened his eyes slightly. “How about your real name?”
“How about yours, ‘Saint’?” Party Poison returned. Saint Jimmy grinned, he was enjoying this, clearly. “Jimmy. Or weren’t you paying attention?” Party Poison tried out a laugh, it sounded false and forced, but it made him feel a little better. “What do you want, ‘Jimmy’?” Trying to sound confident, he couldn’t hide the fact he’d had to step back finally. He was practically against the wall, and Saint Jimmy wasn’t stopping. Not until he was so close Party Poison felt like he couldn’t breathe. “When I decide what I want.” Saint Jimmy said, gently, carefully, leaning in to whisper, hotly in his ear, “I promise, you’ll know.” Party Poison closed his eyes, somehow, those words felt like a threat. He heard Saint Jimmy laugh, softly. And he kissed him on the cheek. Even within the split second that Party Poison took to open his eyes, Saint Jimmy had gone from the room.

“Hey Killjoys!” Saint Jimmy gleefully announced as he walked back into the main area, where the other three Killjoys still remained. Jet Star and Fun Ghoul were sitting, though clearly not exactly calmly, Kobra Kid, however, had been constantly pacing and threatening to go after Rave and Saint Jimmy. The other two had had to argue him out of it and, a couple of times, physically stop him. “What will it look like you’re saying about Rave if you go after them?” Fun Ghoul had reasoned. “You were the one who offered to go with them, remember.” Kobra Kid had retorted. But he stayed. Now they saw Saint Jimmy return, alone. Kobra Kid practically pounced on him. “Where the fuck is Rave?” Saint Jimmy grinned. “Recovering.” Just as Kobra Kid looked as if he was about to hit Saint Jimmy, Fun Ghoul stood up. “Don’t fucking listen to him, Kid. No way anything happened.”
“Well, I wouldn’t want to sell myself short. But maybe I got a little something outta her.” Saint Jimmy said, with a wink. That time Fun Ghoul had to act fast to restrain Kobra Kid, whose arm had raised on instinct alone. Saint Jimmy laughed. “Why the fuck do you care so much anyway?” Then, “Oh, of course. Cherry Top’s your brother. Well, maybe you’d like to hear about the little run in I had with him instead?” Fun Ghoul had to quickly grab back hold of Kobra Kid, taking both arms this time. Kobra Kid struggled, of course, but didn’t get loose. “What the fuck did you do? Stay the fuck away from my brother!” Saint Jimmy laughed, obviously very pleased with the reaction he was getting. “Kid! Kid.” Fun Ghoul was attempting to calm him. “Come on, you know he didn’t do anything, he’s just trying to cause trouble. Don’t listen to him. What could he have done to Poison, huh?” Saint Jimmy raised an eyebrow. “Wouldn’t you like to know?”
“Look. ‘Saint’. Shut the fuck up, alright? I’m trying to make sure he doesn’t do something he’ll regret, but I’m starting to think maybe he wouldn’t regret it at all.” Fun Ghoul told him, still keeping a firm hold on Kobra Kid. And then, to him, “Just calm down. Think about who this is. Think about what Rave would say if she knew what you were thinking about doing.” Kobra Kid tried to shake him off again. “Figure she’d be happy I was defending her, and Poison.”
“Really?” And, finally, Kobra Kid relaxed. “No.” And Fun Ghoul finally thought it safe to loosen his hold. “But if he says one more thing about Poison, I’ll-”
“Submissive ain’t he? Your brother.” Fun Ghoul wasn’t quick enough that time, and, truth be told, he didn’t try very hard anyway. At this point, he figured Saint Jimmy pretty much deserved it. Saint Jimmy took the blow well, seeming to recover almost immediately. A hand going to the cut on his lip just starting to well up. And he was still grinning. “I’m not telling you again.” Kobra Kid said, voice as threatening as his eyes, as his whole posture. “You stay away from Rave. And you stay away from Poison.” And then, before he did something he’d actually regret, Kobra Kid stalked off, to find his own little sanctuary in the madness. But not before Saint Jimmy informed him. “Can’t guarantee they’ll stay away from me.”
Sign up to rate and review this story